Add Back Green Dungeons to Cross Realm

Myri

I encountered the 1st Dungeon and Boss Pokey but see that you cannot Solo it at lv 15 and theres no new players around even with Dungeon Finder.

Now Ive got to wait until im lv 30 to try and finish the Quest.

4 minutes ago, Meiling said:

Those low level dungeons are soloable by everyone.

That's not a reason to HAVE TO do it solo. You can enjoy playing with other people you know.

Yea, you can either quickly get past the dungeon or solo it for nearly half an hour which happened on my alt FM running around trying not to die to a stupid boss which my main could have easily 1 hit the damn boss.. -.- its really no reason for newbies to solo such pointless dungeon its not like it drop awesome loots that they have to solo it. -.-

1 hour ago, TooNoob said:

Yea, you can either quickly get past the dungeon or solo it for nearly half an hour which happened on my alt FM running around trying not to die to a stupid boss which my main could have easily 1 hit the damn boss.. -.- its really no reason for newbies to solo such pointless dungeon its not like it drop awesome loots that they have to solo it. -.-

the problem is you are not used to fight enemies that don't die in 1-2 hits while leveleing.

All green dungeons and world bosses can be soloed while leveling, and to be honest it is the only challenge the leveling content provides, otherwise it is just running from A to B and oneshotting everything.

1 hour ago, Meiling said:

So what? Just because they are soloable doesn't mean NCSoft's decision was correct. You can buy gold with your credit card, so would it be fine if NCSWest removes any form of earning gold in-game in the next update?

53 minutes ago, Arohk said:

the problem is you are not used to fight enemies that don't die in 1-2 hits while leveleing.

I didn't one hit all the monster while leveling my main, what? did u think I was playing on God Mode or Developer Mode?

It's just I had more fun on my main, more people to grind with, I played BnS when it was the next hot thing.

Jadestone village packed with people! blackrams killing bamboos

Giganura? Dead, everytime it spawned

Party finder infront of lakeside cache ? NO need just /s Party? and u go in with 6 people. 

It was fun back then, it was challenging, but fun

it's challenging now and no fun almost like Dark Souls. 

Going to Golden Deva who have 200K life? no problem tons of people farming.

Now? like a desert it is.

I'm just saying, instead of dying ALONE in a dungeon. maybe we can have some people to die with and laugh about it... -.- how many times i thought while playing my FM that someone could come finish up this last 5 percent! 

But all is good though :-] I have 2 lvl 50s now. One i had fun with, the other.. Not so much. thats all i can say. Peace. :]

They should put them back on the crossserver list. I ran Plague hallows on two different alts, my destroyer I had to wait to run it till I was well over level 21 and even then it was a pain cause it took forever. I then ran it on my level 15 FM and a half hour and major carpel tunnel later.. I finally beat the plague mite down. While many don't need to be run until later there are several where upgrade items drop that need to be run before leaving the area and with the lack of cross server is going to make it nearly impossible for new players to get it.

Not everyone comes into game with high level friends and most clans won't recruit new, they want high AP coming in. The removal of the green dungeons has done absolutely nothing (as the cross server is just as bad as before with lag and disconnect issues) but screw over any new player that might have tried. Do you think a new player is going to stick around when they can't get upgrades cause they can't find a PT?

The problem with these dungeons not being in cross server is that the people making the game want you to build a community with other players, but there is very few to no players around the lower levels where these dungeons are for people to join with. Established clans aren't looking for newbs, they are looking for higher levels to do new content as the producers push new content out thinking everyone should already be there, EVEN IF they just began yesterday. It was in the latest news article they are trying to converge all the players on Silverfrost, but never give anyway for people to get there and worse remove people's ability to gain levels or power in game TO get there.

tonights livestream will be a very funny thing as real answers will yet to be given again and real problems will be glossed over an ignored, or Korea will be blamed for not allowing the production team for NA/EU to do anything. it will be a very fun puppet sow to watch, but Harry Potter Puppet Pals might be more enjoyable and more productive than any of the livestreams they have had yet. :/

6 hours ago, Meiling said:

I'm really "entertained" by the constant use of circle logic to white knight everything wrong with this game.

It's an MMO. All dungeons are designed to be run by parties.

And no, those dungeons cannot be soloed by all classes, at the time they are encountered, particularly by new players who are unfamiliar with the combat system and boss fights in this game. Get real.

Soloing them is a challenge some players enjoy, but that's an optional achievement.

This community is terrible with players saying junk of like "Oh, you can't solo your class or hate pugging dungeons? Play with friends, its an MMO!" followed by "Oh, you can't solo those dungeons or find any low level friends? Skip em!" What junk.

Players should not have to just skip them (as I've seen suggested) if they can't solo or get a group. That disrupts the flow of leveling if you have to skip and go back. Dungeon running helps people learn their class better and how to play with other classes. They also get exposed to dungeon mechanics before there are heavy consequences for not knowing them. Additionally, teams of people worked to create those dungeons, they are a part of game content and skipping them should be a CHOICE, not a cover for terrible game management. As an artist and a designer, it breaks my heart every time I see someone here excuse this terrible decision by insisting others should just skip all the stuff we all got to do. 

