Poor Summoners. Not~

Bhindu

1 minute ago, ShiroUmi said:

Let's see

• Cat tank in SSP solely because it is the only thing that doesn't get squished by Terror ? which is...well..only that, no one ever asks for cat tank in dungeon, ever or atleast as far as I have seen.
  • "Once" and "hard to pull off" keywords here which mean.... impractical and does not offer anything solid.
  • Don't have the need for Petal when I can have 2 or 3 or even 4 FM in the party for that matter, hell FM even does more damage output than the SM, in addition to frost sheath to save the day on occasion.
  • I have... 1 toon at Awakened Scorpion, with 4 Awakened Oath accessories 1 True Oath, 1 toon in True Breeze with Awakened Oath bracelet/belt, 1 toon in Awakened Breeze weapon, and I crafted all the STS myself as well as farming all the moonstones so....please tell me more about I'm not doing enough SSP. You are the one that don't do enough SSP, people literally run back and forth between 2 mining sites to get as many bosses as possible for prestige and terror boxes, the chance for an SM to actually stops and revive someone is near to 0% 

Humor me more with your love to a brain dead class please ~ 

• Terrors, tent boss (because people like to run to the back of the tent and reset it), battle phase boss, and like I said some people like to run around everywhere from the bosses and move it a lot which is annoying, snare and taunt puts an end to that.
  • Yeah, on lair boss because no one cc'd it and there were no other summoners in the group.  It does offer something solid, you're just being too blind to see it.  If you're soloing you can easily pull it off.
  • Can Divine Veil iframe status effect puddles like blackwyrm poison or make chi recovers invulnerable? Because I've never played FM.
  • Well then stop acting delusional and making yourself look like a fool.  I see summoner revives all the time, especially during battle phase boss and even during mining phases when running back and forth.  It's non-summoners who rarely revive others because it takes 20 seconds while cat revives are shorter and can't be interrupted unless the cat dies.

Why do you think I love the summoner class?  I only use it for farming, nothing else.  I find the class boring to be honest and I'd rather play my melee, but hey it's much easier to farm mats on my summoner.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Mucski said:

It's not a brain dead class. It's an easy class, and that's why you are hurt about it. If others want to join and chose an easy class you are nobody to tell them not to do so and pick a super hard one and learn how to play. That can come once they mastered a "brain dead" class and actually earned some materials and money to create alts. And speaking of brain dead, how come my main is an FM, and I can't get past 1400 in arena because every other char is a KFM, and they all seem to have mastered that super cool stun lock combo that I just can't escape from ... maybe it's my computer or my internet, but I gave up. My FM Is good for PVE but I'll never go with it in Arena ever again. And yes, I know all combos, I watched all Jaesung's and others videos, and I had gold 2 patches ago, what happened after that I have no idea. And you only have 1 button, you don't even have to spam LB-RB ... you just spam LB-counter :o Wow such a pro class

SM isn't an easy class, FM/BD is what I would call an easy class, take a bit of effort to learn and play properly, a bit more to play good and a bit more to master.

Don't call a class, that you can't fight against, a brain dead class just because you are bad, not to mention that stunlock + animation cancel combo is only viable when you have good connection. Blaming KFM having too much Stun lock is laughable, as I said I main KFM with a FM as alt, so let me ....give you some basic tips for newbie.

• First, stop hitting into their Counter/Elbow Smash, they counter for 1 sec and have 0.3 sec CD, time it and use snowball to disable it for 6 sec (please tell me you do know about this).
  • Second, stop hitting into their Q/E or SS, you are just gonna give them free CC on you.
  • The first and second put together a rule, stop blindly throwing hit at KFM for... you are just gonna hurt yourself more than hurting the KFM.
  • Third, stop trigger happy on tab escape and SS escape, most of KFM CCs have longer cooldown than your SS escape even, so save it for the right moment.
  • Fourth, KFM's SS has 8 sec cooldown, bait it out and you have yourself a nice 8 sec free DPS from the BACK.
  • Last, get good~ please ~~

You said you knew all combos and even watched Jaesung videos and stuff, but then you went off and said....." And you only have 1 button, you don't even have to spam LB-RB ... you just spam LB-counter :o Wow such a pro class" which pretty much discredited everything you have said about your experience - if gave me a nice chuckle though, I give you that - so sad.

