Forums

[SPOILER ALL]Game inconsistencies and plot holes

Kohashi

7 hours ago, ManurhinMr73 said:

Also, don't forget this cool stuff being removed from the game:

1 hour ago, Kurokazu said:

This is old content. The original version of the story. All regions including Korea have the version we currently have.

About 2 years ago Team Bloodlust scrapped and redid the entire Silverfrost content including story, maps, and some characters. Originally they had a choice between Light and Dark paths, but it caused many problems such as the dark path storyline cutting off, and it separated the playerbase. In removing the path choices and altering the story, they left more room for future growth of the game and storyline. The original version's ending seemed more final and more was explained. But the new version opens up more possibilities.

For example: By keeping Mushin alive, he will come back as a stronger enemy in the future. Also instead of Yura being captured by Julia and forced to lay demon eggs (it's messed up), her absence is in line with Mushin's absence. So we will see what these characters have in store for us later on.

Gubong and Nam Soyoo's disappearance is also now a new mystery. In the original Gubong sacrifices himself to (supposedly) kill Yura, but now we don't know where he is. In Nam Soyoo's case, the original showed her being taken away by Gwon. Now we don't know what happened to her until 3.0 where she will make her reappearance.

SO while the original ending of Act 4 may make more sense, the current version of the story intentionally leaves a lot more unexplained so that we can find out as the new version of the story progresses.

Thank you both for these additional info. I was wondering how Jinsoyun took Yunwa away from Mushin in our version of the story. Maybe that was a hole in the story changes, or maybe it will lead to future mysteries about Mushin (e.g., he was using Jinsoyun to do this part of the work). In our version, Mushin definitely seems more evil than Jinsoyun and fits as a later boss in the plot, so the story and the game will continue.

But, did I give all my power away when turning Jinsoyun back to a child? Kind of weird that I had the power to wipe out the whole dark realm invasion, but still don't have the AP to do the epic level 50 dungeons... :P

30 minutes ago, Yetan said:

Thank you both for these additional info. I was wondering how Jinsoyun took Yunwa away from Mushin in our version of the story. 

There was a cut scene in our version where Yura shows up and gives Yunwa to Jinsoyun.  Guessing you skipped it or forgot about it.

36 minutes ago, Yetan said:

Thank you both for these additional info. I was wondering how Jinsoyun took Yunwa away from Mushin in our version of the story. Maybe that was a hole in the story changes, or maybe it will lead to future mysteries about Mushin (e.g., he was using Jinsoyun to do this part of the work). In our version, Mushin definitely seems more evil than Jinsoyun and fits as a later boss in the plot, so the story and the game will continue.

But, did I give all my power away when turning Jinsoyun back to a child? Kind of weird that I had the power to wipe out the whole dark realm invasion, but still don't have the AP to do the epic level 50 dungeons... :P

In our version, Soyeon gets Yunwa from Yura...right before JSY beats us to near death in Zaiwei lol (remember she throws her onto the floor).

I really loved how much more....human Soyeon seemed in the original. In the final battle she was much easier to sympathize with, she got her revenge, and she even protects us from Mushin. BUT, even though the outcome is different, the emotion and motives of Jin Soyeon's character are the same in the current version. So in a way, watching the original version helps us understand both why Soyeon did what she did and who she really is, and also why we spared her and how she felt about that.

In regards to us reverting her back to loli stage (xD):  In sacrificing our power in a selfless act to save our friends, we obtained the true power of Hongmoon (complete and utter selflessness and goodness). So no, we did not give our power away to revert Soyeon. It's just something we are able to do with the power we now have.

ALSO SIDE NOTE:
Nothing to do with Act 4, but the only thing NCwest actually changed in our story is Madun supposedly having the black rose and performing divination.
In reality, you actually go back in time. Madun never had the curse of the black rose and he has absolutely nothing to do with Jin Soyeon. Just so ya'll are aware if you already weren't lol

Mushin
If Gil was the right hand of Yungsang how didnt he knew that Yunwa was his descended all along?

The 8 Masters
They never mention anything about a lost member or whatever

You do realize Yunsang didn't even know about Mushin's descendant thing? He just found Yunwa and adopted her from her dying mother without ever knowing about the Mushin stuff, as the father was the one who carried the bloodline.

There is a foreshadowing element of the 8th master in Snowforest Monastery's Sanctum of the Eight; one of the eight arms on the buddha statue is broken.

