DPS UI in KR

finalfantasy7

I really really really!! want this because I am absolutely sick and tired of people crying about ap when they have 0 crit, 0 crit dmg and 0 accuracy.  This ap moaning that is been going on in this community needs to stop and this is the easy and shortest way.

Please bring it here!

I3PvvSg.jpg

HOW!!!! a hm8 with these stats even dares to say anything... how????????????

I rest my case.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry azraelkun, but that is solely your opinion. I find it useful, for me and others. I don't care if it just shows my DPS or the DPS of every individual in my group. You get statistics that tell you how efficient you and your party members are. Nothing wrong here. If people start talking shit, be MATURE (this is an adult game..) and ignore them. If you see someone with low DPS, you can give them some insight on how to improve.

Specially new players, who don't read skill guides and want to build one for themselves.

In my case, I'd see how my current FM rotation is doing.

Is my Sin doing more damage spamming LMB+RMB+F (F doesnt register sometimes due to button smashing or lag) or doing it a bit more slowly to always hit F when it is available, but missing some LMB/RMB hits.

All in all, I like to experiment with rotation and build myself with statistics instead of reading a basic guide and just go on with it. Plus, with all these skillchanges, you never know if there is a better rotation.

DPS meter? No, thank you.

You don't need it to make a good party, you need people who know the mechs and theirs roles.

I wish I could have one individual only, because I like to test builds and rotations.

I play for fun, not to keep thinking if I'm the highest DPSas possible, because if I fail once, not people won't invite me anymore.

(One of the reasons I left Aion, even with a high DPS, it was too stressful to me.)

My ping is 250+, and I believe I'm not the only one. Do you want to compare with those with 10?

Individual DPS meter only shown to you would be ok but team wide? NEVER. If one class starts regularly doing lower dps than the others what do you think will happen? No one will want them in the party as they won't be useful in DPS to most of the server's elitists. And yes elitist exist also in low AP so it's BS to call that only 600+ AP players would be the elitists.

2 minutes ago, Cherie said:

DPS meter? No, thank you.

You don't need it to make a good party, you need people who know the mechs and theirs roles.

I wish I could have one individual only, because I like to test builds and rotations.

I play for fun, not to keep thinking if I'm the highest DPSas possible, because if I fail once, not people won't invite me anymore.

(One of the reasons I left Aion, even with a high DPS, it was too stressful to me.)

My ping is 250+, and I believe I'm not the only one. Do you want to compare with those with 10?

this excuse comes pretty damn close to the crappiest excuse some HM 8 dude told me when I asked him why he has python shields. His excuse " i dont have time to farm" wait what?

NOBODY has to put up with you and carry you while you are basically a liability to the party. Play with friends and ask them to carry you instead, dont pug = easy life.

I've played quite a few MMO's and pretty much all of them had dps meters, either 3rd party or inbuilt and everything was alright.

True the community here is pretty toxic, but you meet a lot of nice people too and i tend to stick to those whenever i find some.

For any instance in game atm, 500+ AP is more than enough (with solid cdmg and crit), even 450+ if people know mechanics, so I don't see the trouble in having DPS meter, cause you can easily clear anything with today's gear. Myself i'd love to have DPS meter, cause I'm still not sure if i have better dps with electric or wind focus (BD) with multislash + draw stance. Perhaps they devs could make somekind of limits or just make it personal or w/e, but to disable it completely, don't think that would benefit players.

Just now, LeyLu said:

this excuse comes pretty damn close to the crappiest excuse some HM 8 dude told me when I asked him why he has python shields. His excuse " i dont have time to farm" wait what?

NOBODY has to put up with you and carry you while you are basically a liability to the party. Play with friends and ask them to carry you instead, dont pug = easy life.

The python one actually might be better than infernal one. I still see some 600AP players use those items as some of them give better DPS than those upgradeable ones unless you have extremely high accessories.

4 minutes ago, hattori said:

I dont see any reson why smon would vote NO for PERSONAL dps meters....if u dont need it dont use it....i would welcome them gladly

The issue isnt if its a personal one where you can only see YOUR performance and not from the party.

There is an issue if you see other players performance.

Just now, LeyLu said:

Errmmm what?  you realize python shield is the one that drops in lair and has one of the crappiest stats right? he literately had 30% crit chance. 

tell me who do you think it will do more dps between a 420 ap 50-60% crit, 120 acc, 200+ cdmg vs 500 ap with 30% crit 101 acc and 150% cdmg.

And you do realize that most of the critical comes also from good soul shield parts instead of only from accessories as Oathbreaker accessories gives critical damage instead of critical.

1 minute ago, Lunakitty said:

The python one actually might be better than infernal one. I still see some 600AP players use those items as some of them give better DPS than those upgradeable ones unless you have extremely high accessories.

