Addressing cross-server flaws and issues

Nylisa

i did search by keyword "cross-server" and "cross server" before posting this there are few problems that i think they need to be addressed sooner or later .

1-We enter a dungeon for a daily quest only to see people already got through that part of the dungeon and are already at boss so no quest credit for us .

2-We enter a dungeon for boss kill only to see boss is at 5% or when we reach it and dies before we manage to hit it  ( i enter dungeon and people are like "thanks for the run" and biding on loot already!!!)

3-People who leave as soon as they get their daily quest objectives done .

4-People who leave as soon as we enter the dungeon because its not in the "daily challenge list" and waste everybodies time for a boss that takes 3-5 minute to kill maybe!

5-People who afk at start of dungeons or at bosses "someone is at the door , phone is ringing , i need a drink , i need to pee , my kid is in the oven , blah blah ;) "

6- People who act like a child and stop playing cause nobody listens to how they want to do the dungeon.

And other small problems that doesn't seem to be much but couple of them in same day can ruin the fun and enjoyments of couple hours of playing a game!

For 1 and 2 i think a solution like closing recruitment after 2-3 minutes , or put a 1-2 minute clock on dungeon lobby before allowing people to enter the dungeon , also close recruiting after boss reaches 50% and open again in case of a wipe.

For 3 and 4 i cant think of anything better than a punishment for leaving dungeons , like cutting their access from cross-server lobby for 30 minute or even an hour . but that might not work?

For 5 and 6 , its been asked too many times to add a kick system WITH people voting for it,not just anyone who doesn't like the color of your outfit!

1) you can choose to not join groups that already started, its above the dungeon list
2) same as 1
3) there are daily quests that requires to kill the last boss, not sure why they would leave before a full run, unless they forgot to take the quests for the first part of the dungeon
4) leader just need to send back the party to dungeon lobby (it's in the escape menu) or recruit a random
5) some people just enter the dungeon and let the party do all the work, that's right, but you know, life priorities...
6) seems like a very rare case to me, happens once in one of my run and I play since the beta...

your solution of cutting access won't work, they'll just afk and do something else meanwhile
kick system comes with its own flaws, if you join a group of people and you're the only outsider, you may get kicked just before the last boss. If there's like a 2 mins no kick after battle, then some people will keep fighting to prevent kicks and stuff. 

I don't know, I use lobby most of the time, and do a lot of stuff with randoms. Everything you're complaining about are very rare cases for me.
Are you playing on NA ? maybe it's different there, no idea.

On 6/10/2016 at 5:10 PM, Els said:

1) you can choose to not join groups that already started, its above the dungeon list
2) same as 1
3) there are daily quests that requires to kill the last boss, not sure why they would leave before a full run, unless they forgot to take the quests for the first part of the dungeon
4) leader just need to send back the party to dungeon lobby (it's in the escape menu) or recruit a random
5) some people just enter the dungeon and let the party do all the work, that's right, but you know, life priorities...
6) seems like a very rare case to me, happens once in one of my run and I play since the beta...

your solution of cutting access won't work, they'll just afk and do something else meanwhile
kick system comes with its own flaws, if you join a group of people and you're the only outsider, you may get kicked just before the last boss. If there's like a 2 mins no kick after battle, then some people will keep fighting to prevent kicks and stuff. 

I don't know, I use lobby most of the time, and do a lot of stuff with randoms. Everything you're complaining about are very rare cases for me.
Are you playing on NA ? maybe it's different there, no idea.

hehe first of all im not complaining these are the issues i ran into or seen others talking about it here and there sometimes more than once a day so its not just about me im not selfish enough to make a new post about a matter just for my own problems with a game!

so even if you choose not to join the runs that already started people just rush in ahead while some people are still in loading screen skipping mobs running to last boss,i seen players get stuck behind the wall of fire in different dungeons many times due to that, most of the time new players! for 4th one leaders are no different from others and i never seen anyone do that.

