It's really no point doing currency exchange anymore is it...

Dad

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1 gold for 9 points, 20 for 100?

I'm done with this. 

Whole point of me selling  gold was for costumes and now I can't even do that, y'all love destroying things and watching them burn.

Yep. North American gaming community doesnt know shit about economics on average. That's why the  currency exchange is in shambles. This system works fine on other regions because people arent stupid about it and dont ridiculously undercut all the time lol they understand that EVERYONE can profit if EVERYONE plays it the right way. same goes for auction. People put stuff for higher prices & keep them there. under cutting isnt crazy common or dramatic.

I can only assure you all, that day 22 when soul fighter comes out, the currency exchange will be at 1:4 - 1:5, because you need keys, skill pages, skins, outfits or stamps. and when new box or trove event shows up in 2 or 3 months the currency will be 1:1 unless it can be lower xD

Real money > then fake money..

The exchange is almost to a reasonable balance. Game economy is meaningless when it has to compete again RL economy. 1:4/1:5 Ratio is more realistic and more in line with other MMO's where an exchange is possible at least here in NA. This decline is a natural and needed balancing, to the super inflated ratio it had at the start,

It's the natural flows. The higher the income you get in-game, the higher the currency-exchange. Hard work comes with income. If you really need the money then you have to sacrifice. 

Common-sense. Just because the method you use to get in-game-gold it is absolute, It Is NOT absolute. 

(don't mind me. just passer-by. *walks-out-silently*)

This is the byproduct of multiple issues.

One, gold inflation from quests is substantial compared to back when we were at 45 cap. Two, we've got no shortage of bots and farmers. Three, there aren't as many players willing to put real money into a declining game - so there's your supply side constraint.

It always amazes me how disconnected from reality gamers tend to be. Currency exchange prices have gotten so low because the average gold income has sharply increased since the 45 cap. Every new dungeon they add increases the average gold income per day so prices will continue to decrease as new content is added (assuming the playerbase stays at least the same). Thinking something should be worth the exact same value forever is delusional and not how things work in the real world, so why should they work that way in a game?

I'll try to put things into a real world context : I played for 2 hours yesterday and I earned 40G + 60G worth of mats. That was just doing the daily challenge and some of the remaining purple dungeons plus Yachun for the soulstones. At the current rate of 10 ncoin to 1G that equates to around £10.00 ($14.50 US at today's rate) or £5 per hour ($7.27 US). Now the minimum wage in my country ranges from £3.87 to £7.20 based on age and is £3.87 for anyone under 18 and £5.30 for someone between 18 and 20. So at the current gold earning rate and currency exchange rate I am earning more playing a game than a 17 year old working a full time job or around the same as a 20 year old working a full time job in the real world.

And this seems fair to you? Are you trying to tell us that playing a game is worth more than real life?

• NCSOFT

It is sadly impossible to satisfy everyone with the Currency Exchange and regulating the market by fixing a price threshold wouldn't do any good. I won't start a debate on what is causing the rate to go one way or the other, like @DrowningEarth mentioned it is a combination of several factors (some have a way lower impact than players tend to believe however). The most important thing is that the current rate is decided by players, if the rate stays at what it is currently it's because players transact at that rate, it's that simple.

We could arbitrarily decide that 1:30 (just taking a random value as an example) is the good rate then what? NCoin sellers will just refuse to exchange their real money for gold (i.e. players like @ArcanumZodiak in this thread which wouldn't sell NCoin unless the rate is way more in their favour) and there will be a supply shortage through the In-Game Currency Exchange which will then push players to black markets (third party forums etc.).

If you cannot acquire NCoin at the rate we fixed then dumping will start to naturally occur. Someone will say "well I can't buy at 1:30 because there's no supply at that price, so I'm lowering my price to 1:20" and that player will do so through a parallel market (either arrange transactions through third party forums, whisper...). This is how supply and demand works. We didn't need a currency exchange for that; players were already fixing their rates before the in-game Currency Exchange got implemented in February.

Not everyone is equal when it comes to gold farming, some players find themselves to be way more efficient than you. Top players in organized clans can have hourly gold income which can be 5 times higher than an average casual player. At the same time, not everyone is equal when it comes to real money. Blade & Soul is a worldwide game, we have players from a various range of countries and when an hour of hard work in real life is paid ~3 euros in some of these countries, you can understand that these players expect a fair amount of gold for the NCoin they'll sell or won't mind having to exchange lot of gold in order to acquire NCoin which are expensive to them. One hour of Blade & Soul gameplay shouldn't be valued as one (or even more) hours of real world labour as @Reaper00 mentioned.

All things considered, leaving the market between the hands of the players is the solution that will satisfy most players, both buyers and sellers. You'll always have people falling outside that category, satisfying everyone is just impossible. If you find the rate unacceptable for you, there's a simple solution: don't transact. And if everyone does the same, then the rate will go your way. But if your peers keep transacting while you're not, then you're out of the game and will have to either farm your gold or buy your NCoin with real money.

Continuation to my comment..