27 minutes ago, Quantum said:
  • Terrors, tent boss (because people like to run to the back of the tent and reset it), battle phase boss, and like I said some people like to run around everywhere from the bosses and move it a lot which is annoying, snare and taunt puts an end to that.

Which still only occur in SSP, a part of an entire game, I lol'd hard, really.

• Yeah, on lair boss because no one cc'd it and there were no other summoners in the group.  It does offer something solid, you're just being too blind to see it.  If you're soloing you can easily pull it off.

That is the hillarious thing I have ever heard. Lair boss, the King one, is the one a SM should never, ever ever ever try to CC, except for FM or Des, because at certain point you have to bring the boss to one of the Totem, any attempt on CCing the boss at that part might lead to a wipe for medium to just about geared enough for the dungeon. Moreover, no one has time to run Lair solo, so please~ your argument is rather....laughable.

• Can Divine Veil iframe status effect puddles like blackwyrm poison or make chi recovers invulnerable? Because I've never played FM.

It certainly can resist status effect from BW poison puddles, King boss in lair etc... The hongmoon version of Divine Veil reduce Chi Recovery by 6 with HM Phantom Grip gives 10 sec shield for people in Near Death/Chi Recovery state, which is so far only SM's Petal has this ability, but even then frankly it is hardly ever used for that purpose. 

28 minutes ago, Quantum said:
  • Well then stop acting delusional and making yourself look like a fool.  I see summoner revives all the time, especially during battle phase boss and even during mining phases when running back and forth.  It's non-summoners who rarely revive others because it takes 20 seconds while cat revives are shorter and can't be interrupted unless the cat dies.

Not gonna argue with you on this anymore, since I am not on your server nor you are on mine and hell I don't even know if you actually saw what you said you saw or you are just talking out of defending the class, so whatever.

Getting wrecked by a summoner? OMG SCRUBCLASS PLAY A REAL CLASS

Getting wrecked by a class other then a summoner? OMG P2W CREDITCARD WARRIOR

Yours sincerely,

Blade and soul community

I don't care what poison you spread - I won't re roll and undo 1.5 months of grinding (yes, I have a life) just because some people deem a class "brain dead" and "useless in everything they do". I guess you've never played a sum before. Your arguments always always put the sum in the bad light, objectively you could turn it around and say that Divine Veil is useless because summoners have Petal... but since this is a SM rant/hate thread this won't ever happen.

Sum is more of a solo class and sadly doesn't have any boost buffs. I would be totally OK with some nerf if something party-friendlier could be added to the class. A removal won't happen anyway so I'll ignore that bitter comment.

28 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

Which still only occur in SSP, a part of an entire game, I lol'd hard, really.

That is the hillarious thing I have ever heard. Lair boss, the King one, is the one a SM should never, ever ever ever try to CC, except for FM or Des, because at certain point you have to bring the boss to one of the Totem, any attempt on CCing the boss at that part might lead to a wipe for medium to just about geared enough for the dungeon. Moreover, no one has time to run Lair solo, so please~ your argument is rather....laughable.

It certainly can resist status effect from BW poison puddles, King boss in lair etc... The hongmoon version of Divine Veil reduce Chi Recovery by 6 with HM Phantom Grip gives 10 sec shield for people in Near Death/Chi Recovery state, which is so far only SM's Petal has this ability, but even then frankly it is hardly ever used for that purpose. 

Not gonna argue with you on this anymore, since I am not on your server nor you are on mine and hell I don't even know if you actually saw what you said you saw or you are just talking out of defending the class, so whatever.

It doesn't only occur in SSP, "and like I said some people like to run around everywhere from the bosses and move it a lot which is annoying."  Is it really that hard to comprehend that?

