Forums

Is this game PvP-based?

TheHumji

So, I came across this thread and it got me worried about.

Unable to reach Oathbreaker

I am currently about level 30-ish and going to reach the late game soon (or maybe?). Basically from this thread, from what I understand is you need to do PvP in order to upgrade oathbreaker weapon, necklace and HM skills. PvP is the only way, there is no way for PvE. I am purely PvE player and I do not do PvP at all so I was thinking if it's true? Is this game really PvP based? If it's true, I think imma quit soon. 

Thanks in advance.

I wouldn't call that PvP since those tokens are obtained by killing opposite faction NPC bosses. I don't know about other servers but in my server Misty Woods, most of the time is empty which makes farming those tokens quite easy. You can ask for help in your faction chat.

Yes you don't need to pvp to upgrade or farm gold. Some sections of pve can flag you for pvp but that's usually not a problem if you are on the right faction. Which could take a few minutes of spamming the faction changer if your on the low end faction. The amount of npc boss insignias needed to get those items from the misty woods faction shop are pretty small too.

2 minutes ago, TheHumji said:

Let's say if I do not do PvP at all, am I still able to upgrade my weapon to oathbreaker and farm gold?

Absolutely. Right now, for you, there is only one weapon upgrade path in game, which does NOT require buying the misty woods weapon from the PvP vendor. The OP of that thread was on the older siren-pirate weapon path, which is no longer available to characters who were not on it already before June 1st.

However, the necklace, at Awakened Siren stage, would require PvP insignia to buy the breakthrough piece. I wouldn't worry about it, because you'd be level 50+ and can solo those NPCs (note: NPCs, not players) with ease when the time comes, if you ever want to upgrade the necklace at all.

I see I see so is it still advisable to play as a melee? As in I can do some basic gold farm, weapon breakthrough to final stage etc etc. I am more of a casual player than hardcore player though. Need not to be a lot of gold but sufficient stuffs/gold for me to survive. Because I got problem solo-ing those green dungeons starting from the sentinel ruins onward so I was thinking if BD would do better than FM.

Dungeons from cinderlands onwards become a bit of a pain to solo at level for most classes that aren't amazing at survival. You aren't supposed to solo them on level. Play the class you like and remember most classes get some big additions to damage and survival in the post level 30 skills. Force Master is one of those classes that gets big help from them.  Outside of the annoyance in soul stone plains you don't really need to worry about melee status as they do just fine in the other areas.

Archived