DPS UI in KR

finalfantasy7

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DPS meters are bad, they induce silly shit like people thinking DPS is the reason you cleared a dungeon. A personal one that you can see your own is ok, but if you can't tell in your party who is not pulling their weight, you have a lot more problems than a stupid meter is going to show you. (been there done that, we have enough problems with this community not knowing wtf they are talking about or doing, and do not need anymore hate brought into the game.)

With the ping problem ,and masive lags in cross server dungeons ,even a 600 AP now won't do much .So i suppose the dps meter would only ruin the teamwork and feed some ego. Indeed the community is way too toxic ,even without such tools.

If it is only a group ranking it's not really relevant. But on those screens is it me or it seems to be skills sorted by % of total dmg ? If it's so, it's positive for me. It helped me a lot in Skyforge to improve my build.

DPS meters are bad, they induce silly shit like people thinking DPS is the reason you cleared a dungeon. 

Dps meter can be good or bad.. depends how much info they show..

One that purely shows dps and no other info, is pretty much worthless..

One with lots of details can be nice.

I use one in WoW to analyse my damage ingame, rather than needing to go to 3th party websites to check logs.

Just now, Shukran said:

dps meter will be bad reguardless if personal or shared.

No it will not.. Dps meters such as "Details!" for WoW, is incredibly usefull.

because bad players will be bad.

Yes, bad players will continue to be bad.. but good players will become better, by having a tool to analyse their damage.

16 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

No it will not.. Dps meters such as "Details!" for WoW, is incredibly usefull.

Yes, bad players will continue to be bad.. but good players will become better, by having a tool to analyse their damage.

so someone will start to "show your dps in some way" elitist starts again.

i agree that good players will be better.

Just now, Shukran said:

so someone will start to "show your dps in some way" elitist starts again.

There won't be a way to link dps, or I don't think so.

So I am not sure what effect this is gonna have.

People will continue to ask for high AP at first, and some will get a real shock when they see the dps.

But I don't know if that would change anything, as we get no other way to evaluate players in lobby. 

AP and other stats, no way to know if they can play.

1 hour ago, JNH said:

If it is only a group ranking it's not really relevant. But on those screens is it me or it seems to be skills sorted by % of total dmg ? If it's so, it's positive for me. It helped me a lot in Skyforge to improve my build.

I hope you are right. If it is a list of your skills and the % damage for each that would be useful.  I would enjoy a tool that shows that type of detail.  

Would be great if it only shows the specific player's stats and not the damage etc of other party members. It would be a good tool to see how you compare to other players of the same class. A metric used to see where you are and what you need to do to improve said damage output would be nice. Could help players all around.

Just don't want a DPS chart showing a damage chart for other party members as it will only further promote an elitist mentality. We need tools to help improve the player skill in the server and to not make it worse by dividing the server even more.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm gonna tell you guys one thing, all here that don't want a dps meter are the ones who like to get carry'ed around, overall it's a good tool, will help improve your dps output, will make people understand that a 600 + AP who doesent know the mechanics will not out dps a 520-550 + AP with knowledge of the mechanics. It will make people understand that DPS in not the only stat that maters. 

Plz ppl stop ur bs.

U dont need a tool to improve ur self or ur dps.

Example:sin knows that with 5 stacks poison do said damage in said skills.

Fm knows burn boost said skills etc.

Everyone knows the conditions to make the best possible damage per skill.

Personaly no problem if dps meter comes or not but stop saying bs about improving one self thanks to dps meter.

Yea, we don't need one, but it's nice to have.

You can make the perfect build/rotation (can differ depending on your ping).

As for myself, I got my hands on a fully geared FM, because a clannie quit. 

I'm still not sure what the perfect rotation is, because I simply don't play it as much as my main, just for SSP.

Should I go with LMB+RMB+2 ? LMB+RMB+F all the time? LMB+2+RMB+2 ?

I know I can read all that crap in a guide, but seeing actual numbers ingame that basically tell you in your face how shit you are, will make you want to get better imho.

Yeah, cuz when shit hits the fan in a dungeon ( boss enrage)  , lowest AP get's blamed like 70 % of the time and maybe they are not the lowest DPS . Also, u can adjust the build and rotation based on ping and  computer performance for ani cancell and other stuff. If this tool comes up it will surely have an option to activate or deactivate it, it's a good addition to the game, if u dont want it, deactivate it, but dont tell them not to put it in the game , that shows that u are afraid u will find out u'r doing it wrong :)( DPS and rotation).   Excuse my english. not my native language.

As long as they dont add an option where the rest of the party can vote a single player out, i dont see any issues with a DPS meter.

Sure some will whine about some people not doing optimal damage and shit like that, but the great thing of F8 is, that you barely ever see the same pricks twice.

Most of the players i end up with doing a dungeon in cross server are friendly or silent all throughout the dungeon, just on a rare occasion i end having 1 or 2 kids in the party that complain or argue about things.

And going for all FM knowing what they need for optimal DPS, i see enough FM's that auto detonate the flame orbs (or w/e they are called) with LMB at 5 stacks, making it pretty hard for those who want to keep burn up with pressing 1 every 4-5 secs.

This is how i see it:

While i do understand ppl wanting to see the dps they do.....

1. If they make it purely individual results (meaning you only see your own performance and not from the rest of the group) i dont mind it being implemented,

2. At the way it is, i am against it because thats just adding fuel to the already toxic players in this game,

Again bs big bs.

First i would like to mentione that i only do ssp with my fm alt n cold storage both my sin n fm and rest of time im in arena.

That being said this tool doesnt affect me at all but i will state my mind.

Again ppl say bs!

Why? Elitism n ego is the answer.

This tool is bs cause for example if me sin sitting in my smoke screen having 5 stacks of poison on said boss n lmb rmb f n keep stucking poison n resetting it then i know for fact that i did the best possible dps my class has to offer with said ap.

So yeah stop bs ppl u already know whats the best rotation with best results the only thing ppl has to do is train on their rotations.

I care less if this tool come or not but reading bs reasons of why its usefull meh

Archived