Share your story about meeting good players

JoannaRamira

As in title.. well though we know that BnS have ppl that are simply douche, thick, flaming, aggressive, rushers etc... But that's not representing the whole player base.  On the way i'm also meet numbers of helpful, nice and playful players with non-toxic play style, HM-8-9 player that are actually WILLING to do Sundered Nexus PUG and actually line up the mechanics for us.  Some people i met even went as far as actually waiting for me to return from DC and willing to use world portal instead of X-server. They eventually become sort of static party of mine.

So feel free to share stories about them in this thread. :3 no need to mention name, maybe just general description, his/her class or server.  We need more infusion of positive energy.  and there's no need to be in same guild as yours... basically just everyone.

I really appreciate these people. I feel yes that there are seems to be no incentive of being a nice and helpful person. Yes that helpin peeps running NSH may not yield more stingers or gold. They can just simply leave and join their own guild and get the job done possibly with no wipe outs. But still.

When you guys or your party stumble upon that kind of person.. treasure him/her, respect and listen to their advice. Plus they often do very good tanking. That would help you learn the boss moves and mechanics.  help supporting them with any available resources you have. have heroic charm, use it, or simply keep the chat box positive. Plus don't expect to be carried.  and i noticed that these people are not bossy types. they take time to explain and line up stuff.

The first of first of mine is a KFM i met at NSH and efleet.  She's energetic, supportive and most importantly persistence. We then often run NSH and Efleet together.  We formed very good relationship and often chat together.  She later helped our learning party in Yeti.  Yes we still got wiped out several times But she persist. The party was also good, with a BM that willing to line us with mechs.   In our botched (thanks to DC fest) the only thing stopped her from trying further is family business.  Well she's now an AP Goddess with almost 550ap at hand.. gotta catch on her soon maybe X3 (im still 499 atm) So when we party together she would not always end up being one taking aggro X3.

Another is that FM from Jughadoo that i detailed in my other thread X3 I should greet her sometime.

Next would be  a sin that i met at NSH. We often see each other but never really talked.. only after a sum "mediated" us we started talking and basically they become my new static party. Doing things together, try 3 manning Yeti and various small bosses.  The sin is exceptionally wise and talkative.  and we share similar traits of like to do things new way. We almost got wiped out at Naryu lab trying to "play" with minou mechanics.   But hey after that we got quite a cleansheet in our naryu run. and even able to teach new players (Yes there still exist new peeps running it 4 moonwater soul and SS) 

The sin are also well aware of my serious 1000 132 10054 problem.. and guess what. She actually waited for me.. last time i got 3 times DC from necro.. she's still there and invited me back.  She's also the one teaching me a bit about how sin pvp work.. end up with 28 rounds of match at Snowforest Monastery.. where i died 25 times and i only managed to ward her 3 times X3. Plus she doesn't mind along with me doing MM and Poh in the day before they turn daily.

The third would be that lv 50 Hm4 sum X3. We also met at NSH along with that sin. Well she's very supportive.. i joined her discord channel and yeah. We (me and that sin) need to help her prop up to state that we can actually work her cat as tank in 4 man XD.

and let's not forget some peeps from other server that actually visited me from there.  Gotta visit dem server in Hao District and Mushin some time X3

Next would be a group i met at NSH.. When doing my "public service" activity.. as a friend asked me for more manpower to spawn MM.  So MM spawn.. and I plead to ppl in arena for not to announce it in faction chat or guild chat to prevent or reduce overloading.  Guess what ..THEY COMPLY.  The run was successful No new peeps suddenly pop out of nowhere. and everyone working to spawn the boss (including me) Got the loot.  Maybe it's because the time difference But still i see a light of hope.

Well there are many more i have but..i think it should be a good start.

The game may have many issues and things that looks unfair and painful. But with those kind of people around.. it make stuff much more bearable. and i wish there would be more and more of them in the future.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well last night I was bored and not sleepy so i logged on my summoner, que for necro. When I am usually bored I talk a lot in chat... so.. I did that. To my surprise one of them actually responded. The entire run we talked dirty to each other and declared our undying love...XD!

well it was fun... i guess.

