Another good content creator quits...and here's why

LadyViera

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"streamer" is also a "content creator" in today's world. What you are talking about is more a game designer or developer.

Oddly, even vloggers and podcasters, are still content creators. The point was someone big enough to draw attention to the game and make more people see the game (free advertising for any game company) is no longer willing to promote the game via offering content related to it. This happened when the NCSoft sponsored streamer/YouTuber iGodrikTV (something like that) moved from BnS to that desert game. He was a big promoter of the game, but quit because he couldn't stand how badly it was done in NA/EU after having played for years on foreign servers and just refused to go back to foreign servers because how NA/EU was treated because he couldn't enjoy the same game just in his preferred language on his EU servers.

Basically this Nico letter thing with the roadmap that just came out, is a few months late, and a whole lot of dollars short for many people. Too little too late for NCSoft/NCWest to save face. Sadly it is the things people have been saying n the forums for months since Mushin's Tower was released and has gotten worse since the March 23rd release of Silverfrost.

They just rushed everyone, and people got tired of it, having 4 years of game thrust on them in 3 months time, while others had a chance to play some BnS, go enjoy life, then play some more tomorrow on less rushed regions, NA/EU players have been able to play BnS, grind 8 hours for dailies, pass out and hope to wake up tomorrow with enough time to do life and finish your dailies, rinse and repeat. All for the sake of some e sport that nobody wants, with the current state of the game, to westerners that do NOT enjoy having to grind PVE in order to do their PVP. (and vice versa)

one of the things i've been saying, progression mats should have been way, way lower for the content update schedule we have at the moment, but ncwest prolly is happy with the few wallet warriors out there spending  $1k a month

( for the ones that say it is fine, is the same as TW had, no, it is not, as the content  in TW was on a slower schedule and made it possible to get mats without getting  burnout  or spending $1k a month)

At least on my server i saw some big clans "die", my clan just leave, friends just leave. (the p2win events helped on this one) And i can't recommend the game to anyone who ask me because i don't want  people complaining with me later on. Can recommend the game only to people who like to struggle lol

I enjoy the game (not entirely) , but there is a lot of bad design choices probably made with the korean market in mind. I'm sticking a while to see where it goes , but don't intend to play as much as i played before . The letter from the producer for me it is a sign the game is beginning to sink , and now they will try to do something  to keep players playing the game.

6 minutes ago, Nattia said:

why don't people enjoy the game in their own pace... it's not like somebody is rushing you with a stick.

You need to look at the threads where new players, yes there seem to be some oddly enough, and casual players are finding hope only in the bots that sit at world bosses to be able to get their weapon upgrades, because if the bots arent in that 1 channel, they would NEVER be able to upgrade gear.

"at your own pace" would mean this game would have to be entirely a solo-capable game. Sadly 24-man areas for equipment upgrades, world bosses, etc are not things that you can solo.

14 minutes ago, okitaluc said:

I enjoy the game (not entirely) , but there is a lot of bad design choices probably made with the korean market in mind.

it is not just like that, if, the content updates where on a 6 month window would mean if would be possible to get to the point to start the next tier of dungeons as they would come out ( you would have the time to get the mats without getting in a burnout state), but with monthly updates it should have been cut to at least 1/4 of what it is.

almost certain the if koreans ( as for the average player, not the hardcore)  had to farm all the mats in a month they would also be screaming at ncsoft

8 minutes ago, Dotimus said:

it is not just like that, if, the content updates where on a 6 month window would mean if would be possible to get to the point to start the next tier of dungeons as they would come out ( you would have the time to get the mats without getting in a burnout state), but with montly updates it shoul have been cut to at least 1/4 of what it is.

Well is not only mats , some content is dead and new players are struggling to gear up with the gap left , now it's even worse to level up with the green dungeons out of cross server. The fast content launch is one of the problems , but not just the only one. Fixing Performance issues for example, lost my hope in this one.

I admire everyone of you that can listen through the whole 12 minute long video.  I couldn't and quit around 4 minute-ish, and kept wondering "what happened to the video, what happened to the video..." during the first 2 minutes. So all I got was the speaker thinks each evolution step takes too much mats, but gives so little increase in power. I agree with this, and it is why I'm not focusing on weapon progression but other things to do in game now.

But, my feedback to the speaker, please be brief and concise next time. Even there is no video, put up some Powerpoint slides or pictures to help illustrate your points. His fans and followers are really really loyal to be able to listen to his ramblings for so long.

2 hours ago, okitaluc said:

some content is dead and new players are struggling to gear up with the gap left , now it's even worse to level up with the green dungeons out of cross server.

