It's really no point doing currency exchange anymore is it...

Dad

1 hour ago, GodofWrath said:

You can farm gold yourself then. If you don't want to give your REAL money. People who are selling gold, spending(selling) their time and if you think making 50 gold in an hour or two is easy you can do so yourself so you wouldn't have to give your REAL money. Eh?

Where in my one sentence did I say I didn't farm gold?  I clearly said I sold gold I didn't comment that it was my only means of getting gold.  I sell nccoin because I choose to and those who buy it do so because they choose to.  I do my 40 dailes most days, I do my 4 daily challenges every day, I farm Zaiwei 24 man for the rest of the time.

I said I sold NCcoin so where in that ONE SENTENCE did you get the idea I didn't want to sell my real money?  Problem with reading comprehension much ?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Youmukon The problem is there're way too many players selling gold, while there're way too few players buying it, also it was already stated by NCsoft that the currency exchange shows the lowest rate to buyers like (1:11.123>1:11.12) making players spam their sells with low values. At this point the currency exchange is completely in favor of the buyer, also many of them are seeing the prices drop and they are waiting until it reaches the lowest value and it will reach a point where the ratio will be at 1:1 and at this point the F2P community which relies on the hongmoon store with hongmoon coin will start leaving the game, because blade and soul is not only about combat, it has art; so people want to buy costume, now with the dailies instance; they want to buy reset scrolls and there are many other quality of life items there that a character needs. So I beg your attention to this subject because 1:1 ration means a bundle of bag slots will cost 800g(without taxes), a casual player cannot farm that amount of gold easily and it also means with 5 dollars you can get about 400g, which is not only bad for the economy but also for the game, because now you can pay to progress your weapon, your accessories and even very expensive legendaries.

So my suggestion is that you try another exchange system, maybe one similar to Guild Wars 2 Gem Exchange, and add some daily restrictions on how much hongmoon coins an account can buy, like 500 hongmoon coins p/ day; in hope that we move away from those "three characters"

• NCSOFT

A new comer will be competing on the same market than a veteran player, this is a fact indeed and this definitely mean that new comers will find themselves struggling way more to acquire NCoin with Gold than veteran players.

But there is nothing we can be do about this. Regulating the market is not a viable solution since players can easily circumvent it and supply would simply dry out quickly. For the market to drop to 1:1 you need players to buy NCoin at that price in the first place. It takes two to tango. As long as players are willing to exchange gold for NCoin at lower rate, the rate will go down.

The market is a global competition not everyone can win. There will be winners (who judge that exchanging gold at the current rate is fine for them) and losers who won't accept the current rates or simply find themselves unable to transact due to not having enough gold. This thread proved it alone, you have sellers telling you straight up that they wouldn't part with their NCoin unless the rate is more favorable to them. It's two sides of the same coin and the law of supply & demand is the only way to reach an equilibrium which satisfy most players, maybe not you, or players complaining, but the thousands who are using the in-game currency exchange daily.

@YoumukonSo, you telling that NCsoft will simply closes its eyes until it reaches 1:1? and of course there're thousands using it, even I use it, you made the hongmoon store an essencial thing to this game, F2P can't have wardrobe, for example, so they have to buy hm coins for more bank slots and inventory slots and now you introduced daily dungeons and soon weekly dungeons which drops essencial things for a character progress, besides the fact that they are the most beneficial instances from this "Merchant of Wonders" Event. The winning side only wants to win and this is not a war, it's the health of the game and I'm scared that NCsoft West will do nothing to lighten this problem the same way they are doing from little to nothing to lighten faction balance, RMTs, Bots, Hackers and Gameguard problems.

(...)you have sellers telling you straight up that they wouldn't part with their NCoin unless the rate is more favorable to them.(...)

And yeah, of course they wouldn't, because they know how NCsoft tends to ignore the problems. I'm not saying that you have to add a fix number or something like, but maybe try to lighten up the hongmoon store; maybe less events that relies on it, maybe some daily restrictions so the flux of in-coming gold is reduced, all you been doing lately is pushing it, since Trove Event the exchange rate went crazy. I just hope you are not trying to fix a problem with another problem because from what I understood that's what it looks like.

Just make the price back to 75 again and KEEP IT THAT WAY so I can get me some costumes already! I don't wanna hear all this bull about players choice when you people are the ones hosting the game!

