DPS UI in KR

finalfantasy7

3 minutes ago, TooNoob said:

Sounds great pls post your skill tree for me ??? I keep losing aggro to my FM friend and he's so pissed because he dies so quickly! xD My ping runs around 300+ whats yours?? 

I feel really sad I rolled this class TBH but i have spent so much time on it, I want to perfect it.

To mention My AP is 40> then my FM friend. but once he put a certain boss on burn and start using his skills, he gets some aggro that is almost impossible to bring back..BECAUSE he will be running all over the place trying not to die and dps. While I go on a wild goose chase. =.=

Yes that idea is even better! top 3 dps only. and doesn't show the lowest dps etc. Could lessen the meanies; boost the elistist's ego without them flaming anyone else..

Are you a FM? If you are i think 400 AP and that kind of crit could easily out damage that HM8.

Sadly.. or luckily... I am a BM. and even so.. I can still outdps that kfm...easy..:D

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Ethria said:

Nope, keep that thing away from this game, the ap/crit/crit dmg/acc is good enough. You'll just feed the morons who were all high and mighty with the "link achievement" bs. So keep it away or you'll make this game dead like you did with Aion. 

I heard some servers you can't see people's AP, why not NCSOFT makes it so that we can't see each other's AP but introduce this DPS meter. It'd be fun to watch people go crazy.

27 minutes ago, TooNoob said:

I heard some servers you can't see people's AP, why not NCSOFT makes it so that we can't see each other's AP but introduce this DPS meter. It'd be fun to watch people go crazy.

I'm with you on that if, and only If, NCWest fixes for real their damn servers! Still majority of us wondering if the EU severs are actually in Germany or on Mars..! 

If developers do not provide a DPS Meter then community will provide one with the consequence it can get you banned, so better work on the right side of it.

I don't see the problem, its an awesome tool that will tell you how good you are doing, in the other hand if you feel like your dps is by far lower than any other party member then you should be a bit more curious about your class and how to efficiently rotate/use your skills in order to maximize the damage, that's all, its not the end of the world.

39 minutes ago, LeyLu said:

I am 400 ap with 50% crit , 200% cdmg and 116 acc. cant post a SS because.. maintenance.. I will come back to this post and put after :).

I am also HM3 and i play for 13 days (so 2 weeks) this character.

Congrats! :3 you are one of those who know how to spend their time with the char! ^^ Some people don't know what they should focus on and then there are those who think that fiend shield is good. Still sometimes I see people using that one in places like Asura or Nexus so compared to that python one is better. And sorry for the confusion since I couldn't see the ss part on the picture I assumed you were meaning the accessories! >_<

12 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Congrats! :3 you are one of those who know how to spend their time with the char! ^^ Some people don't know what they should focus on and then there are those who think that fiend shield is good. Still sometimes I see people using that one in places like Asura or Nexus so compared to that python one is better. And sorry for the confusion since I couldn't see the ss part on the picture I assumed you were meaning the accessories! >_<

It's been really difficult to upgrade stuff since SF patch because everyone thought its an awesome idea to double the price of everything. But I am trying my best.  working on my ring atm for extra acc and cdmg.

imho a personal dps meter to help new players fully understand their class rotation its not a bad idea but if its a dps meter that the whole party can see then we're gonna have more toxic players saying shit again. A lot of people that play this game dont have low ping like others so for example imagine a BD with 550AP outdpsing another bd with 600+AP just because the 550 BD has lower ping, this will just cause more toxic players to say crap and call the 600+AP bd a noob that doesn't know his class just cause a lower AP BD is outdpsing him cause of ping. Also i've met a 550+ Des that stole aggro from a 650+FM and 690+BD cause he has 10ms and knows how to play his class

Look at all this salt man.

The DPS meter will be a fantastic addition and while it's true that it's not necessary, it allows those who care to explore their class deeper. It will not magically spawn more idiots that feel better about themselves insulting your gear/gameplay, those will exist either way. The counterargument summed up is basically "but muh feelings!" when other people call you out on your (alleged) underperformance because now it'll become slightly easier for them to do so. Well, tough luck. This game has and has always had a strong spirit of competitiveness embedded in it; if you can't grow a thicker skin and put up with some group contribution standards then:

A) ignore anything related to DPS meter (block them all), 

B) make your own dungeon lobbies with guild/friends or

C) stick to open world PvE content.

I cannot wait to be able to make those high AP scrubs get off their high horse whenever DPS is brought up. WHICH 99% of the time is only an issue if someone fails boss mechanics anyway.

On 6/11/2016 at 1:29 AM, Nixonld said:

DPS meters are bad, they induce silly shit like people thinking DPS is the reason you cleared a dungeon. A personal one that you can see your own is ok, but if you can't tell in your party who is not pulling their weight, you have a lot more problems than a stupid meter is going to show you. (been there done that, we have enough problems with this community not knowing wtf they are talking about or doing, and do not need anymore hate brought into the game.)