2 hours ago, Dotimus said:

if, the content updates where on a 6 month window would mean if would be possible to get to the point to start the next tier of dungeons as they would come out ( you would have the time to get the mats without getting in a burnout state), but with monthly updates it should have been cut to at least 1/4 of what it is.

almost certain the if koreans ( as for the average player, not the hardcore)  had to farm all the mats in a month they would also be screaming at ncsoft

3 hours ago, okitaluc said:

At least on my server i saw some big clans "die", my clan just leave, friends just leave. (the p2win events helped on this one) And i can't recommend the game to anyone who ask me because i don't want  people complaining with me later on. Can recommend the game only to people who like to struggle lol

@Yetan

TLDR;

basically  was this what he said in the audio:

-content released to upgrade mats ratio problems,

-random boxes and locked content behind playwall

-performance and bots

4 hours ago, Nattia said:

why don't people enjoy the game in their own pace... it's not like somebody is rushing you with a stick.

Because to do the content I enjoy I have to comepete with other players for the loot drops. If my DPS is insufficient, I can't get loot drops. It's not fun playing for 40 minutes to not get the loot, and start over again.  I am not a dungeon player, and only have time for Misty/SSP, and not getting loot sucks. Well, I'll tack on a dungeons if I have time and guildies run something, but I just don't enjoy 6M runs. If the 24M scene was more vibrant, I'd do that in addition to Misty/SSP. 

But the moment you have to fight a boss alongside a guy with 700 AP and 88K HPs, well, that's when you have to start working your sweet B to get gear or you get nothing. 

There is not much to do in the game 'at your own pace' as  a level 50 with 400AP and 30K HP... I mean, unless you really just LOVE Poharan. 

4 hours ago, Nattia said:

Go to Xserver dungeon then :

Dude1[Purple Dungeon instance] 550AP+ or kick

Dude2[other dungeon]500AP+ EXP ONLY

Dude3[4 man dungeon]600AP+ SHOW UR TITLE

Dude4[Sogun's lament]530AP ANTIDOTE, 115% ACC NO NEWB

Yep, everyone enjoy the game in their own pace... chuckling-gesture-smiley-emoticon.gif

GOTTA GO FASTTTTT!!! cover256x256-6fced8316b794494b0fe692fa2c  See you in the next update patch

Low level content is dead.  They even removed low level dungeons from cross server group finder.  I don't understand the strategy except maybe they gave up on any new players coming into the game and will only service existing player base? 

If so, then will they close the game down once this population eventually dwindles?  I had thought many MMO games relied on revolving player base...

2 hours ago, azraelkun said:

I was waiting 22 mins in cross server lobby for bloodshade harbor cause i need the pirate bracelet n saddly didnt get it ffs

Seriously 22mins que for bsh lol

If you ever need my help, add Lanuri#0424 on Discord (so you can contact me) and I will gladly run BSH with you over cross-server until you get your bracelet. This goes for any other undergeared players that chance this thread! I have a clan dedicated to helping others, and we'll gladly befriend you.

Basically, the thing about BnS is that yeah, it ***ing sucks that 45-level content got killed. It ***ing sucks that NCSoft seems to be catering only to end-game, and that the only way to reliably run pre-level 50 content is to wait until Soul Fighter comes out (due to an influx of new players).

But like in any other MMORPG, being in a clan and making friends will help you get through all that. *Braces self for eye-rolls.*

1 hour ago, Lanuri said:

If you ever need my help, add Lanuri#0424 on Discord (so you can contact me) and I will gladly run BSH with you over cross-server until you get your bracelet. This goes for any other undergeared players that chance this thread! I have a clan dedicated to helping others, and we'll gladly befriend you.

Basically, the thing about BnS is that yeah, it ***ing sucks that 45-level content got killed. It ***ing sucks that NCSoft seems to be catering only to end-game, and that the only way to reliably run pre-level 50 content is to wait until Soul Fighter comes out (due to an influx of new players).

But like in any other MMORPG, being in a clan and making friends will help you get through all that. *Braces self for eye-rolls.*

Thx mate

8 hours ago, Dotimus said:

@Yetan

TLDR;

basically  was this what he said in the audio:

-content released to upgrade mats ratio problems,

-random boxes and locked content behind playwall

-performance and bots

WHile I do agree with the first and third bullet in this list, the second one is interesting.  First, there is no paywalls.  Second there were RNG boxes but they were removed... thankfully.  Also people tend to forget that granted it's a pain in the rear to do.  You can get hongmoon coins that will buy essentiallyt he same stuff as Ncoin.  Now granted the prices are lower than Ncoin,t hey can be reletivly harder to farm sometimes depending on your luck with RNG.  Some get them all the time, some do not.  Still the ability is there.  To expand further on paywall.  Think content on SWTOR, where you have to pay to apreciate it at all, on BnS, as a free player, yes you will be limited.  But you still can do it.  As a payed player, things like the infinite tower, you can pay for extra tickets... though again they are limited per day on how many can be used.  So, the term paywall is defenatly out of the picture.

