Please fix moonwater tear supply/demand

Skotlex

There needs to be some serious rebalancing when it comes to item acquisition for crafting. Just compare:

Viridian pots/bowls: requires 1 viridian poison per 5 products

Acquisition: daily green dungeons (scorpion/Dura), unavailable via F8. Blackram Narrows daily challenge (x6)

Average market price: between 15c and 2.5s (depends on daily challenge)

Cinderlands pots/bowls: requires 1 cinderland thorn per 5 products

Acquisition: several daily green dungeons (no longer available via F8), 2 blue dungeons, Tombs of Exiles daily challenge (x3, I think)

Average market price: between 6s and 23s (again, affected by daily challenge)

Moonwater pots/bowls: requires FIVE moonwater tears per 5 products

Acquisition: the "Big 4" blue dungeons (drop only, x2)

Average market price: used to be stable at 20s, since the last update has gone up to 50s!

Silverfrost pots/bowls: requires 1 silverfrost pot thing per 5 products

Acquisition: daily quests from specific Silverfrost dungeons

Average market price: between 6s and 15s.

Okay, why is moonwater tear such a huge roadblock to progressing to tier 4 materials? Why does it require FIVE of them to craft pots/bowls when all other tiers require only one? Maybe there's something I am missing (as I haven't yet started L4 crafting due to being stuck at L3 insane prices), but this doesn't seem right at all.

Suggestions:

- Change the basic bowl/pot recipe to require ONE moonwater tear per stack of pots/bowls.

- add moonwater tear x1 as a reward for the daily quests at the Big Four

- add moonwater tear x1 as a reward for the daily challenge when it triggers at the purple dungeons of act III (the three of them?)

If people are supposed to spend more time at silverfrost, instead of being stuck at moonwater-level content, moonwater tears are a big obstacle to this.

I'm going to assume you're not extremely geared or even average gear but if you find 1 other person to duo with you can run pigsty in under 6 minutes and each will get 1 tear.  My other suggestion is to do other content to buy tears.  

Lets not be too hasty! Gear progression does and should take time, unless you are rich and pour money into the game. It's just like any gear progression, you go into a dungeon and if something drops you bid on that item.

If you are complaining about the Moonwater tears, I suggest you look at the Silverfrost gear path's and the materials to make Silverfrost transformation stones as it requires a lot of grinding.

This IS an mmo after all, materials can take time to get.

The problem is, as I just mentioned in another thread, Moonwater WAS endgame at one point and since new expansions to the game have come it, nobody has revisited, nor are the willing to, fix the Moonwater area for EVERYTHING so that it is now longer an endgame grind.

The ONLY thing they have done to remove Moonwater as endgame grind is:

1. reduce soulstones needed for MTS from 100 to 50.

2. remove Siren/Pirate weapon path entry.

That is it, everything else form E Fleet to Naryu Lab, crafting to upgrade material grinding is still scaled and designed as endgame material.

What level are you ? better yet what's your bnscoffee link?   If you follow the story line you should hit 49 and you'd out level the moonwater area.   It's actually easier for you with the level 50 content out to catch up to the 50 content.  By catching up it doesn't mean you have to be top tier or have god like gear.  

Nobody was talking about having gold-like or top tier just through reaching level 50. It's about crafting professions at Moonwater level and how you need 1 specific material of EVERY region BUT moonwater. They are NOT used to upgrade any kind of gear.

As someone who depends on 10 Moontears daily to earn her pathetic 30-40 g income, I agree! The price hike is pushing my gearing drive further and further out of reach.

I am at the point of wanting to try to solo any blue dungeon for any amount of Tears, but the last time I've tried Pigstey, I could not even get pass the first mob-up by the pigs. The 2 tears you need to bid on is completely inadequate. They should be in the daily boxes for them.

Moontear shortage is a leftover from the days 45 was the top level and was artificially slowing progression down back then. They gave us an awesome way to farm the Soulstones, but Moontears... yakes.

27 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

As someone who depends on 10 Moontears daily to earn her pathetic 30-40 g income, I agree! The price hike is pushing my gearing drive further and further out of reach.

I am at the point of wanting to try to solo any blue dungeon for any amount of Tears, but the last time I've tried Pigstey, I could not even get pass the first mob-up by the pigs. The 2 tears you need to bid on is completely inadequate. They should be in the daily boxes for them.

Moontear shortage is a leftover from the days 45 was the top level and was artificially slowing progression down back then. They gave us an awesome way to farm the Soulstones, but Moontears... yakes.

