Another good content creator quits...and here's why

LadyViera

1 hour ago, Tsuchiryu said:

so that huge spike in mat amount is staggering and, quite frankly, retarded.

I have mentioned this n the past and calculated it roughly for cost to do everything in each area based on current materials needed:

for every 1 gold you need to spend or value of things to acquire from Vidirian Coast it would respectively cost in the other lands:

10 gold for Cinderlands

1000 gold for Moonwater

@1000+ gold for Silverfrost

This takes into account the amount of money from quests which is why the moonwater and silverfrost cost is about the same even though you need more things for silverfrost you DO get a LOT more from the quests there.

Like the new ending to the Jinsoyun Arc of the story was changed for future endgame content, Moonwater should have been changed for material costs when it became no longer endgame content, but that was glossed over or entirely ignored by the developers. THAT is the current problem with the game is that Moonwater is still mechanically endgame in regards to upgrades. Though you CAN complete Silverfrost storyline with Moonwater gear, it sort of makes no sense to leave Moonwater content as endgame grind, when you want people to play in Silverfrost and expect them to play in later areas for Chapters V and VI.

They MUST redesign this in order to keep people playing beyond Moonwater, because right now thy risk people with those 3-month premium to NOT renew not that the game has been out for 3 months and the story arc is compete, since they cannot progress in the game without "no lifeing" it to do so. The "attempt" to reduce soulstone cost for MTS has done nothing to help anyone, and their "events" likewise have done nothing to help anyone except for those who could already afford endgame prices, and could have easily gotten those 100 soulstones to create the old recipe fo MTS.

Every new bit of content they release new for the game is driving away their free advertisers and streamer supporters and ensuring that the game has no new p(l)ayer growth and slight chance of any recurring revenue stream.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

funny how you quote me with " lol " on my 6-7 h? i got work too that i need to attend to. write something more instead of just lol, or just stop quote me.

I think the reason he is loling, is because.. 6-7 hours a day, is quite a lot

21 minutes ago, endervoid said:

At the point you need the stingers yourself you already have the gear to clear all the current content including 4 man (minus asura 4). At least if you have a nice clan where you can run premade. And if you know what you are doing you can clear 4 man asura with 520-550 AP and corresponding crit values.

I really don't want to 'clear' 4M Azura. My AP is 500, my crit is 43% on the main. I just want to run SSP, arenas, things like Cold Storage or Mandate or new 24M dungeon and level/gear a couple of alts.  If 6vs6 was equalized, I'd love to try that.

But in SSP I have to have gear to get the Boar King drops, and the soul shields only come from the dungeons, as well as those mysterious HM skills that need tons of achievements and gods only know what. The sole drive behind my gearing up is being able to play  enjoyable (for me) stuff.

I know, everyone assumes that absolutely everyone is chomping at the bit to play through the toughest, newest dungeons, but I sincerely dislike them. I feel embarrassed, and I would not want to impose on people in a clan so they will have to dodge me or something. I am just not a good player, and I hate the activities where a small group could wipe.

Just now, TheQuibbler said:

I think the reason he is loling, is because.. 6-7 hours a day, is quite a lot

Yeah i do know that i play much, cause i enjoy playing this game and i love the grind? big deal no.. ppl with the attitude " everything is to expensive " i wonder what they are doing during their " playtime " i mean some ppl said they playing for 2 hours and expect to be geared as ppl who play for like 10-12 hours?

28 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Yeah i do know that i play much, cause i enjoy playing this game and i love the grind? big deal no.. ppl with the attitude " everything is to expensive " i wonder what they are doing during their " playtime " i mean some ppl said they playing for 2 hours and expect to be geared as ppl who play for like 10-12 hours?

No, I do not expect to be geared the way a person who plays 8 hrs a day does.

I do not want to be told: Lolz, on level 50 you should pull in 100 g per hour. Which may be true for a tiny subset of players... like an already well-geared char who sells everything it gets and is in a static group 'clearing' 4Ms or something, but is certainly not true for the most people. This makes me feel like I am doing something wrong, while I am frankly enjoying what I am doing most of the time.

