The game needs to be changed.

Trio

50 minutes ago, Cor said:

Go play lineage2 or something like that, bns has the easiest gear progression i have ever seen.

May I suggest that you try SWTOR for comparison purposes, so you can see something from a Western developer that fills the game with actual high-quality content that is intended to entertain, not to slave-drive for no particular reason than to create a time-sink for the incredibly idle.

On 6/9/2016 at 3:49 PM, Trio said:

So I'm one of the people who has loved this game since before I can remember I would count the days before it would be released then spend all my days/nights playing it, as I loved the game way too much I ignored the direction the game was taking and the comments people were making about it, the majority of people leaving. However, I can finally understand why the hype has completely died as I tried to explain to so many friends why they should play Blade and Soul after explaining it to them I finally saw it right in-front of how as to how grindy and quickly to burn you out this game is: 

-] The overall leveling is perfect and I would not change anything about it however when hongmoon levels  are added into the equation that becomes harder to accept, as I tried explaining to my friends after you cap you will have hongmoon levels where you will spend most of your day completing 40 quests only to get a very tiny percentage increase and these levels are crucial to stat and skill building.

-] The gear progression system is one of the worst I have ever seen throughout MMOs, at the beginning it didnt bother me at all during the 45 cap as they were very reasonable however as we came into the silverfrost stage you are required for hundreds and hundreds of mats to progress to the next stage only to repeat the same process yet again and farm those hundreds of mats (stingers/moonstones/flowers etc)

-] Hongmoon energy- to be able to get from stage 1-5 you will need  183 ornaments, 92 evolved stone, 4 premium stones and 55g  (total) : 5331 Gold 

-] Pet system- I was very exciting when I heard about the release of pets only to release yet again it is something else you are required to enhance up to stage 10 which means 25 stones are required 

-] Gems- In order to obtain the best gems in the game you will 1) spend your life doing blackwyrm to be able to buy 1 gem at a time at 1000 essences 2) spend money to try your luck at getting them from the store rng boxes 3) try your luck and open rng pouches for diamonds or buy them at 400g

-] Alts - If you are someone who loves to try new things and not stick to one character this is not the game for you, as you will have to start completely from scratch in order to fully gear up that character as well which in any game I would say is completely fair and would make alot of sense however, in blade and soul it means you are wasting another year of your life. I would love to be able to play alts but given the expenses it would require I simply cannot afford it if I wish to someday get to ledendary

-] Legendary weapons- I'm not going to go into a lot of details on this as I dont have all the details and im not sure If i am fully correct with the materials however from what I have heard the main problems people will face when attempting to go for a legendary would be the 10 premium silverfrost stones as these along with 35 regular stones, 560 stingers ? and 250 moonstones? bring the price to 7018 gold

-]Crafting- I love the crafting in this game as in the early on it required you to go out and find the materials, however now you are required to wait 12 hours to craft one item and then 24 hours to craft something else using that other item you previously crafted. This took the fun completely out of crafting as when you are crafting lets say stones you will not be able to use them for atleast 1.5 days which is absurd. 

-] Hongmoon skills- To me this has been one of the things that bothered me from the very beginning as to be able to obtain my hongmoon skills first I had to join a clan, then the following one required me to do dailies everyday until I got 300 reclaimed pages (which you are limited to how many you can get a day which means you must spam it everyday to get it) and now you need to buy a stone from a vendor in cold storage for 120 stones ( encourages purchase of resets) and combine it with another stone you can only get from Asura 4man (which you will struggle to do without getting your gear up) or buy it at the market for 500-600gold

I completely understand that NC cannot directly change anything regarding any of this as they are simply following other versions of the game but I am simply saying the game cannot go on this way people are getting too burnt out and I love this game too much to quit however, I feel like im reaching my limit lately. I cannot convince any of my friends to play this when they hear about any of this.

