Angler's watch server is doomed.

Rakamakafo

Angler's watch server has only 1 faction left. Cerulean couldn't do ssp for 2 months while crim 24/7 and when i say 2 months i mean it. Everyone try to join crimson faction because they cant progress with their gear if they stay in ceru. So bsc those who higher lvl join crimson to progress further and new comers join cerulean because they dont know what is happening later game.

So i want to know if in any near future ill be able to change server having my current char? Maybe NCsoft will ever merge servers or balance factions somehow? Is there any server u can recommend which has the most balanced factions and stay stable most of the time?

It's pretty much like this on every server, either Crimson being on top of vice versa it's Ceru who are dominating SSP. I seriously want to know if any of the other versions of BnS had the same kind of issue with faction balances or are EU/NA people just that stupid/greedy...

Many possible measurements could be done to minimize the current absurd imbalance population, but BnS don't seems to acknowledge this as an issue for one bit.

I asked about it on page 3, I do hope more upvotes significantly increase the chance for them to at least acknowledge this as a problem.

But of course, unless they ignore it.

35 minutes ago, DyvorKurozu said:

It's pretty much like this on every server, either Crimson being on top of vice versa it's Ceru who are dominating SSP. I seriously want to know if any of the other versions of BnS had the same kind of issue with faction balances or are EU/NA people just that stupid/greedy...

Well, pretty sure if players were able to play worldwide with no ping issues NA/EU would have no players. NA/eu service is poor (only my thoughts) But not much we can do about it. They have other more "prioritised" things to do.

29 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

Many possible measurements could be done to minimize the current absurd imbalance population, but BnS don't seems to acknowledge this as an issue for one bit.

I asked about it on page 3, I do hope more upvotes significantly increase the chance for them to at least acknowledge this as a problem.

But of course, unless they ignore it.

i did

Yes, I'd say it is the same on every server.

That's what you get when you lock upgrade materials behind specific content.

People that don't want to play that part of the content will look for the easy way to get their materials.

They should seperate Soulstone and Moonstone gathering from FactionPvP.

Why haven't they done so already? Well, I guess they are afraid that nobody would do FactionPvP anymore, and they would have to admit that they created content that nobody cares about.

Guys, this is NOT a pvp game in open world.  It is only a pvp game if you do the arena. 

SSP is a pve area that happens to allow pvp griefing.  That is all.  The basic design of the area with its wandering "instant death" mobs basically means there can be no real pvp.  Any I ever see any real fight going on, someone gets inevitably pulled into a wandering mob of death, and the fight ends.  Any time I see someone try and fight over a meteor, someone inevitably gets killed by an NPC as well. 

Basic point -- stop getting your panties up in a ruffle over the factions.  Just join the high pop faction and get your quests done.  If you want to pvp go to the arena. 

:)

8 minutes ago, Princess Piggietails said:

-

By your logic, they might as well just remove the entire faction total failure mess system as this faction design no longer and has never serve any logical purpose nor its intended design. On top of that, they ruined the progression and gameplay experiences of a part of the player base, especially the new players for no logical reason at freaking all.

The factions are fine, what they need to do is make a wide open area where you can pvp without getting instantly killed by NPCs. 

Think along the lines of the RVR lakes in Warhammer Online.  It had huge wide open pvp areas where the objectives had to be held by players, not instant death NPC's. 

2 hours ago, Xelo said:

Yes, I'd say it is the same on every server.

That's what you get when you lock upgrade materials behind specific content.

People that don't want to play that part of the content will look for the easy way to get their materials.

They should seperate Soulstone and Moonstone gathering from FactionPvP.

Why haven't they done so already? Well, I guess they are afraid that nobody would do FactionPvP anymore, and they would have to admit that they created content that nobody cares about.

agree

2 hours ago, Princess Piggietails said:

Guys, this is NOT a pvp game in open world.  It is only a pvp game if you do the arena. 

SSP is a pve area that happens to allow pvp griefing.  That is all.  The basic design of the area with its wandering "instant death" mobs basically means there can be no real pvp.  Any I ever see any real fight going on, someone gets inevitably pulled into a wandering mob of death, and the fight ends.  Any time I see someone try and fight over a meteor, someone inevitably gets killed by an NPC as well. 

Basic point -- stop getting your panties up in a ruffle over the factions.  Just join the high pop faction and get your quests done.  If you want to pvp go to the arena. 

well u are full of nonsense, just enjoy your pve in silence

4 hours ago, Princess Piggietails said:

The factions are fine, what they need to do is make a wide open area where you can pvp without getting instantly killed by NPCs. 