57 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

ALSO SIDE NOTE:
Nothing to do with Act 4, but the only thing NCwest actually changed in our story is Madun supposedly having the black rose and performing divination.
In reality, you actually go back in time. Madun never had the curse of the black rose and he has absolutely nothing to do with Jin Soyeon. Just so ya'll are aware if you already weren't lol

Didn't they remove a lot of foreshadowing? Like the Bamboo Guard spies, Namsoyoo being a traitor, and Gil not being all who he claims to be.

And the there's the infamous Lycandi clothing quest.

4 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

In our version, Soyeon gets Yunwa from Yura...right before JSY beats us to near death in Zaiwei lol (remember she throws her onto the floor).

I really loved how much more....human Soyeon seemed in the original. In the final battle she was much easier to sympathize with, she got her revenge, and she even protects us from Mushin. BUT, even though the outcome is different, the emotion and motives of Jin Soyeon's character are the same in the current version. So in a way, watching the original version helps us understand both why Soyeon did what she did and who she really is, and also why we spared her and how she felt about that.

She didn't want to destroy the world in the original, she just wanted to kill Mushin. That's why she ordered Lusung to kill Yunhwa, so that while the dark gate would open during the ritual, the demon emperor would be unable to descend to the earth because there wouldn't be a compatible vessel.

7 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

Soyoo comes back in 3.0~
We got a ways to go yet lol

YuChun is Bae. Not just Bae, but THE ULTIMATE BAE. Sexiest man in the game. He belongs to the fans/players <333 hehe

Screenshot_160603_032.jpg

Yes please you sexy piece of *censored* ;)  LOL

well... I find him better looking than Junghado to be honest and that made me giggle as well. I was neeeeeeeah, you will suffice.. MMMMM.... come here!!!

@Shadovvv

That would be awesome actually. It is to be excepted since stories do evolve and things change. I would defo love to see that. Also this game seems not to have a wikia for it and it's characters... i mean not a proper one.

7 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

This is old content. The original version of the story. All regions including Korea have the version we currently have.

About 2 years ago Team Bloodlust scrapped and redid the entire Silverfrost content including story, maps, and some characters. Originally they had a choice between Light and Dark paths, but it caused many problems such as the dark path storyline cutting off, and it separated the playerbase. In removing the path choices and altering the story, they left more room for future growth of the game and storyline. The original version's ending seemed more final and more was explained. But the new version opens up more possibilities.

Sorry, but the main reason the storyline was changed was because of chinese gaming laws. Chinese laws says that the main character of a game cannot be classified as evil, which naturally caused problems since you go around killing peasants and stealing your allies' chi. Since Team Bloodlust couldn't publish in china with the old story, it ended up being rewritten. But since they rewrote alot of lore and many main characters, the new storyline ends up being inconsistent and full of plotholes. For some reason Team Bloodlust also neglected making everything consistent with the new lore/character motivations, which just furthers the problems the new storyline has.

The old storyline was consistent, that was never the issue, Team Bloodlust simply didn't have a choice whether to rewrite the story or not. Though they definitely should have made everything more in-line with new lore and so on, or just rewritten the pc's character and left the rest alone.

10 minutes ago, Ivalice said:

Sorry, but the main reason the storyline was changed was because of chinese gaming laws. Chinese laws says that the main character of a game cannot be classified as evil, which naturally caused problems since you go around killing peasants and stealing your allies' chi. Since Team Bloodlust couldn't publish in china with the old story, it ended up being rewritten. But since they rewrote alot of lore and many main characters, the new storyline ends up being inconsistent and full of plotholes. For some reason Team Bloodlust also neglected making everything consistent with the new lore/character motivations, which just furthers the problems the new storyline has.

The old storyline was consistent, that was never the issue, Team Bloodlust simply didn't have a choice whether to rewrite the story or not. Though they definitely should have made everything more in-line with new lore and so on, or just rewritten the pc's character and left the rest alone.

pfoooaaaah!!! really???? what a stupid law... wtf... I am sad right now, altho' I can understand that. pffft

Also, as a side note, Yu chun, everyone's favorite golden boy, was a  horrible human being in the original story, I hated him so much, he was power hungry and used us to do his dirty work in order to ascend to greater ranks and power. 

44 minutes ago, se said:

Also, as a side note, Yu chun, everyone's favorite golden boy, was a  horrible human being in the original story, I hated him so much, he was power hungry and used us to do his dirty work in order to ascend to greater ranks and power. 

Hwang Bo Seok and Yu Chun isn't the same character. Yu Chun just replaced Hwang in the new storyline. 

