New player experience in Blackram Narrows

Ciocolici

4 minutes ago, LadyGamerluv said:

So maybe the solution is scaling gear. Because everything is connected. People not making alts because so hard to gear (btw my FM is my reroll I was summoner main with pirate gear 2 months ago and decided to start over on more populated server and now I'm being punished it seems cause I'm hm5 on reroll).

To be honest, I am still speechless that the Hongmoon Accessories are neither account bound, nor going to be. It makes perfect sense to earn most soulshields on the character (so people don't hog it for alts) as well as everything for a class specific weapon. But accessories?

Gear scaling can be done both ways. The SWTOR down-scales high levels depending on the content areas, and bolsters up the low levels, aka BnS does in the arenas AND provides the loot relevant to the actual level.

So, say, we down-bolster the high levels and award the rewards that are relevant to their level even for running BSH or ToE, like adding a stinger or two in the Daily drop for the lvl 50 chars. Nice, yes?

(I saw that Russians did not get an Arena bolster even, I don't want to even ask how they are doing, but lilley they just ignore Arenas like we ignore 6 vs 6)

The system where 50's players have to run low level purple dungeons like 20/36/45 its fine and from time to time is usefull for low players (alt or new players ) getting a less work on dungeons that don't happen each they since we don't have low level dungeon every day on daily challenge this not something that NCSoft should fix , this is something that we as a region should do because always was a problem in cross server ( Leeching , ignoring others , rush boss , etc) the F8 (cross - server) system its working perfectly fine  the only problem is us... we are the one that make it look awful or feel awfull we are the one that leech we are the one that go ahead and don't care about others and we should change that on us first and before go and ask NCSoft to revamp or change  the way cross server work .... They have to power to make a player act nice with low level players or things like asking to change the system gonna punish someone who wanna help a friend in a low dungeon because we can;t act proparly .... cause and effect ... requesting some changes may cause other problems and the change might not feel that good for everyone 

1 hour ago, Despondent said:

It already is worth it for high level players. It's part of the daily challenge.

This is just my opinion. I think just being part of daily challenge is not good enough to make me fight like a level 23 again, if I'm only getting 50 copper and 6 viridian poisons that I have no use of.  

4 hours ago, Yetan said:

This is just my opinion. I think just being part of daily challenge is not good enough to make me fight like a level 23 again, if I'm only getting 50 copper and 6 viridian poisons that I have no use of.  

I've actually forgotten a bit of what they do, but for what I do remember...

There's dailies that basically have you join a random, lower level dungeon.  So, they'd just make a daily that says "Queue for Level 10-20" dungeon.  It would give high level rewards, knock you down in power, but when they did this, I don't recall ever actually feeling weak when running it, so while it may have lowered your effective level, you were still powerful enough, that you weren't going to die.

You also had access to all your skills.

BnS could do something similar.  "Queue for random level 10-20 dungeon"  "Queue for random level 10-30 weapon breakthrough dungeon" "Queue for random level 20-30 dungeon"  etc

Don't get me wrong, some of those dailies even on FFXIV needed the rewards bumped up a bit for some high levels to think it was really worth it, but that generally worked well enough to get high levels queueing for the lower levels.

Of course, in FFXIV you could get all the classes on one character, so you also tended to focus on one character.  :p

This game jsut breeds toxicity, and those people with power you know what they say as far as players and game makers alike right? Absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Just go alone the 2 of you and you help him get his gear, Daily Challegne including these dungeons and the bots only further ruin the game. Daily Challegne needs to be removed form the game entirely.

On 6/10/2016 at 9:13 AM, LadyGamerluv said:

I feel your pain here. It must be a personality thing because I am always inclined to help others. Yesterday blakram supply chain was in daily. I queued and all were lvl 50s hm 8+ except for 1 lvl 46. Everyone skips mobs here, it's essential. I kinda hanged behind with the 46, although didn't know if the player is reroll or new player. I think the person should announce if they are new or not(but that's besides the point).

The lvl 46 died 2 times and I would run back and rez, then the 3rd time I just told the other 4 people to wait cause no one else seemed to care. Luckily they waited at the boss for us, cause the could of been douchebags and killed poh anyway and made us both miss quest. 

My advice tho is not to que for these dungeons when they are on daily challenges because u will always have these people. Seems like the bns among community is majority toxic and I have almost quit a few times because of it.

Also another toxic experience I had doing cold storage. A guy advertised for 500+ cold storage. I am 513ap hm5 FM and the guy kicked me with no warning. Wtf is that. Everyone else in grp was 550+ hm 9 and 10 and I think he kicked me cause of that. That composition was just by random coincidence and I can certainly hold my own there. There was no need to kick when I met the requirements and everyone else was godlike ap

For the best, some post for 550ap and he is only 500ap.

On 6/10/2016 at 8:52 PM, Brand X said:

Still could have just duo'd it with your 48 assassin.  There was never a need for you to try to get anyone else to answer.

Also, while I don't agree with high levels doing what they did :p  Really, if you see a lowbie on the team, kill things so they get through on that low dungeon, don't rush through it and screw them over.  I do have to say, those high levels are only showing up because it's a daily challenge.  It will be different on non daily challenge days.

i agree with this too. had a very bad experience coz the day i went to the narrows happened to be the daily challenge for the lv50s. thats why after i reached lv50 and get the blackram narrows i often ask for lowbies needing to run narrows and carry them while killing the mobs and explaining the mechanics

Archived