Ways to change:

-] Allow us to transfer hongmoon Rings/Necklace/Earing/bracelet/Belt between characters of the same account this will not harm the income of the company as more people will be inclined to actually be able to make alts without needing to completely restart other than weapon/soul and soulshields which is completely fair

-] Hold events or just flat out increase the drop rate significantly. I am aware of the recent "increase" of drops of stingers however if they were actually increased at all they were not increased to make any significant difference. I'm not trying to offend anyone or speak poorly of the company however the trove event and the Nebula stones were not put in to assist us with progressing further that was a cash ploy and a very good one but In the end it did not lower the market prices it ironically pushed them up (not including ornaments and soulstones for a short period of time) 

-] Change the way hongmoon levels are, currently lvling up your hongmoon levels is more of a job than an actually level up as you will spend most of your day getting your 40 dailies done for a few % and you're supposed to do this until you max out which is just awful.

-] Hongmoon skills should not be that much of a grind to obtain 

I know the majority of the comments are going to be along the lines of

- You dont need a legendary

- You dont need the best gems

- You dont need a pet

and so on although you are right to a degree you do not need those things to enjoy the game however, when you are trying to actually level up and farm and do dungeons actively you will face alot of different problems regarding not having enough AP for instance and not being allowed to join dungeons or in cases like infinity or battleground your stats are too low to benefit anyone.

I'm not saying I want to cap in a day and be fully maxed out on that same day I'm just saying I wish I could play a game where I can actually enjoy that game without the constant fear of being left behind in gears/AP/ skills and have everyone around me quitting as they are just simply tired of the burn out.

tl;dr:

u must read it all :c

also sorry how messy it is :c I got tired after typing it all up to fix it 

1. The gear: as of right now, True Breeze or True Scorpio weapon and True Siren/Awaken Oath accessories should be good enough for you to do all purple dungeons.

2. The crafting: I like it. Why, I don't have to leave my computer on just to do crafting or level up the crafting like in other games or have to let my character standing there to craft wasting the precious time that I could use to go farm for golds. One click of a button, and I am off to farm other material for upgrade or earn more money. I don't understand why people complain about it.

3. Pet: it's an option + you don't need to level it up to stage 10. Again, you don't need pet. There is nothing to complain. If you don't need it, don't buy it. It should not be on the list of complain. They choose to sell it, players choose whether or not to buy it.

4. Gems: You do know that you can transmute all gems right? I am not talking about the hardcore flawless one even though it can be transmute at well but that requires a lot of rare mats. I am just talking about the regular Brilliant and Sparkling. You don't have to spend any real money for this if you don't need the Flawless. You either craft it with Radiant Ring, buy it off market, or transmute it. Find a friend or a clan mate who is radiant ring or pick up Radiant Ring yourself if you want to make AP diamond. I am a radiant ring and I have gotten good amount of AP diamonds.

5. Alts: I have alts. I literally have 1 for each class and I am slowly and gradually leveling each one of them. My suggest, if you feel like the mats for your alts are overwhelmed, use your main to farm mats and send them to your alts. I have a main summoner, a lv50HM6 FM alt, and right now, I am leveling a warlock which is close to 40 now. FM and my Summoner are my golds and material farmers for alts. Once the warlock is 50 and able to run all lv50 purple dungeon, I will add it to the list of gold raking toon and go level my KFM. Again, all my current char are not past True Siren/Awaken Oath accessories nor True Breeze weapon.

6. HM Energy: if you already have HM Energy stage 1, you are good to go. There is no need to upgrade that thing. Not right now. So, no complain here for me.

7. Legendary weapon: back to my #1, you don't need it right now. At the same time, it's call "legendary" for a reason. It can not be obtain easily unless you want to buy NCoin and haul ass the gold via exchange market to support your needs.

Overall, my biggest feeling about your post is that you are seem to be one of those that really want to get to the 600--700 AP bandwagon and ended up feeling overwhelmed with all of the mats criteria. My advice: don't get peer pressure into it. Current contents can be clear with under 600 AP. Heck, 550 AP is the sweet spot right now granted you have a good group who know boss mechanic to farm dungeons. There is no need to hurry yourself. If everything was too easy to get, it would get bored quickly.

You know what's the worst part about all of this? One of the major selling points of this game is that it wasn't a grind. 

Now look where we're at, grinding. Unacceptable. I would love for NCsoft to steer clear of the grind before it gets any worse.