Anyone that have done lair more than once knows to move the boss towards the totem, it's the phases not during the totem where you can endless cc chain him.  Only someone who doesn't know what they're doing would get the party wiped.  Also please tell me where I said anything about soloing lair?  The lair boss was just a mere example, go back and reread my original post. 

I saw what I wrote and yes, I am defending the class because each class has its pros and cons.  I'm done arguing with you as well since you can't seem to understand anything.  I wouldn't be surprised if you're an elitist.

Anyone should play the class he likes the way he likes it (Within the terms of the ToS).

You have good and bad players within any class, no point to start kicking against any class just for the class.

nothing else matters.

1 hour ago, Quantum said:

you were saying ? 

3 minutes ago, Quantum said:

It doesn't only occur in SSP, "and like I said some people like to run around everywhere from the bosses and move it a lot which is annoying."  Is it really that hard to comprehend that?

Then again, a decent KFM/BM in dungeons would never let a ranged take agro away from them whatsoever, and when the ranged class don't have agro on them...how the hell can they kite the boss away ?  which eventually come down to just SSP again where melee classes have a really hard time to stay alive to maintain the agro on them. You are the one that need some comprehension here not me. 

8 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Anyone that have done lair more than once knows to move the boss towards the totem, it's the phases not during the totem where you can endless cc chain him.  Only someone who doesn't know what they're doing would get the party wiped.

That is exactly the point~ , 90% of the SM root the damn boss right after it spawns the totem and then proceed to taunt it off the tank which is pretty much a GG, even worse when it comes to Yeti 4 man with freeze debuff, so far I have only seen 3 SMs that did not Root the Yeti when it does the jump after the AoE freeze debuff and during the Ice phase when it does the ground pounding with AoE freeze, and strangely all those SM who messed up the run for everyone either never communicate and/or in high end gears/HM level, such wow ? 

14 minutes ago, Quantum said:

I saw what I wrote and yes, I am defending the class because each class has its pros and cons.  I'm done arguing with you as well since you can't seem to understand anything.  I wouldn't be surprised if you're an elitist.

Sure, every classes have them pros and cons, sadly SM has more cons than pros, even more sad when the people that plays the class are majority bad, but think that they are pro and go on full denial mode whenever their beloved class get bashed on by facts.

Call me elitist if you will, I couldn't careless for you don't know me and all I care now is the worst class in the game has finally get to put in it place, and the people that play the class finally have to actually learn the game rather than just roll stomp everything in EZ mode and screw things up like they used to. 

I still don't know what skills/mechanics will be nerfed that deserve words like

the people that play the class finally have to actually learn the game

Can anyone explain, please?

Also, for the love of, stop generalizing. If someone says "stop Qing" many people will stop (assuming they can read). Pixel character class=personality of every single person sitting in front of the monitor? Get real.

14 hours ago, Quantum said:

Wouldn't get my hopes up, those changes aren't official.  To be honest some of the changes don't make any sense.

They are test server, most of time same thing they put over test happen

Just now, ShiroUmi said:

you were saying ? 

Yes, reread that again and tell me WHERE I said anything about soloing lair.  Just because I stated lair boss in that post doesn't mean I was talking about it.  It just states "  If you're soloing you can easily pull it off." I could be talking about anything.  Again, go back and reread my original post and you'll know what I was referring to.

5 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

Then again, a decent KFM/BM in dungeons would never let a ranged take agro away from them whatsoever, and when the ranged class don't have agro on them...how the hell can they kite the boss away ?  which eventually come down to just SSP again where melee classes have a really hard time to stay alive to maintain the agro on them. You are the one that need some comprehension here not me. 

LOL this is where I stop.  I've seen FMs pull aggro so many damn times EVERYWHERE and start running around, even with decent KFM/BM, that it makes this post a damn joke.

14 minutes ago, Quantum said:

Yes, reread that again and tell me WHERE I said anything about soloing lair.  Just because I stated lair boss in that post doesn't mean I was talking about it.  It just states "  If you're soloing you can easily pull it off." I could be talking about anything.  Again, go back and reread my original post and you'll know what I was referring to.

