AP requirements

Solidarius

The only dungeon you SHOULD discriminate AP is Yeti. That enrage timer is simply way too unreasonable for sub-450's to beat. I just ran it with a party with people ranging from 400 to 480ish and still failed it, even though every single person was familiar with mechanics and we didn't mess up a single mechanic (all ice orbs destroyed, no failed jump CC, etc). We simply cannot kill the monkey in that 6:38 due to not having enough DPS.

No other dungeon has unreasonable enrage timers so everyone should be welcome to join. Of course you're faced with an MMO where the average maturity level is somewhere around the toddler level, so people are content with wasting 10min searching for a party instead of maybe having a 5min slower run.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Melodia said:

The only dungeon you SHOULD discriminate AP is Yeti. That enrage timer is simply way too unreasonable for sub-450's to beat. I just ran it with a party with people ranging from 400 to 480ish and still failed it, even though every single person was familiar with mechanics and we didn't mess up a single mechanic (all ice orbs destroyed, no failed jump CC, etc). We simply cannot kill the monkey in that 6:38 due to not having enough DPS.

No other dungeon has unreasonable enrage timers so everyone should be welcome to join. Of course you're faced with an MMO where the average maturity level is somewhere around the toddler level, so people are content with wasting 10min searching for a party instead of maybe having a 5min slower run.

Funny thing is, he isnt supposed be that hard. Its that buffed HP NA/EU gave him....

1 hour ago, Shukran said:

what about scorpio's aoes?

You can iframe them, but if you have an FM in your party they can save you

5 hours ago, Solidarius said:

Question is Beastbog better than yeti/necro? never even heard of beastbog ss.....

Not in terms of soul shields, no. Stick with Scorpio/Yeti/Labyrinth (eventually full Yeti to better compromise your HP/crit/accuracy needs), then move on to Be Ido and Asura for these (5 Asura parts for its set effects, rest either Be Ido or Yeti for their set effects).

You can get Breeze accessories there, though, which are used to evolve main ones and also work as decent replacements if you haven't evolved them enough yet.

5 hours ago, Solidarius said:

p.s. I am surprised how shorter the lvl 50 dungs are compared to the lvl 45's.  especially yeti and necro , mabey its just my imagination

Oh, Sundered Nexus and Sogun's Lament got your long ass dungeons' 'needs' covered. Former is basically Labyrinth 2.0, but at least it has red pulses leading you straight to bosses, much like other purple Silverfrost dungeons do; while latter is closer to BSH in length, while being the hardest dugeon we currently have.

7 hours ago, Melodia said:

I would say Yeti and Asura are the most gear heavy required instances in the game. Third would be Nexus but all of these instances require knowing mechanics than gear value. Sure, You want people with higher Acccuracy (Asura mainly), Crit, Crit DMG, and Piercing. AP only complements these stats I mentioned but player skill and knowledge/understanding is the most important aspect.

10 hours ago, MistahJayden said:

Funny thing is, he isnt supposed be that hard. Its that buffed HP NA/EU gave him....

You can iframe them, but if you have an FM in your party they can save you

ofc u can iframe, i was pointing at @Melodia

12 hours ago, Melodia said:

low ap means lots of aoe, and scorpio has still low timing to enrage.

• 2 weeks later...
On 16/06/2016 at 8:02 PM, Solidarius said:

thank you for more advice <3, well I am at 430's now and doing daily necro and yeti runs for my soul shields, still using mostly Naryu beacuse been geting bad stats on yeti and necro shields RNG is a  *cricket*

Question is Beastbog better than yeti/necro? never even heard of beastbog ss.....

havent really have a hard time lately, mabey because of the daily challanges and high lvls running necro/yeti, I actully watched a vid on Yeti + practiced it (prob like 5 runs now) and find it easier than the lvl 45 dungs. A high lvl person told me the other day He wished I was in his server, made my day :D

still a grind game ): gona take me foreverrrrrr to pass 450's, well at least it will give me more time to learn all the dungs machncs/ my best rotation for kfm/ mabey practice pvp even though i hate pvp........... so many dam things 2 do in this game lol

as the saying goes practice makes perfect :D

p.s. I am surprised how shorter the lvl 50 dungs are compared to the lvl 45's.  especially yeti and necro , mabey its just my imagination

well beastbog would just be a placeholder what you will really want is yeti soulshield untill u can get decent asura parties for farming asura soulshields

if u want here-s a short resume

full yeti SS

then get asura all pieces except #3 #5 and #7 and go for sundered nexus in there get #3 #5 and #7

Back when I was kicked out of a 4man necro dungeon for only having 596 AP and being 4 pts short of the "room requirements", I thought I had seen it all.

............  but I was wrong.

Just finished a Heaven's Mandate run where the room leader was asking for 630+ AP. Take note the leader was also actively kicking out players who didn't meet the requirement. Best part was that the room leader had a tag along friend who only had 555 AP. I rolled my eyes so hard when I saw it. LMAOOOOOOOOO LAWWWDDD HELP US!!!

59 minutes ago, Rokusan said:

Back when I was kicked out of a 4man necro dungeon for only having 596 AP and being 4 pts short of the "room requirements", I thought I had seen it all.

............  but I was wrong.

Just finished a Heaven's Mandate run where the room leader was asking for 630+ AP. Take note the leader was also actively kicking out players who didn't meet the requirement. Best part was that the room leader had a tag along friend who only had 555 AP. I rolled my eyes so hard when I saw it. LMAOOOOOOOOO LAWWWDDD HELP US!!!