Most folks neither have 8 hrs a day to play a game, nor is it frankly a great idea, particular if you work in the office behind the computer. I do not like it that the game glorifies the 8 hrs a day on a game lifestyle by having competitive loot drops where you get nothing when your gear is far behind a few folks who grind like that, and where you can be one-shotted by other players.

I do not want to play the highest dungeons or 4Ms of anything, and I am fine with the scaled loot, like the ss pouches, as I absolutely believe people deserve to be rewarded for more efforts.

But getting nothing on the Boar King that is the only source of multiple keys is a really poor design & having 6 vs 6 inaccessible in low level gear is annoying as well, when they can simply tier the content out and let people play at their own pace in reality, not at the pace of the elite minority.

I also want the gorram account-bound accessories, because re-earning the same stuff on every alt is about as fun as chewing cardboard.

While browsing on the internet, I came across this post on reddit and I think it is a good read to uplift our spirit or motivate us to learn new language. 

(Link to the reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4f13xe/my_past_present_and_future_in_blade_soul/d25a03f)

If you live near enough to the west coast, I'd recommend playing on KR. Even Taiwan or Japan are better servers than NA. These servers WANT you to stay and play, whereas NCWest just wants to filter out all the non-whale players. I've been playing on KR for about 2 weeks and I'm already geared beyond NA max gear. Here's what you get for the $25 a month subscription:

• tons of free shit. A new account package gives you a free 40AP diamond, 170 drain amethyst, and a ton of buff potions and gem hammers.

• much better loot tables. In older dungeons (poh/bsh) costumes are almost a guaranteed drop. I got Infinite Challenge from Dreadtide Arena on my 2nd run, then I got it again from the 3rd run. (I was farming tags for the black version of the costume)

• lots more content and no pressure to only do endgame. In fact, you can't even access endgame dungeons until you get a certain HM level or weapon level.

• Leveling is smoothed out. Only doing yellow + blue quests gets you to level 50+ HM10 at the end of Act 7 (their current storyline). You also NEVER have to buy or grind any weapons, accessories, or soul shields until you finish the storyline quests because they literally GIVE you the gear you need AND the mats to upgrade them once you get to an upgradable stage.

• Getting HM skills. 2 weeks in and I've already gotten my HM LB. You get those skillbook pages from EVERY silverfrost dungeon, so you can get almost 20-30 a day just by doing the blues and easy purples. The starter pack also gives you 100 pages, + daily dash spins also have a chance to drop pages. In KR, getting HM skills is a right, not a privilege.

• Stable market. Unlike NA/EU, where confused kids undercut other sellers by 10g to sell their stones, everything on the KR market is priced fairly and is pretty stable. I calculated the costs of primers, transformation stones, and pickaxes and it turns out, they all net a decent 5% profit, which is fair to both sellers and buyers.

• No currency exchange. Yes, gold sellers exist, but they HAVE to buy from external websites, and cannot trade ncoin for gold directly.

• That brings me to another point. NO GOLD SELLER SPAM. I'm not sure if it's a better spam filter, a more effective reporting system, or just policy. Bots exist, yes, but far less compared to NA/EU bot armies, and KR bots are mostly real players using a script to farm HM exp.

• Better optimization. Not sure what the changes are, but I definitely get more FPS in large player zones.

• Powerbook. Instead of bumbling through gear lists made by random people that may or may not have errors, the korean client includes a function that lets you look up soul shield stats, gear stats, upgrade pathing, dungeon walkthroughs etc. Basically, it's all the information you need in a place that's easily accessible. Again, they WANT you to succeed in the game.

• This might be a negative to people who farm arena for zen beans, but PvP players on KR are preeeeetty damn good. Elo also means much less. Getting platinum is like getting 2200+ on NA/EU, because there are no arena bots. The situation is pretty similar across JP and TW as well.

• Even if you don't want to spend the money to play on KR, TW and JP are good options as well. JP has, by far, the best community in the game, despite it having such a low population and almost all are at endgame. When I needed to do some low level dungeons for upgrades, I couldn't get a crew in F8 so I asked in faction chat if someone could help me. Instantly I got a few whispers from HM10 people who welcomed me to the game and even gave me a couple gold. TW is more populated and has a decent rate of new players. In both of these F2P servers, they help you progress by giving you all the mats you need to upgrade, including brilliant keys, about a dozen elements/jewels every survey, 5-6 of each transformation stone, and 8 pack soul shields.