Errmmm what?  you realize python shield is the one that drops in lair and has one of the crappiest stats right? he literately had 30% crit chance. 

tell me who do you think it will do more dps between a 420 ap 50-60% crit, 120 acc, 200+ cdmg vs 500 ap with 30% crit 101 acc and 150% cdmg.

3 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

And you do realize that most of the critical comes also from good soul shield parts instead of only from accessories as Oathbreaker accessories gives critical damage instead of critical.

exactly my point.. which Python shield offers none! thus one of the main  reasons why he had 30% crit.

Just now, LeyLu said:

exactly my point.. which Python shield offers none! thus one of the main  reasons why he had 30% crit.

Does it matter does the person have python or aw/true Oathbreaker accessories since neither gives critical? I rather take this type of person with me to dungeon IF he knows mechanism rather than someone with good stats but still ends up dead all the time as he knows nothing about his class/dungeon. I would care about those stats in Asura a bit more as it demands it but in Yeti I appreciate more even slight help in damage with added mechanism knowledge.

4 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Does it matter does the person have python or aw/true Oathbreaker accessories since neither gives critical? I rather take this type of person with me to dungeon IF he knows mechanism rather than someone with good stats but still ends up dead all the time as he knows nothing about his class/dungeon. I would care about those stats in Asura a bit more as it demands it but in Yeti I appreciate more even slight help in damage with added mechanism knowledge.

of course it matters when the person actually complains about other peoples AP while having that embarrassing excuse to justify his shortcomings.

mechanics and optimized stats are equally important, plus you dodged my question. who do you think it will dps better between those 2.

3 minutes ago, LeyLu said:

of course it matters when the person actually complains about other peoples AP while having that embarrassing excuse to justify his shortcomings.

mechanics and optimized stats are equally important, plus you dodged my question. who do you think it will dps better between those 2.

Depends on the class also. Shitty stats on certain high dps class can cause them to get aggro. I have seen lower AP players with pretty poor stats stealing my aggro (600+AP BD with decently good stats) because it is quite known BDs have low dps compared to some other classes. And then I have seen 420 AP alt of mine stealing aggro of 650+ AP players when I have the shitty stats of 30-40 % critical. Makes sense?

i know that dps meters that show party dps can be bad, but i am in favor of them. most problems come from pugs, but i have a somewhat fixed party in wich that meter can be an inbvaluable asset to the group performance. i know this game doesn't have the holy trinity, but as an example, in WoW one of the requirements in my guilds raiding group was that the healers should have more HPS than me (i was the tank) and ill tell you that many had to improve theyre gamaplay alot. in pugs, when you saw the tank being 4th dps wise on a 25 man group, you knew how badly peeps were. during lvl 45 cap the 4 blue dungeon were full of bots. everybody complained about them, if they followed you would be diferent?

13 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

one person is talking about soulshield and the other is talking about accesories...

44 minutes ago, amokk said:

Sorry azraelkun, but that is solely your opinion. I find it useful, for me and others. I don't care if it just shows my DPS or the DPS of every individual in my group. You get statistics that tell you how efficient you and your party members are. Nothing wrong here. If people start talking shit, be MATURE (this is an adult game..) and ignore them. If you see someone with low DPS, you can give them some insight on how to improve.

Specially new players, who don't read skill guides and want to build one for themselves.

In my case, I'd see how my current FM rotation is doing.

Is my Sin doing more damage spamming LMB+RMB+F (F doesnt register sometimes due to button smashing or lag) or doing it a bit more slowly to always hit F when it is available, but missing some LMB/RMB hits.

All in all, I like to experiment with rotation and build myself with statistics instead of reading a basic guide and just go on with it. Plus, with all these skillchanges, you never know if there is a better rotation.

I understand u mate.

What i stated is for the ppl that use excuses to be more elitist.

Personaly i will be glad if tool come n i keep outdpsing those elitist.

Im sitting eith true breeze stage 5 i think about 522 ap but i know my rotations as a sin but most important i dont do dung that i dont know so if a high ap person dont know dung he will fail to proper dps .

Something else destro n lbd are last tiers dpsers in dung (sorry des n lbd) so dont u think that they wull have magor problems?

Sorry bad english

12 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Depends on the class also. Shitty stats on certain high dps class can cause them to get aggro. I have seen lower AP players with pretty poor stats stealing my aggro (600+AP BD with decently good stats) because it is quite known BDs have low dps compared to some other classes. And then I have seen 420 AP alt of mine stealing aggro of 650+ AP players when I have the shitty stats of 30-40 % critical. Makes sense?

no it doesnt.. and so what if you get aggro... you do  close range kite mechanic and evade most of the abilities the boss has so what's the problem actually?

