AP requirements

Solidarius

Q: Do you need to run through the circle, or stay in it till stalactite hits? How do I know that the circle deactivated?

There will b a red circle, the stalactite will fall, then an icy circle shows up with a ball above it (like what u see above yr head when you seed shroud) thats when u should step on it and u will freeze. Also as Sum I try and choose two circles close together so my cat can soak one up as well as me. If  I cant, I guide my cat to her frozen tomb and I step into another. 

I have also tried to kill mushrooms and toss the fire orbs at the icy pools but that can take time

To add.

I can see why some ppl get confused bc there are two types of getting frozen phases.

One is when u are not fast enough to get to the heat buff & u take damage.

The 2nd is the icy pool phase. Each icy pool left unsoaked by a player is an aoe attack the yeti gets.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, LilMsQT said:

I can see why some ppl get confused bc there are two types of getting frozen phases.

One is when u are not fast enough to get to the heat buff & u take damage.

The 2nd is the icy pool phase. Each icy pool left unsoaked by a player is an aoe attack the yeti gets.

Okay, ty. I am pretty sure I will always miss the hear debuff, but I will try to get frozen correctly.

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

No, I have a Summoner, so it is 4+F. Is the 'circles' the same as 'cruxes'? I think it says something like 'absorbed 7 cruxes'? (Not sure why it says cruxes but whatever)

Yes, cruxes and circles are the same thing.

18 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Okay, ty. I am pretty sure I will always miss the hear debuff, but I will try to get frozen correctly.

I don't know summoner's skill, but as fm, when he's jumping for the last time I iframe with Q or E that moves forward so practically I walk over the hot vein getting debuff; except if another fm uses steath in that phase freezing me before to reach it...in this case I become a second yeti :D

Just now, Majka said:

I don't know summoner's skill, but as fm, when he's jumping for the last time I iframe with Q or E that moves forward so practically I walk over the hot vein getting debuff; except if another fm uses steath in that phase freezing me before to reach it...in this case I become a second yeti :D

I have never seen the hot vein, so I don't know what I am supposed to be heading for.

Just now, DomiSotto said:

I have never seen the hot vein, so I don't know what I am supposed to be heading for.

Well...it's right under the Yeti so, after last jump pass thru his legs. Of course, if noone stuns him before the second jump, no hot vein is open; maybe this is the reason why you've never seen it.

21 minutes ago, TheQuibbler said:

Well.. not by it self.. but.. you know.. enrage timers.. are a factor.

Heard of those, never seen one. Never went into a dungeon with them I guess, or nobody on any stream let them occur. I have been in every dungeon Moonwater and below so... And never partied with anyone in those dungeons over about 525 AP so it isnt heavily OP geared people.

The game is al about botting. By that I mean you have to be a robot to react to the mechanical routine the boss uses without resetting that routine on accident. That is why the bots flourish in it, because the game is so easily programmed against as their is no real AI. Minecraft has better mob AI than I have seen in BnS so AP is no factor at all since you can work around it. That Is how I have seen Sogun's duod by a pair of player with only 650 AP, and still no enrage timer. Only at times like that where you are trying to rush through or reduce the interaction in the loot auction does AP matter.

Therein lies the problem of overly competitiveness that BnS breeds and its toxic design and toxic player base which causes the "AP requirement" to exist. You have to compete against other players to progress, rather than compete against the game itself. That is the biggest flaw in the design of BnS.

did 3 naryu last night, learned some of the mechanics of the boss fights, died a few times but at least i learned/got better

working on the ap gem/the soul for more ap

got carried pretty much in lvl 20,35, and still  a bit in lvl 45 dungs so its hard now at lvl 50hm 2 having to catch up.

been watching vid/ reading guides on the dungs,  

thank you everyone for the help, i realised that ap dont really matter much if I dont know what to do during a boss fight, since I am a KFM and my "goal" or duty is 2 tank the boss and keep aggro and not die while the party dps :D

2 hours ago, triplethreat said:

Sorry, I wouldn't let a lvl 50 HM2 with 381 AP in my Lament party. 

yeah I realize that, im not talking about that dung, but think about it if the dung go in order, how do you think the original people who cleared them did them?

the first people who did the new dungs were most likely under geared and had 2 learn everything/ have a hard time(prob a shit ton of wipes) before finally clearing them and most people could solo and duo them calling them easy dungs.

p.s. the guy who asked about my ping, I am in the USA, get prob around 20 to 60 ms in a good day. my graphics were on max lvl, and this was seriously messing up my gameplay, I turned them down to like 3's and 2's and I am doing way better now. *cricket*ing max graphics 2 hardcore lol 

hint 2 all nubs like me= turn down graphics for better gameplay in dungs!

