How come my FM so squishy?

TheLimNabu

I am level 33 FM and currently using this build. https://bnstree.com/FM/4ygvbD8kW (all the skills I followed are the same other than force blast and those skills which my level is too low to learn)

The main problem for my FM now is when I kite around the boss and I accidentally lured some small mobs, when the mobs came in crowd and sometimes I made some mistake moves or sometimes some mobs just KABOOM, then I am at the edge of dying or most unfortunately, I am dead. In other words, I felt that I am extremely squishy as a level 33 FM.

My skill rotations are normally 2,X,LMB,RMB,LMB,RMB rinse n repeat. When boss is frozen then I cast V. If my HP is way too low, I started spamming ice F to recover my HP then I continue with the 2,X,LMB,RMB.

Currently my gears are up-to-date as in when I saw the required level, it clearly showing the level which is higher than my current one. So I think my setup is up-to-date? My soul shield is the purple Blight soul shield from blackram narrow.

And most importantly, sometimes when the mobs in red name came in crowd (accidentally lured), I am panic as my HP dropped way too fast then I just spam fire skills and sometimes I died from there.

Any suggestions for me to be less squishy? Thanks in advance.

As a FM you're not a tank, you always want to try kiting your enemies, cc'ing them, using your Q and E to evade their attacks.

I'd recommend putting 1 more point into your divine veil, when you use divine veil in combination with frost armor it will heal quite a bit back. (be careful that not too many enemies stack up without an escape or you will instantly  die anyway) This also counts for your v, it's just a shorter freeze than your frost armor.

My recommendation is also, at this point focus on leveling up so you can get soul shields to help you survive (increased HP, armor, evasion etc).

If you need more help, I'd be glad to help you out as far as I can :)

I am having a hard time solo even the mobs outside the dungeon, I mean like I almost died a few times even 1-on-1 with the mob, eg. those around Yonkai Command Post. Some of them were ranged and they deal so much damages on me and it almost give me a heart attack, The mobs are able to make my HP down to 1k easily. The situation is like 'man I can 2-3 hits and your gone, pew pew pew oh my god how come my HP dropped so much?'. 

I am currently only level 33 with 4.9k HP and those mobs are red name for me.  I am using the 50 lifedrain upon crit gem. Surprisingly I managed to solo the Altar of Champion without my HP going below 50% with I think quite a fast clear time? 

Any ideas on how to improve this? The defense of FM is making me lost interests but the damage deals is what keep dragging me back. I really need some expert advice. :(

5 hours ago, TheLimNabu said:

Currently my gears are up-to-date as in when I saw the required level, it clearly showing the level which is higher than my current one. So I think my setup is up-to-date? My soul shield is the purple Blight soul shield from blackram narrow.

I think that you are close to a level when you can switch the soul-shield with the Yehara Mirage ones that you can buy with Cinderlands soulstones. They are level 28 and level 36. I think once your SS is one of those, not the BN one, you will get a fair boost in your HPs/performance. Those valor stone shields are best for solo leveling.

Also, if the mobs overlevel you, you might want to do more sidequests, so you can catch up with levels a little.

I actually took all the side quests along the way but somehow I am underlever by the quests location. As in all the mobs are red names to me and their damages are so big, it's so depressing. May I know the HP and crit difference for the Blight set and Cinderland set? I am 3 levels away for the level 36 set so I not sure what should I do now. 

Archived