End-game gear progression question

Ruziro

Deciding if I should return, got to 45 though never got the full end-game gear at 45, got to siren or something then took a long break

Coming back I see there is 50 levels now. Was asking some people how long it'd take to get the new end-game gear and they were saying it would take around  2-3 months of grinding!?!!??! is this true?

18 minutes ago, Ruziro said:

Deciding if I should return, got to 45 though never got the full end-game gear at 45, got to siren or something then took a long break

Coming back I see there is 50 levels now. Was asking some people how long it'd take to get the new end-game gear and they were saying it would take around  2-3 months of grinding!?!!??! is this true?

You could wait for 22nd of June when soul fighter get released and it will bring exp + some unknown yet event, it might be helpful :)

16 minutes ago, Ruziro said:

yes!
run as long as u can and never look back!
or you get addicted like me and you get stuck to the game forever O.O

Yes, we just got the entirety of Act 4, lvl 50 and Hongmoon lvl cap now is 15. You should reach lvl 50 just by doing story quests now. Should be easy enough for you if your gears are at Siren.

But yes, gearing up still is a bottleneck. Now that we're limited to new weapon path past True Profane, it actually got worse. And on, I couldn't care less if that's how it is in other servers, it was a stupid change regardless and that's coming from someone who had to rush to get to Awakened Pirate before that change happened.

Hope you enjoy doing faction content, because Soulstone Plains (or SSP for short) is the only one worth doing... unless you're too undergeared for that, in which case you might want to stick with Misty Woods.

11 minutes ago, SilentOne said:

the question is, do 3 months of grind seems too long for you for full endgame gear?? If yes then im afraid you should not play mmorpgs...

It would depend on which MMORPG though. I can progress through a raid instance once a week for 3 months, even wiping a few dozen times on each boss. I can't run the same dungeon everyday for 3 months (actually probably no more than 2 weeks) to grind, even only doing it once per day.

well... we are forced to do if we want to progress....
And anyway, SF is coming. NCSOFT is gonna wait until the pay2progress players make their gears. after the release for 1months for sure they shouldn't change anything. after that yes. its simple marketing. so okay, lets just wait until NCSOFT can get as much money as they can from the pay2progress ppl, but after one month the pay2progress ppl who wanted those already have done it so after that they can decrease the required materials for the upgrade, untill then no way they will. i actually dont think they will do that ever. I just dont see the point of keeping something hard to reach after they surly cant get any more money out of it. around august, they rlly should consider to change things about the weapon upgrades. but ofc if they did so, they wouldnt announce it weeks earlier cuz then just everyone would wait and and they would not get as much money as they could anyway.
ahh never mind, don't get into it.
we shall see how thing are gonna be.

I'm a casual player, been playing on my fm since launch. I'm lv 50 HM 9 (almost 10), and have 600 AP.  What do u guys expect? To reach max gear, max level, in 1 week? I've seen guildmates being carried in dungeons, and reaching 500+ AP in 1-2 months, which is enough for all the content we have now. 

Ofcourse there are people with 650-700 AP now, either they payed for their gear or have been playing since launch. 

Dont expect to get everything for free, u'll have to work/farm for that, as in any mmorpg.

Archived