Moonwater tears also drop from the nyariu box (you need 10 essences to do so easy to farm them), and a couple of other dungeons including BSH and Nightshade if I saw well. Other than that Brightstone is the easiest dungeon of them all, and if u been there while farming for weapon you know you can easily farm it later on solo. Especially if ur a sin, though i heard for sins pigsty is easier. That's how I craft my MTS. I farm my own tears, that's an instant 10 gold profit.

2 minutes ago, Mucski said:

Moonwater tears also drop from the nyariu box (you need 10 essences to do so easy to farm them

Good thing I did not toss those stupid essences. Where can I buy a box?

How do you do Brightstone with 2 bosses and spheres going on all at once? The boss will just keep jumping on your toon till you are dead.

4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

How do you do Brightstone with 2 bosses and spheres going on all at once? The boss will just keep jumping on your toon till you are dead.

It's literaly just a small circle, it's also red where it jumps so you can just walk out of it, you don't even have to iFrame. As for the orbs, I used to solo it with my FM and divine well protects from it, but even without it they don't do much damage. And you can buy boxes outside the nyariu dungeon there is a NPC that was used to get Moonwater Soul, amongst others it also sells the box and some other crap

18 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

If the spheres really bother you then you can run circles around them doing damage to them while avoiding/damaging the boss. If your class has a lot of aoe your dps on the boss won't really drop either. And as mentioned before move out of the red circle where the boss is going to jump to.

4 hours ago, mrpeeng said:

I'm going to assume you're not extremely geared or even average gear but if you find 1 other person to duo with you can run pigsty in under 6 minutes and each will get 1 tear.  My other suggestion is to do other content to buy tears.  

jeez.. maybe yes, i am really tired of runing Brightstone ruins for the 50th time just get more moonwater tear.

crafting Silverfrost transformation stones is less annoying although it is more expensive.

2 hours ago, Mucski said:

Moonwater tears also drop from the nyariu box (you need 10 essences to do so easy to farm them), and a couple of other dungeons including BSH and Nightshade if I saw well. Other than that Brightstone is the easiest dungeon of them all, and if u been there while farming for weapon you know you can easily farm it later on solo. Especially if ur a sin, though i heard for sins pigsty is easier. That's how I craft my MTS. I farm my own tears, that's an instant 10 gold profit.

When was the last time you ran BSH/NSH? They do not drop there.

Also, Naryu lab is a long dungeon (As long as Asura) and not soloable. Furthermore that fragment box does not always drop tears, it tends to give gold bars more than anything else.

I farm tears all the time. As a Sin with pretty decent gear, 460ap, it's easy. I can do Brightstone Ruins in less than 8mins. I've gotten 3 Merry Potter mw recipes. The tears only drop from the blue dungeons in Moonwater. Tears don't drop in BSH/NSH. If you're having a hard time doing any dungeon solo, then you're not geared enough yet to do it. Plain and simple. Find other ways to get the materials you need. They're not going to lessen the requirements just because you're having a hard time.

Guys, I didn't post this topic to ask for workarounds to the problem. I have a clan that could help me farm the tears if I so wanted to. I wrote this post to highlight the lack of balance in moonwater tear acquisitions compared to the other items.

Viridian poison / cinderland thorns / silverfrost pots = daily rewards from select blue dungeons

moonwater tears = drops at the end of select blue dungeons

viridian / cinderland / silverfrost pots/bowls = it takes one of the area material to craft five pots/bowls

moonwater pots/bowls = takes five of the material to craft five pots/bowls

This is INCONSISTENT. That's really all there is to it. The advise on how to workaround the issue is appreciated, but I was hoping the issue could actually be addressed. Unless, of course, you already gave up on NCSoft doing anything to fix things.

4 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Answer : Be an Assassin and perma stealth DPS them. Or wait till Lv50 for other classes....but it'll still suck. As for the jumps :

Emerald Lord : Does either one jump at the start of its phase, or 4 consecutively at the end of a phase (when it starts resisting everything and can't be damaged, it'll glow red) Sometimes may do a jump if it's some distance away as well. Any of these you can just walk out of as long as you're moving when you see it do this, though you will want to use an i-frame if you're slowed down or don't notice fast enough, as these jumps stun and poison you.

Azure Lord : Does one jump at the start of its cycle, though it may do this again sometimes at the end with both of them out. This one you cannot just walk/run out of, you will want an i-frame or dodge for this. It doesn't stun, but does hurt and freezes you in place.

7 hours ago, mrpeeng said:

I'm going to assume you're not extremely geared or even average gear but if you find 1 other person to duo with you can run pigsty in under 6 minutes and each will get 1 tear.