3 hours ago, Majka said:

Well...it's right under the Yeti so, after last jump pass thru his legs. Of course, if noone stuns him before the second jump, no hot vein is open; maybe this is the reason why you've never seen it.

well, somebody cal it geyser some call it hot vein. anyway, when you see the ground cracked in red and steam coming out, you found it.

18 hours ago, Solidarius said:

Hello, I am relatively new player in blade and soul, I got lvl 50 yesterday, at 50HM2 today, So I have been running a few dungs(mostly lvl 45's)

I have been told and kicked from a few of the lvl 50 dungeons saying that I need at least 400ap to enter/ be able to do any good, otherwise I will be worthless.

I understand and I am trying to do my best to reach the "400" or w/e goal for the dungeon that has been set by the community/players.

Please note that I am not a complete scrub nor I am a "Pro".By this  I  mean that I can follow directions/understand my role is boss fights ect...

So my question is regarding the difference between 381 AP and 400 AP,

How much is the damage difference  between 19AP? Its really hard to imagine that 19ap if a huge difference but, I am new to the game, so I think I am ignorant in this matter

Is it really that big of a deal?

well it is but at the same time its not.

let me try to be the most clear possible

a full 400 ap pty will have difficulties at clearing necro and lair of the frozen fang and to be able to clear it u NEED the RIGHT SET UP and everyone needs to know pretty well the mechanics otherwise either time runs out ro everyone ends wiped by the boss

if we talk abt yeti(avalanche den) even worse with double of the starting standar of kr avalanche den hp and same time being at 400ap pty without the right set up will allways end up in wipe due to enrage time.

dont even think trying other purple lv50 DGs with that ap(except for cold storage and heaven's mandate)

now a good startup would be getting 450ap+

here are some things u are probably missing

-true siren+ weap (suposing ure profane atm)

-awake siren acc

-oathbreaker brace(relativelly cheap upgrad for those 10+ extra ap)

-u might be missing on sparkling pentagonal diamond(+25 ap)

-moonwater soul(take this instead of hongmoon energy stage 1 since with ur ap if thats ur first char u probably dont have enough gold) then u can upgrade it later and get hongmoon energy stage 1 wich gives 5+ ap

-get a decent ss set naryu labirynth or necro ss should be possible(use green SSs and fuse them on the ss wich gives extra crit)

with everything i mentioned above u should easilly surpass 450+ at lv50hm2

450ap will not solve ur problem but will let u not have as many problems with other players on lfp and allows u to actually get ur own 450+ pty in the lobby(will take time since most ppl are 500+ already but it should still be possible)

@Majka fm question: someone said fm can cancel yeti ice. Do you know how that works? Cause I think when I was spamming yeti on my bm to get used to the mechanics... during cold phrase, when I messed up on my Iframe I had an fm who canceled yeti ice for me and the others. (I was iced then all of a sudden I could see fm, v skill where you press f to get off the sheath.)

1 hour ago, Netson said:

-moonwater soul(take this instead of hongmoon energy stage 1 since with ur ap if thats ur first char u probably dont have enough gold) then u can upgrade it later and get hongmoon energy stage 1 wich gives 5+ ap

I disagree. When I bought the sword pieces it was a LOT more expensive, but the things needed for the Moonwater soul or whatever were still higher cost unless you could farm them.

It would be cheaper to find the False Edge the lowest you can get it and work for that, then get the Blade and Blade Point and just make the Hongmoon Energy Stage 1. That will mean everything else you farm will be put to use on other gear and you won't be working all the time for just 1 thing. As more people start doing the dungeosn for the Oathbreaker Sword parts, the price will continue to drop as fewer people need them.

This also lets you save your honorary ornaments for crafting or other equipment upgrades.

Naryu Lab is slow to have to do as 1 hour dungeon to get 80 relic pieces for Moonwater Soul and the energy and time spent could be used better elsewhere, and any relic pieces already gotten can be traded for a Naryu Reward Box, or whatever, from that merchant that might give a few better items.

So only if you think you need to grind Naryu SS or outfits, bother with the Moonwater Soul.