38 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

well last night I was bored and not sleepy so i logged on my summoner, que for necro. When I am usually bored I talk a lot in chat... so.. I did that. To my surprise one of them actually responded. The entire run we talked dirty to each other and declared our undying love...XD!

well it was fun... i guess.

It's always fun to see active chatbox.. :3

sooo other than my guild which helps me out with all my annoying nub questions..........., the ONLY nice/good person/player in this game to me was a random person in faction chat. At around 5:00 pm yesterday I was asking people about gems in faction chat, and whats good for my character (KFM), and someone said something about gems being 450 gold.... and was talking about really like endgame gems......I was like... I have 10 gold.....WTF lol.............. then i just stopped talking for a while because of quests and other people's conversations on faction chat.

anyway..... about 5min or so after i stopped talking in faction chat I noticed that I had received mail........ YEP it was a GEM, a ruby, not an expensive one, but a decent one, better than the one I had, .......... for FREE!, I thanked the person, but she said no worries and not to thank her ect..... well I realized today how to make gems and a lot more about them in fact. The truth is It wasent a really big deal what that person did, the gem she sent was less than 1 gold, which to everyone in endgame is like pennies but to me who has a total of 15gold atm, its a lot.

God bless the the endgame person who took 2min out of her day, 2 send me a gem and help me. without me asking or begging for it.

5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

When I try to chat I always get "Can you stfu?" Q_Q Why I always meet the selfish people who don't like talking and especially don't want to help? Q_Q

Come to master hong. and i'll patch you to our chat party X3  No worries we are all talkative.

Oh and if your character were happen to be a cute Lynn.. Our sin may take a liking at you :3

13 minutes ago, Solidarius said:

sooo other than my guild which helps me out with all my annoying nub questions..........., the ONLY nice/good person/player in this game to me was a random person in faction chat. At around 5:00 pm yesterday I was asking people about gems in faction chat, and whats good for my character (KFM), and someone said something about gems being 450 gold.... and was talking about really like endgame gems......I was like... I have 10 gold.....WTF lol.............. then i just stopped talking for a while because of quests and other people's conversations on faction chat.

anyway..... about 5min or so after i stopped talking in faction chat I noticed that I had received mail........ YEP it was a GEM, a ruby, not an expensive one, but a decent one, better than the one I had, .......... for FREE!, I thanked the person, but she said no worries and not to thank her ect..... well I realized today how to make gems and a lot more about them in fact. The truth is It wasent a really big deal what that person did, the gem she sent was less than 1 gold, which to everyone in endgame is like pennies but to me who has a total of 15gold atm, its a lot.

God bless the the endgame person who took 2min out of her day, 2 send me a gem and help me. without me asking or begging for it.

God Bless.

Yeah. such ppl are rare ;w;

We were in necro 4, in defending phase.

Things go wrong when Lycan slayer is slayed. I did the part for him

Then the Soul Ward defender die. I asked the failed Lycan slayer to assist the Soul Ward

Once again, both of them died, lol. The Blood Ward defender felt it hopeless, and decided to quit.

Desperately, I recruited randomly, and got a geared summoner. Instead of just quitting when seeing the situation where two people died and two wards down, he stayed with us to the end, helping to defend remaining wards.

In the end, we succeed the run. The loot was not so bad with a few extra stingers, but it was nice to know there are still people who will go with you to the end, aside from rage quitters that quit upon the first signal of failure.

3 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

Come to master hong. and i'll patch you to our chat party X3  No worries we are all talkative.

Oh and if your character were happen to be a cute Lynn.. Our sin may take a liking at you :3

God Bless.

If only I didn't have my 588 AP lyn on Spirit's Rest I would join. I got too high AP to leave to another server (and region). :C

17 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

When I try to chat I always get "Can you stfu?" Q_Q Why I always meet the selfish people who don't like talking and especially don't want to help? Q_Q

And then start singing! Don't stop♪ believing♫ tu tu tu tuuuu♪

To you angry player

If your life is very sad♫
With me don't be mad♪
Cause for the whole fight i will siiiing♪

You want to rush to the end♪
But i just want to pretend♪
That the people are not sh******t♪

I love you♪
You don't love me♪
From my low AP you want flee♫
But i don't caaare cause i'll just siiiiiiing♪

[ending with fireworks and exploding pets]

9 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

We were in necro 4, in defending phase.