Think along the lines of the RVR lakes in Warhammer Online.  It had huge wide open pvp areas where the objectives had to be held by players, not instant death NPC's. 

...wat?

On the server I play on the Crimson is the dominant faction and do SSP more than Cerulean, but when Ceruleans wants to do SSP we push the Crimsons out (sometimes go end their SSP or Tent boss).  Not to mention Ceruleans usually don't come unless someone starts mining phase....

12 hours ago, Quantum said:

On the server I play on the Crimson is the dominant faction and do SSP more than Cerulean, but when Ceruleans wants to do SSP we push the Crimsons out (sometimes go end their SSP or Tent boss).  Not to mention Ceruleans usually don't come unless someone starts mining phase....

what server is this?

On the server I am on it's the Cerulean that dominates SSP. Crimson has numbers but Cerulean has Pvp'ers who don't mind taking on large groups.

Most evenings it's around 5 of us taking on 20 Crimsons and we still manage to kill them and take away their ability to kill the Big Boar boss.

Downside about it it's on a rotation so everyone will join the Cerulean side, Do SSP and then people will get annoying because so many people join it. Then they switch faction and do it again on Crimson. Rinse and repeat.

I enjoy the Faction warfare as much as the next player, and the large-scale battles I've been to during the SSP are beaut. But I am a practical woman, so I have an alt on each faction. Yes, it hurts to gear up, but there is no other way of doing business for me. If I can't kill boar on Cerulean during prime, I will do key farming on the masterful 2-channel capture cycling that goes on at a particular time of day on the Crimson. It's not the soulstones that is hard to get in this game, it's the keys.

21 hours ago, Princess Piggietails said:

pretty much sums it up, there is no point in starting a fight against the other faction, you get no prestige from players unless they already have some.

There is no point in attacking the other players if they try to harass you while mining, you will miss dmg on the bosses and get no questloot and waste an hour of your time because you have to do it all again.

You can't really fight the other faction off because the hide inside the terrors that will 1-shot you, or even worse you get grabbed by a forcemaster or blade dancer and thrown inside them if you dare to get too close to them.

the only thing you need to defend is the mining machine or the Boar will not spawn anymore, but the mining machine is so damn weak a single summoner once managed to kill it. 

misty wood at least gave you a small reason to do outdoor PvP for the 10 kill daily quest, but for real... i'd rather switch a channel that is dominated by my faction before getting ganked for an hour just to finish some daily quests.

22 hours ago, Princess Piggietails said:

A small dedicated team who understands ssp mining mechanics can shut down an entire opposing faction's round-the-clock harvesting very quickly.

Single players who know what they are doing can get away from the "instant death mobs," and the death isn't very instant unless your gear or skills blow.  3 parties on a small contested server killed all the enemy terrors on ssp except for ak bul, and this was when they had 27mill hp instead of 6mill like now.

A fundamental mistake people make, esp when playing these mixed content NcSoft games is considering player vs player arena combat as the only pvp or <truly> competitive aspect of the game.  Everything is competitive.  If someone else can 3man lair in 6 minutes and your best group can only 4man it in 10 minutes they are making twice the gold/stingers/drops/hour as you are.  If you underprice or overpay on the market, someone is beating your profits from buying and selling.  If you take 80 matches to make plat and someone else makes diamond in that same number they are beating you not just in standing but in earnings.   SSP, battlegrounds, crafting, farming mats, the market, dungeon runs, open world aoe, arena are all competitive aspects of the game and you can choose where and how well you compete.  Hint: The "easy" way out is usually the least effective.

sorry but the situation is far beyond that point on SC. No SSP possible for the underdog cerulean, even with highest efforts. It's dead. no more, no less. 

The last ceruleans left are those who stick with their clan in pve, arena or bots or just non-ssp players. End of the story.

Is this working as intended? 

If yes, please remove faction restriction and let everyone change to the majority. And let us transfer our ranked Clans too! Done. 

If no, seriously come up with something asap! Enough Suggestions where made. Go for it, yesterday!!!

• 4 weeks later...

Is this really a problem? Open world pvp has always been a nuisance. Yes you could be a griefer and stop other players from doing their quests while getting no reward for doing so, but then you realize that it's simply not worth your time. (It's not like Aion where you can get the best pvp gear from preying on noobs that are trying to level and do quests xD)

Archived