Another good content creator quits...and here's why

LadyViera

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Dotimus said:

almost certain if my fm where still at ~400 AP would have had no problem finishing the story content  ( the fight with Jinsoyun was pretty cheesy for a fm)

I am guessing Shadzar meant 375, not 475. Story-content is sitting at around 350-400 AP depending on the class from what I was told. My WL is 400 AP, and I am not intending to upgrade him till I finish the story.

Kilryan is someone who made some very helpful guides for new B&S player. It is really bad to lose this kind of players.

And he's not the only one. So just to throw in some more for NCSoft to think about (in case they actually care):

I'm a pretty new player, and i don't find progression hard at all tbh. You can have 500AP in 2-3 weeks after reaching lvl 50 and thats enough to clear all content besides maybe Asura 4-man. And even that you can do with a good group. Everything else you don't need for doing the current content.

And if i understand correctly, you won't need legendary weapons for any content that will be released this year. 

I really don't know a single mmo where i could get the gear to clear all available content in only 3 weeks.

6 hours ago, Dotimus said:

if you can do at most 10 per day but you have to pay to play  more than the first it is still a playwall.

nobody here where talking about P2W, stop trying to pull it that way. ( edit - ohh well, shadar just did....)

there is a difference in what you can get vs how fast you can get it ( or the game allows you to get it) and if the one at high equipment level felt that they need to pay to feel relevant as a player to do its 10 runs everyday ( as opposed to one) who am i to say otherwise ( it is his -streamer- opinion, not mine)

and almost forgot one other thing he said on the vid ( audio)

-faction imbalance

@Shadzar

almost certain if my fm where still at ~400 AP would have had no problem finishing the story content  ( the fight with Jinsoyun was pretty cheesy for a fm)

I wouldn't call it a paywall, but a little unfair maybe.  However, I do believe the paid max is like +5 or somewhere around that line. Now, something that a lot of people forget is AP means nothing sometimes if you can't control the character you play.  BnS is skill based, and those who are very skillful tend to get a lot more out of it for free.  Granted this does put a small wrench in for casual players, but even they can get to learn a  character through time enough for it to be beneficial.

As for the p2w comment, I just wished to clear that up before it was used.  In today's gaming community when you use things like as you stated, paywall.  People automatically throw the words out.  

As for the story, I had a friend finish it with 300 AP as a challenge from one of the guild mates I was running with.  But, that is beside the point.  The guy spent days doing nothing but practicing his character to get ready for that challenge.  Needless to say the friend got 300g from the guildie for completing it and the satisfaction to say he was one of the lowest in AP tio do so.

6 hours ago, Shadzar said:

no eyeroll, but exactly how are you supposed to do that when most contact with people is just quick parties for shared questing or in cross server dungeons and then the party breaks up to do other things all trying to "beat the grind"?

Subscribers to BnS do get nothing really that aids in advancing. That costs extra for the RNG events. An extra spin on a daily dash that ends after 1 cycle, means that is lsot. Few extra places to sell gold on the market, well if you dont have enough gold to begin with you can afford to sell any. if you can't get the materials you need or someone else needs, then you cant sell extra things on the market either.

XP.. nothing of consequence because the shear excessive amount of XP giving by quests is more than you would get from killing anything. "gold form killing mobs" has anyone gotten even a silver for killing any mob? 100 mobs maybe 300 will earn you a gold, and not all mobs give this XP and "gold"

Wardrobe? this is something everyone needs to PLAY, it is the thing that causes people to want to buy NCoins for the outfits, but people jsut dont have fre access to it to create the revenue stream from the outfits that could have been.

class specific windstride animation helps you advance in the game right?

P2w is the proper term since everything to advance is tucked in some RNG even that you get from the cash shop.

Also remember P2W works because the game is NOT about PVE, or the Jinsoyun story arc which can be finished with 475 AP pirate weapon and siren accessories; but it PVP centered game, or so everyone keeps telling me. so the gear needed form these cash RNG events is for winning the PVP. getting those hongmoon skills for Arena by buying NCCoin to buy gold, to buy  those things form dungeons etc. do pets work in arena? if so their is a PVP arena buying mechanic, owPVP pets work in faction and 6v6 content.

Again, there is still an ability to get all these things with hongmoon.  As for buying gold or selling gold with Ncoin.  Once you hit 30, farming gold gets easier, byt the time you hit 40 it gets even easier.  By 50 in it, if you knwo what you are doing.  Willing to spend a couple hours doing so.  you can pull at the very least.  100g an hour.