Things go wrong when Lycan slayer is slayed. I did the part for him

Then the Soul Ward defender die. I asked the failed Lycan slayer to assist the Soul Ward

Once again, both of them died, lol. The Blood Ward defender felt it hopeless, and decided to quit.

Desperately, I recruited randomly, and got a geared summoner. Instead of just quitting when seeing the situation where two people died and two wards down, he stayed with us to the end, helping to defend remaining wards.

In the end, we succeed the run. The loot was not so bad with a few extra stingers, but it was nice to know there are still people who will go with you to the end, aside from rage quitters that quit upon the first signal of failure.

Great people is great :3

Well i wish i could do the same for a necro run (though 6-men)... Im the only HM-7 in the run... things went rough. Most of peeps quit. we down to 4 people. leader decided to recruit but no ppl or they just left after join.  I decided to salvage the run by only doing Lycan.  Give the SS to lowest lvl among us before we disband. ;w;

7 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

If only I didn't have my 588 AP lyn on Spirit's Rest I would join. I got too high AP to leave to another server (and region). :C

I got an idea :3

How about sometime you take break and visit low lvl areas like Cinderlands field bosses deva and pinchy :3 and basically just farm together with peeps there.   they might be very happy to meet you there.

Another dg to look at is efleet and nsh. usually there are peeps lookin for Mak Dagul. Join them..no need for party just use /say chat. and greet everyone.

odds are you will find some friends :3

Before the whole 50 patch and before blackram I played quite religiously on this game to the point I got a 37 FM on taywong rather quickly compaired to the constant idling and chatting I did while I helped people whom haven't played other versions of this game.  Explaining how this game was a bit diffrent than most others in terms that practicing a lot with a character and finding builds that suit them was sometimes the best choice.  In this event of sharing knowledge I was running around and just hit about 20ish and got to the point the quests asked me to enter Blackram Narrows.  They realized I was the one talking up a storm about how some classes and how they work in terms of the various classes they can excell in, and sharing my knowlage about FM's expecially.  THey partied up with me, and we got a team running.  Not all the team was 'great' in terms of the various common respect ideals of MMO's but that was part of the trip.  Anyways, durring that run we had a rusher who thought he could solo Narrows at lvl 25, only to find out the first boss and the trash mobs ate him up in seconds.  Me and this destroyer, the one I mentioned earlier.  Came in, cleaned out the room of the trash mobs and he took aggro while I took my FM to pick up the guy up and explain what he did wrong calmly.  As he watched us not only clean the room out, but also pick him up in the process he thanked us and politly moved to aid in the first boss.  I took the role of CC so I worked for the majority of the time halting the trash and burning them down so the destroyer could stay alive and the other guy who rushed aided with DPS.  The other team mate we picked up was still learning the ropes himself, so the destroyer stopped the team from proceeding and asked the guy to ask any questions he wished.  Between me and the destroyer we were able to help the guy out, including letting him realize you can switch roles even in a dungeon for free.  Once he was straightened out the whole team of nothing more than a Destroyer, FM, Sin, and BD made short work of the run till we got to the end boss.  Of course, witht hem not knowing the mechanics yet, and I had played on teh RU version before.  Only to wait so long till this version came out.  I told them to be careful, and that I couldn't remember exactly how it worked anymore.  Our first attempt was a full wipe, but me and the BD stayed down there due to the 1000 error.  The destroyer and the sin carefully made their way to res, and we explained a little about joint attacking.  Seeing that that was one of the major mechanics.  After that we made it to hsi second stage and stood there for a second due to lag only to be wiped again from being suprized by the second stage.  Which again I completly forgot about.  Then as we rezed up again I explained exactly how it would work, and told the destroyer to try to keep the boss from being near the dragon blood just incase.  The sin and BD pushed the DPS, as I flipped to hybrid building and worked to help with minor DPS to burn it quicker.  In the end we all finished our first NA narrows, and the destroyer ran a few more runs with me even though he was the lucky one as well as myself to get the weapon.  But his willingness to take the aggro even though he was at the current time build straight DPS made a rusher go from toxic to thankful just because it gave me enough fo a window to pick him up.  He also gave me time to explain to a BD a few minor early game details about his class so he could learn more about it int he long run.  

