Forums

Another good content creator quits...and here's why

LadyViera

2 hours ago, Zerecas said:

Get a 4 man party from some good profile clanmates.  Every dungeons you guys do, let one person take it, and in case you have doubt about it. Write down how many stingers have dropped, and afterward split it to 4 players. That way everyone on the party are entitled for the Stingers. If your clan mates dishonour the split, you can tell the clan ain't worth it. You have True Breeze and Oathbreaker accessories, I'm pretty sure that is enough for 4 man Yeti>Necropolis>Lair.

I do not. That's my long-term goal :) I am lots of gold short of the accessories, and lots of stingers short of the weapon. I have Awakened Oathbreaker, and somewhere on the True Siren leg for my accessories. I also really do not want to play 4M, as it places too much stress on each player, and I will never have enough skill to do it. I am an old lady and my gaming prowess is limited, I am the first person to acknowledge that :)

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Whoah! I've learned much about this game from that guy. I haven't played the game for quite some time now and it looks to me like I won't be coming back at all, seeing as so many good people are leaving it... Too bad, it was fun while it lasted. Cya guys!

P.S. These points he made were basically all the things numerous players and threads were stating or stated on this forum at points in time.

The 500+ AP white knights are out in force in this thread. None of us taking issue with the game expect to be at the top playing two hours a day, we simply don't want to be required to play 8 hours a day to stay relevant. It's cool if you ran with the right clan from the start and got rich, evolved your gear quickly, and never fell behind, but you will never, ever be part of the majority if that's how you play. The worst thing, honestly, is that while all the casuals and semi-serious players understand exactly what it takes to be where you are you seem incapable of understanding that some people just don't have the desire to no-life in order to stay relevant in a game or toss money out there to actually be able to enjoy more than one character at a time.

Telling the rest of us that we've never played MMOs, that we need to deal with it, etc, is fine, just don't be upset when you're the only ones in the game and events slow to a trickle because there's no one but you hardcores playing anymore. Don't worry, though, NCSoft will keep those cash shop boxes coming, so you'll have plenty of entertainment there. It's funny that I used to think the Vindictus community was bad at times, but the worst of the worst there barely have anything on the "elites" of Blade and Soul and Black Desert. Enjoy yourselves.

45 minutes ago, Prototypemind said:

The worst thing, honestly, is that while all the casuals and semi-serious players understand exactly what it takes to be where you are you seem incapable of understanding that some people just don't have the desire to no-life in order to stay relevant in a game or toss money out there to actually be able to enjoy more than one character at a time.

Well. not everyone born with Empathy.

That's the unfortunate thing i see in the community.

12 hours ago, Shadzar said:

-

I still don't see any flaw from it. The changes that affect a group of players that don't prefer that way is simply an issue of psychology, never was a technical issue. I have even listed out some actual occurrence where players complaint about low difficulty and high difficulty, But for reasons, users here love to quote a statement out of a context. 

Anyway, this progression path topic is no different from it, a correction in a way, is changes. Faction population imbalance which both you and I agreed on, hoping for a "correction" is still requesting for a change. The design behind PvPvE is likely developers probably hope that every players should access both of the game aspect instead of just one and asking for more contents. And who is the targeted audience here? Players who are fine with PvP and PvE, literally the whole game could offer. And the other group of audiences that complain is? You and I know.

Then again, how will Asia BnS market address such issues is unclear to me but their thrice-the-price-over-here method is more than enough to feed them, are you ready for a 3X pricing hike here? Guess not. NA/EU literally complain about everything, refusing the efforts, neither time nor money, and why do you think it takes so long for an Asia MMO such as this game to reach to an advanced economy country like NA in the first place?

As for your perspective towards Viridian to Moonwater, I already said, I agree on easing it up since the fact that players hardly do the heroic dungeons and world bosses of that level to obtain the essential weapons anymore. I just don't agree on easing up the end-Moonwater and above (Silverfrost). End of Moonwater gears give more than 500AP, I know, been there done that. As long as the demand for Frozen Stingers still exist, which will be in demand even in the near future, players will still do its Silverfrost contents.