"life priorites" ? if they have other stuff to do that is in priority why are they playing a game while those stuff  is on their hands? and how is it that conveniently many of those people HAVE to "AFK" at exactly the same spots in same dungeons? everybodies phone just calls as soon as trash mobs or boring bosses spawn and their call ends  when they are dead? :p sadly this is a pointless argument , it will never fix by people so devs usually come up with ideas for it

the entire point of cutting access is what you just mentioned force them to afk or do something else , a good punishment to waste their time for doing same to others.

and about the kick system , if people  want to kick you because you are an outsider they wont be looking for random people on lobby or shouting for it on chats!but yeah i get the flaws of a kick system thats why im looking for different solutions not a "your complainings are invalid and doesn't get us anywhere" answers which seems to be the permanent attitude of every answer on every thread in every MMO forum.!

6 - that's so me.

When I run yeti I don't like wiping cause it makes my weapon break so if I manage to get a shitty group that doesn't communicate I rather wait for them to wipe till they listen cause they won't get it done properly anyways. 

Problem 7: you and what you want.

Developers and you shouldn't butt in how players play their game, regarding 3,4,5 and 6. Do you really think that people have to put up with anything in a GAME for your pleasure? Screw that.

That aside, I'd like the ability to kick people in a party because no one likes the idea of 5 people putting up with 1 (insert a very offensive word that refers to a person here).

While at it, add a LFP system that allows for filtering. No one wants a 400-ish AP in Sogun's Lament.

5 hours ago, Alter said:

Problem 7: you and what you want.

Developers and you shouldn't butt in how players play their game, regarding 3,4,5 and 6. Do you really think that people have to put up with anything in a GAME for your pleasure? Screw that.

That aside, I'd like the ability to kick people in a party because no one likes the idea of 5 people putting up with 1 (insert a very offensive word that refers to a person here).

While at it, add a LFP system that allows for filtering. No one wants a 400-ish AP in Sogun's Lament.

why people always find the need of attacking someone else? me and what i want is a prolem? xD cause this is not what i want this is what i see everyday and as a player i think it should be addressed and at the end of the day if its not i cant careless i just avoid doing them plain and simple but its messing up a overall experience for some players and its not just the ones i mentioned!

its not about butting in,players should be able to play their game however they want but that DOES NOT mean they can start bothering others waste their time insult them or other things!

and yes this is a community .  you dont get to join a community and say oh i do whatever i want and screw you if you think differently! its not called "putting up with anything for my pleasure" its called respect its called following the rules of a community . actually people who go through such things are the ones that put up with everything for other's pleasure cause those players  simply decide whatever it is that they want to do is more important than that other person gaming experience and time!

the LFP filter for higher AP is a great idea another thing that i should have mentioned , it stops lobby chat from getting filled with spams and long list of requirements people need also it stops hassle for players who doesn't want low AP's to join their runs!

5 hours ago, MushinKFM said:

6 - that's so me.

When I run yeti I don't like wiping cause it makes my weapon break so if I manage to get a shitty group that doesn't communicate I rather wait for them to wipe till they listen cause they won't get it done properly anyways. 

you have all the rights to do that and leave if they don't communicate , i mostly meant people who just want the dungeon to be done their way . i had this run in BRIGHTSTONE RUINS! where the warlock used soulborn at a wrong time , a ninja started whining about how its a waste of skill and he should use it like blah blah . the warlock refused to listen to him saying "this dungeon is easy will be done in 5 min anyway" ninja went and stood in a corner saying yeah lets see how it is going to be done in 5 min and watched the entire boss fight not to mention he was a HM10 with over 550 AP ^

1, 2: uncheck option to join parties already in progress or w/e above dungeon list

also 1 - I like this for yeti since all we need is the last boss for quest and a lot of parties wipe and break there :')

3: daily quest is usually the last boss (I can't think of any quest that isn't), if they leave that's more drops/gold for you

4: ...or they could be leaving because they pugged into a 380AP necro group. so some people don't want to waste their time, deal with it...?

5: it happens. if this really bothers you then run with people you know.

6: lol I've done that. once was when one person kept starting boss early + killing the rest of pt, I told him if he wanted to solo so badly then he could. usually when someone's being dumb and there's visible results demonstrating that, they'll be more likely to listen.

Archived