Except the tears are in stacks of two together, meaning that's not how it works. One person gets both and agrees to trade one to the other. It requires a certain amount of trust, and not being a jerk, something this game doesn't encourage.

7 hours ago, mrpeeng said:

My other suggestion is to do other content to buy tears.

Because relying on the market for everything to continue onward and trying to grind dailies like a mindless psuedo-bot is just so fun, right?

/sarcasm

7 hours ago, devildawg said:

Lets not be too hasty! Gear progression does and should take time,

Yeah. But not the amount of time this requires. In addition, unless you rely on the market for certain things, depending on your luck (or lack thereof), you can be stuck at a certain point forever...as I was when I kept trying to solo Brightstone for that stupid Merry Potters recipe to craft those Moonwater stones...only to never ever ever see it drop. Great design, NCSoft.

7 hours ago, devildawg said:

This IS an mmo after all, materials can take time to get.

Of all the other MMOs I've played, none of them were as time consuming and tedious as this just to upgrade. Not even Aion.

1 hour ago, Ryuuken said:

If you're having a hard time doing any dungeon solo, then you're not geared enough yet to do it. Plain and simple. Find other ways to get the materials you need. They're not going to lessen the requirements just because you're having a hard time.

Wow....so you don't see a problem with them gating a material that people need from Awakened Infernal (Lv36 gear, mind you) behind Lv45 content due to the recipe and materials you need. You see no problem with the fact that now, if you've managed to solo everything up to this point and earn your gear (though for most classes that pretty much stops at Tomb of Exiles because that dungeon is so badly designed), the progression system goes "*cricket* you, now you have to buy it from players that got lucky or be a leech".

Yeah...find other ways. What other ways? Only other way is "grind gold like a bot."

5 hours ago, Skotlex said:

Guys, I didn't post this topic to ask for workarounds to the problem. I have a clan that could help me farm the tears if I so wanted to. I wrote this post to highlight the lack of balance in moonwater tear acquisitions compared to the other items.

Viridian poison / cinderland thorns / silverfrost pots = daily rewards from select blue dungeons

moonwater tears = drops at the end of select blue dungeons

viridian / cinderland / silverfrost pots/bowls = it takes one of the area material to craft five pots/bowls

moonwater pots/bowls = takes five of the material to craft five pots/bowls

This is INCONSISTENT. That's really all there is to it. The advise on how to workaround the issue is appreciated, but I was hoping the issue could actually be addressed. Unless, of course, you already gave up on NCSoft doing anything to fix things.

Indeed. It's surprising how many people are unable to read and comphrend a simple text. I guess the typical nay-sayer doesn't even bother to comprehend and just reacts to key words (like a search machine robot).

6 hours ago, Ryuuken said:

I farm tears all the time. As a Sin with pretty decent gear, 460ap, it's easy. I can do Brightstone Ruins in less than 8mins. I've gotten 3 Merry Potter mw recipes. The tears only drop from the blue dungeons in Moonwater. Tears don't drop in BSH/NSH. If you're having a hard time doing any dungeon solo, then you're not geared enough yet to do it. Plain and simple. Find other ways to get the materials you need. They're not going to lessen the requirements just because you're having a hard time.

Google "Empathy" and try to "obtain" and apply it. Besides, it's a catch 22. How are you able to progress if the dungeon with mats can only be soloed by "higher" geared players. Sure you can use Infernal equipment to get to 50 to make gold and rely - as usual - from the marketplace but can you also imagine the joy of the high-gear players to accept you in their farming group with Infernal gear?  Me neither. But that was NOT the point of the topic.

11 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

you run around, orbs tickle and can be ignored, but when in doubt just kill them, you have plenty of time to do so because the bosses are invulnerable half the time anyway.

11 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

Also, Naryu lab is a long dungeon (As long as Asura) and not soloable. Furthermore that fragment box does not always drop tears, it tends to give gold bars more than anything else.

Yeah, I got 4 boxes yesterday with all the fragments I have accumulated, and got zero tears. Just junk. :(  Even if I can solo Brightstone, I don't have time to run it 5x a day which is my daily use of Tears. So, yeah, I will be buying. That's why the prices are so high, because the yield is so low in the dungeon. Not worth farming.

They should increase the number of drops.

Since Moonwater times I think it's ridiculous drop only one stack of 2. Should drop 2 or 3.

For example: When I was leveling up my Soul Wardens, for make the TS, I was buying everything for the Moonwater ones, but since I started the Silverfrost ones, only stuff I buy it's Quartz, since the rest is hella more obtainable than Tears.

Archived