AP requirements

Solidarius

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally annoyed by people just leaving after a party is formed via LFG... and a clan member confirmed he leaves when he sees a 450 AP summoner in Yeti... pfft. Really, please make your own lobby if you want to be picky, this is quite time consuming for all the others. (Yes, my newbness sum can finish yeti without taunting or messing up otherwise).

Plus... I did a test with a random and 450 AP, 44% crit with 185% crit damage, 111% accuracy appears to create more threat than 500 AP with 30% crit and 169% crit dmg, 103% accuracy. At least I had aggro for quite a while on a field boss (no, I didn't huzzah).

Not sure what made the main difference, but you want to pretty much crit all the time.

6 hours ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

and further more people should be looking at more important stats. Like what good is AP if your accuracy and crit sucks?

If you don't have the AP, you are very unlikely to get crit and accuracy.

In fact, the AP is easier to increase before running the dungeons, by paying for the diamond and the soul (25 AP total), but you can only increase the crit and accuracy by running the dungeons and getting the soul-shields.

Unfortunately, most soul-shields are only available via dungeons, so you end up with your BSH shield trying to do anything above BSH, your life is not going be fun, because Naryu Labyrinth is already insanely hard dungeon with a have to have soulshiled. So, with 30 HP and below 40% crit from the BSH shield... not fun.

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

If you don't have the AP, you are very unlikely to get crit and accuracy.

In fact, the AP is easier to increase before running the dungeons, by paying for the diamond and the soul (25 AP total), but you can only increase the crit and accuracy by running the dungeons and getting the soul-shields.

Unfortunately, most soul-shields are only available via dungeons, so you end up with your BSH shield trying to do anything above BSH, your life is not going be fun, because Naryu Labyrinth is already insanely hard dungeon with a have to have soulshiled. So, with 30 HP and below 40% crit from the BSH shield... not fun.

Kinda depends on your class I guess. My Destroyer had 48k hp with full BSH ss.

It depends on the dungeons really, normally 

Yeti dungeons are good for 420+ atleast (?) with some decent crit i'd say. TBH, some 500s retard don't even want to get ice during ice phase causing 6 crux and atleast 2 wipes on the team. then, guess what? Not enough damage so byebye. It is more retarded when I'm the only one alive with 2 DB while everyone is splattered all over the ground.

With that being said, YES I HAVE CLEARED YETI 1 TIME with a full team of 450+ average.

While I sometimes tried multiple damn times with 500s High profile retards. who just keeps DPSing non stop during ice phase. (Then blames it on every one else why they are dead)

Necro can easily be runned with 400 or lesser, i seen people who is 390 and has like nearly full Necro SS. Big deal. just need to work together and some iframes.

BSH and BSC, if u see those 500. They are stupid retard -.- You only need 500+ AP if u want to solo that 2 dungeon.

Naryu Lab, isn't hard. The last boss fight is really about the team being alive, because if u are dead you dont do dps and u cant kill the boss.

if its some dungeon like Sogun Lament or Sundered Nexus. you'll definitely get berated. (enrage timer ftw) 

Everything can be done if you have patience and your reflexes aren't the same as a wooden chair. AP is useless if you die for ignoring mechanics and so on. A dead high AP player is less useful than an alive low AP player.

Unfortunately the elitist players are the one who came from MMO where you have to stand in a place doing the skills rotation and watching all the time at the parser to be sure to be the stronger one in the pt, with the single purpose to show everyone else how cool he is and blame others because they did 2 dps points less than him. It is the sad typical "longer d*ck" pathology that rule the world and ruin everything.

Yesterday i achieved AP 600+ on my main, but honestly i feel better when i play with my 440 AP alt because i feel more of a challenge when i fight a mob. It is harder and it makes me focus more, giving me that excitement a game should give.

I'm not saying that trying to be the super best is a wrong thing, i'm just saying that if you want to play that way, play it, but don't discriminate others because they haven't your same goals. This is an online game where every character has a real person behind, a real person that might just had a bad day and just wanted to relax his mind by playing a fictional game and maybe enjoy a nice chat with a friend or a stranger.
If you don't like that, than you should play just offline games and not ruin the experience to the others.

But the hell i know? I'm just a cricket after all.

8 minutes ago, Onionio said:

Everything can be done if you have patience and your reflexes aren't the same as a wooden chair. AP is useless if you die for ignoring mechanics and so on. A dead high AP player is less useful than an alive low AP player.