Read up Mucski's post above, tell me if in this topic, are every players from the same targeted audience? For instance, you and I are in different group on this topic to begin with. That "causing problems to EVERYONE", in the end doesn't apply entirely. There are some asked for spoonfed, there are some asked for gear account bound, there are some asked for ease progression for Viridian to Moonwater, which category do you fall into? I do not know, but from the summary of video TS posted, he is asking to be spoonfeed. Complain about "pay"wall and no time for progression, sorry but those are within a MMO formula, leave before you get sick.

tldr: Different targeted audience, even us have different standing point on this topic.

3 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

leave before you get sick

except people who make statements like this should NEVER be welcome to any MMO or online, or even social audience :)

IT highlights perfectly the toxic community, even if intended in the best of ways, it is something that should NEVER be said and a smart company would never allow or condone from its players. it equates to GTFO.

Bethany, Johnathon, Nico, mods, etc; do you wish your players to GTFO? OMGScoots

3 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

The 500+ AP white knights are out in force in this thread. None of us taking issue with the game expect to be at the top playing two hours a day, we simply don't want to be required to play 8 hours a day to stay relevant. It's cool if you ran with the right clan from the start and got rich, evolved your gear quickly, and never fell behind, but you will never, ever be part of the majority if that's how you play. The worst thing, honestly, is that while all the casuals and semi-serious players understand exactly what it takes to be where you are you seem incapable of understanding that some people just don't have the desire to no-life in order to stay relevant in a game or toss money out there to actually be able to enjoy more than one character at a time.

Telling the rest of us that we've never played MMOs, that we need to deal with it, etc, is fine, just don't be upset when you're the only ones in the game and events slow to a trickle because there's no one but you hardcores playing anymore. Don't worry, though, NCSoft will keep those cash shop boxes coming, so you'll have plenty of entertainment there. It's funny that I used to think the Vindictus community was bad at times, but the worst of the worst there barely have anything on the "elites" of Blade and Soul and Black Desert. Enjoy yourselves.

Ok,  i made some rough calculations (prices are from my EU, so they will differ on NA, but results will be the same).

To upgrade everything to true siren which will give you around 500 AP you need approximatly 600-700g. If you get 30g per day (which is easily possible with 2 hours playtime) and play 5 days a week you will get 150g a week. So after 5 weeks you will have 500 AP and are able to do everything that is released right now. With 50 AP more you will be able to do all the content that will be released this year.

If i compare that to Burning Crusade, Rift and FF14, in all those games you wouldn't have gear for endgame dungeons/raids in 5 weeks. Maybe if you got a whole guild / clan that helped you, but this applies to BnS too, with help you will have 500 AP very fast.

So please try to understand my point of view. In my opinion getting decent gear to do all the content is extremly fast in BnS compared to other MMOs. Ofc if you want to have the best stuff, that will be impossible, but atm that stuff is made for people with 7-8h playtime a day. You wont need it for a long time for anything. It's just epeen stuff.

At the time you need it to do the content, you will have it with even 2h playtime without any problems.

In our clan we had six fresh lvl 50s. All of them had around 500AP after 2-6 weeks. And one of them only played 2-3h max per day.

4 hours ago, Shadzar said:

except people who make statements like this should NEVER be welcome to any MMO or online, or even social audience :)

IT highlights perfectly the toxic community, even if intended in the best of ways, it is something that should NEVER be said and a smart company would never allow or condone from its players. it equates to GTFO.

Bethany, Johnathon, Nico, mods, etc; do you wish your players to GTFO? OMGScoots

So you are just another people that quote a statement out of a context to comfort your own perspective and alter it as you see fits. That's pretty sums up why you stuck under 400AP despite having all these other players like above, posted some possible scenarios, are you in the spoonfeed category I spoke of? Do your attempt to make me STFU any less toxic by basing on your logic? What you guys attempt to change is to simplify the progress as some of you, or maybe even you, not willing to put in time or money. That is equate to alter the root of this game or MMOs in general. 