I say this still after paying 90g for the broken sword parts, and being someone who only managed an average of 7g per day from quests AND crafting. HME Stage 1 is cheaper by far now than it was when it came out.

43 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

@Majka fm question: someone said fm can cancel yeti ice. Do you know how that works? Cause I think when I was spamming yeti on my bm to get used to the mechanics... during cold phrase, when I messed up on my Iframe I had an fm who canceled yeti ice for me and the others. (I was iced then all of a sudden I could see fm, v skill where you press f to get off the sheath.)

Exactly...Frozen Steath can override yeti ice but not viceversa...the most important thing is that fm must freeze you for the last 3 aoe as the ice lasts for 3 seconds. This saves the party and also lets party not to stop dps.

I think  (op)  your concerns  are valid ..but as you see there are  many more people willing to help you progress than hold you back or try to shame you.

I say keep active and ask in your server for help . We are out there helping someone to progress... helps us  as a community to  progress.

The elite will always have there agenda but  just be a little more vocal ... I feel you will get the help you  need .

This is  what I have  seen on dochun(server) anyways.

I feel a lot of us want to have  fun  and learn  ...but if we do not ask well no knows we need help.

This game regardless of its  flaws  has a great community willing to help and work with you ...despite  some barriers from company  or whoever is shot calling.

I think it will get better... but it might get worse before  it get better.

From the darkness comes light clear out  of a dark  night.............

Seems like everyone  at  the company has a degree in  3 day old dog shit.

we as gamers  though can do better.... we can do better..

ap difference is not the issue.

but u must understand that regardless your lvl and HM, you are low ap.

there are players that spent lot of time to stay on par with requirements.

still every dungeon needs a minimum required to be done, and a mminimum required to do it easy.

usually players choose the ewasy way, hence higher ap requirement than dungeon's.

do LFP or your own party and all be fine.

All instances require a certain level of Crit, Crit DMG, Accuracy, and AP to successfully complete them. Asura (Sogun's Lament being the hardest of them). However, People over-inflate said AP requirements to the point it isn't even funny. They are just being *cricket* about wanting to finish the run ASAP. No other reason when you see these groups spamming for a certain AP mark.

If I was to put an AP requirement up it would look something as follows

• Level 45 instances 380+ AP as long as everyone knows the mechanics
  • Level 50 instances are a bit more tricky so will divide them between 6-man and 4-man.
    • 6-man (excluding Asura) = 420 AP with solid Crit + Crit DMG (these latter two are most important)
    • 6-man Asura  450AP Need 110% Acc minimum with solid Crit + Crit DMG
    • 4-man (excluding Asura) 475 AP with solid Crit + Crit DMG (these latter two are most important)
    • 4-man Asura 500AP Need 118-120% Acc with solid Crit + Crit DMG

However, Even with the AP recommendations I set above you still need to understand the mechanics to be effective. These are just benchmarks to help reduce the chances of a wipe even though said instances most likely won't be a cake walk. Sure, There will be experts who can run the instances with lower AP and such but this should be the party average AP minimum and not necessarily an individual's AP score. You work as a team not solo so everyone must help the rest of the party succeed.

15 hours ago, Netson said:

well it is but at the same time its not.

let me try to be the most clear possible

a full 400 ap pty will have difficulties at clearing necro and lair of the frozen fang and to be able to clear it u NEED the RIGHT SET UP and everyone needs to know pretty well the mechanics otherwise either time runs out ro everyone ends wiped by the boss

if we talk abt yeti(avalanche den) even worse with double of the starting standar of kr avalanche den hp and same time being at 400ap pty without the right set up will allways end up in wipe due to enrage time.

dont even think trying other purple lv50 DGs with that ap(except for cold storage and heaven's mandate)

now a good startup would be getting 450ap+

here are some things u are probably missing

-true siren+ weap (suposing ure profane atm)

-awake siren acc

-oathbreaker brace(relativelly cheap upgrad for those 10+ extra ap)

-u might be missing on sparkling pentagonal diamond(+25 ap)

-get a decent ss set naryu labirynth or necro ss should be possible(use green SSs and fuse them on the ss wich gives extra crit)

with everything i mentioned above u should easilly surpass 450+ at lv50hm2

450ap will not solve ur problem but will let u not have as many problems with other players on lfp and allows u to actually get ur own 450+ pty in the lobby(will take time since most ppl are 500+ already but it should still be possible)

thank you, your advice and others helped a lot... gave me some sort of plan/goal.....I got my +25 AP gem today, I am at 400+ ap now :D. Going to work on upgrading Soul shield, and getting awaken siren accessories for the future.

like i said in another post I got pretty much carried in lvl 20,35,45, dungs so i never learned anything. I am a KFM so i gotta do the tanking that means i really really need to know the mechanics of all the bosses ect. I am not 2 worried about the higher lvl dungs, i understand that just because im lvl 50 does not mean i can do all the dungs yet, gona climb the ladder step by step :P

my original post was so i could understand if 19ap made that much of a difference, and if people were being elite or just wanted experienced players/people so they could run the dungeon faster and without worries. 