As for what this game is, it's a PVE, with a side of PVP E-Sport.  So essentially it is both.  Both sides are equally played, and people complain cause they have to PVE so they can PvP.  As for hongmoon skills, yes, they take forever to farm.  But for due reason.  They are not skills that you see every day because they are rather powerful.  The necessities for that is done through The Tower and Zen Beans.  As for pets, There are pets that drop from what I have heard.  NCsoft are going to be making more pets drop as well through out the game.  Granted they work in Faction, however in the arena, you gain no stat bonuses what so ever, just visual.  So if you have a lvl 10 Lycan pet like my friend FLora on Poh has.(cute and shiney)  All that health, defence, and other stats are disabled while in the arena.

11 minutes ago, endervoid said:

I'm a pretty new player, and i don't find progression hard at all tbh. You can have 500AP in 2-3 weeks after reaching lvl 50 and thats enough to clear all content besides maybe Asura 4-man. And even that you can do with a good group. Everything else you don't need for doing the current content.

And if i understand correctly, you won't need legendary weapons for any content that will be released this year. 

I really don't know a single mmo where i could get the gear to clear all available content in only 3 weeks.

The bit part of this game is it's easy to get to XX level, but there are what you call skill gaps.  Anyone can rush through the content, but you really need skill to pass specific aspects.  Yes I say this alot, but I can't stress it enough.  This games system isn't like most where AP and HM means everything.  I've seen 35's out do 45 HM5's in both DPS, as well as survivability.  Same with the various HM's in the 50 catagory.  Seen people taht knew what they used, and people who just sucked and thought that they were good just cause their lvls and AP.

4 minutes ago, Roseenmark said:

Once you hit 30, farming gold gets easier, byt the time you hit 40 it gets even easier.  By 50 in it, if you knwo what you are doing.  Willing to spend a couple hours doing so.  you can pull at the very least.  100g an hour.

The majority of players would disagree with you. This must be something that was taught on foreign servers and brought here by existing players of the game, but for people NEW to BnS, but play other MMOs, this sort of mechanic or scheme is unintuitive to have to take part in to be able to progress.

I can ell you now I have NEVER seen 100g in the game. Closest I got was recently while i am HM5 and took over a week to get 80 gold and part of that was luck of RNG from radiant ring giving me 2 att +25 diamonds to be able to sell on the market for 11g each. So 22 of 80 was market leaving 58 gold earned form play, which is less than 10g per day for HM 5.

This is just an unnatural thing in the west for an MMO to play the market rather than get your own stuff as you can see in many posts where people ask "how are we supposed to get all this stuff own our own?" when dealing with much of the grind. Isn't this a martial arts game, not some bending machine game?

Well the only content creators that ever said anything about making money said along the lines of "if you know what you are doing" you can make X gold per day/hour/whatever, but NONE of them explained exactly how they proclaimed it to be done! I would bet the reason being that by the time they made such a walkthrough video on it, that it would change drastically or they would already have so much money they would undercut new people o the market to prevent them form making that much, or even raise the prices of the things needed to craft anything that may have been part of that income.

Also it doesn't take into account some of the things said the ping people have that causes problems form being able to farm materials in the first place. 1% damage in SSP to many people is impossible because of ping and game response time. Not to mention so many people in one place, like when E Fleet is in the daily challenge to kill Poh and you have much higher levels with stronger characters and equipment trying to kill her also, you have to compete for a drop.

The game is really to unstable for many people to play for the market to be a factor in progression. It would need more dedicated servers in locations to make the ping not be an issue like mentioned in one "i have quit BnS" video on youtube where they mention being half dead while waiting on the arena to load then in to begin the fight, and this person USED that to their advantage so their opponent couldn't have a chance at playing or winning. Also the glitches in skills and such.

The state of the game and its connection outside of Asia, due to internet in NA/EU means this game can NOT have a PVP component or the 1% mechanic because it faults people for living somewhere (rich or poor area) for having a crappy internet provider or crappy internet routing to the games servers.

51 minutes ago, Roseenmark said:

Again, there is still an ability to get all these things with hongmoon.  As for buying gold or selling gold with Ncoin.  Once you hit 30, farming gold gets easier, byt the time you hit 40 it gets even easier.  By 50 in it, if you knwo what you are doing.  Willing to spend a couple hours doing so.  you can pull at the very least.  100g an hour.