3 hours ago, Ivalice said:

Sorry but *facepalm*
That may have been an issue, but it certainly wasn't the main reason. The issue with the content started in Korea. The Korean playerbase was very unhappy with the way things were going. Players who chose the dark path simply couldn't progress any further without doing tons of dailies all the way to 50. It separated friends and divided the playerbase even further. On top of that, the result of act 4 left the story going in a strange direction; with theories of Mushin being a clone and weird things like that.

You're right though; China was an issue. Apparently their internet couldn't handle the original version of Kang Ryu City either (which was probably the largest scale city in all of mmo's). I'm sad they changed that, but it was mostly that big because it included questing for both the light and dark paths. FPS was really bad there too in general. If the major reason for them changing the content was because of China's laws, they could have simply removed the option to go the dark path in their version. BOOM! Problem solved.

Bloodlust worked on the changes a long time before it came to China. This was planned after getting feedback from Korean players, problems with progressing the storyline, and China's issues were the icing on the cake.

Edit: Also take note that there was a large portion of NPC dialogue not voiced when the original Silverfrost came out in Korea. Not even the main story quests. Only cut scenes and certain clips. So it oddly seemed more of a test than a finalized thing for some reason. They also went long periods of time without story updates. It basically wasn't going anywhere until their new version was complete.

53 minutes ago, se said:

The "Yuchun" of the old story was a completely different character, but yea he was a greedy evil piece of crap >< lol
That character was ugly too in comparison xD

If not for the story change, Yuchun would not exist. For that I am thankful <3 =P

17 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

Sorry but *facepalm*
That may have been an issue, but it certainly wasn't the main reason. The issue with the content started in Korea. The Korean playerbase was very unhappy with the way things were going. Players who chose the dark path simply couldn't progress any further without doing tons of dailies all the way to 50. It separated friends and divided the playerbase even further. On top of that, the result of act 4 left the story going in a strange direction; with theories of Mushin being a clone and weird things like that.

You're right though; China was an issue. Apparently their internet couldn't handle the original version of Kang Ryu City either (which was probably the largest scale city in all of mmo's). I'm sad they changed that, but it was mostly that big because it included questing for both the light and dark paths. FPS was really bad there too in general. If the major reason for them changing the content was because of China's laws, they could have simply removed the option to go the dark path in their version. BOOM! Problem solved.

Bloodlust worked on the changes a long time before it came to China. This was planned after getting feedback from Korean players, problems with progressing the storyline, and China's issues were the icing on the cake.

Edit: Also take note that there was a large portion of NPC dialogue not voiced when the original Silverfrost came out in Korea. Not even the main story quests. Only cut scenes and certain clips. So it oddly seemed more of a test than a finalized thing for some reason. They also went long periods of time without story updates. It basically wasn't going anywhere until their new version was complete.

Seems I'm wrong then. Apologies. However, if the main reasons was that it divided the playersbase, why not just remove the hongmun/darkness factions, and as you said, just remove the dark path altogether? They ended up removing both of those things anyway, so why not just remove the things that was actually bothering players instead of rewriting the entire story? Guess we'll never know...

One of the things you say is wrong though. Korea stopped receiving updates after the "season 2" update which included Act 5 and 6. Korea also didn't get the new story until december 2014. And by then both china's silverfrost, and act 5/6 had been out for a while.

1 hour ago, Ivalice said:

Seems I'm wrong then. Apologies. However, if the main reasons was that it divided the playersbase, why not just remove the hongmun/darkness factions, and as you said, just remove the dark path altogether? They ended up removing both of those things anyway, so why not just remove the things that was actually bothering players instead of rewriting the entire story? Guess we'll never know...

One of the things you say is wrong though. Korea stopped receiving updates after the "season 2" update which included Act 5 and 6. Korea also didn't get the new story until december 2014. And by then both china's silverfrost, and act 5/6 had been out for a while.

I'm aware of that. I'm sorry I didn't specify when they stopped the story updates. Also thank you. I wasn't aware of how far China got with the story before Korea got the change.

Anyway, they could have just removed the dark path for Korea as well, but I'm guessing it was mainly due to story reasons that everything was changed. They were going to change the outcome of Act 4 anyway so that the story could go down a new path. They had to rebuild the Silverfrost maps (which I believe Tencent had a hand in) and the new version of the story was released in China. So that was the finished product both content and story-wise for Korea and China.

It would be one thing if they just edited the Silverfrost content to make it suitable for China. But in changing the outcome of Act 4, that affects Korea's storyline for the entire future of the game xD

Edit:
I'm not sure how much Korea actually changed (if at all) of act 5/6 though. I'm trying not to spoil it for myself lol
They had to have edited some though because Kang Ryu City still existed in Korea at the time.