And yeah I get aggro from 500-600+ ap constantly because I know how to do a proper skill rotation and how to optimize my char.. which further proves ... AP is not everything..

8 minutes ago, azraelkun said:

I understand u mate.

What i stated is for the ppl that use excuses to be more elitist.

Personaly i will be glad if tool come n i keep outdpsing those elitist.

Im sitting eith true breeze stage 5 i think about 522 ap but i know my rotations as a sin but most important i dont do dung that i dont know so if a high ap person dont know dung he will fail to proper dps .

Something else destro n lbd are last tiers dpsers in dung (sorry des n lbd) so dont u think that they wull have magor problems?

Sorry bad english

I'm a LBD and I can constantly steal aggro from even FM's with 50+ more attack, be it cause their ping is low or they don't know their rotations. I remember one FM with legendary stage 1 i think and he never took aggro from boss in storage.

So no I don't think LBD or Destro would have major problems. Infact dps meter would I think actually help lower AP people with class knowledge, cause today if u're high AP, people think your automatically good dps, when truth can be totally different.

7 minutes ago, LeyLu said:

no it doesnt.. and so what if you get aggro... you do  close range kite mechanic and evade most of the abilities the boss has so what's the problem actually?

And yeah I get aggro from 500-600+ ap constantly because I know how to do a proper skill rotation and how to optimize my char.. which further proves ... AP is not everything..

I never said AP is everything. I simply said you don't necessarily need good gear to achieve decent DPS. Note decent dps, not high but decent enough to finish dungeons in parties. And if the average AP is around 400 or less there is high chance of failing the dungeon sadly due to not enough DPS. And I assume you were the one with less than 400 AP. What were your stats and equips?

10 minutes ago, MCOnyx said:

I'm a LBD and I can constantly steal aggro from even FM's with 50+ more attack, be it cause their ping is low or they don't know their rotations. I remember one FM with legendary stage 1 i think and he never took aggro from boss in storage.

So no I don't think LBD or Destro would have major problems. Infact dps meter would I think actually help lower AP people with class knowledge, cause today if u're high AP, people think your automatically good dps, when truth can be totally different.

Absolutely agreed on your opinion about this, but it is better if the tool shows full info for yourself rather than the whole party. Otherwise just make it top 3 DPS to only be visible for everyone in 6-man or top 2 DPS in 4-man. It is fair for other party members knowing that they're in the bottom 3/2 depends on party size and they can just take that as a note to improve their dps.

9 minutes ago, MCOnyx said:

Ok i meant for example that if  u know lbd perfect n know to play fm perfect with fm u do much more dps.

By any means i didnt meant des lbd are trash but in the dps ladder are below.

8 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I never said AP is everything. I simply said you don't necessarily need good gear to achieve decent DPS. Note decent dps, not high but decent enough to finish dungeons in parties. And if the average AP is around 400 or less there is high chance of failing the dungeon sadly due to not enough DPS. And I assume you were the one with less than 400 AP. What were your stats and equips?

I am 400 ap with 50% crit , 200% cdmg and 116 acc. cant post a SS because.. maintenance.. I will come back to this post and put after :).

I am also HM3 and i play for 13 days (so 2 weeks) this character.

Nope, keep that thing away from this game, the ap/crit/crit dmg/acc is good enough. You'll just feed the morons who were all high and mighty with the "link achievement" bs. So keep it away or you'll make this game dead like you did with Aion. 

6 minutes ago, MCOnyx said:

Sounds great pls post your skill tree for me ??? I keep losing aggro to my FM friend and he's so pissed because he dies so quickly! xD My ping runs around 300+ whats yours?? 

I feel really sad I rolled this class TBH but i have spent so much time on it, I want to perfect it.

To mention My AP is 40> then my FM friend. but once he put a certain boss on burn and start using his skills, he gets some aggro that is almost impossible to bring back..BECAUSE he will be running all over the place trying not to die and dps. While I go on a wild goose chase. =.=

7 minutes ago, Na Ahri said:

Absolutely agreed on your opinion about this, but it is better if the tool shows full info for yourself rather than the whole party. Otherwise just make it top 3 DPS to only be visible for everyone in 6-man or top 2 DPS in 4-man. It is fair for other party members knowing that they're in the bottom 3/2 depends on party size and they can just take that as a note to improve their dps.

Yes that idea is even better! top 3 dps only. and doesn't show the lowest dps etc. Could lessen the meanies; boost the elistist's ego without them flaming anyone else..

8 minutes ago, LeyLu said:

I am 400 ap with 50% crit , 200% cdmg and 116 acc. cant post a SS because.. maintenance.. I will come back to this post and put after :).

I am also HM3 and i play for 13 days (so 2 weeks) this character.

Are you a FM? If you are i think 400 AP and that kind of crit could easily out damage that HM8.

Archived