[SPOILER ALL]Game inconsistencies and plot holes

Kohashi

Well maybe somebody can shed some light into these because i'm pretty o.O

Lusang- what exactly happened to him.

1. you see his initial betrayal and then at Whalesong cove you see him in his Hongmoon uniform passed out, in Jinsoyun's graps which transforms him moments later on how you will meet him for the rest of the story. 

2. after you fight him and he flees (when you obtain mushin's legacy) crawling back to jinsoyun pleading for mercy and help. What happens to him? Did Jinsoyun finished him? It's the last you see of him.

3. When you enter the tutorial and the prologue of the story he is a KFM while later he appears to be a FM.. o.O wassup with that?

Hajoon

In the prologue he is a BD and all of his tutorials he appears as FM.

Junghado

Where is his back story? 

There is a NPC that you meet in primeval forest that says he is was apprentice.(chilyeon)

Mushin

First time after he transforms from Gil into who he really is his appearance is aged, appropriately with the human years he would be. Next time you see him, he's back to his baby prime. How? What happened.

If Gil was the right hand of Yungsang how didnt he knew that Yunwa was his descended all along?

Yunwa

Does she still have the power of Mushin? Why is she so weak?

The introductory story for her placed her 16 years ago. Is that a typo? She looked around like 16-17 back then which now would have her 32+ looking like a 15 y.o kid.

The 8 Masters

Every master has a bit of involvement in the story with Madun being the most active but The Blade master one has 0, Who is he? (his costume is awesome too). and why the 8 masters when in the story there are only 7?

They never mention anything about a lost member or whatever.

43 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

Lusang- what exactly happened to him.

1. you see his initial betrayal and then at Whalesong cove you see him in his Hongmoon uniform passed out, in Jinsoyun's graps which transforms him moments later on how you will meet him for the rest of the story. 

2. after you fight him and he flees (when you obtain mushin's legacy) crawling back to jinsoyun pleading for mercy and help. What happens to him? Did Jinsoyun finished him? It's the last you see of him.

Lusung was transformed into a monster, so that's considered the end of him.

3. When you enter the tutorial and the prologue of the story he is a KFM while later he appears to be a FM.. o.O wassup with that?

Hajoon

In the prologue he is a BD and all of his tutorials he appears as FM.

I'll think of it that it's because in reality, anyone can study all kinds of martial arts as long as you can control your chi. But that is locked on us, that's what most games do so if we ever want to play another class, we should re-roll to spend on it again.

Mushin

First time after he transforms from Gil into who he really is his appearance is aged, appropriately with the human years he would be. Next time you see him, he's back to his baby prime. How? What happened.

They are called ageless four Guardians, I remember old-man Cho saying that, so maybe he can control his appearance just like how he pretended as Gil.

If Gil was the right hand of Yungsang how didnt he knew that Yunwa was his descended all along?

I think Mushin knew, he just waited until Yunwa becomes the legacy herself, that's where he began to move right? He also had a compass, so maybe he found Yunwa and befriended Lumang until he became his right hand.

The 8 Masters

Every master has a bit of involvement in the story with Madun being the most active but The Blade master one has 0, Who is he? (his costume is awesome too). and why the 8 masters when in the story there are only 7?

They never mention anything about a lost member or whatever.

The Blade Master is Gunma, The Star Blade.

Madun did mention the first time you met them that one of them had passed away so they're down to 7, and they feel sad about the last member.

Everything I said might not be right, but those are the only explanations I could think of.

Yusung gets turned into that crow demon. He will appear again as the final boss in this instance:

The 8 masters:
Gunma is the Blade Master. He doesn't talk much, but his involvement in the story goes back before the story ingame. He used to be Jin So Yeon's lover when she was training under Biwol. This can be seen in the Korean comics (don't have a link atm).

The 8th master is Julia. She represents the Warlocks. She used to be one of the 8 masters, but was resurrected by the Ebondrake Cult and became evil. She will appear later in the story. 

hey guys!

@Kurokazu thanks for that. Well Jinsoyun says he will make him eternal but nothing is shown after that. I assumed he was dead since he also appeared at the end of act 4 but nothing was explain what became of him or what happened. Also in regard with him being turned into a monster well he was turned into one pretty much back at whalecove Song. But why he was passed out and all again I do not understand. didnt he wish for this? Wasnt his intent to join forces with Jinso, why not accept the power willingly.

