That stupid heaven's mandate entry for one stinger.

Shelly

Apparently people can't even take note of who actually paid the entry. e-e

I just got hate for bidding 2 gold for the stinger when the person bidding 1 copper for it wasn't even the person who paid entry. And the person who paid entry apparently didn't want to bid on it? Which is cool because I don't even expect people to give me one free stinger when I pay entry. 

I even scroll up chat to make sure it wasn't the right person. 

"Always summoners" more like "you always don't have a brain". 

CAN'T EVEN REMEMBER WHO PAID ENTRY EVEN THOUGH IT HAPPENED MINUTES AGO. SMH. 

You can't have 1 scale = 1 stinger in NA/EU because we already have such a sense of entitlement. It just goes to people's heads. Like, it's apparently the end of the world if someone wants to pay 2 gold for 1 stinger. Especially if the person who paid entry didn't even want to bid on it (I waited 8 seconds to see if they'd press y and bid copper). 

Ugh, Just ruin my day. 

Edit: Just as add on. I don't even think the people who support the whole "1 scale= 1 stinger" are even nice people. The reason why it works in other regions is because it is based on being VERY NICE. But the people who support the 1 scale=1 stinger are not nice at all. They bad mouth and hate so easily. They don't support this out of a sense of niceness, they support it in a sense to copy and be somewhat like the other regions and try to be as good spirited as them, but it can't ring true if it's not truly your motive to be inherently nice to everyone. 

Well that isnt a bright group but generally yes. The 1 stinger should be given to the player that used their ivory scale. If they dont want it, cool you can bid for it but, why pay 2 gold for a stinger, when you can get the stinger for a couple silver if no one bids against you, but you guys want to pay gold lol. Either way i dont see the deal, free money lol

Yeah, that one scale thing may be better served as a one time deal to get in.  After paying the one scale myself, I never felt it should mean I should just get the item.  Maybe there just needs to be more items.

I think the dungeon its self (same with cold storage) needs a bit of a change. Heavens mandate should either force everyone in the party to pay one scale or give the person who paid the scale something extra. For cold storage it should be the ones who use the orbs get something extra on daily or an extra box or something as well.

Everyone sells their scales for actually more than a stinger on my server... and yet everyone goes in expecting someone else to pay a scale for them.

1 scale = 1 stinger doesn't work in NA because apparently we're arseholes.  

I was laughing seeing all these hm 9 and 10 that I have seen farm in Zaiwei show up at heaven's mandate and refuse to use a scale cause they "don't have any". Of course they don't have any, they sell it, want someone else to use the scale instead of having the gold from selling... and want to bid on the stinger as well.

Even when people "agree" to the 1 scale = 1 stinger when joining an advertised heaven's mandate, they still bid on the stinger.

To the point that I refuse to use my scales, period. North Americans are not to be trusted.  I'd rather not run Heaven's mandate than have to be disappointed every day in humanity.

Humm, in EU I've seen few times happening where people both agree and disagree on this so some parties give the stinger without problem to the person who used a scale and sometimes you end up with 1-2 people that can't even let a single stinger pass by and will still bid greedily on it. I haven't seen the OP's case happening before really, so that's one heck of a rude group of people there since if the person who used the scale didn't want the stinger, then by logic the stinger should be free for bidding but ah well, BnS and its ohsowonderful community... -_-'

57 minutes ago, DeaHamlet said:

Even when people "agree" to the 1 scale = 1 stinger when joining an advertised heaven's mandate, they still bid on the stinger.

To the point that I refuse to use my scales, period. North Americans are not to be trusted.  I'd rather not run Heaven's mandate than have to be disappointed every day in humanity.

Same here, I won't use scales anymore.  The times I used a scale the group agreed that scale = stinger...there always turned out to be that one @&$  that would bid.  

I always have one. Always wait to see if anyone else will use it; it's happened twice. There's always a person that's 'so no one has a *cricket*ing scale?' I've never expected to actually get a stinger, I know better from this region and I'm hardly ever proved wrong. I just use mine to get it over and done with because the drama... Jesus Christ. It's like sitting through 1 mintue of a gut wrenching soap sometimes. 

1 hour ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

I always have one. Always wait to see if anyone else will use it; it's happened twice. There's always a person that's 'so no one has a *cricket*ing scale?' I've never expected to actually get a stinger, I know better from this region and I'm hardly ever proved wrong. I just use mine to get it over and done with because the drama... Jesus Christ. It's like sitting through 1 mintue of a gut wrenching soap sometimes. 

The hilarious part is I always want to respond with "well, you DIDN'T bring one, why do you expect others to???"  

Just now, JoannaRamira said:

i use my scale... someone ask "hey do the etiquette applies" i say yes.... we pulled the dg... i bid for stinger ... others let it go. But that person who ask about rules bid.. and poof ;w;

He asked to be sure to break the unwritten rule XD 

After 2 times someone bid when I used my scale I'll run this dungeons just with friends or I'll join an existing one so I'm not forced to have one as I won't be party leader.

And if nobody has we'll sit around the teleport to meditate how bad Jinsoyun is...

Just now, KlausFlouride said:

The shitty part is when nobody brings one and it burns your reset for the day. Awesome mechanic NCSoft

Why don`t you bring one to be sure you can open it if noone else have the scale?