I only see what you wrote, if anything is at fault here that is you for not wording what you wanted to say right, since you mentioned ONLY lair boss, obviously the reader will think that you were talking specifically about Lair of the Frozen Fang dungeon.

Next time, try this " If you are running as the sole SM in party, you can easily pull it off" how about that ? much clearer, no ? 

12 minutes ago, Quantum said:

LOL this is where I stop.  I've seen FMs pull aggro so many damn times EVERYWHERE and start running around, even with decent KFM/BM, that it makes this post a damn joke.

The KFM/BM you saw/ran with wasn't really "decent" then lol ~ but let me let you stop, or you might run out of denial material to come back incase someone else also give your trash class a hard time too :p

12 hours ago, Nattia said:

maybe in the next patch your main will be nerfed and then we will laugh and love it

Summoner is not my main (mine's only level 9-16) and I never understood why people cheered about others getting nerfed :p

Didn't they nerf earth build, and then massively buff the KR OP tier wind build? The utility nerf makes Summoners work harder than ever before; let's face it, cat grapple in PvP was really overpowered.

However I don't like their partying healing skill being buffed, it was fine as it was before and buffing it pushes the game toward the Holy Trinity which the game defied in the first place. It also makes Soul Fighter somewhat less efficient if a Summoner is already present and vise versa.

5 hours ago, Quantum said:

It's not like summoner doesn't have anything to offer.  Group heals, cat revives (very useful in ssp), pounce that decreases target defense by 50% (more dps), taunt, snare, petal storm.  I don't main summoner but I can tell you they are very OP against bosses as they can put ALMOST all of them in an endless cc chain which can make killing them very easy for groups. Not to mention they can stop those annoying kites from moving the boss everywhere which I am thankful for as a melee player. 

• No one cares about group healing, every class is capable of self-sustainability.
  • Cat revive is nice but doesn't do anything if people avoid dying.
  • Cat pounce is nice but no one cares about defense reduction since majority of bosses don't have really high defense and everyone can easily gain enough piercing.
  • Taunt actually kills people in Asura and there are situations where the boss needs to be moved around, not to mention cat stealing aggro from a tank confuses them and potentially causes things to go wrong.
  • Snare can potentially cause a wipe in Yeti and Lair and is useless against bosses that have to move around.
  • Petal Storm is only good for the chi recovery shield but shouldn't happen if people don't die. Besides, everyone else has their anti-projectile field, block, or spin parry.

Summoner kit is "nice to have" but besides damage its not as amazing as everyone makes them out to be.

36 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

The KFM/BM you saw/ran with wasn't really "decent" then lol ~ but let me let you stop, or you might run out of denial material to come back incase someone else also give your trash class a hard time too :p

Decent or not it doesn't change the fact that FMs steal aggro.  I've seen them steal aggro when our main KFM was tanking blackwyrm.  Luckily blackwyrm doesn't run around but that sudden direction change catches people off guard.  I even stated that summoner isn't my main class and that I prefer melee.  Looks like you didn't go back and read the posts.

MY PUG STATISTICS

90% of PUG dungeon trauma are caused by summoners in my experience

1.Leeroy Jenkins and burn teammates

2.Leeroy Jenkins and teammates cant finish respec

3.Taunt asura flame

5.Kite asura balls

4.Wrong CC on Iruga shadow/Drill sergeant (99% of wrong cc come from SMs and 1% from BM)

I think we should change the name from summoner to Leeroy Jenkins.

1 hour ago, Shadovvv said:

• No one cares about group healing, every class is capable of self-sustainability.
  • Cat revive is nice but doesn't do anything if people avoid dying.
  • Cat pounce is nice but no one cares about defense reduction since majority of bosses don't have really high defense and everyone can easily gain enough piercing.
  • Taunt actually kills people in Asura and there are situations where the boss needs to be moved around, not to mention cat stealing aggro from a tank confuses them and potentially causes things to go wrong.
  • Snare can potentially cause a wipe in Yeti and Lair and is useless against bosses that have to move around.
  • Petal Storm is only good for the chi recovery shield but shouldn't happen if people don't die. Besides, everyone else has their anti-projectile field, block, or spin parry.