This is just retarded, like the kids on the short yellow bus would laff out loud at this.

People shouldn't be kicked with your AP from any dungeon. I did heaven mandate with me a 525 ap fm a 630 kfm and a 480 BD, only the 3 of us.....

Honestly, the AP/class discrimination is just disgusting. It's just one of the many things that contribute to the infamous NA community, make people think the game is "Pay2win", and cause players to quit the game. In any Asia server no one cares about AP/class, they only care about running the dungeon and completing it.

Higher AP does not necessarily mean better, I've been into several +600 4-man Sogun/Nexus parties and people still wipe. People don't kite stuff that's a gigantic burden to melee, ranged lead the boss around too much and refuse to use their block skill, and just outright refuse to do mechanics. We're at the stage of the game where mechanics can no longer be ignored, and DPS rushing means jack when the next set of dungeons have 60 million HP bosses.

As long as the whole party is doing their job I couldn't care less about AP. I'd rather have a party with minor scratches than a high AP elitist group who just constantly wipes.

On 6/11/2016 at 3:21 AM, Shukran said:

the higher the ap, the less punishing is the dungeon.

i did cold with 420ap players and we got enrage.....

Were you guys even doing the mechanics? I've done it with 4 400-450s and myself as a 550 at the time and we cleared it only because we actually did mechanics.

On 6/10/2016 at 1:00 AM, Solidarius said:

So my question is regarding the difference between 381 AP and 400 AP,

How much is the damage difference  between 19AP? Its really hard to imagine that 19ap if a huge difference but, I am new to the game, so I think I am ignorant in this matter

Is it really that big of a deal?

It is for people that has crappy ping to the server, as shown in this video ...

FYI: Most players in NA/EU are in the 200ms+ ping side of the video.

Blame NCW for upping HP of Yeti for NA BnS while deciding to keep that ridiculously short enrage timer (you have only 6 minutes to kill the boss before instant wipe). You can barely complete Yeti, avoiding ALL one-shot mechanics, do ALL other mechanics perfectly, with a 450AP party. Yes I've actually tested. It's normal people kick sub-400's, because they don't want to waste time and have a 99% chance to wipe. 100% DPS race, which is the absolute stupidest, shallowest and most annoying form of "challenge" a game can impose on players because they lack the creativity to create actual gameplay challenge.

49 minutes ago, Melodia said:

Blame NCW for upping HP of Yeti for NA BnS while deciding to keep that ridiculously short enrage timer (you have only 6 minutes to kill the boss before instant wipe). You can barely complete Yeti, avoiding ALL one-shot mechanics, do ALL other mechanics perfectly, with a 450AP party. Yes I've actually tested. It's normal people kick sub-400's, because they don't want to waste time and have a 99% chance to wipe. 100% DPS race, which is the absolute stupidest, shallowest and most annoying form of "challenge" a game can impose on players because they lack the creativity to create actual gameplay challenge.

and the funny part, i've done yeti on a party with 2 380AP 2 sub 450AP and me and another guy sub 550. AND ALSO when the lvl 50 patch came i still did yeti on sub 450 parties ! yes soem were realy close call with the enrage counting negative numbers but still... ofc that me and my friends had good stats not just bloated AP and no crit rate/dmg

On 16.06.2016 at 1:18 AM, Melodia said:

To be honest the most hardest boss with no room for a mistake is Iruga (Asura dungeon 2nd boss). A single mistake with low accuracy and ap players is a guaranteed wipe.

ive been told that 20ap is like 9% damage increase, but honestly, i just gained 16 Ap and i cant even notice the difference in my numbers. 20 ap cant be that much. mabye like 5%

Today I just ran a Yeti with a PuG.  I decided I'd join one of the "500+ only" groups being banded about.

I was the highest at 512.  The next highest was 500.  Everyone else was less than 500 :p  Got it on the first attempt :)

19 AP is not a huge different. If you take 19 and divided by 400, it's lest than 5% different. However, people who work their ass and farm to get a 600 ap won't bother to carry a lower than 400 ap. People of the same ap range should stick to their range because it's important to fight the boss several time yourself to know the best dps rotation. If for example, you are 400ap and got carry by your 600 ap guild, you farm and then up your weap to 500ap, but i'm sure you won't be holding aggro against a proficient 400 ap who know what is best dps rotaion. The proof is i saw tons of FM who keep using their fire fury and ice fury in their rotation repeatedly  instead of spamming Blazing Beam, tons of BD keep using wind build b/c they didn't spec V and run out of draw stance. Worse, some summoner don't even know how to stack sunflower, which is the damn basic move :<. I noticed these 3 class b/c I played them. I'm not clear about other class but for sure they have their best dps rotation as well. Sometime you'll find yourself wiping CS with a 450+ party because no one know what to do there (3 500AP+ guy attack the boss at the final moment of the fight when he have 5 def buffs, but i saw boss hp going up instead...). So yeah, high AP people would like to no mess around with low AP people, partly because it will sow them down on their daily run, but the important issue is low ap people are trap af, so they wouldn't wanna bet between "helping out new players" and "wipe repeatedly ans wasting time for no reason". I hope you understand and stick to your own people, since that's what I and my friend did. As a bonus: don't you feel like you achieve something when you are the only one survive at last boss and finish him? Don't you feel like you wanna brag when you are the only one dodged all 8 yeti hit? You'll never got chance to enjoy that if you hang around high AP players. They'll just jump the boss like no tmr. Have fun and hope you enjoy the game.

Archived