By now I've read the guide on Yeti 2 times, and I still don't understand what I am supposed to do :( It's a long shot from the 'don't stand in stupid & move her and there when this and that happens." I've never once saw any tank thrown with everyone stacking on him or the geyser of some sort to get a debuff. I saw the stalactites falling, but I assumed they were the 'don't stand in stupid' sort of thing.

The whole I-framing in this game is driving me to distraction. I can only get it by chance, never by design. It's just crazy.

lol. I was on my summoner alt, 527 AP/4.1k crit/1.2k CD (plus I have my hongmoon pellet/book/zen bean skills) and I was getting kicked repeatedly from a Lair 4 on auto-LFP. When Silverfrost launched, people were running Lair/Necro 4 successfully at 480+.

There's no limit to the AP plebs.

11 hours ago, Solidarius said:

Hello, I am relatively new player in blade and soul, I got lvl 50 yesterday, at 50HM2 today, So I have been running a few dungs(mostly lvl 45's)

I have been told and kicked from a few of the lvl 50 dungeons saying that I need at least 400ap to enter/ be able to do any good, otherwise I will be worthless.

I understand and I am trying to do my best to reach the "400" or w/e goal for the dungeon that has been set by the community/players.

Please note that I am not a complete scrub nor I am a "Pro".By this  I  mean that I can follow directions/understand my role is boss fights ect...

So my question is regarding the difference between 381 AP and 400 AP,

How much is the damage difference  between 19AP? Its really hard to imagine that 19ap if a huge difference but, I am new to the game, so I think I am ignorant in this matter

Is it really that big of a deal?

Ill give you fast tip how to increase your AP..... First got to oathbreaker wep,  then 25 AP diamond, then HM soul 1 ...... at 381 ap lvl 50 best you can farm is FRozen Fang daily and Awakened necropolis and best at this moment to money gain for low levels is Zwawei ruins (thats new 24 man dungeon) cose drops 3 stingers  and you can do it all day even solo.

9 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

By now I've read the guide on Yeti 2 times, and I still don't understand what I am supposed to do :( It's a long shot from the 'don't stand in stupid & move her and there when this and that happens." I've never once saw any tank thrown with everyone stacking on him or the geyser of some sort to get a debuff. I saw the stalactites falling, but I assumed they were the 'don't stand in stupid' sort of thing.

The whole I-framing in this game is driving me to distraction. I can only get it by chance, never by design. It's just crazy.

Yeti mechanich is quite linear and simple. During heat phase tank can decide to be grabbed and after thrown wait for other to get debuff or, what I prefer, stunning yeti before he does the second jump when the 2 white bars became black. After his last jump an hot vein is open and you can get debuff.

On cold phase after you have iframed the 2 aoe circles appear. If there is a good fm you can continue dpsing forgetting circles. I can also deal all 8 circles with Frost Armor and Forst Steath. If not fm in party generally you must at least eliminate some circles as there aren't other classes who can deal all circles. You can eliminate them or passing on them or using balls dropped by plants. But in these case it's better to stop dps to avoid he does his aoe.

You really don't need the AP that a lot of players are demanding that you have. I have done lots of instances where many of players out there would have wanted too kick these players for having low AP but we really didn't have much of a problem in clearing the instance. The only thing I think you really need to do is checkout Youtube for a vid about the instance you want too do so you have an idea of what too expect.

What I find is the biggest problem in doing any instance is the morons who rushes past a pile of the mobs leaving players who are doing these instances for better shieds to defend for them self or who pulls a boss before everyone one is ready. Sure you might wipe on a boss with a few low AP peeps in your group but it isn't always their fault and too those aholes that demand peeps with 50-100 more AP then is really needed is spending a few extra mins in an instances really going too kill you and then how do you expect new players to be able too upgrade if you keep excluding them from an instance.

2 minutes ago, Majka said:

Yeti mechanich is quite linear and simple. During heat phase tank can decide to be grabbed and after thrown wait for other to get debuff or, what I prefer, stunning yeti before he does the second jump when the 2 white bars became black. After his last jump an hot vein is open and you can get debuff.

On cold phase after you have iframed the 2 aoe circles appear. If there is a good fm you can continue dpsing forgetting circles. I can also deal all 8 circles with Frost Armor and Forst Steath. If not fm in party generally you must at least eliminate some circles as there aren't other classes who can deal all circles. You can eliminate them or passing on them or using balls dropped by plants. But in these case it's better to stop dps to avoid he does his aoe.

Yes, that's what the guide says, and I have no idea what it's talking about. I am sorry, I just do not understand what has to be done and when, and do not see what is going on. All I know is that the character freezes, then everything goes white and the character dies.

