Forums

FPS and Stutter fix.

A lot of people, myself included have had trouble with our "high end" PCs when it comes to this game and stutter. Some of us have tried methods we found online and had some success... others, like myself have had none at all. I decided I'd just have to live with it.

But then... My gf told me she read something about BnS not working well with PCs with a CPU with more than 4 cores working on it. So I took it upon myself to bring the games process down to 4 cores and guess what? It actually worked.

I'm now getting between 75-80fps steady. My monitor can't display more than 60 so fps drops above that are not noticeable. Most importantly to me, there is no stutter which was a big issue for me. Would happen at the most inopportune moments while tackling bosses, as my timing would be screwed up by it.

Such a simple fix I could not find online so I'm sharing it in hopes it might improve your gaming experience where others have failed.

So, here's how to do it.

1. Start Blade and Soul.
  2. Open up your task manager (ctrl+alt+del)
  3. Go to the details tab (Win 8) or processes tab in (win 7)
  4. Look for Client.exe (with the bns logo) and right click it.
  5. Click "Set affinity".
  6. Deselect all cores but the first four. You only want cores 1-4 to be ticked.
  7. Click OK.
  8. As an extra measure, right click Client.exe again and hover over "Set priority".
  9. Set it to "High".
  10. You're all done. Hope it works for you.

The downside to this is you have to do it whenever you close the game. I'm sure there's an app out there that can save your affinity and priority settings. I'll shop around and hit you back if I find a good one before someone else.

Good luck.

You may want to add your hardware so we get a slight better idea.

Edit: As far as I've heard (from non confirmed sources though) that BnS is not even optimized to run on multiple cores but as I said, I haven't heard that from an absolute reliable source.

Archived