He was jinsoyun lover and he has 0 story involvement in the game... really?????????  I feel an acute KR drama disappointment right now XD! Why did he forsaken her, geez.

@Lucien

ehh Hajoon was not that advanced. granted he is further ahead than you when you first start but not all that ahead. I remember later on when you meet Lunsung that  he mentioned the hongmoon book  (k) passed to you even if he was training longer with Hong than you. Which made me believe that not all of them have it (if any).

ageless guardians??????? explain this please 

5j5sGXD.jpg

HxTRRXl.jpg

Well why would he want somebody else take his legacy? As he Jiwan was saying after his return from the dark realm the hunger for power became his downfall. If power is what he wanted he could have taken his legacy back.

Also why not tell Yunwa where it was. She would have gone for sure, specially if he knew it was his descendant.

23 minutes ago, Romeo21 said:

I thought his last costume was this one. http://prntscr.com/bc8odj

Any idea if where and when will we get it? That was in TW server by the way.

That costume is from Hell Island. The Clan v. Clan instance and part of the outfit is also craft-able via clan crafting.

This is his final outfit:
910394f_11.jpg910394f_21.jpg

Yusung's instance was released sometime before 3.0. I'm not sure if we will get it this year because you get other legendaries from it I believe.

15 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

@Kurokazuhey guys thanks for that. Well Jinsoyun says he will make him eternal but nothing is shown after that. I assumed he was dead since he also appeared at the end of act 4 but nothing was explain what became of him or what happened. Also in regard with him being turned into a monster well he was turned into one pretty much back at whalecove Song. But why he was passed out and all again I do not understand. didnt he wish for this? Wasnt his intent to join forces with Jinso, why not accept the power willingly

That part was a little confusing I know xD

He didn't get turned into a monster there. Soyeon left with him and summoned the monster for us to deal with after they left. From what I inferred, she still needed a vessel and was planning on using Yusung because she thought you were dead (quote: "You'll do nicely" to the unconscious Yusung). When she finds out you are still alive, she no longer needs Yusung as a vessel.

Edit: Also his appearance at the end of act 4 was just a memory of the school having a meal together. That wasn't their ghosts in that scene.

45 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

ehh Hajoon was not that advanced. granted he is further ahead than you when you first start but not all that ahead.

How can you be so sure of Hajoon's limitations? The fact the he can teach you which isn't supposed his main class already explains that he knew some other martial arts, but not that very advanced, that's why he couldn't teach you very much.

ageless guardians??????? explain this please 

5j5sGXD.jpg

HxTRRXl.jpg

Oh c'mon... Old-man cho said that. And the FACT that he could TRANSFORM as Gil and TURNING back younger, already EXPLAINS that he can CONTROL his appearance, isn't it? That's not considered a plot hole, if you see a character changing appearances in any other shows, will you say that it's a plot hole? It just means that he can control his own appearance.

Well why would he want somebody else take his legacy? As he Jiwan was saying after his return from the dark realm the hunger for power became his downfall. If power is what he wanted he could have taken his legacy back.

Also why not tell Yunwa where it was. She would have gone for sure, specially if he knew it was his descendant.

That's why he took Yunwa when she became the legacy, he might not have anticipated that she will become the legacy herself, since it was you who decided to use it to save her.

Also It was Gil who mention Yunwa about the legacy, isn't it? And how could he tell where it was if he ISN'T the one who hid it? It was the Sages who hid the Legacy, not Mushin himself because he was trapped in the Dark Realm in that time.

@Lucien

It still makes no sense.

Granted that he can change body shapes does not still explain why would he transform 'back' as an old  version of self.. why not as a young and how he truly is? The Gil body shape was used as deception and to put in motion whatever plans he had but him as old Mushin version of himself makes no sense to me, thus the plot hole I feel it exists.

btw... Gil tells you initially that Yunwa is his daughter..LOL

WCnWy2D.jpg?1

11 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

@Lucien

It still makes no sense.

