Is GameGuard Restricting my Razer Mouse?

BeK

I currently own and use a Razer Naga Epic Chroma mouse. Whenever I launch B&S the illumination on my mouse turns off and stays off during the duration that B&S is being played. As soon as I close out of the B&S client all illumination on the mouse proceeds as if nothing has ever happened. 

Do you think this is a GameGuard issue or maybe a driver issue associated with Synapse?

Thanks.

Synapse and BnS are known to have a poor working relationship.  I turn it off when playing the game as it can cause lag, crashes and FPS issues.  The ancient engine the game is built with along with the pathetic and useless anti cheat tech they force on us means lots of problems with 3rd party programs.

1 hour ago, Randomonium said:

Synapse and BnS are known to have a poor working relationship.  I turn it off when playing the game as it can cause lag, crashes and FPS issues.  The ancient engine the game is built with along with the pathetic and useless anti cheat tech they force on us means lots of problems with 3rd party programs.

Turning off Synapse will make my mouse useless as non of my bindings would work.

i have a razer naga 2014, it works just fine. i also played another game wich used game guard and didnt have problems either (using the old naga at the time, the blue one)

2 hours ago, Randomonium said:

It DOES CAUSE those issues or it CAN CAUSE?

14 hours ago, ArcanumZodiak said:

i have a razer naga 2014, it works just fine. i also played another game wich used game guard and didnt have problems either (using the old naga at the time, the blue one)

It DOES CAUSE those issues or it CAN CAUSE?

Can cause as I stated.  I have seen reports of crashes and even NC themselves state it can prevent the game from even running.  My worst experiences are freezes and bouts of lag that I don't see when it's disabled.  As BeK says though, if you have custom settings as many users do, they wont be available on your mouse or keyboard that requires synapse.  Your mouse and kb will still work, but will use the default settings for buttons.  It seems to be a tradeoff.  I actually had to move to using a logitech mouse for the game as their software doesn't seem to have the same problems synapse (but still a bloated mess of an app).

I play with the same mouse and did not have problems with freezes/lag. The lights are on, and the keybinds remained the same as in my layout from another game. I just secondary-bound all the skill keys to the mouse. The worst thing I see is that sometimes skill 1 do not fire if I press 1-2 in a quick succession, but it is probably me, not the mouse/interface since razor is a bit tight.

One point to note is that the game itself doesn't seem to be the problem with synapse.  As with most in game problems we see it's gameguard that seems to be at fault here.  In the brief periods when they disabled it in the game I was able to run synapse without issue.

Archived