For a more recent one, I returned after 4 months of not playing due to rl issues and found four good players.  Two on each server of Taywong, where my FM is, and Poh where my new WL is due to having old friends from games before I played BnS.  First the Poh guys.  As we all know, right now there are very few new players coming in, and if they are, they are swarming the newer servers over the older ones.  With having a brand new warlock to play with I realized the server was rather empty int he early game.  And unfortunatly the 1000 errors have become frquent once again.  Proboly due to the new update.  I met two destroyers.  A lvl 20, and one that was the same lvll I was.  We randomly found another via the Jangshi Stalker at the graveyard.  And we partied togeather from then on.  For the whole night we worked to lvl myself and the destroyer and catch eachother up on quests.  WIth both being fairly new to the game I offered advice as  I normally do and explained some of the quests.  However witht eh 1000 error they were willing to wait so I can get in without too many loading screens.  And when I did get one, I would always DC.  Trust me it's just as frustrating to be on the receiving end as it is to be on the side watching it happen.  We eventually set up a TS3 temporarally to let eachother knwo when I DC'd and moved on to our way to Jadestone.  Hitting every dungeon in the way as carefully as possible.  Now the lvl 20 Destroyer tended to help a bit witht he bosses, but let us do most of the dmg while he just stood there staring it int he eyes and hitting it a couple times to keep aggro.  Where eh could have gone off to lvl himself, he spent 5 hours with me and this new destroyer while we lvled.  Eventually he had to go to bed, and me and the low lvl destroyer proceeded on.  Finishing each daily in the jadestone village area before logging ourselves out.  Their paitence alone and willingness to learn a few things was nice on it's own.

Then there was the two in Taywong.  I almost forgot to post this one.  Anyways, as we all knwo FM's are very perticular on many things.  Creating a little bit of interesting skill capping to be in place.  You can know them inside and out, but when you pick one up at lvl 37 after 4 months of not playing them.  You tend to lose muscle memory.  Being the player who don't follow cookie cutter builds.  I ran a hybrid build that was a bit more advanced for my own good in terms of coming back.  Making my way to a quest while I waited on crafting to finish, only to find out what I was crafting couldn't be sent cross server mail to my WL that I stated above.  I went to just do some quests and see if I could still pull off playing the very versitile but hard to learn FM of mine.  Saddly I was in Razorpine, and we all know hwo Yes Men are in terms of damage output for chars of their lvl.  Needless to say I died, and went to chi... only to draw aggro right as I got back up and died again.  To attempt to get away i crawled downt he cliff by the Fight Club and was spawned on top of basicly right as I hit the 1 button to chi.  I called out in faction saying if anyone was int eh area I would apreciate a res basicly.  Not my actual words... more like a distressed sigh and somone replying in faction chat.  Only for me to explain the issue after they asked if I needed help.  Come to find out the help was a 48 or 49 Destroyer.  They cleaned the area, due to the area in question was always a pain in terms of being over populated with Yes Men.  Resulting in overlapping LoS.  Then proceeded to pick me up.  Though I asked for a res, the destroyer stayed and asked if I needed more help and I told them I had a quest in the fight club.  Like me they too had the 1000 error so we talked about it while we waited a few minutes to let the buffer to kick in for a smooth transition.   Then we moved forth to dot he quest, well I was more trying to remember my combos while the destroyer kept too many mobs from aggroing on me.  Finishing a couple missions int he club in total before we were done.  We talked about a few issues this games had backa nd forth between updates, like more about the 1000 error and what it was as well as a visual bug that she(chara wise) had when I used meteor storm and they not see it.  Upon exiting I got a bit of rubberbanding and went to find an NPC to sell my almost full inventory too of junk items only for me to be killed by the elusive invisible yes Men.  Then be dranw back tot hat little camp by it.Again the destroyer tot eh rescue.  Helped res me while I chi'd up.  And trust me I used to solo witht aht FM a lot.  Nothing worse than feeling like a Noob on a character that you once knew every littl trick on.  They DCed saddly and their guildie came around the same time to pick up the pace, and again mainly due to my death.  Then being respawned on when I thought I was safe.  This was a lvl 50 Sin, and I never did catch the HM lvl on either.  The sin helped me out and realized just how squishy FM's could be at lvl 37 by how much HP the Yes Menw ere taking.  The sin aided me in making a path so I can turn int eh quests and proceeded on to help with getting me to the next.  Which was one of the solo zones.  Finding the solo zone a bit eaisier I worked to regain my understanding of my build as I talked to them, by this time the destroyer had returned and was reinvited tot he party.  The casual talk while I grinded the solo dungeon made it go a bit quicker than it actually was.  I don't mind soloing when I must, but sometimes a party run in event he easiest of things can make it much more enjoyable.   