But hey, if you stay on NA/EU, at least you can get NCWest Tshirts, right?

As the saying goes "you can fool some of the people some of the time..."

New games are staring to release for the summer and BnS is old (sour) news. We all wanted the game to be awesome - You had us and managed to turn lovers of the game to haters of the game. You let us down.  Sad really.

23 hours ago, Nattia said:

why don't people enjoy the game in their own pace... it's not like somebody is rushing you with a stick.

Not only do I agree on this, but I recall every other game that took awhile to port from Korea over to US side that people would cry and moan about not being caught up to date to the Korean version and how it stayed so far behind, and when they finally push to get the western version caught up, it's "Why are you doing what we always asked for?!" :p

1 hour ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Yeah i do know that i play much, cause i enjoy playing this game and i love the grind? big deal no.. ppl with the attitude " everything is to expensive " i wonder what they are doing during their " playtime " *i mean some ppl said they playing for 2 hours and expect to be geared as ppl who play for like 10-12 hours?*

If you really believe what you write here, then your work must be for earning pocket money while you still go to any grade of school (nothing wrong here, mind you) instead of being grown-up and having a real (doesn't matter if full-time, half-time or flexitime etc).

2 hours ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

give all players their hongmoon skills and everything else they need for free instead so we dont have to read this kinda of bullshit everyday on this forum ppl crying about the mats and upgrades... i have worked hard on my gear , i got a KFM on 654 ap, and a Warlock on 590.. and i only play 6-7h / day..

This " community " is crying about everything they want everything for free, they dont want to put any effort into it so.. yeah just do it plz

Pfft, yeah... sure, whatever... got about 600 AP? Good for you. Can't afford to run/carry with lower AP people? Is 400+ AP too low for you in 6-man? Think 90% of community can play as often as you or something? Look beyond your own navel.

You know... people putting 'effort'/money into gearing up without actually learning enough of dungeon mechanics can very well be a thing. Even if that's not your case, not everyone can play that many hours every single day, nor have they started before game's official release. There's a lot you fail to consider in your poor excuse of project of an 'argument', so you have no real legit reason whatsoever to whine about 'community crying' when some of their points are legitimate. Your whining about whining won't change the fact that values for Moonwater gears onwards ARE absurd and game, fun as it may still be to play, is not without that and other BS aspects.

You don't have to read this so-called BS, just like you don't have to spout narrow-minded nonsense like an elitist asshat who doesn't really know what he's talking about, because that's how you're coming off to many right now.

43 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Pfft, yeah... sure, whatever... got about 600 AP? Good for you. Can't afford to run/carry with lower AP people? Is 400+ AP too low for you in 6-man? Think 90% of community can play as often as you or something? Look beyond your own navel.

You know... people putting 'effort'/money into gearing up without actually learning enough of dungeon mechanics can very well be a thing. Even if that's not your case, not everyone can play that many hours every single day, nor have they started before game's official release. There's a lot you fail to consider in your poor excuse of project of an 'argument', so you have no real legit reason whatsoever to whine about 'community crying' when some of their points are legitimate. Your whining about whining won't change the fact that values for Moonwater gears onwards ARE absurd and game, fun as it may still be to play, is not without that and other BS aspects.

You don't have to read this so-called BS, just like you don't have to spout narrow-minded nonsense like an elitist asshat who doesn't really know what he's talking about, because that's how you're coming off to many right now.

first , i dont mind having low " ap ppl " in my parties.. as long they wanna learn and explore the dungeon im all good with that.. and im far away from elitist you can come a across.. im just telling in this thread that i have seen alot of threads about crying of stuff are expensive, how do you think it was " for us who have played longer then others then " ? when this game just came out? and we could maybe earn 10 gold a day.? 

now there is alot of dailies around the map + alot of purple / blue dungeons were you can get your gold from just by doing the daily runs.. you can easy get just 30-40 gold from that , there is no rush for better gear in this game.. And ppl who want 650+ ap for example sura / sunder are just dumb, when you can do it with 485. 

