What would your dream MMO be like?

Kyrax

My dream MMO would be one where:

- Servers are very populated

- Interesting grinding 

- No bots nor hackers or at least active GM banning them

- Art like blade and soul

- World pvp

- Zone sieges every weekend (like a war between guilds to control a zone and make users pay to enter that zone) 

- No lag or bad ping

- Stuff like owning a house, marriage, kids, etc

- Mount pets like horses

- Professions where you can do stuff like cook, fish, have a farm and more

- Action combat system like blade and soul

Wbu? Can't think about more for now

I dream for a P2P come back... The $$$ model doesn't make a good game but F2P tends to be poor content/update with only caring about whales and I'm tired of this.

I miss the old time with GM animations too. Not only for assistance/advertising but really active in the game itself.

For the game content, I'd love to find another game with BnS fighting system but with trinity. I'm used to play support classes and I deeply miss it here, on BnS. I like fantasy universe like Aion. You could say "try Tera then" but Tera has miserably failed in many points. I'm from Europe, and EU servers are managed by GameForge, wich is horrid. Then I miss massive goals content (GvG, sieges, large PvP grounds without NPC everywhere and with strategic points, etc. but not instancied like GW2). Tera failed in this and BnS is not massive oriented. I don't like when PvE content is like a dungeon crawler too (Vindictus, C9, Dragon Nest), BnS actual endgame content is kinda dungeon crawler, sadly (for me). And I miss guild features. I mean, more than just a chat / pool for dungeons. Maybe Revelations Online could do the job, but I'm very sceptical because... my.com (and I really hate what they did to Skyforge PvP... and due to another F2P model I'm pretty sure they will ruin this game too), and it seems a bit cheap.

What do you think is better? 

Free to Play or Pay to Play 

Also do you think it's better to have a server for whole Europe or one per country like other games? Like one for Spain, France, etc

Did the servers physically in each country ? Maybe I misread you I considered physical servers. For virtual servers like BnS (so per language), I think it's better to have the choice. If people want an international one they just have to go on an English one (the choice I should have done on BnS... really... Glad to hear there will be server transfers).

5 minutes ago, JNH said:

Did the servers physically in each country ? Maybe I misread you I considered physical servers. For virtual servers like BnS (so per language), I think it's better to have the choice. If people want an international one they just have to go on an English one (the choice I should have done on BnS... really... Glad to hear there will be server transfers).

I mean a server in France, other in Italy, etc so that ppl from France are supposed to play that server with French client or so (well it'd be great to be able to choose the language ofc) 

A game with:

-no maps (that are readily/magically available to you anyway)

-no roadmap for classes

-no roadmap for skills, no skillbooks etc

-no class/profession restrictions

A game where pretty much you can train anything you want, so you'd be good at what you keep doing. There'd be no class titles like "he's a blademaster". If people have read the manga/manhwa "The Gamer" something along those lines in system and personal improvement  but ofcourse, a more fantasy type world setting.

I know it's impossible right now cause you'd need an self-evolving system that oversees these things.

42 minutes ago, Kyrax said:

My dream MMO would be one where:

- Servers are very populated

- Interesting grinding 

- No bots nor hackers or at least active GM banning them

- Art like blade and soul

- World pvp

- Zone sieges every weekend (like a war between guilds to control a zone and make users pay to enter that zone) 

- No lag or bad ping

- Stuff like owning a house, marriage, kids, etc

- Mount pets like horses

- Professions where you can do stuff like cook, fish, have a farm and more

- Action combat system like blade and soul

Wbu? Can't think about more for now

seems like youre looking for TESO the only dif is really the art style and the combat style outside of it the rest is pretty much accurate

Vanilla WoW, meets AoC, meets Korean grinder.

World PvP, meaningful kills/deaths, Solo or group world mob/boss grind for XP,  gold and rare items.

No separation between PvP and PvE gear.

