GM impersonation? Scam??

RudeBwoii

I got contacted about 10 minutes ago via whisper by someone on Yunwa server basically telling me that they are  GM and i won 4000 NCoin from NCsoft and i should visit the website to claim my prize.

basically in quotes: xxxxxxxxx: "GM: We are happy to inform you that you have won a 4000 NCoin form NCsoft. Visit website to claim your prize w ww.ncsoftgm.co m"

everything in quotes is exactly as they said it without error including the "form". Now maybe this is a GM (highly doubt it) or maybe this is a new scam thats taking shape, anyway u shake it NCsoft needs to look into it.

Unaltered Screenshots with name and conversation along with the character profile (f2) available on request or i can remove the name to avoid "naming and shaming"

Please GM/Mod please look into this.

7l2lbPc.jpg?2

Hoping for a swift response.

You should never visit websites which are close to being official ones. The only officials are bladeandsoul.com and ncsoft.com. Plus, if they ever made giveaways, they woul make it through emails (see subsciption event later on).

please make a ticket about that. It is a real account which has been compromised and is now used.

I came across an account which said the same thing but it was lvl 45 HM2 which indicated the account has been inactive for some time.

37 minutes ago, Kohashi said:

please make a ticket about that. It is a real account which has been compromised and is now used.

I came across an account which said the same thing but it was lvl 45 HM2 which indicated the account has been inactive for some time.

yeah but looking at the gear and outfit Pistachio Dream is only 2 days old and that kfm is 50.6, so unless he lost his account in the last few hours or day or so then that seems more or less the actual owner...  as to why the owner would use his acct?? i dunno but who knows maybe he did get hacked maybe he didnt. Am too lazy to make a ticket anyway, the info is on that screenie if NCsoft GM or mod want the name they can always post here and i link it to them otherwise making a ticket and going through the rigmaroll with them is a huge waste imo; will it bit me in the ass later? maybe but for now aint nobody got time for that, they need fix their shit and they want fix their shit then let them hunt down info and culprit assuming they are even remotely interested.

2 minutes ago, RudeBwoii said:

yeah but looking at the gear and outfit Pistachio Dream is only 2 days old and that kfm is 50.6, so unless he lost his account in the last few hours or day or so then that seems more or less the actual owner...  as to why the owner would use his acct?? i dunno but who knows maybe he did get hacked maybe he didnt. Am too lazy to make a ticket anyway, the info is on that screenie if NCsoft GM or mod want the name they can always post here and i link it to them otherwise making a ticket and going through the rigmaroll with them is a huge waste imo; will it bit me in the ass later? maybe but for now aint nobody got time for that, they need fix their shit and they want fix their shit then let them hunt down info and culprit assuming they are even remotely interested.

Let me just say...

"People like to stay in the fire and complain that is hot"

Just now, Kohashi said:

Let me just say...

"People like to stay in the fire and complain that is hot"

that is true. but its also true that this game going bonkers means little to nothing to me. How many times have i posted about the whispers and friend request and mails and bot spams to these guys and they sit on their hands and do nothing? i remember a few months ago i was getting mails from bots selling gold "Dear Hero," i posted about it and made a ticket. Know what they said to me??? Naming and shaming is against the rules and i should not do it, removed my posts and closed ticket. so why the *cricket* should i give a rats ass if they wanna fix their shit? am simply letting ppl and NCsoft know whats up and whats going on atm. I am not wasting my time making anymore tickets cuz its just that A HUGE WASTE OF TIME. I have the same exact bots with the same Profile Name sending me friend request since fedbruary how many times i report it and they do nothing.... what makes this time so different????? i can reel off a string of bot names that have been afk farming E.Fleet and Nightshade Harbor for the last few months and they done nothing (well assuming they didnt ban them yet since its been like a month i dont go in those places) but yeah these bots get reported by like everybody for months straight and up until i stopped going in dem areas they were there.

TL:DR the fire aint hot to me, am just giving them a headsup that these schemes are going on and whether they wanna fix it or not have shit to do with me.

1 minute ago, Kohashi said:

let me put it in perspective to you...

You sat here in the forums typing all of those replies when you could have simply submit a ticket and actually actively make the game better. 

except it does nothing and a waste of time because they wont do shit about it?

Just now, RudeBwoii said:

that is true. but its also true that this game going bonkers means little to nothing to me. How many times have i posted about the whispers and friend request and mails and bot spams to these guys and they sit on their hands and do nothing? i remember a few months ago i was getting mails from bots selling gold "Dear Hero," i posted about it and made a ticket. Know what they said to me??? Naming and shaming is against the rules and i should not do it, removed my posts and closed ticket. so why the *cricket* should i give a rats ass if they wanna fix their shit? am simply letting ppl and NCsoft know whats up and whats going on atm. I am not wasting my time making anymore tickets cuz its just that A HUGE WASTE OF TIME. I have the same exact bots with the same Profile Name sending me friend request since fedbruary how many times i report it and they do nothing.... what makes this time so different????? i can reel off a string of bot names that have been afk farming E.Fleet and Nightshade Harbor for the last few months and they done nothing (well assuming they didnt ban them yet since its been like a month i dont go in those places) but yeah these bots get reported by like everybody for months straight and up until i stopped going in dem areas they were there.

TL:DR the fire aint hot to me, am just giving them a headsup that these schemes are going on and whether they wanna fix it or not have shit to do with me.

let me put it in perspective to you...

You sat here in the forums typing all of those replies when you could have simply submit a ticket and actually actively make the game better. 

5 minutes ago, RudeBwoii said:

except it does nothing and a waste of time because they wont do shit about it?

Then why are you even making this topic for if you think they will not do anything about it?

Logic not found. I'm done here.

Archived