Really, 100g a day? And you are saving all the mats too? How? I am happy to make 30-40 g a day for 1-3 hrs of play, via Misty/SSP and a cottage TS industry.  The moment the SSP goes bad (there are not enough or too many over-geared people), my fortunes plummet. After 3 months of playing I have a pathetic main with 500 AP and a pathetic alt at 400 AP, and some 150 gold to my legacy. And I worked my sweet B off for those laughable stats, doing things that I'd rather not, like high level dungeons.

My next upgrade requires some 200 stingers. I got 20 or so, so far. That's two weeks of earning  at 30 g per day I can clear. Just for the stingers, and that's to get an entry level 50 Weapon. And not counting some 50 or 60 g the upgrade takes. Then, there are accessories at 30g a pop, not counting mats.

I understand that some players can farm 4M dungeons & do it very fast, but that's exceptional players in steady groups. Most of us do not have that kind of ability, certainly not the population that complains that they are left in the dust.

So, it's very well to say that you could theoretically pull in 100 g a day - and that's most likely at the expense of selling mats to the suckers like me - but practically, the game simply do not have the content that plain and simple rewards 100 g per hour of 'just playing'. It rewards maybe 3 or 5 g per hour for doing that on level 50.

I've tried to 'just play' at 'my own pace'. Now I work BnS like a sweatshop to break out of the MMO-poverty and try to predict the trends so I don't invest into the wrong character/wrong class/wrong faction like in a wrong stock for god's sake.

21 hours ago, Nattia said:

why don't people enjoy the game in their own pace... it's not like somebody is rushing you with a stick.

Too bad pacing of content updates and some baffling measures like removing green dungeons from cross-server list, which REALLY drives home the point some people have been making before said removal that this game is alt/newbie-unfriendly, undermine your point something fierce. Not close/at lvl 45+? GG trying to catch up. Not to mention some lowered drop rates in the lvl 50 stuff some other guy mentioned also not helping your point. Otherwise, I'd be wholeheartedly agreeing with you.

Some players WANT this game to be more alt/newbie-friendly, but NCsoft is pretty much actively going the opposite direction with virtually everything they've done up to this point.

23 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

I can ell you now I have NEVER seen 100g in the game. Closest I got was recently while i am HM5 and took over a week to get 80 gold and part of that was luck of RNG from radiant ring giving me 2 att +25 diamonds to be able to sell on the market for 11g each. So 22 of 80 was market leaving 58 gold earned form play, which is less than 10g per day for HM 5.

Surely it depends on how much time you have per day. But if you are doing the heroic lvl 50 dungeons+whatever is left for the daily challenge your are  getting 30-40 gold. Its not the best gold per hour, but more then the 10g per day you are making.

Then you have the lvl 45 soulstone dailies which will give you 15 soulstones (6g) for 10-15 minutes work.

Then you could do some crafting and even if you buy all the materials you can make 6-10g a day for 5 minutes work.

So you already making 40-55g per day this (not even good) way.

And with better gear you will get more options ofc.

6 minutes ago, Zuf said:

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

He's telling the truth. It's even faster once they saw that your credit card details are good. Then you'll get you NCoins in a couple of minutes,

11 minutes ago, endervoid said:

Surely it depends on how much time you have per day. But if you are doing the heroic lvl 50 dungeons+whatever is left for the daily challenge your are  getting 30-40 gold. Its not the best gold per hour, but more then the 10g per day you are making.

I have never had once time to run all heroic level 50 dungeons. But in my experience, they really did not pay that much gold.

Doing the SSP is my priority and I need 2 to 3 rounds of it to get the quests all done, save for the boar king. Them Misty, then repeat on the alt that can only do 40 ss a day.

I certainly do not sell Soulstones, because I need 60+ a day just to sustain crafting earnings and that's only for low-value MTS, hammers for Silverfrost Quartz for the future and the Premium refiners.

Very rarely I have enough time to run a Daily Challenge, and the starts have to align that the clan asks for people to join and I am done with the SSP. I am afraid to do anything purple via F8.

6 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Depends on how you play the Marketplace via guilds, SSP and whatnot... without that, there're dungeon dailies, which will give you around 20g, MAYBE 30g a day tops (assuming 4-man is off the table).