2 hours ago, Yetan said:

While browsing on the internet, I came across this post on reddit and I think it is a good read to uplift our spirit or motivate us to learn new language. 

(Link to the reddit thread https://www.reddit.com/r/bladeandsoul/comments/4f13xe/my_past_present_and_future_in_blade_soul/d25a03f)

Wow... I feel like crying when reading all that and then looking at NA/EU version of BnS, I almost want to ask what went so horribly wrong... and then I don't even have to since we all know the answer anyway, well most of us with some either living in denial or just not having a trouble in the world with their nolife grinding. 

Also at this point all the streamers etc. are building up that footplace in the game to become something like Bog Otter/Wooden Potatoes in GW2 as an example, so if they're already quitting it doesn't look promising at all considering the game's future...

i think people have forgotten that the asian community thrive in wallet wars,  the average player there spends probably triple of our closed hands western region hence why the publishers dont care how much free stuff they give you because they make loads of money either way.

Played taiwan for 1 year plus and it was NEAR IMPOSSIBLE to max your dragon tiger legend weapon without buying gold or running your bot train. heck i even bought tons of gold and the publishers didnt care nor have ban waves for gold buyers.

NA/EU service is bad dont get me wrong but comparing with the asians who spend even more than we do sounds narrow minded to me.

jaesung doesnt play much pve in korea, why? 

I'm earning 25g to 30g per day from dailies, I didnt even participate in SSP like I used to. The only time I pay for the game is the CBT package and I'm currently at Awakened Scorpio 10. What's so hard?

One full SSP runs that takes an hour at max, gives you at least 50 Soulstones, and can go up to 100 after Misty and Arena.

In current NA market price for Soulstones, each cost 34 silvers. 100 of it = 34G. 

That's at least 60g per day, if players are doing 4 man Heroic dungeon instead of 6 man, they can earn even more.

One may argue that SSP isn't suitable for everyone due to the gap of gear. But I assume you can do Misty Wood & Beach faction dailies just fine, Arena just fine for the Soulstones that may still round up to about 45 Soulstones. And that's 15G in total.

Do you think I'm evolving my gears everyday? No, I saved it up days by days, weeks by weeks. You gotta put in effort into it to make it happens.

If you don't want to put in either time or money, quit MMO entirely.

The weapon evolve here isn't even RNG base like China server do, where you may fail from it. All you need to do in NA is to amass the materials throughout the time and that's it.

And yes, the only RNG material that is essential at late game is the Premium Silverfrost Stone, where you may failed at transmuting it at a rate of 30% success rate. But seeing how you guys complain about this stuff, I doubt you are on Legendary stage anyway.

1 hour ago, Zerecas said:

I'm earning 25g to 30g per day from dailies, I didnt even participate in SSP like I used to. The only time I pay for the game is the CBT package and I'm currently at Awakened Scorpio 10. What's so hard?

One full SSP runs that takes an hour at max, gives you at least 50 Soulstones, and can go up to 100 after Misty and Arena.

In current NA market price for Soulstones, each cost 34 silvers. 100 of it = 34G. 

That's at least 60g per day, if players are doing 4 man Heroic dungeon instead of 6 man, they can earn even more.

One may argue that SSP isn't suitable for everyone due to the gap of gear. But I assume you can do Misty Wood & Beach faction dailies just fine, Arena just fine for the Soulstones that may still round up to about 45 Soulstones. And that's 15G in total.

Do you think I'm evolving my gears everyday? No, I saved it up days by days, weeks by weeks. You gotta put in effort into it to make it happens.

If you don't want to put in either time or money, quit MMO entirely.

The weapon evolve here isn't even RNG base like China server do, where you may fail from it. All you need to do in NA is to amass the materials throughout the time and that's it.

And yes, the only RNG material that is essential at late game is the Premium Silverfrost Stone, where you may failed at transmuting it at a rate of 30% success rate. But seeing how you guys complain about this stuff, I doubt you are on Legendary stage anyway.