Despite everything about the market forces mechanism controlling the Currency exchange is true, it is a fallacy to think this would automatically mean a majority of players is happy.

In fact, taking the much quoted 2 million B&S players as basis, if ten thousand players are willing to trade on the Currency Exchange, these are easily enough to provide a very active seeming market, but only constitute 0.5% of the player base.

At the root of the problem is player inequality, with a minority having much more efficient ways of earning in game gold than the majority. I acknowledge that a lot of measures have been taken to reduce player inequality (market slot and quest slot caps being major among these), but one base constant that would be needed to help especially new players is an increased drop rate of venture tokens. I think this should be increased slowly as the game grows older to provide some help for new F2P players that need HM coin dearly for item slots and similar.

I am a buyer. I will dump my NCoin for in game gold to feed my alts BUT if it's go above 1:25. I ain't doing it.

A lot of people will not buy in-game golds in exchange rate when the rate too high (like 1:75 like @Mom suggested) but they will buy from outside sources which will make the bots and gold farmers work even harder to meet their customers' demand --> raise the amount of bots --> people starts complain.

There is no win-win situation here.

However, I do agree that maybe the game should have a min rate and max rate, meaning, does not allow players to sell less than 1:10 or over 1:30 (taking this number as an example) so at least, the sellers won't feel cheated and at least there are still good amount of buyers will still buying.

Its extremely unfair to those who spent money few patches ago (lv45). i sold my ncoins when it was 1 gold - 60-80 Ncoins. yes i was ripped off and should have waited. spent around quite alot of money on the game and my gear are still on true pirate and i don't pve anymore since its too much grinding. note i have alts

if i spent like 100-200 dollars at the current state of the game i can get to true pirate without spenting so much money.

They won't do anything to currency exchange, if you compared it to other regions our one is actually quite unfair to those who spents real life money. on Taiwan 2-3 dollars equals to 100 gold. Treasure trove on TW the best loot equals to 80k gold etc, good loot gives like 1k soulstones compared to ours where it only gives 5-100. don't forget there are dallies where people can get 1000 gold from it, if they are lucky within a month they can get up to 6k gold.

Just now, Winner said:

What do you use to buy in Amazon?

Amazon sell the NCoin prepaid card. You can buy it from Amazon and receive a code. You then redeem the code in your account portal for the NCOIN.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ancoin&keywords=ncoin&ie=UTF8&qid=1465403027

Amazon takes credit card...whatever else it take, I don't know

2 hours ago, 888608_1452550547 said:

The problem is there're way too many players selling gold, while there're way too few players buying it, also it was already stated by NCsoft that the currency exchange shows the lowest rate to buyers like (1:11.123>1:11.12) making players spam their sells with low values. At this point the currency exchange is completely in favor of the buyer, also many of them are seeing the prices drop and they are waiting until it reaches the lowest value and it will reach a point where the ratio will be at 1:1 and at this point the F2P community which relies on the hongmoon store with hongmoon coin will start leaving the game, because blade and soul is not only about combat, it has art; so people want to buy costume, now with the dailies instance; they want to buy reset scrolls and there are many other quality of life items there that a character needs. So I beg your attention to this subject because 1:1 ration means a bundle of bag slots will cost 800g(without taxes), a casual player cannot farm that amount of gold easily and it also means with 5 dollars you can get about 400g, which is not only bad for the economy but also for the game, because now you can pay to progress your weapon, your accessories and even very expensive legendaries.

What I saw earlier in the thread was that 100$ (or euros) was buying your 1000 gold right now. Is it 10$ or is it 100$? Sorry, I don't really use the exchange, but I would if it was that favorable.

39 minutes ago, YamiKokennin said:

Amazon sell the NCoin prepaid card. You can buy it from Amazon and receive a code. You then redeem the code in your account portal for the NCOIN.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=a9_sc_1?rh=i%3Aaps%2Ck%3Ancoin&keywords=ncoin&ie=UTF8&qid=1465403027

Amazon takes credit card...whatever else it take, I don't know

If you already have the credit card for Amazon, why not use the same card for NCSoft? I think Paypal eventually is also tied into credit cards.

I've only found NCoin cards in GameStop shops in US, but not other shops that you can buy with just cash. A unified currency, NCoins, is easier for the game company to manage than various real world currencies cross all their games. However, this game is lacking options to pay with real cash in NA (probably EU as well). I was looking at the B&S China site, and there are so many payment options.