Summoner kit is "nice to have" but besides damage its not as amazing as everyone makes them out to be.

• Why do people sometimes ask for summoners for group heals?
  • No comment.
  • It helps killing other players and helps those who lack piercing. :P
  • Yes taunt can get people killed, like at blackwyrm, but it also saves people.
  • Only if they don't know what they're doing.
  • I'd rather be protected by petal storm than rely on my timing to deflect multiple projectiles, especially when the game decides to randomly drop fps during a boss's attack.  Also taking on multiple ranged mobs (like at Konta or Sujun), petal storm is a life saver there.

Nothing but pros and cons here.  I just don't get why people bash the class when they haven't even tried to learn how to play it.  

5 hours ago, ShiroUmi said:

Ok, let's see ~ 

•        Taunt ? No one likes SM taunt, except SM themselves for there are time where you ABSOLUTELY have to move to boss around but then the freaking cat is...a big pile of useless hair ball on the floor during taunt. Beside, SM tent to taunt everything in sight whether the party has KFM/BM or not.
  •        Snare ? Snare will 80% of the time mess up the boss in Yeti or in Lair or any dungeons that have mechanic related to the boss need to be moved at a certain point.
  •        Petal Storm ? FM with Divine Veil has already taken that job lol ~ 
  •        Cat revive ? how many time does a SM actually revive a teamate ? I have seem as far as....10 times so far? since launch that is

I don't know....your OP SM seems more of a trouble to me...

I guess you never see a full ranged party, right, cuz you play a melee? That's what my clan does, cuz of high ping hates them if they play melee, so my entire clan are ranged classes. While summoner cannot keep the taunt 24/24, it keeps the boss stay in place for 8s, relieving the kiting duty of the tanker (which can be a FM, or myself). I don't taunt when there is KFM/BM in the group, unless they don't want to tank or too suck to tank. And you know what? A right moment of cat taunt will spare the tanker from worrying about boss' mechanic in special occasion like during Iruga's shadows.

You just list the bad moment to snare. Do you know about the good moment then? Snare Yeti when it just goes a Heat Slam, keeping in in place for a good while to stack up five Heat buff. Snare Asura when his HP hit 90% and cat taunt behind him, making him stuck in place for free DPS time, or when he does fire/ice phase, for more free DPS time. For boss that doesn't have particular mechanic to worry about if snared, and when your party is full ranged and do kiting tanking, snare saves a lot of trouble.

Petal Storm? Don't you know that if it is cast on a Chi-recovering member, he will immune to all sort of attack?

When someone is chi recovering, summoner+cat = two people speeding up the progress. When someone is dead, a cat is enough to save him, while other keeps DPSing to compensate the loss of DPS. When the party does poorly and the sum goes chi-recoving or dead, he can save himself with his cat. When he die along with someone else, the remaining member only need to stalling for 10s, and get back fully-recovering party.

For people say that group heal and revive is useless, then it really depends on your group. If you have a static group with god-like reaction that can evade every single boss attack, then gratz, you don't need healing or revive at all. However, for hing-pingers like my clan, or during pug moments, extra heal and revive DO HELP to keep your group from wiping.  Healing and revive allows room for mistake, which you can expect a lot from high pingers and pug quality.. If you're going to say 'I would never go pug, and my group have zero ping, so I don't need heal or revive', how about shut up and go back waiting for your godly static group online, leaving other people alone?

In any case, no need to laugh or worry about us summoners. Players are adaptable, the nerf/buff waves always happen in every MMO periodically. Summoners that cannot adapt will stop playing, while ones that adapt becomes better.

Plus, it's not like everything is set in stone, cuz it's still on the test server. And from what I read, aside from the utility nerf, the nerf on DPS is actually manageable, just require more attention on focus management to do well.

There is no bad class, only bad players who mess up and wipe the party, and salty players who hate the class and claim it bad, either for his own reason, for no reason or just brainlessly following the booing crowd.