You are a godsend <3

3 hours ago, Demi832 said:

imho a personal dps meter to help new players fully understand their class rotation its not a bad idea but if its a dps meter that the whole party can see then we're gonna have more toxic players saying shit again. A lot of people that play this game dont have low ping like others so for example imagine a BD with 550AP outdpsing another bd with 600+AP just because the 550 BD has lower ping, this will just cause more toxic players to say crap and call the 600+AP bd a noob that doesn't know his class just cause a lower AP BD is outdpsing him cause of ping. Also i've met a 550+ Des that stole aggro from a 650+FM and 690+BD cause he has 10ms and knows how to play his class

Like the fms that use fire explosion :)

If not mistaken Praetor19 , he explained that the meter only shows the 2 top and dps oneself, the skill damage information only you can see in your character, not the other. Even so everyone should be aware that a tank will not have much dps , or someone should do all mechanics , which is what many people still do not understand even in NA .

until we all learn that a high AP is not everything , I think it is not good for the community
Example Yeti , I have made this dungeon party of 400 to 450 , and all knowing the mechanicas not wipe , and other occasions with people about 550 who only care about themselves , and doing dps , which has resulted in wipe

(sorry for my English )

On 6/29/2016 at 4:17 PM, Lunakitty said:

got busy yesterday farming for my next stuff but there, my Screen shot as promised :)

G9Az7Sh.jpg

A dps meter that only showed personal stats and a skill breakdown would be nice.

That being said, more than just personal dps would probably be a bad idea with the current climate of grouping now.  In the current "top tier" dungeons, mechanics, cc, and so on play a big roll. Players that sacrifice dps for traiting the cc's to successfully complete an encounter being called out for low dps on a group meter, would probably happen.

A DPS meter will only ADD to the peer pressure system in place. The only ones that profit from this is NCSoft and Gold Sellers, because bullied players with acceptance fear/issues will give into buying gold so that they can have more AP, so they don't get kicked from Asura.

I once was accepted by a party where all other 5 members had 600+ AP, I was like wow thanks for having me since my AP was 450 and they told me not to worry they would destroy everything.  

This was Shogun's Lament, and I don't need to tell you how it ended...

Point is that players get peer pressured, buy their way to cap level  too fast never learning their classes and Instance mechs. 

Why do you think we more than often see noobs recruiting for Yeti requiring 600+ AP on a 6 member party?  Why deal with instance mechs if you can just buy your gear and plow through everything.

1 minute ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

9/10 people who complain about dps meters are poor performers. 

I second that!

plus elitism exists already... this will change absolutely nothing. I hear non stop crying and moaning about AP... how would this change anything?

please bring dps meter to N/A!

fact: AP is not skill, it can be bought.

I want to improve my rotations, I am kfm and I want to be able to know for certain which rotation is better for certain boss fights and the dps meter will provide this.

It will also provide lots of salt, because it is a 100% certainty there are players in this game with lower ap carrying the so called "pros" aka higher ap people. 

Skill>AP

Ping>AP

DPS meter=Truth

The truth hurts, but I want to know regardless.

p.s. I hate getting carried/refuse to get carried.

4 hours ago, ElectricPotato said:

A dps meter that only showed personal stats and a skill breakdown would be nice.

That being said, more than just personal dps would probably be a bad idea with the current climate of grouping now.  In the current "top tier" dungeons, mechanics, cc, and so on play a big roll. Players that sacrifice dps for traiting the cc's to successfully complete an encounter being called out for low dps on a group meter, would probably happen.

This is basically my thoughts on it as well.  

if its just dps then no we don't need, but if it breaks it down on skills like how wow does, then yes this would be an awesome tool because your can tweak your rotations and play with points to build the best build for your ping making everyone a better player.

for those that just use it to go look at my big epeen dps meter, your a pleb and will always be one

I actually want the DPS meter. 

For one simple reason: The AP elitism will maybe stop. 

Instead of getting 600+ AP recruitments, they'll search for DPS. Which, in my opinion, is better, since now all these baddies with 600+ AP will actually see how much they suck.

The tool it self is great, and here it could help mantain the aggro or lowering dps to not get it, also helping improve your skill rotation.
but

and that is a big BUT

NA communities are toxic by themselves, in all the other games i've played, when a dps meter gets introduced hell breaks upon filthy cassuals and noobs, then no lifersand pay to win roam around their dominions putting down every single living being that doesnt match their godly dps... and then so the once before friendly players that would help eachother understand and carry less fortunate players making the expereience a good time to enjoy and probably the reason why more players woudl like to join play the game on a more daily basis, become the assholes that reject everyone never help and become the reason why players leave their current characters and give no possitive feedback to new ones to keep playing.

And this comes from a guy that has played quiet a few games fora lot of years with good if not great equipment and can keep up with the top dps requirements, but as soon as this tools are implemented and the community becomes toxic i flee asap, cus it becomes unbareable.

If someone designs this tool, please , PLEASE dont make the results public in game, just an individual very very very personal chart  will suffice.

Bottom line: what we need is to be better players, better mentors and overall, better individuals for all this tools to work as intended, to help us, not to break us.

Archived