Edit2:
Looks like they literally kept the same cutscenes and changed the location to the new Zaiwei.

Kang Ryu City:

Zaiwei:

12 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

Soyoo comes back in 3.0~
We got a ways to go yet lol

YuChun is Bae. Not just Bae, but THE ULTIMATE BAE. Sexiest man in the game. He belongs to the fans/players <333 hehe

Screenshot_160603_032.jpg

Yes please you sexy piece of *censored* ;)  LOL

So true...

I guess it took me almost an hour longer to finish the last chapters of the story just because I made so, so much screenshots. xD

c67ee7-1465137655.jpg

btw just after the first Silverfrost Update where we first met him, someone wrote in the "favorite NPC"-Thread that there is some kind of rivalry between Junghado and Yu Chun regarding Yunma Fei, but up to now, I never saw or read anything that could count as such and I am pretty, pretty sure I never skiped any single line he said. :o

I hope that we will see those three again later in the game and that we will not travel to some distand Island and get all knew NPCs to interact with. :(

1 minute ago, SouthernLight said:

So true...

I guess it took me almost an hour longer to finish the last chapters of the story just because I made so, so much screenshots. xD

c67ee7-1465137655.jpg

btw just after the first Silverfrost Update where we first met him, someone wrote in the "favorite NPC"-Thread that there is some kind of rivalry between Junghado and Yu Chun regarding Yunma Fei, but up to now, I never saw or read anything that could count as such and I am pretty, pretty sure I never skiped any single line he said. :o

I hope that we will see those three again later in the game and that we will not travel to some distand Island and get all knew NPCs to interact with. :(

At the very end Junghado slips out a mistake.. which he corrects right away.. He goes like.. "i will be beside Yunma... ermmm...I mean the empresses side" so... yeah... confirmed!

Also Yumna Fei gives a few clue as she says that she was by his side while Yu Chun was in the Capital Zaiwei handling the affairs and politics.

His mistake reminded me on the one Yunma Khan makes in the presence of the regretted Empress Namsolyn which he also corrects. Only that to find out he later marries her and they have a daughter (Yunma Fei).. so yeah... Fei + Jungahado= <3!

4 minutes ago, SouthernLight said:

So true...

c67ee7-1465137655.jpg

Pshhht yea there's no rivalry at all. To be honest Yuchun seems much more interested in the player than anyone else.....I wonder if that's intended fan service xD

I'm curious to see how they implement Yuchun into the future acts after the story change since he wasn't a character in the original Act 4. I want to see him again x.x
I know we do see Junghado in the next act....with a haircut apparently -.-
I hope to God they changed that LOL

Also this was long before they fixed the face animations (my poor Gon's face was slightly distorted when they broke it -.-), but I got my own share of screenshots. The shipping is strong with this one haha <3

Screenshot_160330_001.jpgScreenshot_160401_003.jpgScreenshot_160401_004.jpg

Yes, I noticed that Junghado has something for Yunma Fei and vice versa.

But it never felt like a triangle thing.

Great screens, Kurokazu.
We should open some kind of Yu Chun x Player - Thread full of screens. Poor guy, he's just standing there and we do crazy stuff with him. XD

Wait... Junghado get's A HAIRCUT!!? OH NO! XD

5 minutes ago, SouthernLight said:

Yes, I noticed that Junghado has something for Yunma Fei and vice versa.

But it never felt like a triangle thing.

Great screens, Kurokazu.
We should open some kind of Yu Chun x Player - Thread full of screens. Poor guy, he's just standing there and we do crazy stuff with him. XD

Wait... Junghado get's A HAIRCUT!!? OH NO! XD

They will definitely end up getting married. It's a given at this point <3

Thanks!! ^_^
I would TOTALLY be down for that. Let's do it!!! (imagines all the screenshots of female characters giving him lap dances....poor Yuchun LOL)

The haircut......brace yourselves......

Junghadohair.png

6 minutes ago, SouthernLight said:

O_O
lol now that you showd me this...  I already saw him...  in a cutscene on YouTube...  and I was like "Who is this guy with Yunma Khans haircut and Junghados armor?"
Shame on my I did not recognize him. :o

Yep i know x.x

BUT....in our version in act 4, we saw him with that armor and his original hair cut. So....I have hope xD

Edit: Nvm it's the same in the original. So who knows ='(

Oh dear GOD... why........I know it is said that girls prefer men who resemble their father but this... lol.. RIP. I guess now... Juwol is the only one left with that haircut XD

The armor is bad enough... please no... D:

Oh well whatevs!!.. Yu Chun all the way :).

Archived