Low Level Characters running Dungeons with Higher Level Characters: Waste of Time

MaxxFaraday

Level 20 character.  I have tried to run Blackram Narrows today and each time there are level 50s that run ahead past things I can't get past and kill bosses that I am too far away from and so I can't roll on loot that I may need.  Many times they don't even loot the bosses.

This is just dick moves by people that don't care that I actually need to run it for the drops, they just want to finish quickly.  If they are that impatient then they should just go to the entrance and walk in to run it by themselves.

If they haven't looted the chest yet, then you can go and open the chest yourself. No problem there.

If you stay right behind the level 50s as they go through, they'll draw aggro from the mobs. If you ask them in party chat, they'll probably slow down and give you a hand.

They can't actually run faster than you even if you're only level 20 so just be aware of where your team is and try to keep up. They're there to do the Daily Challenge, not admire the scenery, so do your best to keep up.

I agree with OP, I've tried running it several times today on my Destro alt since I need her Axe and all they do is blow through and say screw the level 20's that make up half the PT.  Cross server for many as of the patch is having issues, mainly slow load time or Disconnects, and so many lower levels have been loading in behind the level 50's who just blow through all the mobs and bosses leaving everyone behind with a shit ton of mobs. If you are just behind them they agro bosses and turn you and the PT into KFC.

Multiple times I have spoke up on chat asking them to hold up and wait for those that NEED this dungeon. Not a single response and they leave you to die.

I'm sorry but if you have this as a daily challenge you are more then high enough level to blow through this dungeon solo. There is no need to cross server it. If you are going to cross server, know you are going to have level 20's and under in your PT.. don't be ass holes and blow through. Many are running these dungeons for the 9+ time for their weapon.

To add to this, I just ran it again.. they litteraly waited until I got to the edge or the ramp, started the final boss and flame broiled my ass. Were they nice enough to rez me after? Nope, dropped PT and left me dead up there because they couldn't wait the fraction of a second for me to clear the ramp. As my husband said when he walked by they need to remove the high level dailies from the low level dungeons there is no need for them to be run.

Considering that i saw that quite few times on multiple char i have to agree with op XD

Usually i kill everything in my path as it seems to me that mobs simply have shorter aggro range the higher lvl you at least it feels that way so even if you stick close to high lvls its quite easy for low lvl to get aggro from straglers.

Higher lvls have more skills unlocked and they will be faster for sure. Ever so often you get ppl that don't wait for anyone and will wipe whole party if they can with those cursed flames as that has happen to me often if i happen to lag behin.

Only positive thing is that many ppl still run blackram so its not hard to find party at any time.

But in general having certain dungeon as part of daily is actually bad thing 90% of time. Already explained why its bad for low lvl dungeons but its not that diffrent for high level dungeons as underlvl/gear ppl will want to do them just for daily and then hit the wall where nobody wants them in pt for obvious reason...

Or things like Poharan or Mystery man where boss dies before you can even finish 1 rotation coz there are so many ppl around and your crappy geared char can't get loot XD

What annoys me is when the level 50 runs ahead, leaves you to fight the trash, and then when you get to the space the firewall spawns on, starts the fight so you insta die.  

Slow loading can do this as well.  you load in, are way behind, try to catch up, and hi the fire at just the wrong time.

Also you can be staying around for the auction and the level 50 HM 10 runs ahead, causing the same problem when you rush to catch up.

But it's not always like that. and most will at least wait for you to get close enough to the final boss.  And sometimes it's really an accident.

Yes it gets annoying but on the plus side you can find bot bidding wars and get over 1 silver if you are lucky. :)

They really need to remove the high level dailies from the low level dungeons Coz its really annoying having a level 50 who run through the dungeon, leaving low level behind with tone of mobs. 

If the high level aggros the monsters and outruns them, you are fine as long as you keep pace (and don't load slow or stop for auctions)

but if they just sprint jump over them, then you have to do the same. and if you are even slightly off on that you get tagged.  not fun.

simple fix. put a firewall behind  every group of trash.  no more skipping :)

It might be hard to imagine but level 50's will troll fellow level 50's as well. I had a Tomb of Exiles daily today (level 30 dungeon). I have a rather slow loading screen, so I'm about a screen away from the rest of the party. They literally waited until I'm in close proximity to the first miniboss before purposely starting the fight, so I would get hit by the firewall. Of course, it's followed by really nasty words.

Blame NCS's completely illogical decision to put level 20/30 dailies for level 50s, and most of the blame goes to *cricket* players.

I think the intention was to help low lvl to have people to run with. But yeah it sux.

Maybe they should add a scaling feature on all low lvl dungeons to prevent those problems. And to keep the rushing possibility, only scale on F8. In that case if a HL friend wants to help you or simply farm the dungeon by himself, he would just go to the entrance (instead of F8) to keep his lvl.

The only thing they have to do is removing the fire wall. Its a useless "feature" no one needs. Putting a lv. 20 or 36 dungeon in the daily challenge (which you can do after lv. 50) is stupid anyway.

Anyway, its funny to see people searching 500+ for the lv. 36 dungeon like yesterday. Theoretically you should block all of them immediately because they seem to be absolutely useless.

When there is a blackram narrows daily reward run you just need to look for players via pillar or spec your party requirement in dungeon lobby. in other case you might not be able to keep up with 50's.

This game absorbs more and more time as you progress so keep that in mind that endgame players need to run through dozen of dungeons to keep up with the paste.

whenever i see blackram narrows daily challenge i usually announce in the faction chat if any low level players need to run it (quite a few lv50s do that too; was surprised by it) because i had to experience the same issue with tons of lv50 running ahead. helped a lv17 get the bonus 600 hp coz the FM asked for anyone feeling bored and a lv16 BD get his materials.

As a lvl 50 even I get trolled in Blackram Narrows or Tomb of the Exiles. If I decide to kill everything in the way or stay back to help out the lower levels, I get BBQ'd. It's terribly annoying, but what can ya do?

Archived