I do applologize for the typos, but at this point I am too tired to correct them.  I will proboly fix them when I wake up or something.

Playing on my own since the Launch day,still have no one on my Friend list aside from blocked bots.

I did run into some decent ppl but I don't really friend list others unless they want to,then I accept it but I'm generally not a chatty person.

Not really talking in faction chat either,sometimes I ask stuff myself or answer questions if I can but thats about it.

Week ago or so I did a Cold Storage run where I ran into a guild from my server and they asked me if I'm interested in joining but I kindly refused it as I have no intentions on playing this game that seriously so the no guild thing is pretty much by my choice.

But yea I agree,its good to see that there are still some good ppl around in this rotten mess:P

Back in April or so i did the unthinkable and turn on the toxic and childish Faction chat, amongst all the garbage chat like you would see in Arena when it was full of people and they were just talking poop to each other, i asked how was anyone supposed to be able to do Misty Woods for the weapon upgrade of siren and the necklace and after some of the poop talk subsiding someone mentioned they needed a few also and brought some people form their clan so our underdog faction could survive trying to get the insignia before we got swarmed and harassed by other players of the opposing faction.

it was a rare thing, and i think because Faction, like most chats are just full of senseless chatter and garbage talking.

After that in Cinderlands going back to get those insignia for the sunglasses, i met the opposing faction member and we started fighting each other as we crossed conflicts at the soulstones and AOEs happen. After it was done we went to work alone deeper in enemy territory so as not to be in each others way and conversed the whole time, until my faction showed up more.. in the way of lots of bots. then they had to move to another channel to continue farming insignia, but we kept chatting the whole time and even friended each other.

so faction breeds toxicity in the masses, but there are some that see it as a method for PVE that adds a little something and CAN enjoy PVP without making faction based things a negative play experience for other players.

I like a few regulars on my server in SSP, the guys who call the SSP to start, recruit and call directions to the troupes. Even when not grouped up, I make a point of ressing them or throwing petals around if they are down, in hopes it helps. My current favorite SSP-warrior is a Sin from obviously my server, Iksanun. Capturing in a 6M comp at odd times of day and managing to bring people over just before it's all lost, or fending off the reds does create a desire to get each-other's back. I know a lot of folks do not like the SSP, but I really enjoy it, particularly when it doesn't go smooth, and we do have to fight for it & change the plans. The game is too monotonous otherwise.

For the raids, coming from a healer background, I have a particular affection for tanks, and a couple of times I saw folks that acted like they were main-tanking for a long time in the other games. Map marking, waiting, r-checks, keeping agro, turning the boss & keeping it put, you can pick those guys out of a thousand of other players. Saw about three of them. One in an early run of a pot dogs dungeon, one - in a Nightshade harbor and another - in a BHS run. The guy in the early pot-dog dungeon who actually drew a smiley face on the map by indicating the points & directions as we went, to this day is my MVP. It was super-early in my playing BnS, so I did not do the whole friend thing, and dunno who the player was :)

Overall, I miss in the BnS the pocket-healer role, as much as some people despise it. I had the best times in MMOs playing a pocket healer in PvP &  to friends or a player that I did not know personally but played with often and liked or saw on the leaderboards. I have a bit of a hero-worship thing for PvPers, lol. So, yeah... I miss healing hugely & the objective-based PvP and screw BnS for not equalizing the 6 vs. 6.