11 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

The shitty part is when nobody brings one and it burns your reset for the day. Awesome mechanic NCSoft

Cold Storage 2.0

32 minutes ago, Majka said:

He asked to be sure to break the unwritten rule XD 

and i was like ...speechless. 

I didn't know it screws up a reset... o-o" Does it *cricket* up an initial heaven's mandate run or just a reset-ed one? And I don't get why it would *cricket* it up when you haven't even killed jinsoyun and all you did was walk in???? O-o. 

Also, I hope to the people that are defending the one scale=one stinger rule know that this thread I made is actually against the rule. I am actually against it because I don't want to enforce (in NA) people only putting in a scale because they get something in return. It works as a rule in other regions because people don't put in a scale to expect something in return, I think they put it in to be overall nice and make the dungeon run go well! And the party members who didn't put in the scale also want to be nice and let him have the stinger. And if they didn't let the scale-payer have the stinger, it's still ohkay because the dungeon run went smooth enough such that there is loot to be looking at, so everyone should be happy. It's just niceties all around!

Like people in NA so quick to hate people. Like why don't we just not hate people, it's just one stinger guys, chill. Leave it to NA to make drama out of nothing. I'm so irritated. When I pay the scale. And someone bids gold for the one stringer and someone has to defend me like I apparently am so uptight and competitive that I (the entry payer) would ever *cricket*ing care about one stringer. I don't *cricket*ing care about one stinger. Stop making drama and yelling at other people. I paid entry because I wanted to run heavens mandate and I want to be nice. But someone has to yell at someone at the end and make them feel sads. Not everyone knows about invisible rules. And some people don't read chat or its blasted full of clan chat. *cricket*ING GET OVER YOURSELF AND YOUR STUPID ONE STINGER. 

Also, tbh. We don't have the content for the black feather stuff anyways. Maybe people will be more prepared with scales when that times comes...? ><

17 minutes ago, Shelly said:

Also, I hope to the people that are defending the one scale=one stinger rule know that this thread I made is actually against the rule. I am actually against it because I don't want to enforce (in NA) people only putting in a scale because they get something in return.

You are starting from a wrong assumption; I didn't use my scale to get something in return, I found out about this rule just few days ago, but because I want to run dungeon. And I guess many others used it just to run dungeon. And in general I never bid stinger...I prefer to farm them instead to spend a lot of gold.

You are right when you said it's just a stinger...just it's not the missed stinger that disappoints me but the lack of respect and selfishness of this community. So why must I bother myself to use items for people who don't care others? I prefer to spend them for my friends and even to leave them the stinger if for some reason they need it.

Good thing that Heaven's mandate can be smoothly run in 4 men (even 3) so it's easy to avoid cross server.

Unfortunately this bad attitude of community is spreading around like dark Chi...

@majka I was generalizing how the rule has manifested in NA, not you specifically. And the part about not using your items for people who don't care. You're not using the scale for them, you're using the scale for yourself because you choose to run heavens mandate with randoms because you cannot solo it. They are helping you because they help you kill it. If you choose to run with friends that's cool too. What you described is kind of like neutral thinking. You don't want to help others and you don't want to bother them either. It's unfortunate that heavens mandate has to start out with having someone being selfless or trying to bribe people with the 1scale 1stinger rule to even do the run. There really isn't a solution to this design. I'm just really sickk of people yelling at other people for one stinger. I mean as long as they paid 2 gold plus, it's not a big deal. People will be running it for black feathers later. So you have to work together to accumulate your feathers. 

@Shelly Yes, I know you weren't talking specifically about me but mostly in general. Just I wanted to point out that there are different reasons why someone uses the scale, and, of course, one of them is to get a low cost stinger.

Probably you are right, when black feather shop will be available people will be more interested to run it and they'll have own scale. I guess actually most of them are running it for challenge, when it's in list, and for merchant as reward isn't so interesting.

@majka yeah I get it, but in pretty much all my runs no one says they are paying scale for stinger. If you don't say it, the party won't know, so no one had a right to get mad in my parties, but people got mad. It's an invisible rule in other regions because it's a part of being nice kind of like how you aren't supposed let your friends pay for your food even if they offer. If people pay the scale, you don't let them leave empty handed. for Na. It's LITERALLY an invisible rule because no one ever says it. LOL. And yeah. Fingers crossed for when black feathers content is out. 

Ahahah....yes! A real invisible rule...and if it's written somewhere for sure it's in some invisible wall. :D

Have you or someone else any idea what kind of items you can buy with feathers? *dreaming of moonstones* 

The problem is that scales sell for 2.5G each right now. I don't think anyone is kind enough to give 2.5G to a bunch of selfish sods. That's why getting the stinger is a fair compensation for the scale.

@op: Did you make sure that the scale user and person who bid weren't from the same clan? They could have intended to give it to their clan mates.

For those of you who claimed you don't care about the stinger: Are you willing to sell a stinger to the merchant for 1c (without buyback of course) every time someone else uses a scale? Because that's essentially what the scale user did when someone bids on their stinger.

This wouldn't be a problem when scales drop to 10s each...

Archived