Has anyone gotten this email from NC?

Trio

I'm so confused right now lol mostly due to the fact that the email in question used to be used for my main account before I changed it for security

not sure if its real or a scam '-'

hratt0.png

7 minutes ago, Trio said:

I'm so confused right now lol mostly due to the fact that the email in question used to be used for my main account before I changed it for security

not sure if its real or a scam '-'

hratt0.png

Well either scammers got really good or this is legit, to me it looks legit.

But what I would do is write that link by hand in URL tab and go to verify account. And if this is legit, don't go selling your account...

4 minutes ago, Rog said:

Well either scammers got really good or this is legit, to me it looks legit.

But what I would do is write that link by hand in URL tab and go to verify account. And if this is legit, don't go selling your account...

Yeah but what confuses me is I cannot "Verify" the email it wants me to verify as that email does not have any account linked to it so I cant login to the website with it. I switched that accounts email to a different one a long time ago and that new email doesnt ask to be verified nor does it have the option to on the website to do so lol.

• NCSOFT

This is indeed fake. We will never send emails asking you to log on in order to "verify ownership". Never click links directly included in emails, just type manually :  https://secure.ncsoft.com/ in your browser whenever in doubt. (Bookmark that page if needed).

Any email or in-game mail pressuring you to do something in order to either avoid getting banned and/or receive some kind of reward (NCoins, in-game items etc.) is a scam.

Edit to answer the post below: 

This is vastly different from "please log in to your account quickly in order to receive these too good to be true rewards" (some in-game phishing scam are telling players to log on within 24 hours in order to receive free Hongmoon Coins).

Whenever we run campaigns like the current one, officials channels (website, social media etc.) will always relay the information and we will never "pressure" you to log on (pressure as in "you have to act quickly (i.e. 24 hours) or you won't receive your reward"). We'll give more than enough time for players to act. Again in doubt, don't click anything and enter the URL manually :)

12 minutes ago, Youmukon said:

Any email or in-game mail pressuring you to do something in order to either avoid getting banned and/or receive some kind of reward (NCoins, in-game items etc.) is a scam.

So what about the thing for signing up to the Newsletter prior to June 22nd? Isn't that supposed to come as a reward for players and come via email or something?

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/

Also you’ll want to make sure you’re subscribed to our Newsletter, as we’re going to be sending a thank you package to all of our Newsletter subscribers toward the end of June.

Nico Coutant
Producer, Blade & Soul

1 hour ago, Shadzar said:

So what about the thing for signing up to the Newsletter prior to June 22nd? Isn't that supposed to come as a reward for players and come via email or something?

http://www.bladeandsoul.com/en/news/blade-soul-producers-letter/

Most likely the newsletter will come with a unique code to be used in "Apply a Code" in our account settings and not through a link.

That is a phishing email, and a pretty obvious one at that.  Don't click the links or enter any information through it.

Here are things that make a phishing email easy to spot (and these are in the email you show above):

1.  Poor grammar.

"It will be ongoing for further investigations..."  This is terrible grammar, and no professional company would ever send out such a poorly written email to anyone.

2.  Generic attention / not addressed to anyone in particular.

"Dear customer" is not how most companies communicate to their customers.  It's usually going to be addressed to whatever name you registered with that company.  Like "Dear John Smith, etc."

3.  Email tries to create a sense of urgency.

"Click the link now immediately or your account will be suspended."

There are probably more signs if you looked at the origin of the email as well instead of the display name which is shown above.

As a PSA, here's an link on how to spot phishing emails.

http://www.techrepublic.com/blog/10-things/10-tips-for-spotting-a-phishing-email/

1 hour ago, Bezerko said:

That is a phishing email, and a pretty obvious one at that.  Don't click the links or enter any information through it.

and probably if he hovered hover the link should tell  in a sec it was a phishing scam.

I have got phishing e-mails 3 times already.  First it was the harassing by gold sellers trying to friend me (which i reported). Then these bad phishing e-mails(which i report), and now i got whispered by a scammer. Honestly I dont know why i still report bots. NCsoft has a record of ignoring the reports we make about these scammers and hackers. Because of this consequence free environment the bad people out there in the game will continue do even more scams until NCsoft makes these people accountable for their actions and stops them.

As has been noted, this email is full of awkward verbiage and peculiar phrasing, on top of the fact that it does not address you directly in any way. In addition, it is not typical for companies, banks, etc., to mention punishments in an email that is, ostensibly, an initial contact to attempt to verify information. 

You did the right thing taking a moment to consider what was proper to do and to seek help. These sorts of scams rely on otherwise honest people wanting to straighten out any issues or violations of ToS as quickly as is possible and clicking the provided link immediately without first thinking about the possible consequences. It is similar to such scams that ask you to login to your bank account on the provided link or to provide your login information for your online bank(s).

As an aside, it is surprising that they went to so much trouble to make the email seem legitimate but could not be bothered to ask someone with expertise in English or at the least  to ask a reasonably well-educated native speaker so that they could avoid those mistakes which are such red flags. Oh, well. Stay in school, kids!

I can't stop laughing at this idiot trying to scam people with worse grammar than I'll ever have. This person is clearly not thinking before they act in any way.

And again as I keep asking and no ones giving me answers, how the HELL is this person getting peoples EMAILS.

9 minutes ago, Mom said:

And again as I keep asking and no ones giving me answers, how the HELL is this person getting peoples EMAILS.

I have some suppositions but I cannot say anything as I haven't any evidence.

Anyway as most of you wrote, this is a scam. Don't click on link for any reason.

Indeed fake. I get a bunch of these every week for the past month or so. The ones I've been getting though tell me that I won a prize package or something and need to verify my account status in order to get it. Never fall for this stuff anyways. I still get these kind of scam emails from scamers trying to get my WoW account.

Archived