There's no excuse for removing these dungeons from Xserver without having done some major server merging AND verifying there is a regular supply of new players and legit alts starting up new characters.

On 6/9/2016 at 4:48 AM, Ohlong Johnson said:

So what? Just because they are soloable doesn't mean NCSoft's decision was correct. You can buy gold with your credit card, so would it be fine if NCSWest removes any form of earning gold in-game in the next update?

On 6/9/2016 at 2:55 AM, JNH said:

That's not a reason to HAVE TO do it solo. You can enjoy playing with other people you know.

The OP Said that it wasn't soloable and all I said that it's 100% soloable and pretty easy.

Plus, at the end of the day you don't really need to do those dungeons and can skip them all, it saves time on leveling and you can alwyas go back for the items when you're a higher level if you don't want to buy them in the market for a few copper or silver.

43 minutes ago, Meiling said:

Plus, at the end of the day you don't really need to do those dungeons and can skip them all, it saves time on leveling and you can alwyas go back for the items when you're a higher level if you don't want to buy them in the market for a few copper or silver.

If you think it's just a few coppers or silver, your terribly wrong. I'll use dark glimpse as an example... Those weapon in the market, if you decide to buy, would cost you 20s to 2g depending on the class your playing. Buying those would not be problem for me but to a freshly new player.. even more if they're still trying to learn the game + no prem, by moonwater they'll probably only earn 2g or less. Remember, that's just for the weapon upgrade, how about the accessories? Something is really terrible if they'd have to come back for it once they're a higher level or have no choice but to buy it from market. 

3 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

If you think it's just a few coppers or silver, your terribly wrong. I'll use dark glimpse as an example... Those weapon in the market, if you decide to buy, would cost you 20s to 2g depending on the class your playing. Buying those would not be problem for me but to a freshly new player.. even more if they're still trying to learn the game + no prem, by moonwater they'll probably only earn 2g or less. Remember, that's just for the upgrade weapon, how about the accessories? Something is really terrible if they'd have to come back for it once they're a higher level, even more if they have no choice but to buy it from market. 

Isn't that a blue dungeon?

6 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

It's a green dungeon. Blue dun starts at 36.

Ah, true it's green. Haven't bothered logging on for awhile so totally forgot. However, it's still soloable. Might be hard but it is and you can still level past there with the weapon and go back when it seems harder to kill stuff and solo it.  Anyways, besides that, even for a new person 20 silver really isn't huge by that point. Sure, 2 gold can be pushing it a bit but I only ever saw those weapons go up that high when the warlock one came out. They all might of gone up by then but hey, who knows. They can always ask in faction chat if someone has a spare or if they can help or use the thing there to queue up (I wouldn't be surprised if no one is bothering with it though.)

I'm not against it being re added or not like some people thought I was but the likely hood of that happening will be rare unfortunately so not much you can do other than that.

6 minutes ago, Meiling said:

Ah, true it's green. Haven't bothered logging on for awhile so totally forgot. However, it's still soloable. Might be hard but it is and you can still level past there with the weapon and go back when it seems harder to kill stuff and solo it.  Anyways, besides that, even for a new person 20 silver really isn't huge by that point. Sure, 2 gold can be pushing it a bit but I only ever saw those weapons go up that high when the warlock one came out. They all might of gone up by then but hey, who knows. They can always ask in faction chat if someone has a spare or if they can help or use the thing there to queue up (I wouldn't be surprised if no one is bothering with it though.)

I'm not against it being re added or not like some people thought I was but the likely hood of that happening will be rare unfortunately so not much you can do other than that.

Again, something is terribly wrong if they'd have solo it or have to go back for it at a higher level. Sadly, to a new player.... with no prem 20 silver CAN be a lot for them because of how little the money reward is and if they have to skip some quest/dungeons. Those prices I posted, are actually the price in mushin, 2g are sm/fm, there isn't any wl wep in store, kfm/des 20s, the rest are either 30 to 50s. As for faction chat, yeeeeh, they'll most likely get ignored or just have some or I send them the weapon instead and go on our merry way. (Which would be good for them atleast... since free wep but still kinda discouraging) 

I'm only disagreeing at the part can solo/ skip and go back when a higher level or buy from market since it's really terrible that those are their only options. (No one uses the pt finder thats for sure, o more like theyd have to wait) 

You are right, unfortunately there really isn't anything that could be.. especially after seeing the twitch stream. (Big dissapointment and a waste of 55mins)

On 6/9/2016 at 4:50 AM, Meiling said:

Yes, those dungeons are relatively easy to solo (up until Grimhorn Scullery and Bokgon Hideout in my experience)....it doesn't change that removing them from the cross-server list was a stupid and unnecessary change. And, this may come as a surprise, but not everyone has the same level of skill/know how at the game.

On 6/9/2016 at 5:50 AM, Meiling said:

/facepalm.

Yeah amazing feat right? I'm sure a level 45 a solo a level 30 green dungeon no problem. Want some applause?

I'd like to see a level 30 non-summoner solo a level 30 green dungeon.