Huge PvE raids as well as server/area PvP wars and sieges.

You could say Black Desert Online too, with an Asian touch + action combat :p

(idk about bots/cheaters tho, and grind is... well... that's a matter of personal taste imho)

EDIT : wow the forum is weird, I was answering to Netson.

24 minutes ago, Rasky said:

A game with:

-no maps (that are readily/magically available to you anyway)

-no roadmap for classes

-no roadmap for skills, no skillbooks etc

-no class/profession restrictions

A game where pretty much you can train anything you want, so you'd be good at what you keep doing. There'd be no class titles like "he's a blademaster". If people have read the manga/manhwa "The Gamer" something along those lines in system and personal improvement  but ofcourse, a more fantasy type world setting.

I know it's impossible right now cause you'd need an self-evolving system that oversees these things.

This is actually a decent concept, albeit difficult to accomplish. The problem we have nowadays (at least for MMOs) is the lack of individualism, you pick a class, master that class, get gear for that class, poof you are done. If there were no limits to combinations on abilities/things you can be, you can then choose your own gear progression, your own skill progression etc.

- Blade & Soul or TERA combat (love the fact that there is no RNG stats in Tera such as accuracy, evasion, block rate, etc... Accuracy = you have to aim properly, evasion = you have to dodge properly, block rate = you have to block properly. The only RNG stat is crit rate).

- Blade & Soul graphic style but updated to current standards (so a lot more beautiful)

- Interesting PvE content with various difficulty & reward dungeons, difficult raids (up to 10 man maybe ?), interesting mechanics, boss fights 12min+ long with different phases, the kind of endgame PvE you get in FFXIV for example.

- Bring the holy trinity back ! but with possibility to choose the role you want with all classes like in WoW where a Paladin can choose between tank, heal and DPS, Warrior can choose between tank and DPS, etc... I think that the holy trinity is a must in order to build interesting PvE fights with engaging teamplay mechanics. No holy trinity means brainless fights with little to no mechanics and just dodge stuff and dps for everyone (hi BDO).

- Different PvP modes, battlegrounds 20vs20, 15vs15, 10vs10, arena with 3vs3, 2vs2, 1vs1, different kind of battlegrounds, some with objectives, more based on strategy, and some based on just killing people.

- Some kind of interesting and engaging open world PvP.

- Fair end-game gearing up system. No overly heavy grind required, but maybe a token system with a weekly cap like you can find in FFXIV. Way to catch-up for new arriving players after many patches to prevent them from having to struggle doing old dated content to be able to do the current end game.

- Distinction between PvP and PvE gear. PvP gear obtainable only with PvP, PvE gear obtainable only with PvE. This way, people who are just interested in PvP aren't forced to grind shitty-ass PvE to gear up, but their gear would be mostly based on PvP stats (such as bonus damage to other players, bonus defence against other players) which means that while their character would be powerful in PvP, they would be weak in PvE. But they shouldn't care since they don't want or even need PvE. Same for the PvE players; they'd get destroyed in PvP, but it's their choice to be PvE only players, and they shouldn't be forced to do PvP. The previously mentionned weekly cap idea could be used for PvP gear as well, permitting players who enjoy both playstyles to get both sets of gear, capping both PvP and PvE tokens every week (but would require more playtime to do so, obviously).

- Obligation to travel out in the open world to the entrance of the dungeon you want to queue for, that way the open world of the game wouldn't just be a hub and the game wouldn't feel completely instanced like most MMOs do. Don't put too much teleports everywhere as well. Force people to meet eachother, to see the landscapes etc... Something like one teleport per zone should be enough, with mounts.

- Some open world content (could take inspiration on FFXIV for treasure maps, hunts, gathering etc...), give people a reason to get out of towns and dungeons.

Basically I'd take the best of some existing MMOs I loved (BnS, Tera, FFXIV, WoW) and mash everything up to make my perfect game. But it's just my taste !

Archived