Thanks for confirming that! We at least play the same BnS, lol.

Saying that you can pull 100 g per hour to the new, under-geared and noobish is really like that infamous: "Let them eat cake!"

30-50 g a day is realistic, and you have to play a few hours to make that.

10 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I have never had once time to run all heroic level 50 dungeons. But in my experience, they really did not pay that much gold.

Doing the SSP is my priority and I need 2 to 3 rounds of it to get the quests all done, save for the boar king. Them Misty, then repeat on the alt that can only do 40 ss a day.

I certainly do not sell Soulstones, because I need 60+ a day just to sustain crafting earnings and that's only for low-value MTS, hammers for Silverfrost Quartz for the future and the Premium refiners.

Very rarely I have enough time to run a Daily Challenge, and the starts have to align that the clan asks for people to join and I am done with the SSP. I am afraid to do anything purple via F8.

You are getting stingers you can sell. And the ss you are getting is like getting gold, you don't need to buy them later. And if you craft MTS from the soulstones, you are making 30g per day only  out of this.

And i can't even do anything in ssp besides meteors and injured soldiers as  my faction has nearly zero population.

8 minutes ago, endervoid said:

You are getting stingers you can sell. And the ss you are getting is like getting gold, you don't need to buy them later. And if you craft MTS from the soulstones, you are making 60g per day only out of this.

I can't sell stingers, as I need 200+ of them for my next upgrade on my main who is only 500 AP. If I do anything that gets stingers, I do not have time for SSP/Misty.

No, I  cannot make 60g a day of the Moonwater TS cottage industry.

I can clear around 30 g a day if I sell the full batch of 10 MTS. They go for around 4 g 10 s, and after the commission and the money I pay for the regular refiner (because I only make premium ones), the wood, the Moonwater Tears and the quartz, that comes out around 30g profit with leftover ss saved for further upgrades. If I had another Soul Warden, I'd not have enough SS right now to put in 2 orders of ss per day, I can supply maybe 1.5 orders a day, clearing around 45 gold per day on average. But to get another Soul warden, well, I need to re-log in all the time on an inactive character. And that takes away from the play-time. It's far easier to level a craft on a char you are milk-running through the content. I am waiting for the 2xXP to do that.

I tries the Silverfrost TS, and that's 150 gold for the 10 of them at the current going rate, but the materials you need are far more expensive and rare. The shortage of keys in the SSP impacts my ability to get the Moonstones, and at 250 ss per order, I need 3 days to gather a comfortable amount of ss. So, the income will be less with it.

Today's full batch of MTS will go to the alt's upgrade so he can finish the story and mine SSP better. He is an alt on the dominant Faction, because I saw how badly my first faction is fairing. But he needs gear, so you have to invest in a character to get profit. Right now he can only bring in 40 ss a day.

14 minutes ago, endervoid said:

Surely it depends on how much time you have per day. But if you are doing the heroic lvl 50 dungeons

475 AP and siren accessories. there isnt a snowballs chance in hell i could get in a party to begin with for those dungeons, not even 6-man versions. Add to that bad ping/response time form the game and the lag from animations even though ctrl+f is supposed to reduce that so even more response time to perfom a skill means I have no chance in hades to get anywhere near that.. There was a Youtube video discussing this for EU, but it is very M rated for language so i wont even link it here. I just say it was there beside the video mentioned in the beginning of this thread when i "watched" that video and at 1 hour long this Y-something named person went into many good and bad things with BnS, and the ping being a major one in and out of Arena; so there is no hope with the way NA/EU has been designed for it to be done unless you have the best computer (this person did have a top of the line gaming computer) and the best internet (he had bad, but then got better internet), AND you happen to have connection from yourself TO the games servers that doesn't send you through the Hubble Telescope to get from your house to connect to the game!

That is what dumbfounds me about these people talking about this endgame content miss most in these videos about how MOST people cannot get to the endgame content, contrary to what Assistant Producer Jonathan "babbletr0n" Lien wishes to claim and what Producer Nico Coutant tries to claim in his "letter" that:

in an effort to streamline the player experience and consolidate the community around the Silverfrost area, which we believe is the best content Blade & Soul has to offer.

because some people cant really GET to that content that have been playing since release, and therefore (especially with the green dungeons being removed from cross server and dwindling playerbase at those levels) new players can NEVER hope to get to Silverfrost!