In conclusion, there are two verry verry insightful words that need to be addressed.  First, I already adressed.  Paywall.  Second is P2w and it's variants of pay to Win.  There are no pay to win instances.  Everything can be gotten for free with enough hard work.  On top of that, nothing int he cash shop is exclusive to people who spend money.  Everything can be farmed up or crafted, even the consumables through dailies and wheel spins.  The term that should propperly be used for a game like BnS and many MANY other true FtP games is P2A.  Or Pay to Advance, which means if you have the money and wish to proceed quicker than others.  You can.  Or if you wish to "donate" to the devs to keep the game running but find nothing you want, you can buy these things and sell them on the market for profit to those who cannot just buy Ncoin and do have hard times with RnG rolls for hongmoon coins.

2 hours ago, azraelkun said:

being in a clan and making friends will help you get through all that

no eyeroll, but exactly how are you supposed to do that when most contact with people is just quick parties for shared questing or in cross server dungeons and then the party breaks up to do other things all trying to "beat the grind"?

1 hour ago, Roseenmark said:

The term that should propperly be used for a game like BnS and many MANY other true FtP games is P2A.  Or Pay to Advance, which means if you have the money and wish to proceed quicker than others.  You can.  Or if you wish to "donate" to the devs to keep the game running

Subscribers to BnS do get nothing really that aids in advancing. That costs extra for the RNG events. An extra spin on a daily dash that ends after 1 cycle, means that is lsot. Few extra places to sell gold on the market, well if you dont have enough gold to begin with you can afford to sell any. if you can't get the materials you need or someone else needs, then you cant sell extra things on the market either.

XP.. nothing of consequence because the shear excessive amount of XP giving by quests is more than you would get from killing anything. "gold form killing mobs" has anyone gotten even a silver for killing any mob? 100 mobs maybe 300 will earn you a gold, and not all mobs give this XP and "gold"

Wardrobe? this is something everyone needs to PLAY, it is the thing that causes people to want to buy NCoins for the outfits, but people jsut dont have fre access to it to create the revenue stream from the outfits that could have been.

class specific windstride animation helps you advance in the game right?

P2w is the proper term since everything to advance is tucked in some RNG even that you get from the cash shop.

Also remember P2W works because the game is NOT about PVE, or the Jinsoyun story arc which can be finished with 475 AP pirate weapon and siren accessories; but it PVP centered game, or so everyone keeps telling me. so the gear needed form these cash RNG events is for winning the PVP. getting those hongmoon skills for Arena by buying NCCoin to buy gold, to buy  those things form dungeons etc. do pets work in arena? if so their is a PVP arena buying mechanic, owPVP pets work in faction and 6v6 content.

2 hours ago, Roseenmark said:

In conclusion, there are two verry verry insightful words that need to be addressed.  First, I already adressed.  Paywall.  Second is P2w and it's variants of pay to Win.  There are no pay to win instances.  Everything can be gotten for free with enough hard work.  On top of that, nothing int he cash shop is exclusive to people who spend money.  Everything can be farmed up or crafted, even the consumables through dailies and wheel spins.  The term that should propperly be used for a game like BnS and many MANY other true FtP games is P2A.  Or Pay to Advance, which means if you have the money and wish to proceed quicker than others.  You can.  Or if you wish to "donate" to the devs to keep the game running but find nothing you want, you can buy these things and sell them on the market for profit to those who cannot just buy Ncoin and do have hard times with RnG rolls for hongmoon coins.

if you can do at most 10 per day but you have to pay to play  more than the first it is still a playwall.

nobody here where talking about P2W, stop trying to pull it that way. ( edit - ohh well, shadar just did....)

there is a difference in what you can get vs how fast you can get it ( or the game allows you to get it) and if the one at high equipment level felt that they need to pay to feel relevant as a player to do its 10 runs everyday ( as opposed to one) who am i to say otherwise ( it is his -streamer- opinion, not mine)

and almost forgot one other thing he said on the vid ( audio)

-faction imbalance

@Shadzar

almost certain if my fm where still at ~400 AP would have had no problem finishing the story content  ( the fight with Jinsoyun was pretty cheesy for a fm)

By coincidence I saw this youtuber /twitcher's video the day before u posted this. I remember kilryan from Tera and him giving helpful beserker guides.

Also, watched him on twitch and followed some guides for BnS. So he is influential. Seeing him leave the game does have a negative impact to me, it's just another blow subconsciously on BnS. But I'm hanging in there, this just doesn't help and it looks like he still plays Tera for so many years but lasted less than a year here.

16 hours ago, Nattia said:

Oh, I tried that. I was happy with my True Pirate, doing SSP and getting all the drops from the bosses for the first 2 weeks after Silverfrost update.

Then, after sometime, I did not get drops from every boss.

After a month, I stopped getting drops from most of the bosses.

Then I realised, that while I was busy enjoying the game at "MY OWN PACE", everyone else, who could no-life or spend money, went ahead and got True Scorpion and more. And so, I tried to no-life and went to True Breeze, but the problem is, I still have a Nebula Stone yet, I lost the motivation to grind for the Awakened Scorpion upgrade.

So, don't spread that BS about "PLAY AT YOUR OWN PACE". This is not a single-player game. It is an MMO. Every single thing others do affects you one way or the other. You either keep up with others or you get left behind and eventually, stop playing altogether.

Archived