Granted that he can change body shapes does not still explain why would he transform 'back' as an old  version of self.. why not as a young and how he truly is? The Gil body shape was used as deception and to put in motion whatever plans he had but him as old Mushin version of himself makes no sense to me, thus the plot hole I feel it exists.

btw... Gil tells you initially that Yunwa is his daughter..LOL

WCnWy2D.jpg?1

Because that old appearance is his original looks, and so that's how he looks when he undo that Gil appearance. Yeah they are called ageless so they shouldn't look old is what you think, but on their case, that ageless means immortality. Not the immortality that you often see in the fantasy movies, it's more like a martial art technique that makes you live longer than anybody, That's why Master Hong and Iksanun lived for a long time.

And haven't you remembered, he called Yunwa his daughter to take your pity of saving her? And when you met Yunwa, she have this thought "Gil is my Dad... Gil is my Dad, I must remember that." something like that because she understood the gig.

well i guess that is your take on events and why he appears old so I give you that :). I am altho' not satisfied with that because look at iksanun they are the same and yet.. well.. yeah..

The reason why they lived so long in my opinion is because the divine realm granted them power and made them the protectors against the dark realm along with the sacred beasts.

well I know it's a gig but it's funny none the less to me.

For Mushin, I think the problem with older versus younger is easier to clear up, but I have watched the Korean storyline up to act 6, so I've seen a lot of material that was scraped from our version. 

Spolier Alert! :  When he attacks Jiwan to steal the celestial blade he thought he deserved as well and Jinseoyun is confronted by the other guardians, Mushin tries to strike her dead before she can tell the others it was him who tried to kill Jiwan, but Jiwan jumps to protect her and is killed. At that moment, Jin, having received both Jiwan's chi and arcanum and holding the celestial blade, goes berserk and attack both Mushin and Iksanun, heavily wounding them and sealing away some of their power (this is mentioned briefly in our story as well, but no explanation is given as to whom or why they lost their powers). That is why they are both left weaken and they lose a large part of their mystical attributes. 

Now, because his legacy has been locked away by the sages and, most likely, because Mushin himself is corrupted and possessed by the dark Lord's soul housed inside of him, he is unable to enter the tomb himself and get it back, however, when Yunwha receives it, he attacks and steals it back, thus he starts to recover his powers little by little, until he is rejuvenated completely. 

24 minutes ago, se said:

For Mushin, I think the problem with older versus younger is easier to clear up, but I have watched the Korean storyline up to act 6, so I've seen a lot of material that was scraped from our version. 

Spolier Alert! :  When he attacks Jiwan to steal the celestial blade he thought he deserved as well and Jinseoyun is confronted by the other guardians, Mushin tries to strike her dead before she can tell the others it was him who tried to kill Jiwan, but Jiwan jumps to protect her and is killed. At that moment, Jin, having received both Jiwan's chi and arcanum and holding the celestial blade, goes berserk and attack both Mushin and Iksanun, heavily wounding them and sealing away some of their power (this is mentioned briefly in our story as well, but no explanation is given as to whom or why they lost their powers). That is why they are both left weaken and they lose a large part of their mystical attributes. 

Now, because his legacy has been locked away by the sages and, most likely, because Mushin himself is corrupted and possessed by the dark Lord's soul housed inside of him, he is unable to enter the tomb himself and get it back, however, when Yunwha receives it, he attacks and steals it back, thus he starts to recover his powers little by little, until he is rejuvenated completely. 

yeah it kind of makes sense now.

i wish they didn't butcher the story in NA like they did. In an earlier topic i did speculate that he regains his legacy back from yunwa but there was absolutely no indication as such in our story. Nor why he needed yunwa to retrive it.

Also he does mentions the loss of power as you said here:

lQXlrEI.jpg

Sure, he has taken part of the dark lord inside him in his struggle to seal the dark lord and save the earthen realm but again there is no indication of such in our version just something vaguely mentioned by jiwan and her monster reference which can be interpreted in more than 1 way.

ARc4Ygs.jpg

well, I'm kind of happy that my assumptions regarding Junghado fancing Yunma Fei were correct !!  At least now I know Yu Chun is all 100% mine teehee :3..

Namsoyoo will come back and she will r*pe Yu Chun... Joke!

5 minutes ago, Lucien said:

psst..if she tries that..  I will make her regret she didn't die the first time at the hands of Jinsoyun.

11 minutes ago, ManurhinMr73 said:

Also, don't forget this cool stuff being removed from the game:

Dunno what's the matter with NCSoft but they don't even try anymore (Skip to13:30)

Might be because "It's better to put the money in our wallets, than spending them for voice actors.