Maybe 3 years when they turn back on gem hammers from most dungeon drop boxes, and moonstones are in excess that prices drop to 10g for premium transformation stones, will new players even HOPE to be able to reach Silverfrost. But that will only happen if bots return to the arena to saturate the market with soulstones and drop them back to reasonable prices of around 8 silver each to then force ALL other prices to lower so people can skip dungeons for weapon upgrades like Croak King's Court, where Imperator Razor can still be found on market for 1~2g each months AFTER the release of Warlock class.

What would REALLY help streamline content and player experience is reducing amount of mats required to upgrade to Oathbreaker/Awakened Siren and beyond, since earlier mats didn't require more than 1 Transformation Stone and dozens of Soulstones for each, so that huge spike in mat amount is staggering and, quite frankly, retarded. Also, NOT do some really freaking dumb shit like removing green dungeons from cross-server list.

Less time high lvls spend gearing up, more time they may spare helping lowbies. What we have is just 'fake longevity' endgame BS, with ludicrous mat amount requirements, many of which behind RNG wall, but it's no use if no more people can even access these. It's one thing to streamline, but that is NOT what it is: it's just blatant, ill-thought out stalling.

4 minutes ago, Tsuchiryu said:

What would REALLY help streamline content and player experience is reducing amount of mats required to upgrade to Oathbreaker/Awakened Siren and beyond, since earlier mats didn't require more than 1 Transformation Stone and dozens of Soulstones for each, so that huge spike in mat amount is staggering and, quite frankly, retarded. Also, NOT do some really freaking dumb shit like removing green dungeons from cross-server list.

Yes, the new level 50 just after the story line faces the two Oathbreaker upgrades with the weapon drops he's got for completion and some 50 gold... Those two upgrades are 34 gold each, 180 and 190 soulstones and 11 and 12 MTS each. At this point your character is lucky to get 40 ss a day (that's what my alt does). Even with the developed crafting, we are looking at having to procure 520 soulstones (10+ days) and come up with a shortfall of at least 20 gold.

And that's to get your AP to 425 or so.

50 minutes ago, Shadzar said:

475 AP and siren accessories. there isnt a snowballs chance in hell i could get in a party to begin with for those dungeons, not even 6-man versions. Add to that bad ping/response time form the game and the lag from animations even though ctrl+f is supposed to reduce that so even more response time to perfom a skill means I have no chance in hades to get anywhere near that.. There was a Youtube video discussing this for EU, but it is very M rated for language so i wont even link it here. I just say it was there beside the video mentioned in the beginning of this thread when i "watched" that video and at 1 hour long this Y-something named person went into many good and bad things with BnS, and the ping being a major one in and out of Arena; so there is no hope with the way NA/EU has been designed for it to be done unless you have the best computer (this person did have a top of the line gaming computer) and the best internet (he had bad, but then got better internet), AND you happen to have connection from yourself TO the games servers that doesn't send you through the Hubble Telescope to get from your house to connect to the game!

With 475 you can run all 6 man (even asura if you are good). People are just idiots if they dont want to run with you.

54 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I can't sell stingers, as I need 200+ of them for my next upgrade on my main who is only 500 AP. If I do anything that gets stingers, I do not have time for SSP/Misty.

At the point you need the stingers yourself you already have the gear to clear all the current content including 4 man (minus asura 4). At least if you have a nice clan where you can run premade. And if you know what you are doing you can clear 4 man asura with 520-550 AP and corresponding crit values.

Problem is that pugs have insane demands on ap that you really don't need. The community is sometimes a little strange in this game to say the least. But thats not NCSofts fault when people are only able to do the content by massively outgearing it.

You don't need all the super expensive upgrades for anything at the moment, just stop looking for that 600+AP 6-man-yeti parties. These people are to bad to do any mechanics, so they need to skip them.

I had 6-man yeti parties with 3 fm all around 500 ap and they had doubts if our dps will be enough, when they alone should be able to kill yeti (even two FMs with 500 AP can do it). Just an example of how much of a difference there is between what pugs expect on AP and what you really need.

give all players their hongmoon skills and everything else they need for free instead so we dont have to read this kinda of bullshit everyday on this forum ppl crying about the mats and upgrades... i have worked hard on my gear , i got a KFM on 654 ap, and a Warlock on 590.. and i only play 6-7h / day..

This " community " is crying about everything they want everything for free, they dont want to put any effort into it so.. yeah just do it plz

Archived