5 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

We always do the tent boss on top of the tent. Ranged and melee. People actually specialize in pulling just the main boss on top of the tent on my server, both Crimson and Ceru, though Crimson usually just swaps channels to make a synchronized uninterrupted mining cycle go on and on instead of a tent boss, if you mean Yachun/Hemu. Everyone starts with flying to the top of the tent and waiting there for the boss to be brought up. It's when someone corners it in the flaps of the tent on the ground when it gets hard. It does not really disadvantage the melee. I mean, if there is one thing on SSP that is easy to get credit on, it's the tent boss.

As for the ranged woes, well, with a Warlock the ONLY elites I can kill for the quest are the guys in the middle during the battle. All others reset and restore to full health. It's annoying.

oh no, huek was dead lol. they were pulling the quest mobs for the mining phase as they spawned and getting them "stuck" by the tent so ranged could get credit without being in range of anything. it was the worst thing i have ever seen in that zone. faction chat was bitching hardcore about it.

im aware the tent is a valid strategy for that quest.

im pretty sure you only can get credit from the ones that spawn during mining phase. the other ones are just there the grab you and mess you up with no escape option if you cant manage to iframe the pull 3 hit your dead combo thing with the lag in that zone.

the not getting credit thing has alot to do with the mobs dont have enough hp for everyone participating to get credit. the zones cap is to high. another solution would be to tone down the ardent mobs a bit and scale health depending on how many people are in the area when it spawns.

other games seem to get this stuff right while this game just falls flat on its face when i comes to making sure everybody participating can get credit.

i dont see why the zone has a dragon thing for forming groups seeing grouping does nothing for you really except if someone manages to get that one quest item to drop. perhaps the groups efforts should be shared to encourage it.  

those ardent mobs though, people say they aoe every 20 seconds.... hell no that crap can be super random. and the smaller yellow aoes that are just as fast as the big red ones can take me for 55k hp to 20k and they like to do the big one right after alot too. with brings me down to like 9k. i love when i dash in and eat my entire healthbar down within 2 seconds, then i get to sit for a min and watch the mob die like 15 seconds later. its pretty dumb concidering. 

2 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

I would love for NCsoft to steer clear of the grind before it gets any worse.

They wont change anything to help the players unless it also lines Omeed's pockets with money, that was basically his answer in the June 9th roadmap livestream.

"We will do what the players want done to make the game better, as long as it doesn't cause us a lot of work to do it."

They jsut want free money for using someone else's intellectual property that they happen to have a license for in this region.

2 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

One of the major selling points of this game is that it wasn't a grind.

I wonder where you got THAT from... I mean, it's a Korean MMO. Every single one of such games should be expected to be grindy. It's what they're infamous for.

Not saying I like that, but there's such a thing as false hopes and expectations.

3 hours ago, Vau said:

i dont see why the zone has a dragon thing for forming groups seeing grouping does nothing for you really except if someone manages to get that one quest item to drop. perhaps the groups efforts should be shared to encourage it. 

Gotcha, and groups help 'cause buffs. My pathetic level 48 warlock was getting invites since folks were after his soul burn. I know, I too thought it was his handsome face.

15 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Gotcha, and groups help 'cause buffs. My pathetic level 48 warlock was getting invites since folks were after his soul burn. I know, I too thought it was his handsome face.

im an assassin, most of the time if im grouped im the only one buffing lol. so its not helping me much. wouldent mind a lock for that credit insurance though. i guess thats what i am to the people who do group with me lol.

Isn't this just how MMo's are? Or is it just the asian ones? Ppl often mention Lol or WoW or now overwatch. I've never played any of those because they didn't interest me from a character point of view. I guess I'm more of a visual consumer rather than a gamer. What do those offer that bns doesn't? (Or tera, forgot about that) I see alot of western (self-identified) players complain about core aspects of bns (grind/gear/pvp I guess) but ... its always been like that? Most players from asian versions of bns wanted a western release for ping/language reasons. They didn't come in expecting that the NA developers would somehow magically make this MMO gamer friendly. Its a grind MMO :/ with flashy bits. 

2 hours ago, Shadzar said:

They wont change anything to help the players unless it also lines Omeed's pockets with money, that was basically his answer in the June 9th roadmap livestream.

"We will do what the players want done to make the game better, as long as it doesn't cause us a lot of work to do it."