Asking for mods doesn't even make sense, as I'm voicing my thought without breaching any rules here.

If I, as a player told you to gtfo, will you go? Nope. 

If you want to, you will, none of us have to do anything.

You can go on throwing tantrum and play something that you don't enjoy in every aspect, but I doubt the developers will make a special package for NA/EU. 

If by chances, somehow developer acknowledge it and dropped it to a childcare level of game, its me who leaving, is it toxic? No, its just a change of audience and the group like me, are dissatisfied from this changes, that is all.

1 minute ago, Ohlong Johnson said:

Again dude. Google "Empathy", look into yourself and see if you have it. If so, apply it. You seem seriously surprised and unable to understand why some posters are against your mindest and posting tone, so wake up and smell the coffee.

There are too, some posters against the mindset of your group, your point being?

5 hours ago, endervoid said:

To upgrade everything to true siren which will give you around 500 AP you need approximatly 600-700g. If you get 30g per day (which is easily possible with 2 hours playtime) and play 5 days a week you will get 150g a week. So after 5 weeks you will have 500 AP and are able to do everything that is released right now. With 50 AP more you will be able to do all the content that will be released this year.

NO, NO, NO. You CANNOT do EVERYTHING in 500 AP RIGHT NOW. I dunno how to get it across! You cannot get credit for kills in SSP with 500 AP, when the guys next to you sport 600+ . They get the kills so quickly, that you have to re-run a couple of times. And it's not just AP. I have the AP jacked up to 500, but my crit is behind, because I did not evolve the accessories, or my ss are not the bestets ones or whatever other mysterious reason. I sit at 43% and I can't push past it (but hey, that's really my problem).

And that's precisely what I am not happy about. Not that I am a silly noob that only have 500 AP, and can only make my 40 g a day or whatever. It's that other people's gear deprives me from loot drops COMPLTELY, even if they would be much smaller, I'd be happy! But just not being able to dandi-spam on a boar, and that's that, 40 min down the drain, 'cause keys. How's that fair that 15 pp gives you loot, but 14 doesn't?

And here I am, doing SSP on my 490 AP KFM and getting credit on every kill, whilst being in a populated server. (Poharan)

It's not as bad as you people make it out to be, you guys just are either: going at the worst times, in the worst channels, or on the worst side (North / South is what I'm talking about here)

Please, find ways around the AP curve. \o\

PS: While I do have a WL main at True Scorpio, I'm only using the things I earn on my KFM, for my KFM, nothing gets transferred over from my main...Everything my KFM earns is for my KFM only and everything my WL earns is for my WL only. With that being said, I make a good 50-80g in only 2-3hours of gameplay, daily, on KFM, and upwards of 100-150+ on WL in another 3 hours.

11 minutes ago, Rhy said:

It's not as bad as you people make it out to be, you guys just are either: going at the worst times, in the worst channels, or on the worst side (North / South is what I'm talking about here)

We have 2 channels. One red, one blue. Even with a split, the Boar is hard to get on my server. Being with a WL in a party is the only assured way for me to get a credit on it, because otherwise I might not have enough time to ramp up the big bad sunflower spam, which is the only way my DPS is high enough to get 15pp.  If the bloody thing moves in an unopportune time, or I drop focus by goofing up 1-2, that's that.

Luckily, yesterday, I was shown the light in that horrors can be farmed for keys instead, so I will be the one enthusiastically extolling the virtues of clearing the horrors instead of the futile and finickier boars each end every SSP. I can't be the only one with the Boar & Key deficiency.

31 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

NO, NO, NO. You CANNOT do EVERYTHING in 500 AP RIGHT NOW. I dunno how to get it across! You cannot get credit for kills in SSP with 500 AP, when the guys next to you sport 600+ . They get the kills so quickly, that you have to re-run a couple of times. And it's not just AP. I have the AP jacked up to 500, but my crit is behind, because I did not evolve the accessories, or my ss are not the bestets ones or whatever other mysterious reason. I sit at 43% and I can't push past it (but hey, that's really my problem).