15 hours ago, ShiroUmi said:

To be fair, for most of the other classes people actually have to spend time and effort into mastering the class, so even if they get nerfed a bit, it still hurts them less than the "all day brain dead spamming" SM. 

Time to actually learn the game my dear SM players :p 

Yeees. Yes!

9 hours ago, ShiroUmi said:

Ok, let's see ~ 

•        Taunt ? No one likes SM taunt, except SM themselves for there are time where you ABSOLUTELY have to move to boss around but then the freaking cat is...a big pile of useless hair ball on the floor during taunt. Beside, SM tent to taunt everything in sight whether the party has KFM/BM or not.
  •        Snare ? Snare will 80% of the time mess up the boss in Yeti or in Lair or any dungeons that have mechanic related to the boss need to be moved at a certain point.
  •        Petal Storm ? FM with Divine Veil has already taken that job lol ~ 
  •        Cat revive ? how many time does a SM actually revive a teamate ? I have seem as far as....10 times so far? since launch that is

I don't know....your OP SM seems more of a trouble to me...

1. Taunt chain snare can help the party with keeping shit stationary in certain situations. Most of the time, I draw aggro with pure dps on my SUM over KFM/BM with threat builds and higher AP/crit dmg so no reason to even bother with cat taunt. I personally don't use taunt unless its on a group of mobs or if I don't feel like taking full aggro 24/7 because the "tanks" can't even keep threat up with their threat builds and higher stats. And no, not attacking does nothing. Even my cat held aggro over others when I recalled it and stood there doing nothing.

2. Snare can help the team get that 8sec of extra dps in before bosses start their bullshit i.e) Lair - snare the boss right before he absorbs the statue, Necro - snare right before she actually starts the floor bangs. SUMs aren't the only ones who screw up the Yeti phases you know. Des/BD that grab, people that knockup, WL's that use their shackle, and people who waste other's CC abilities.

3. Go have a FM use Divine Veil on you when you die and try to chi recover and see how that goes for you. :)

4. How many times does anyone ever revive teammates in the middle of a fight that has a time limit? It's kind of difficult to go res like more than half the team because they can't seem to stay alive (I'm talking from all class pov). People will rarely ever revive others in SSP anyways. No one wants to miss out on kill count/maximum prestige. Having to do more sets of mining phase is a hassle for some people considering how fast things die and how little dps they can dish out.

Yeah. Summoner's are not a crazy good class. They aren't even good at pvp in kr. Aren't they like mid tier? Just your average Joe. Anyhoos. I also have been talking about summoner nerf with my friend who has a summoner but mains kfm. And we don't really think it's a nerf. It's just a complete 180 on the class. Like it's going to be really weird to be using bumblebees now that it's buffed. Also the party healing is weird af. with huzzah. Like wth would I need that for. Last point I want to make. Summoner's is not a brain dead class. If it were a brain dead class, people wouldn't hate summoner's so much for *cricket*ing up a lot of dungeon runs. You need to be smart enough to know not what to do. A lot of things a summoner does is extra. Like roots at the right time to help hold boss's down. Or when I put my cat down at yetis suck in heat phase so he jumps in the middle instead of at aggro. It's not necessary. But it's nice. 

9 hours ago, Brand X said:

Summoner is not my main (mine's only level 9-16) and I never understood why people cheered about others getting nerfed :p

I will tell you why people "Hate" summoner, Myself as a Destroyer I don't have much trouble against summoner but there one thing that also get on my nerf when I go against summoner.

Any class that able to 100-0 you with their skill, That skill that make them able to 100-0 their CD is either around 30 to 45 second so it does fit your escape time 35second CD while on the other hand cat Grable is annoying you can't break from it like any other grabs and in same time it got very short CD 18 second and long control time which is 52 second.

So once you get grabed first time you would be forced to escape to avoid the huge damage while the second time you get grabbed you won't have any way to escape, That why they nerf their "Grabble " skill and nothing else they changed CD from 18 to 24 and time of control from 5 to 4 second which is reasonable and understandable 

Archived