They jsut want free money for using someone else's intellectual property that they happen to have a license for in this region.

5 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

its not only the game that needs to change.. the mentality of this community needs to step up aloot .. if we gonna have good times together, its not only ncsoft that needs to step up the players who play this game needs it too.

are you from the dojo? the disparity between players on this forum and the dojo is hilarious to me

I am giessing since whomever replied to me with a video, they must be 13 and unable to articulate their opinion using words. The game is rated M for mature, no matter what the forums are rated, so until you meet the requirements for the game, you may not want to play the game, or participate in its forums.

When you are 18 at least, old enough to play the game, then come back to respond to me after you have learned to use words, rather than some immature attempt at commentary which EVERY video response to something on a non-video distribution website is.

29 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

its not only the game that needs to change.. the mentality of this community needs to step up aloot

The gamers won't change until they are forced to by a change in the game. It is designed in every aspect to be overcompetitive, because that is what Korea teaches heavy compitition, no life everything. It is core of their education system and schools to try to rush and cram everything in. It works for them, good. But for games published to the West, it don't fly. We have a LOT more games to choose from, and the newer games have already made BnS fall to the back burner for many and IF they want to get back any hope for this outdated game in 2016 when it was released to new regions, they are going to have to do something to compete with 4 years worth of games produced and released on Steam, for Playstation, Wii, NDS, Xbox, as well as coming games and recently released ones. Sadly Bns is falling behind in outdated technology, outdated graphics, outdated game engine, outdated playstyle... They got to GIVE people a reason to want to play rather than FORCE some grind jsut to keep people around, because the grind came TOO FSAT.

When the game is relaxed so people CAN play without having to run afoul of the community toxic meta, such as lowering the Health back to reasonable levels, and putting drops BACK in the game that were removed to cause the "Gem hammer fiasco", then they might get some player appreciation and MORE people willing to stick around to play, pay for alt slots, etc.

They have just done too much damage for many and only the toxic element remains because they have enough money to throw into BNS they don't get banned, kicked, suspended for toxic behavior like games like League of Legends do to try to allow the community to have DECENT people to play with.

It was bad gameplay brought by upstarts that played other versions, and have propogated that playstyles into NA/EU, and then they left. For example: iGodrikTV promoting the toxic playstyle AND was sponsored by NCSoft.

They game has to change to remove the damage done by him and his ilk, and also to to, as Nico Coutant put it "not make the players feel pressured into rushing".

Well it is time for Nico to put his money where his mouth is and CHANGE the game so people do NOT feel pressured into rushing, and LET THEM PROGRESS in the game without jumping through hoops in his wallet.

7 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

I am giessing since whomever replied to me with a video, they must be 13 and unable to articulate their opinion using words. The game is rated M for mature, no matter what the forums are rated, so until you meet the requirements for the game, you may not want to play the game, or participate in its forums.

When you are 18 at least, old enough to play the game, then come back to respond to me after you have learned to use words, rather than some immature attempt at commentary which EVERY video response to something on a non-video distribution website is.

The gamers won't change until they are forced to by a change in the game. It is designed in every aspect to be overcompetitive, because that is what Korea teaches heavy compitition, no life everything. It is core of their education system and schools to try to rush and cram everything in. It works for them, good. But for games published to the West, it don't fly. We have a LOT more games to choose from, and the newer games have already made BnS fall to the back burner for many and IF they want to get back any hope for this outdated game in 2016 when it was released to new regions, they are going to have to do something to compete with 4 years worth of games produced and released on Steam, for Playstation, Wii, NDS, Xbox, as well as coming games and recently released ones. Sadly Bns is falling behind in outdated technology, outdated graphics, outdated game engine, outdated playstyle... They got to GIVE people a reason to want to play rather than FORCE some grind jsut to keep people around, because the grind came TOO FSAT.

When the game is relaxed so people CAN play without having to run afoul of the community toxic meta, such as lowering the Health back to reasonable levels, and putting drops BACK in the game that were removed to cause the "Gem hammer fiasco", then they might get some player appreciation and MORE people willing to stick around to play, pay for alt slots, etc.

