Moonstones

hattori

5 minutes ago, LilMsQT said:

Never done 6x6 and have zero interest, but thnx.

Good to know there are two pvp sources and zero pve.

It's almost like the game isn't a pve game.  I'm really not sure what you were expecting to find in a game entirely balanced around it's 1v1 pvp arena, but if you don't want to pvp then you better use the gold you earned doing all that non pvp stuff to buy the things that come from pvp.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, United17 said:

No it's not. I have actively played 2 other MMOs. SWtoR and TERA, in Star Wars I play pvp while leveling up (you can do that there since there are tiers for the pvp so I can start playing at lvl 10). This gives you warzone commendations. By the time I hit level 65 I have well over 30,000. A TOP TIER pvp gear set costs me 22,000 and the top pvp gear is equal to about the 2nd tier down pve gear. So the MINUTE I hit 65 I have a FULL set of gear I can do anything in the game. I've had the same gear for 8 months and have done nothing more to upgrade it, because I haven't had to.

And if you ran Heroics between the matches even on the starter planets, by the time you hit level 65, you'd get enough credits to augment that gear set too to be totally awesome. And it will be a free legacy one if you only, say, participated in a monthly event or another rotating event. Which you could place in your Legacy Storage bank with 6 tabs of  compartments of a gazillion spaces in your Stronghold. That's separate from your personal storage you could increase to 6 tabs too. And you can pass that legacy set between your mirror classes.

By the time I finished SWTOR, I had legacy sets for every 8 or so levels to never bother with gear for alts, and did not even need them because heroics gave you leveling gear appropriate for your level.

To be frank, you did not even need gear to start on Story Mode Operations in the end-game. They bolstered you just fine in whatever you ended the game in.

Maybe the grind came from GSF, the space-ship flying module. I guess that could be it. Buying ships and fitting them out took a bit of time, I agree. Yep, that's it. GSF had grind in SWTOR! The whole week of it!

23 hours ago, XianRen said:

It's almost like the game isn't a pve game.  I'm really not sure what you were expecting to find in a game entirely balanced around it's 1v1 pvp arena, but if you don't want to pvp then you better use the gold you earned doing all that non pvp stuff to buy the things that come from pvp.

You did alot of reading between the lines on this one and are way off. I play pvp, ranked gold. The point is the availability of Moonstones is outrageously limited for a mat you need so much of. Even in 6v6 you have to get 200pts per win and need 1k just to get the chest for a chance at them. SSP is, as I pointed out in my previous post, has alot of blocks and factors. But w/e it is what it is, I will hold off to see, with the new content, if its much more reasonable to get

• 3 months later...

Archived