I kinda understand there way of thinking, I also dont want to spend 2 hours in one dung, carrying some nub/unexperienced person/potato ect. I would also want experienced and good people so I could do it in 5-10min and continue with my day.

that said if you ask for 500ap for a dung, and you kick someone who has 490 ap.... your being rude, and a *cricket*ing *cricket*.  I think we can all agree on this :D

On 11/06/2016 at 3:37 PM, Solidarius said:

thank you, your advice and others helped a lot... gave me some sort of plan/goal.....I got my +25 AP gem today, I am at 400+ ap now :D. Going to work on upgrading Soul shield, and getting awaken siren accessories for the future.

like i said in another post I got pretty much carried in lvl 20,35,45, dungs so i never learned anything. I am a KFM so i gotta do the tanking that means i really really need to know the mechanics of all the bosses ect. I am not 2 worried about the higher lvl dungs, i understand that just because im lvl 50 does not mean i can do all the dungs yet, gona climb the ladder step by step :P

my original post was so i could understand if 19ap made that much of a difference, and if people were being elite or just wanted experienced players/people so they could run the dungeon faster and without worries. 

I kinda understand there way of thinking, I also dont want to spend 2 hours in one dung, carrying some nub/unexperienced person/potato ect. I would also want experienced and good people so I could do it in 5-10min and continue with my day.

that said if you ask for 500ap for a dung, and you kick someone who has 490 ap.... your being rude, and a *cricket*ing *cricket*.  I think we can all agree on this :D

as the guy said above the said stats help alot crit critdmg acc pierce

if u want to avoid the most possible trouble i would try smthg like 

1- solo u can get beastbog SS(ur best hope since no1 really does plogle) as starter SS kit

2- party u should be able to get a necro pty, kinda hard but possible a full necro SS wil give u good stats and high crit

3- party if u get lucky enough for someone to carry you a yeti SS would do wonders till u can pick a replacement

4- solo (idk how much friendly this can be since this is really hard) infinity tower in mushin tower sparring(challenger is an higher version that drops in 40f onwards) is somewhat amazing u can get a hold of a huge boost of some of most important stats in the pieces #2 #4 and #8 and use all the others u can get as placeholders for wen u can start asura also the 3 set piece bonus is a huge boost on the sparring/challenger(its the only bonus though)

if u get naryu SS as i said be4 as ur first SS i think with some more ap u should be able to atleast get high enough to receive the pouch from infinity tower wich has a chance from pieces 1-4 to drop

On 6/10/2016 at 6:17 PM, Netson said:
18 hours ago, Netson said:

thank you for more advice <3, well I am at 430's now and doing daily necro and yeti runs for my soul shields, still using mostly Naryu beacuse been geting bad stats on yeti and necro shields RNG is a  *cricket*

Question is Beastbog better than yeti/necro? never even heard of beastbog ss.....

havent really have a hard time lately, mabey because of the daily challanges and high lvls running necro/yeti, I actully watched a vid on Yeti + practiced it (prob like 5 runs now) and find it easier than the lvl 45 dungs. A high lvl person told me the other day He wished I was in his server, made my day :D

still a grind game ): gona take me foreverrrrrr to pass 450's, well at least it will give me more time to learn all the dungs machncs/ my best rotation for kfm/ mabey practice pvp even though i hate pvp........... so many dam things 2 do in this game lol

as the saying goes practice makes perfect :D

p.s. I am surprised how shorter the lvl 50 dungs are compared to the lvl 45's.  especially yeti and necro , mabey its just my imagination

Lol whoever is geared and has the ability to keep themselves alive while dishing out dps needs to just carry, specially if they hit the LFP button, dont expect the perfect party. This kind of situation happens a lot on Korean mmos because gearing is just one of the major factors some people just wraps their head around and disregard every other quality. 

Archived