They have just done too much damage for many and only the toxic element remains because they have enough money to throw into BNS they don't get banned, kicked, suspended for toxic behavior like games like League of Legends do to try to allow the community to have DECENT people to play with.

It was bad gameplay brought by upstarts that played other versions, and have propogated that playstyles into NA/EU, and then they left. For example: iGodrikTV promoting the toxic playstyle AND was sponsored by NCSoft.

They game has to change to remove the damage done by him and his ilk, and also to to, as Nico Coutant put it "not make the players feel pressured into rushing".

Well it is time for Nico to put his money where his mouth is and CHANGE the game so people do NOT feel pressured into rushing, and LET THEM PROGRESS in the game without jumping through hoops in his wallet.

not sure if im gonna bother answer that wall of text, cause this is your arugment that people cant play this game cause they need open their wallet to get on people who dedicate like 10-12h/ day and people who can only play for 1-2 hour a day are supposed to be on their level of gear? sounds good with that logic, i hope someday you will be a game dev, cause i sure as hell wont play ur game at all.

and for the record, why do you keep writing here on the forum when its so bad game design and you havent played or logged into the game for 1 month? you just wanna waste your time on forum and write more negative things about blade and soul? 

Maybe you should have read it to be able to understand you responded in no way to what I said. The post is there, this isn't twitter with a 140 character limit, so there is PLENTY of room to write well thought out analysis of things. You choose to read them or not, but if you don't read it, you cannot hope to comment correctly.

But is you have a reading disorder, let me give you the short version.

The game is designed poorly to force competitiveness in a false "party" mechanic, and these 2 diametrically opposed styles of play lead to people being disgruntled about it, and promotes toxicity because of the overcompetitive nature of the mechanics built within the game.

Players wont change playstyle, until the game mechanics force players to change playstyle, and Korean devs have NO intention of changing their game for dirty capitalist pig dogs in NA/EU.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/29/2016 at 8:51 PM, Shadzar said:

Maybe you should have read it to be able to understand you responded in no way to what I said. The post is there, this isn't twitter with a 140 character limit, so there is PLENTY of room to write well thought out analysis of things. You choose to read them or not, but if you don't read it, you cannot hope to comment correctly.

But is you have a reading disorder, let me give you the short version.

The game is designed poorly to force competitiveness in a false "party" mechanic, and these 2 diametrically opposed styles of play lead to people being disgruntled about it, and promotes toxicity because of the overcompetitive nature of the mechanics built within the game.

Players wont change playstyle, until the game mechanics force players to change playstyle, and Korean devs have NO intention of changing their game for dirty capitalist pig dogs in NA/EU.

You still have yet to actually explain what it is you want from the game.  If you are trying to suggest that super casual 1 hour a week players and super hardcore 10 hour a day players should be able to attain the same levels of gear in roughly the same time well....you don't even want to play MMOs really.  

There are definitely things that I believe could be improved (premium transformation stones having heavy gold and materials costs and a stupidly high failure rate, farmed outfits not being salvageable, regular players not having access to the wardrobe AND having insufficient space in stash/bag to accommodate all the materials needed and all the costumes that are farm-able, the lack of interest from NC in fixing the faction balance issue that obviously isn't going to be fixed by NA/EU's soft bellied carebear population, insufficient rewards for competitive content, etc) but the mats required for upgrade is at best middle of the road thus far.  Being able to slowly but surely acquire the mats I need is still far less cancer than the RNG drop system from other games  

.Competition in a game is good, games where nothing ever happens die, and they die fast. The simple reality is, no matter how much people pretend otherwise, competition between players is the only "end game content" mmos offer.  

Then you haven't read or listened to people like Mosh, whom is often hosted after BnS streams.

PVP players want nothing to do with PVE, PVE players want nothing to do with the real or simulated PVP.

It is the simulated PVP in competing for things like during loot auctions where only 1 person can get a petal of lament, that is the major flaw in this game. The flamewalls that people use to abuse other payers during Daily Challenge, etc.

The game much be redesigned to remove the toxic playstyle its current format allows.

IF you want specifics, or BnS wants them; well at this point, they would have to pay me for detailed analysis, as I have said many times on the forums things that need to badly be changed to make PVE not an over-competitive toxic jerkfest.

Archived