I wish I had a good story. Everytime I run a dungeon for the first time I announce it though and usually someone steps up and speaks. I usually watch a video first but I announce it as like a disclaimer if I die a few times. I always thank the person that tries to teach too.

But haven't met anyone memorable unfortunately, which is sad because I would be very receptive to a friendship.

It's always hard to find people talkative in Cross Server. They most of the time just wanna do the Daily and run away, that's why now i don't ever bother to talk when i'm in cross server, all i say is "Hi" but if someone start talking i'll sure respond and enjoy.

It's so rare to meet funny people in this game ! 

I'm really not surprised how little people have contributed to this thread because I can say I've got a long list of people who I can contribute to this awesome list (that made me smile by the way and be a little jealous you guys are meeting the amazing people and I get the deadshits mostly) but I feel a little certain KFM on Ebon Hall deserves a shout out....

We met in E Fleet and I was lagging like crazy and I'm pretty sure to everyone else I looked like a total noob trying not to die waiting for my skills to finally go off. We partied up and they helped me finished E Fleet THEN the lunatic said 'Wanna do Blackram Supply?' To be honest I wouldn't have even dreamed of it with the current state of my skill delay or lag and had never done it on West before.... but even though I told them flat out I'd probably die A LOT and screw up mechanics and I'd be the worst FM on the planet the next second I get an invite to a dungeon lobby so I just sighed, yoloed and..... we did blackram supply.

I have unfortunately not see that person on my friends list being online in forever nor have I see the other 2 friends I'd mention in this list in forever either, we'd always chat if we were online, do stuff together etc.... Sad this game lost the nice players that I knew first....

I have quite a few great stories, but I'm too lazy to type them. What I will say is that as above when I was still logging on regularly the great people who contributed to them were no longer logging on and as of a while back neither am I. Shame that those gewd times are ovah.

None about me and my Summoner Red Kao? ;(

Well I had an interesting time in Yeti. It was my first time and another Summoner blamed me for dazing the Yeti with my 2 skill (Which I had no points in, requires 3). He left as well as someone else when we wiped the first time. Then a KFM spent the next 10 minutes explaining to me the mechanics and what to expect from his AoE. We done it the second time.

My laptop is still unfortunately in the repairman..gonna check soon.. and hope he hasn't formatted it's C drive yet.

Im on my sis's laptop now.. though it's not for gaming purpose.

--------------------

Anyway i think i have told this story before about a group of helpful destro i met in my quest for True profane weapons. 

But let's go with it.

So at the Orchard of souls.  There were people there including me and those destro group farming for weapons.  The farm was fun and enjoyable with active chatbox. But soon those people leave as they got their required upgrade weapon. Leaving me and those destro group. I tried to reach on them but none answered my chat and their names are kind of... undescribe able.

These people however are very competent in their job. Tanking the profane, CC'ed him, grabbed him.. lay wrath on him.. and killing him..with ruthless efficiency. I'm so amazed  at their competency, and wish i could do the same thing as them (I'm a destro too)

Finally i got my Profane weapon. I'm really grateful to those people. I thanked them but they didn't reply ;w;.. maybe they just think "ah it's our job"  or simply do not speak english.

i wish i could meet them again in the future.

those people dont reply because , they are bots, or computer programs, im guessing you know this and think you are being funny, but the joke will be on you soon my friend

These people however are very competent in their job. Tanking the profane, CC'ed him, grabbed him.. lay wrath on him.. and killing him..with ruthless efficiency. I'm so amazed  at their competency, and wish i could do the same thing as them (I'm a destro too)

If you have played enough mmorpg's you realize that these people are the virus that will eventually end this game... at first they help players by camping world boss's, making materials easier to obtain, and in there own little way lowering some prices in the marketplace.......... BUT after a while the Truth comes out, inflation and other economic realities set in, and BOOM, collapse, crazy prices ect..... BYEBYE World. 

dont worry you will meet them again in the future, it will be you and them all alone together living in harmony in a far far away world we  used to call Blade&Soul.

p.s. i find it *cricket*ed up that that you actually are grateful to bots. , and 10/10 it was pretty good story.

Archived