The ring is only one source of crit. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you play a summoner, right? Summoners have decently high base crit at level 50 (I believe only Assassins and Force masters have higher), much higher than classes like blademaster/KFM/Destro.

Source of crit are:

- ring accessory

- Bracelet accessory (oathbreaker for high crit, but I would recommend python or asura with the crit damage roll)

- soul shields (primary source of crit, since base + fusion can give up to 3000 crit)

So I'm guessing that  your soul shields have not been fused with good fusion pieces. The best soul shields to use for fusion are

- The green critical soul shields obtained by farming Gabiyung (field boss in Shiverstone). These usually fuse for 80-140 crit, but has a lower chance of fusing to the higher end of that range since it's green. But they're easy to farm and good to use at the start.

- Purple level 50 soul shield pieces with high crit (Yeti 5/7/8, Scorpion/Naksun 2, Asura/Naksun 8, to name a few). You can't fuse two soul shields of the same type, but different ones can be fused. i.e. You can't use a Yeti piece on another Yeti piece, but you can use Yeti on Asura/Naksun/Scorp. And the same rule applies for the others.

- Crafted silverfrost critical soul shields (blue). Best fusion pieces to use at the moment. Though they're 9-10g a piece, they're an excellent return on investment as far as the damage increase they provide goes. Fusing all 8 of your soul shields with these will give you around 1500 crit stat, which is a significant damage boost.

If you'd like some help on choosing a good set of soul shields, feel free to message me here on forums and I can help you work out a set depending on the content you can/usually run.

Thank you!

I fused most of my shields with Northern Crits. My SS right now is a combo of Scorpio, Yeti and one Twisted. I think I fused some of the shields with piercing from the Soulstones green drops. I will craft the critical silvefrost bits and re-fuse everything with crit. It drives me insane that I can't jack up the crit.

Just now, OniOfTheSword said:

A word of unsolicited advice. Yeti/Scorpion are pieces that would be replaced by better soul shields rather quickly. I'd rather not fuse them with the blue crafted pieces.

That's probably the best I am going to get though. I can't see myself doing Asura and higher dungeons.

20 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Thank you!

I fused most of my shields with Northern Crits. My SS right now is a combo of Scorpio, Yeti and one Twisted. I think I fused some of the shields with piercing from the Soulstones green drops. I will craft the critical silvefrost bits and re-fuse everything with crit. It drives me insane that I can't jack up the crit.

A word of unsolicited advice. Yeti/Scorpion are pieces that would be replaced by better soul shields rather quickly. I'd rather not fuse them with the blue crafted pieces.

Asura is a more long term SS solution since the 5 piece bonus it provides is excellent. If you're unable to get Asura pieces, I would fuse Yeti piece 3/5/7 with the blue SS first (7 > 5 > 3, in that order), since good Asura pieces to have are 1/2/4/6/8. 

6 hours ago, endervoid said:

I think going from 400 AP to 500 AP in 5 weeks is not unreasonable. However, getting 30g per day in a couple of hours for a low geared player may not be realistic, and even worse if you are melee, because of this "kill credit" thing. It depends on who are the other players around you, which is impossible to predict, and often an army of high geared players showed up 2 seconds before the fight started.

Then, in 5 weeks, when you are 500 AP, others went from 600 AP to 650 AP (for example), and you may still have this lingering "kill credit" problem. I think this is the basic issue here, lack of a reasonable catch-up mechanic. Actually, if the "kill credit" gets reworked so that low geared players can get the credit as long as they put in reasonable damage per their gear level, the lack of catch-up mechanics probably won't feel as painful.

4 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

That's probably the best I am going to get though. I can't see myself doing Asura and higher dungeons.

Your gear (if you have 500 AP and True Siren accessories as you mentioned) is pretty adequate for running 6p Asura. You can focus on fusing those Yeti pieces first, and gather Asura pieces as you work on them.