So you grind and grind and grind and grind and slowly progress... Doesn't sound like fun to me. Old content is irrelevant and poses no challenge once you're geared, so you just beat your head into the wall in new areas getting what little you can so eventually you can catch up again and kill the new stuff a little faster. Doesn't sound like fun to me either. They should have kept old content relevant or they should make it easier to progress and have fun.

Reading that post about KR/JP/TW would have made me quit if I hadn't already. This version of the game is literally the most alt-unfriendly MMO I've ever touched. Heck, it's not even main friendly, but to have so many classes and to limit you to one or two if you can't no life day after day after day is pathetic. The only game I'm seeing come close is BDO, but that's more because there's no cap and the gear grind is crazy if you want to stay at the top as well, despite people trying to claim it's also play at your own pace. NCSoft's take on BnS here has destroyed the game.

I'm actually smirking at your comment about Legendary stage. Nope, most of us here never got anywhere near that because we weren't willing to treat this game like a job or throw our wallet at it. I enjoyed doing some long marathons of this game earlier in the year when I had the time, but requiring me to give up my life just to stay relevant isn't something that I'll ever be on board for.

Excuse me guys, but you're saying that KR/JP/TW versions are better. I'd like to remind you all that KR and other versions are waaaay older than EU/NA and when KR and other servers came out, they were full of complains about grinding and almost same stuff you're complaining about EU/NA right now.

You complain about the player base, but YOU are the player base. Idiots are everywhere, stupidity is a worldwide disease that you will never repel cause it is a DNA portion of human race.
AP requirement is something made by players, not by game, you have made your own rules and killed the game to others, it isn't NCsoft fault, it is yours. My current AP is 580+ on main and yesterday i tanked the Yeti with the KFM alt that has only 414 AP and we cleared without problems at first try, with other not so high geared players but who knew how to do mechanics, push right buttons and evade things.

You want that the game give you all as soon as possible, then if the game give you everything soon, you will complain about you have nothing to do in the game, how the game is dead without contents and things to do and blah blah.
Begin to respect others, begin to enjoy the game and not the pixels you wear on your virtual doll. You may have the highest level and gear, but ask yourself who you are when you logoff from your overpowered character. We all used to be noobs in our life, don't forget this.
This game is just an example of the real world: you want things to be changed, but you don't want to change yourself.

And i'm not defending NCsoft because they have the fault about some bad managment too. We have to admit that.

31 minutes ago, Onionio said:

Excuse me guys, but you're saying that KR/JP/TW versions are better. I'd like to remind you all that KR and other versions are waaaay older than EU/NA and when KR and other servers came out, they were full of complains about grinding and almost same stuff you're complaining about EU/NA right now.

You complain about the player base, but YOU are the player base. Idiots are everywhere, stupidity is a worldwide disease that you will never repel cause it is a DNA portion of human race.
AP requirement is something made by players, not by game, you have made your own rules and killed the game to others, it isn't NCsoft fault, it is yours. My current AP is 580+ on main and yesterday i tanked the Yeti with the KFM alt that has only 414 AP and we cleared without problems at first try, with other not so high geared players but who knew how to do mechanics, push right buttons and evade things.

You want that the game give you all as soon as possible, then if the game give you everything soon, you will complain about you have nothing to do in the game, how the game is dead without contents and things to do and blah blah.
Begin to respect others, begin to enjoy the game and not the pixels you wear on your virtual doll. You may have the highest level and gear, but ask yourself who you are when you logoff from your overpowered character. We all used to be noobs in our life, don't forget this.
This game is just an example of the real world: you want things to be changed, but you don't want to change yourself.

And i'm not defending NCsoft because they have the fault about some bad managment too. We have to admit that.

NC "westernised" this game like 2 years, they had the chance to fix everything. Bad game design created toxic playerbase.

12 hours ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

give all players their hongmoon skills and everything else they need for free instead so we dont have to read this kinda of bullshit everyday on this forum ppl crying about the mats and upgrades... i have worked hard on my gear , i got a KFM on 654 ap, and a Warlock on 590.. and i only play 6-7h / day..