1 hour ago, Yetan said:

If you already have the credit card for Amazon, why not use the same card for NCSoft? I think Paypal eventually is also tied into credit cards.

I've only found NCoin cards in GameStop shops in US, but not other shops that you can buy with just cash. A unified currency, NCoins, is easier for the game company to manage than various real world currencies cross all their games. However, this game is lacking options to pay with real cash in NA (probably EU as well). I was looking at the B&S China site, and there are so many payment options.

@Yetan To your question about Amazon -- that is because NC has weekly limit of how much you can charge your CC in 1 week. Once people max their weekly limit but wish to get more NCoin, they can then go to Amazon to buy these cards and redeem them.

As for other location to buy the card, there are stores that sell them where you can go and buy them with your cash per this page:

https://ncsoft.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/207168706

Per the list on this page, you can get them at BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart and Toys R Us

I think they should remove the limit and let supply and demand determine the price.

Some people want to buy gold at 1:40 at this current time. That's simply slapping the Ncoin seller in the face, as they gave real money to only net 10 gold for 5 USD. 10g is basically less than one run of 4-man Asura.

Let the market regulate itself, and if people are willing to sell gold for Ncoin at rates such as 1:5, so be it. If you didn't want to purchase that rate, fine, but other people are and they will be the Ncoin seller's priority buyer. If everyone doesn't want to pay that rate, Ncoin sellers will be forced to purchase from higher exchange rates. 

The hongmoon store rates will always increase. This is due to material items sold within it and gold generated by the playerbase. Items such as hammers have a market value that can be translated into a number of hongmoon coin. And more gold from dailies/loot will increase the amount of gold in circulation. The exchange rate will almost never go back to 1:40 unless something drastically changes the worth of gold.

2 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

Per the list on this page, you can get them at BestBuy, GameStop, Walmart and Toys R Us

Checked Walmart and BestBuy, don't see the NCoin card, and don't see the cards on their websites either. Toys R Us, haven't been there for years and can't remember where I can find one. LOL. GameStop is the only chain that I've found the NCoin card.

5 minutes ago, Yetan said:

Checked Walmart and BestBuy, don't see the NCoin card, and don't see the cards on their websites either. Toys R Us, haven't been there for years and can't remember where I can find one. LOL. GameStop is the only chain that I've found the NCoin card.

Then you may want to let NC knows as I found that list on the site :)

Just now, YamiKokennin said:

Then you may want to let NC knows as I found that list on the site :)

My guess is that they are still working the deals out with these other brands. Like for GameStop, the NC page says January, but I think the GameStop announcement was not out until late March.

I hope everyone realizes that inflation is happening. Everyone, especially the top players, are getting rich as days go by.

I've been gear capped for awhile now, minus level 5 soul. I play around 4 hours a day and make 200-300g a day just doing dailies and a few farm runs. Not really entirely sure what to even do with my gold at this point other than throw it at that useless soul upgrade.

Note that I...

1. Had 50-60k HMCoin stocked up at level 45 patch. I was capped on gears pretty early, so I had nothing to spend gold on. Ratio was like 1:90 back then.

2. Now I have thousands of gold stocked up, increasing by 200-300g everyday. Once June 22 hits, I'll probably net another 4-5k gold. If I decide to throw those 4-5k gold into Currency Exchange, I can get another 40-50k HMCoins stocked up.

It's going to keep going down.

10 hours ago, Youmukon said:

But if your peers keep transacting while you're not, then you're out of the game and will have to either farm your gold or buy your NCoin with real money.

And that is why we can't have nice things

6 hours ago, Youmukon said:

A new comer will be competing on the same market than a veteran player, this is a fact indeed and this definitely mean that new comers will find themselves struggling way more to acquire NCoin with Gold than veteran players.

But there is nothing we can be do about this.

You actualy can... you can add more ways to get HMcoins in game, as it is suppouse to be. For example, I never seen a venture token drop from any of the boxes it can drop, and I've been playing the game since release...

And btw, you don't get Ncoins in game, only HMcoins. And once you sell gold to the corrency exchange, there's no turning back, cuz you can't buy gold with HMcoins, only with Ncoins.