Yeti-Guide

Watch it, then try it, maybe watch it again. I know it's easy to say it's easy after 180 runs but it's not that complicated. One Thing: He says "knockdown the yeti", but you can also double stun or double daze him, it doesn't matter.

About the topic: No, you don't need high ap to do the dungeons but I personally search for at least 500 (or 550 for asura/nexus) ap for the lv. 50 purple dungeons (4 man). I have 629 ap by myself and I can, for example, bring yeti down to under 50% alone so it doesn't really matter how strong or weak the others are but 1. I don't wanna carry everyone and 2. you will get too often stupid people if you take everyone with you. I would ap replace with brain/skill but that doesn't work so we have to deal with ap.

If you pretty good I'd skip Labrinth Soul Shield, and instead farm some Scorpio SS from Awaken Necropolis, might even get Merchant of Wonder while you at it for some sweet swag, also if you can get your Bracelet to Awaken Oathbreaker 10, and your Necklace/Earring/Ring/Belt to Awaken Siren 10, should increase your AP and other stats a fair bit.

33 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Yes, that's what the guide says, and I have no idea what it's talking about. I am sorry, I just do not understand what has to be done and when, and do not see what is going on. All I know is that the character freezes, then everything goes white and the character dies.

The character freezes because of Yeti aoe but it can be avoided if you are get some aoe protection like fm steath. Are you maining an FM? If so you must pay attention on message that tells how many circles yeti absorbed. When it appears wait for 2/3 seconds then use forst armor. He does a not damaging aoe every second that freezes al party. When last 3 are left unfrost yourself and use Frost Steath that lasts 3 seconds...so all party is freezed by your buff and it's safe. For example if he absorbed 8 circles wait for 5 aoe in frost armor and then for last 3 unfrost and use steath.

To be on topic: if you know what to do all 45 dungeons, in particular 6 men,  they can be completed with 400 AP or even less. Of course you need more time but you can do that. Before people became crazy for AP I'll recruit in cross server chat asking for 470+ AP for 50 purple dungeons and everything was fine. Of course if someone had 450 AP I let her/him to stay. Now if you don't ask for at least 550 AP nobody joins.

25 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

the stalactite circles?

Yes step in one of them and when you unfreeze use ressist dmg skill when Yeti jump , all of party must step in 1 circle so maximum 1 or 2 circles are absorbed (more circles absorbed equal more freeze waves) . There is also mechanic with mushrooms, you destroy them and pick fire bombs that can be thrown to ice circles for same reason.

4 minutes ago, Majka said:

The character freezes because of Yeti aoe but it can be avoided if you are get some aoe protection like fm steath. Are you maining an FM? If so you must pay attention on message that tells how many circles yeti absorbed. When it appears wait for 2/3 seconds then use forst armor. He does a not damaging aoe every second that freezes al party. When last 3 are left unfrost yourself and use Frost Steath that lasts 3 seconds...so all party is freezed by your buff and it's safe. For example if he absorbed 8 circles wait for 5 aoe in frost armor and then for last 3 unfrost and use steath.

No, I have a Summoner, so it is 4+F. Is the 'circles' the same as 'cruxes'? I think it says something like 'absorbed 7 cruxes'? (Not sure why it says cruxes but whatever)

4 minutes ago, equinukes said:

Yes step in one of them and when you unfreeze use ressist dmg skill when Yeti jump , all of party must step in 1 circle so maximum 1 or 2 circles are absorbed (more circles absorbed equal more freeze waves) . There is also mechanic with mushrooms, you destroy them and pick fire bombs that can be thrown to ice circles for same reason.

Do you need to run through the circle, or stay in it till stalactite hits? How do I know that the circle deactivated?

when you step in, you get frozen(deactivated), after unfrozen, step into another if there is. if every one doing the same, it should be fast.

these ice circles that frozen you is the key. most party wiped because every one try to avoid frozen but you have to get rid of the circles else when Yeti absorb these ices, doesnt matter how much is your HP and ap , you will be wiped.

kill the mushroom and get the fire to eliminate the ice circle may take longer so step in is faster.

2 minutes ago, Passel said:

when you step in, you get frozen(deactivated), after unfrozen, step into another if there is. if every one doing the same, it should be fast.

these ice circles that frozen you is the key. most party wiped because every one try to avoid frozen but you have to get rid of the circles else when Yeti absorb these ices, doesnt matter how much is your HP and ap , you will be wiped.

kill the mushroom and get the fire to eliminate the ice circle may take longer so step in is faster.

Also, if you  position your self properly, you can take out 2 in one shot.  Just aim between two of them, or step in where they intersect. 

Archived