This " community " is crying about everything they want everything for free, they dont want to put any effort into it so.. yeah just do it plz

49d.jpgCalm down dude, its just a game

2 hours ago, Onionio said:

Meh, I'm not really sure what you're on about. Plenty of us have spoken about the change we want here in the forums, and put our money where our mouth is by quitting the game. Sticking around and throwing cash at NC won't ever change the face of the game. PAID content creators, players being given money by NC to stay up-to-date on the game, have quit. Left. Walked away from money for simply playing and featuring the game. I'd definitely say that's wanting to change and acting to make the change happen.

But if your meaning is that we don't want to change ourselves, you are correct. At least those who have left have shown that they don't want to dedicate their lives to endless grind.

On 6/5/2016 at 11:59 PM, Nattia said:

why don't people enjoy the game in their own pace... it's not like somebody is rushing you with a stick.

You can try that, but say you're doing a BLUE DUNGEON and the whole party quits because you're not 500 AP (491 to be precise) then the incentive to continue playing kinda goes down in a flaming ball of crap. Its not the game itself or the mechanics thats ruining it, its the Western orientated playerbase with its F*%k YOU GOT MINE attitude. There is NO community in NA/EU and there never will be, if you wanna experience how great this game can be stick to the eastern releases (JP/TW).     

4 hours ago, Prototypemind said:

So you grind and grind and grind and grind and slowly progress... Doesn't sound like fun to me. Old content is irrelevant and poses no challenge once you're geared, so you just beat your head into the wall in new areas getting what little you can so eventually you can catch up again and kill the new stuff a little faster. Doesn't sound like fun to me either. They should have kept old content relevant or they should make it easier to progress and have fun.

Reading that post about KR/JP/TW would have made me quit if I hadn't already. This version of the game is literally the most alt-unfriendly MMO I've ever touched. Heck, it's not even main friendly, but to have so many classes and to limit you to one or two if you can't no life day after day after day is pathetic. The only game I'm seeing come close is BDO, but that's more because there's no cap and the gear grind is crazy if you want to stay at the top as well, despite people trying to claim it's also play at your own pace. NCSoft's take on BnS here has destroyed the game.

I'm actually smirking at your comment about Legendary stage. Nope, most of us here never got anywhere near that because we weren't willing to treat this game like a job or throw our wallet at it. I enjoyed doing some long marathons of this game earlier in the year when I had the time, but requiring me to give up my life just to stay relevant isn't something that I'll ever be on board for.

Then you're on the wrong platform, the game that you desired are the console series, not MMOs.

For a decade of MMO playing, it's always either invest time or money, heck maybe both into it to keep up with the contents. I used to spend a proportional of money onto MMOs until I personally think that it isn't that worth it, and decided to progress my gear slowly and steadily as time goes on. Be glad that the leveling in this game isn't as hardcore as the old MMOs used to be.

Regardless of how well geared you are, the contents one game could offer is limited, its just another repetitive process that everyone ended up with. Even if we somehow ended up with ease late game progression, players will still be complaining about how contents are boring and repetitive, because in the end, game contents does not magically spawn a entertaining challenge for you. About how a game isn't alt-friendly, I will not be playing multiple characters even if its friendly, when you move over to few alt, that's the point where you invest more time into it, or what people always immaturely insult someone, no life

I played most of my MMO in Asia server(CN, TW & SEA). I understand their language, no problem. I must say toxicity will still be there, trash talkers have no nation-boundary.

Another thing, Asia game market involves a huge amount of spending event, that makes pricing over here like a joke. ($20 for an outfit is expensive here? Try at least $40 over there) What Boscodash said few post above are all true. Feel free to move over. Grass is always greener on the other side.

The only issues I see about this game are the content locked due to faction imbalance and the earlier weapon progression path. As no one's doing the low level heroic dungeon anymore. They need to adjust those old dungeons to allow new players to reach to a certain point, but not the way of adjust some of you guys spoke of. 

And yes, no one's gonna wait for everyone when it comes to content update as new players join in different time and motives.

18 minutes ago, Zerecas said:

Text

So in short your posts is all about: "HAHA I'm good, you are bad. Deal with it n00bz. If I don't have problem with the game, neither should you!"  But here's the news for you. Nobody wants to ruin your personal fun, yet you are just another whiteknighting farming drone.

Archived