6 hours ago, 888608_1452550547 said:

@YoumukonSo, you telling that NCsoft will simply closes its eyes until it reaches 1:1? and of course there're thousands using it, even I use it, you made the hongmoon store an essencial thing to this game, F2P can't have wardrobe, for example, so they have to buy hm coins for more bank slots and inventory slots and now you introduced daily dungeons and soon weekly dungeons which drops essencial things for a character progress, besides the fact that they are the most beneficial instances from this "Merchant of Wonders" Event. The winning side only wants to win and this is not a war, it's the health of the game and I'm scared that NCsoft West will do nothing to lighten this problem the same way they are doing from little to nothing to lighten faction balance, RMTs, Bots, Hackers and Gameguard problems.

And yeah, of course they wouldn't, because they know how NCsoft tends to ignore the problems. I'm not saying that you have to add a fix number or something like, but maybe try to lighten up the hongmoon store; maybe less events that relies on it, maybe some daily restrictions so the flux of in-coming gold is reduced, all you been doing lately is pushing it, since Trove Event the exchange rate went crazy. I just hope you are not trying to fix a problem with another problem because from what I understood that's what it looks like.

The second paragraph here does bring up a point. I never mindlessly swipe my credit card cause I'm paranoid. So I just buy the pre-paid game cards when I go grocery shopping. NCSofts cards sell at $25 which is 5 more than what most sell for on the low end. If I bought for example a $20 card for my Steam account, I know I could go and buy a new game not even on sale, and probably get a good 30 hours of enjoyment out of it. 10 hours at least, if it's remotely decent. With NCoin I'm only finding myself able to purchase ONE of anything, and then I can't afford anything else unless it's an RNG box if they're available, or some supplies. Most other games I've played I could get away with buying two costumes at least before I go broke again. In BNS? Nope...   one costume / service + a modest amount of supplies or maybe 80 some gold if I felt like selling it instead. Nothing more. I don't really feel like I get my moneys worth out of 25 USD.

7 hours ago, Youmukon said:

It takes two to tango.

there is a third party which is putting resets into the store for few Ncoins which makes 1:10 rates still interesting. the market was great before this whole treasure trove / dungeon reset token begann. it really is shameless of you to put the fault only on the players while YOU are clearly playing with the psychology of little children. its totally OK that you make money this way, but dont come to the forums and push the fault away from you

Adding items to the HM store people want to buy is good business for them since lower rates and increases the likelihood people will buy gold by purchasing NCoin from them.  At 45 cap I could get an outfit after 2 days of dailies.  I make easily twice as much per day now and it takes me 5 days farming to get an outfit from currency exchange.  It sucks as a casual player but it is just the way the game is headed.

This thread is full of useless statements and arguments. What the people here are demanding is a "goverment controlled market", wich obviously does not work. The current rate is what people would want to pay for, and what people are willing to sell for (Well, not really, there's a min price set wich goes lower if people constantly buy the min price and supply refills the min price orders). You're not going to get a brand new Ferrari for $100,.. 

If there was a 1:50 min exchange rate at this very moment, the currency exchange would be a dead place. No sane mind would pay 50 ncoins for 1 gold. "Good" players are making hundreds of gold everyday, and not even playing that hardcore for it. 1 Asura daily nets 10g min, you guys are demanding that the goldbuyers have to pay 500 ncoins for a single asura run..

Back in the days where 1 gold costed 50-70ncoins, gold was not available in the quantities current  content offers. Due to the fast pace in content, inflation took insane heights. Struggling 3 months ago to make 20 gold a day, now you can earn 20 gold in less then an hour without even breaking a sweat. You cannot compare 1 gold in the past to 1 gold now.

Also, some people in this thread are doing like 20-50g a day, and are mad about how few hm coins this equivalates to. Well, dear people, hate to bring this up but, most players i know make 200+ gold a day, no hard core farming. Your gold gain per day is NOT a standard for all players.

This forum is litered with threads about how pricey stingers are, how bad the economy is blabla and its all the game publishers fault blabla. Such nonsense... You are free to set a price for any item, only questions are, would people buy it from you? Or Would you be able to buy this item for this price from anyone? If both awnsers are negative, then you've likely set a wrong price and you should look at the open market to look for  a correct price indication.

But all in all guys, this place doesn't look as horrible as some crypto subreddits, don't worry.

Archived