First of all, lvl 30 stuff is more mid tier levels which are sitll soloable by every class even a non summoner and are in fact soloable by everyone (especially pokey). Did you two not read anything else I typed? I never once said it was a bad thing they removed it, I was correcting what the OP said about how they aren't soloable when in fact they are.  Other than dark glimpse, everything else I solo'd when I went in and did it on my warlock while leveling it. The only reason why I didn't do dark is because it's a cancer instance that makes you want to die from boredom.

Basically I'm not against that they should readd it, I'm not a white knight considering I rarely even log on this game cause ncsoft is a shit company and I never plan on giving them a single cent more and that yes, it's soloable so don't say it's not when in fact it is and as it is now since ncsoft wont' change anything you need to find work around aka leveling past it and going back if you aren't good enough to solo it. It may not be what you want to be but that's the current situation. IMPROVISE. 

All I wanted to point out is that his  comment was wrong that it's not soloable and I get this shit storm...

I personally think ncsoft is doing a terrible job and the game is in fact dying.

They don't seem to care about helping new players or people who might want to try out (re-roll) other classes once in a while.  They could at least add the breakthrough weapons as rewards to the story quests or surveys if they are pushing the player base to abandon the green dungeons.  I can't believe they were retired so quickly and this game has only been out a few months...what is so bad about keeping the option there a little longer?

I don't understand NCSoft or this playerbase...they really, really hate on people new to the game.

3 hours ago, Meiling said:

First of all, lvl 30 stuff is more mid tier levels which are sitll soloable by every class even a non summoner and are in fact soloable by everyone (especially pokey). Did you two not read anything else I typed? I never once said it was a bad thing they removed it, I was correcting what the OP said about how they aren't soloable when in fact they are.  Other than dark glimpse, everything else I solo'd when I went in and did it on my warlock while leveling it. The only reason why I didn't do dark is because it's a cancer instance that makes you want to die from boredom.

Basically I'm not against that they should readd it, I'm not a white knight considering I rarely even log on this game cause ncsoft is a shit company and I never plan on giving them a single cent more and that yes, it's soloable so don't say it's not when in fact it is and as it is now since ncsoft wont' change anything you need to find work around aka leveling past it and going back if you aren't good enough to solo it. It may not be what you want to be but that's the current situation. IMPROVISE. 

All I wanted to point out is that his  comment was wrong that it's not soloable and I get this shit storm...

I personally think ncsoft is doing a terrible job and the game is in fact dying.

You're getting a shitstorm because you're not adding anything meaningful to the discussion. The majority of players can't solo, even if it is theoretically possible according to you. Being able to solo or not does not change the fact that the game's starting and endgame progression is in miserable shape, and removing the green dungeons from xserver only made it worse.

By your own admission you rarely log onto this game, so why would this even concern you?

1 hour ago, DrowningEarth said:

You're getting a shitstorm because you're not adding anything meaningful to the discussion. The majority of players can't solo, even if it is theoretically possible according to you. Being able to solo or not does not change the fact that the game's starting and endgame progression is in miserable shape, and removing the green dungeons from xserver only made it worse.

By your own admission you rarely log onto this game, so why would this even concern you?

Yes, I know that it's in terrible shape but my comment wasn't direct about any of that at all. Like I said a few times already, my comment was directed to the point where the OP said that it's not soloable, specifically pokey which in fact, it is. You need to learn to put this on one side and that on the other since my comment wasn't directed to the poor management of the game (Which I've said repeatedly they they keep fcking up and this was a bad idea.)  but directed to where he believes it's not soloable.

TL:DL All I stated was that it's soloable. Did I say anything else? No. Did I say they shouldn't re add it? No. In fact, I believe they should but I just wanted the OP to know that they indeed are soloable.

Say one thing and words get shoved into your mouth saying you mean something else when there was no hints to it at all even following up that I agree it's stupid.

• 4 weeks later...
On 6/12/2016 at 6:47 PM, Meiling said:

The OP Said that it wasn't soloable and all I said that it's 100% soloable and pretty easy.

a few copper? A FEW COPPER? What world do you live in? Did you see how much a Darkglimpse Soul Fighter weapon costs? 12 *cricket*ing gold. there's no way I'm gonna get it. so what do you suggest me to do? skip it until i'm higher level? and how am I supposed to lvl with a shitty weapon because I couldn't breakthrough? or maybe buy gold so i can buy my weapon? and Darkglimpse isn't soloable, no matter what you white knights say. try soloing it with a Soul Fighter when the ranged skeletons arrive. and then keep doing it until you're lucky enough to get your weapon.

On 6/12/2016 at 7:24 PM, HungryTaro said:

If you think it's just a few coppers or silver, your terribly wrong. I'll use dark glimpse as an example... Those weapon in the market, if you decide to buy, would cost you 20s to 2g depending on the class your playing. Buying those would not be problem for me but to a freshly new player.. even more if they're still trying to learn the game + no prem, by moonwater they'll probably only earn 2g or less. Remember, that's just for the weapon upgrade, how about the accessories? Something is really terrible if they'd have to come back for it once they're a higher level or have no choice but to buy it from market. 

thank you for saying this, maybe our white knights will understand.

Archived