Edit: Thanks for sharing by the way.

Look into your quest log

choose the completed quest tab 

there are information on quest you previously done and also background to character and hidden stories.

most people don't pay attention to completed quest log and choose to follow story through cutscenes and get completely lost.

For example story of junghado. It is quite simple.

he was born a poverty child or some sort and then struggle in the army and become great man ya da yada yada.

then met the princess and yada yadayada and became captain to guard princess. Just read about it in completed story quest log

6 hours ago, Lucien said:

Soyoo comes back in 3.0~
We got a ways to go yet lol

6 hours ago, Kohashi said:

psst..if she tries that..  I will make her regret she didn't die the first time at the hands of Jinsoyun.

YuChun is Bae. Not just Bae, but THE ULTIMATE BAE. Sexiest man in the game. He belongs to the fans/players <333 hehe

Screenshot_160603_032.jpg

Yes please you sexy piece of *censored* ;)  LOL

Just now, Kurokazu said:

Soyoo comes back in 3.0~
We got a ways to go yet lol

YuChun is Bae. Not just Bae, but THE ULTIMATE BAE. Sexiest man in the game. He belongs to the fans/players <333 hehe

Screenshot_160603_032.jpg

Yes please you sexy piece of *censored* ;)  LOL

That guy made me laugh. It's a great game but why NCSoft, why?
Also, Namsoyoo a Hoe.

18 hours ago, ManurhinMr73 said:

Also, don't forget this cool stuff being removed from the game:

Dunno what's the matter with NCSoft but they don't even try anymore (Skip to13:30)

This is old content. The original version of the story. All regions including Korea have the version we currently have.

About 2 years ago Team Bloodlust scrapped and redid the entire Silverfrost content including story, maps, and some characters. Originally they had a choice between Light and Dark paths, but it caused many problems such as the dark path storyline cutting off, and it separated the playerbase. In removing the path choices and altering the story, they left more room for future growth of the game and storyline. The original version's ending seemed more final and more was explained. But the new version opens up more possibilities.

For example: By keeping Mushin alive, he will come back as a stronger enemy in the future. Also instead of Yura being captured by Julia and forced to lay demon eggs (it's messed up), her absence is in line with Mushin's absence. So we will see what these characters have in store for us later on.
(Edit: If Act 5 is still the same, Yura will still be laying demon eggs regarless >< LOL)

Gubong and Nam Soyoo's disappearance is also now a new mystery. In the original Gubong sacrifices himself to (supposedly) kill Yura, but now we don't know where he is. In Nam Soyoo's case, the original showed her being taken away by Gwon. Now we don't know what happened to her until 3.0 where she will make her reappearance.

SO while the original ending of Act 4 may make more sense, the current version of the story intentionally leaves a lot more unexplained so that we can find out as the new version of the story progresses.

27 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:
27 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

This is old content. The original version of the story. All regions including Korea have the version we currently have.

About 2 years ago Team Bloodlust scrapped and redid the entire Silverfrost content including story, maps, and some characters. Originally they had a choice between Light and Dark paths, but it caused many problems such as the dark path storyline cutting off, and it separated the playerbase. In removing the path choices and altering the story, they left more room for future growth of the game and storyline. The original version's ending seemed more final and more was explained. But the new version opens up more possibilities.

For example: By keeping Mushin alive, he will come back as a stronger enemy in the future. Also instead of Yura being captured by Julia and forced to lay demon eggs (it's messed up), her absence is in line with Mushin's absence. So we will see what these characters have in store for us later on.

Gubong and Nam Soyoo's disappearance is also now a new mystery. In the original Gubong sacrifices himself to (supposedly) kill Yura, but now we don't know where he is. In Nam Soyoo's case, the original showed her being taken away by Gwon. Now we don't know what happened to her until 3.0 where she will make her reappearance.

SO while the original ending of Act 4 may make more sense, the current version of the story intentionally leaves a lot more unexplained so that we can find out as the new version of the story progresses.

Thanks for the explanation, fella. So, the volcano lands (a cliche in every mmo) and the dark realm is possible then?

1 hour ago, Kurokazu said:

I've been wondering, is there a list of changes between the original and current storylines?

Archived