People do it the easy way that's WHY they tend to lower the rate in currency-exchange. It is the REALITY.

(My answer is neutral. To clear the confusion. *walks-out-silently*)

8k NCoin costs 100 Euros
If you decide to sell all your NCoins via Currency Exchange, you get 1000g ( 1:8 ratio )

If you buy gold from a gold seller ( i know it's illegal but people buy it, seems like NCsoft doesn't care about bots either )
1600g costs 100 USD ( around 90 Euros )

So, don't expect Currency Exchange to get better, instead it'll get worse. I believe it'll be stable around 1:3 or 1:2 ratio.

4 hours ago, Cherish said:

1:9 sounds pretty awesome to me as a person who sells her REAL currency for FAKE ingame currency.

You can farm gold yourself then. If you don't want to give your REAL money. People who are selling gold, spending(selling) their time and if you think making 50 gold in an hour or two is easy you can do so yourself so you wouldn't have to give your REAL money. Eh?

I wanted get a outfit from HM Store, 50G and still dont get it, i forgot about it.

The worst part will be for upgrade our invetory, since the only possible way to get pouches are buying from NCCoin,and for get a good aumont of new rows are 800 NCCoins... Anyway, my SF is screwed.

21 minutes ago, GodofWrath said:

You can farm gold yourself then. If you don't want to give your REAL money. People who are selling gold, spending(selling) their time and if you think making 50 gold in an hour or two is easy you can do so yourself so you wouldn't have to give your REAL money. Eh?

You realise that advice works in reverse as well right? 

People who are selling ncoin, spending(selling) their real life money and if you think making $5 in an hour or two is easy you can do so yourself so you wouldn't have to give your fake money. Eh?

I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out that people need to look at both sides of an issue, not just the side that affects them!

4 minutes ago, Reaper00 said:

You realise that advice works in reverse as well right? 

People who are selling ncoin, spending(selling) their real life money and if you think making $5 in an hour or two is easy you can do so yourself so you wouldn't have to give your fake money. Eh?

I'm not having a go at you, just pointing out that people need to look at both sides of an issue, not just the side that affects them!

First of all i'm not selling gold anyways whether the current rate is high or low and i quoted you because you were looking at the issue from only your side cuz of the "REAL" emphasis, like you are the only one who's sacrificing something.

1 hour ago, Youmukon said:

It is sadly impossible to satisfy everyone with the Currency Exchange and regulating the market by fixing a price threshold wouldn't do any good. I won't start a debate on what is causing the rate to go one way or the other, like @DrowningEarth mentioned it is a combination of several factors (some have a way lower impact than players tend to believe however). The most important thing is that the current rate is decided by players, if the rate stays at what it is currently it's because players transact at that rate, it's that simple.

We could arbitrarily decide that 1:30 (just taking a random value as an example) is the good rate then what? NCoin sellers will just refuse to exchange their real money for gold (i.e. players like @ArcanumZodiak in this thread which wouldn't sell NCoin unless the rate is way more in their favour) and there will be a supply shortage through the In-Game Currency Exchange which will then push players to black markets (third party forums etc.).

If you cannot acquire NCoin at the rate we fixed then dumping will start to naturally occur. Someone will say "well I can't buy at 1:30 because there's no supply at that price, so I'm lowering my price to 1:20" and that player will do so through a parallel market (either arrange transactions through third party forums, whisper...). This is how supply and demand works. We didn't need a currency exchange for that; players were already fixing their rates before the in-game Currency Exchange got implemented in February.

Not everyone is equal when it comes to gold farming, some players find themselves to be way more efficient than you. Top players in organized clans can have hourly gold income which can be 5 times higher than an average casual player. At the same time, not everyone is equal when it comes to real money. Blade & Soul is a worldwide game, we have players from a various range of countries and when an hour of hard work in real life is paid ~3 euros in some of these countries, you can understand that these players expect a fair amount of gold for the NCoin they'll sell or won't mind having to exchange lot of gold in order to acquire NCoin which are expensive to them. One hour of Blade & Soul gameplay shouldn't be valued as one (or even more) hours of real world labour as @Reaper00 mentioned.

All things considered, leaving the market between the hands of the players is the solution that will satisfy most players, both buyers and sellers. You'll always have people falling outside that category, satisfying everyone is just impossible. If you find the rate unacceptable for you, there's a simple solution: don't transact. And if everyone does the same, then the rate will go your way. But if your peers keep transacting while you're not, then you're out of the game and will have to either farm your gold or buy your NCoin with real money.

Exactly this. I don't like the rates for buying Hongmoon Coins currently. So I simply don't. I'm literally losing NOTHING in my choices. But when I buy NCoin I'm extremely tempted to just sell it all instead of buying what I want. The gold I'd gain is insanely nice. In which case, I only gain since the HM Store doesn't have much I desperately want.

14 minutes ago, GodofWrath said:

First of all i'm not selling gold anyways whether the current rate is high or low and i quoted you because you were looking at the issue from only your side cuz of the "REAL" emphasis, like you are the only one who's sacrificing something.

Err, you didn't quote me in your previous post.....

Archived