If you're unable to do so on weekdays, try to run it atleast once each day on the weekend. Just finishing the daily gives you 6g-8g (depending on premium) and 2 stingers. It takes 30-45 minutes depending on party strength, and it's time well spent imo. In my time doing cross server, I've seen many parties recruit 500+ for Asura 6. It's a mechanics heavy dungeon rather than being a gear heavy dungeon, and getting the soul shield pieces will help you out in SSP as well, since a 5 piece bonus is 5AP and 7% critical damage (which is a direct 7% boost to your dps).

Sry to say but it's another whine thread, i play 3-4h a day and more on a weekend i have 580 ap. So about u stop play solo and find another 3 ppl, do instances and sell loot on a market, and yes noone will ask u for experience and some amount of AP, 

And one more thing, people nowadays is like I want all end game gear in a month and max level incluing HM lvl as well. By the end of the days it's not a shooter or moba game...

Content creator in BnS are directly BnS team, this guy has nothing to do with BnS content, he created his content based on BnS content!

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

And i'm on the losing faction, 90% of the server population are on the other side, so i don't get a single relevant mob from ssp. Guess what, ssp is not the only way to make money.

48 minutes ago, Yetan said:

I think going from 400 AP to 500 AP in 5 weeks is not unreasonable. However, getting 30g per day in a couple of hours for a low geared player may not be realistic, and even worse if you are melee, because of this "kill credit" thing. It depends on who are the other players around you, which is impossible to predict, and often an army of high geared players showed up 2 seconds before the fight started.

Then, in 5 weeks, when you are 500 AP, others went from 600 AP to 650 AP (for example), and you may still have this lingering "kill credit" problem. I think this is the basic issue here, lack of a reasonable catch-up mechanic. Actually, if the "kill credit" gets reworked so that low geared players can get the credit as long as they put in reasonable damage per their gear level, the lack of catch-up mechanics probably won't feel as painful.

Like i said above, i can't do SSP in my faction on my server (only  injured soldiers and meteors). And the 30g are from EU Servers where mats are worth more i think. But then upgrades are more expensive too. So on NA the number would be less, both income and upgrade costs.

You just can make the daylie challenge (doable in 2h) and some crafting. With that you already should be making 20g. You get mininmum 3 stingers (=9g) + 10g for crafting. Then you'll maybe get some other drops + the gold from the daylie lvl 50 dungeon that is in the challenge(forgot maybe around 2g?). Now you can do a quick Cold Storage ,Yeti or/and Frozen Lair Run (which goes really quick in a clan group). So another 2 stingers minimum + maybe 3-4g for the quests, i.e. 10g. There you already have around 30g.

Is it doable in 2h? I can't tell, all the numbers are from memory, couldn't play for 2 weeks :(

19 minutes ago, endervoid said:

And i'm on the losing faction, 90% of the server population are on the other side, so i don't get a single relevant mob from ssp. Guess what, ssp is not the only way to make money.

44 minutes ago, OniOfTheSword said:

Your gear (if you have 500 AP and True Siren accessories as you mentioned) is pretty adequate for running 6p Asura. You can focus on fusing those Yeti pieces first, and gather Asura pieces as you work on them.

It's not the gear, it's the player. I am a terribad and my one run of Asura was too too much. :)  I kindda found my way to play this game, it is far from the best or most efficient, but it allows me to do what I am comfortable with. However, yes, I feel it is unfair that drops put me in a direct competition with the players in my own group. The red Sin taking all my pp right in the middle of it and getting away with it? Hats off. But the FM on my side with 88K HPs and I am-afraid-to-look what AP being my enemy too by some reason? Yakes. I thought he was my friend!

That's why I do SSP, not the small-man group dungeons, and that's why I want an alt on each faction. My server is small, and Crimson is larger, but Cerulean is more organized, so we have a serious no-nonsense war going on every few days, with heroes on each side, and I quite like it. I love the chat during the battles, the leads, the set-up and the whole atmosphere :) I'd like to participate in it to the fullest and best of mine, and still get rewards :)

I do not see myself as someone who can be a part of a 4M static group farming the instances. I am just not good enough for that.

Archived