Merchant of Wonders +5 AP Peridot Gem?

Troll Patrol

45 minutes ago, Arohk said:

like i could spend 2400 gold to buy 300 reset tokens, are you insane?

Would be funny, if someone did spends 2.4kg for 300 reset but then on the first reset merchant has is selling the gem.. even more hilarious if they forgot to leave money on said char and ended up not being able to buy the gem because of funds.

Actually.. that could be cruel xD

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/9/2016 at 0:08 AM, Arohk said:

this is really no offense but how in the world and why would anyone do 300 runs in this short amount of time, i mean a restet token costs roughly 1$/ 1€.

So just to make sure you understand what's going on.  If you know someone that had a legendary weapon before the nebula stone event, it is extremely likely-- certainly well over 90% chance-- that they have spent over $1,000 on the game.  If you know someone that got a legendary weapon after the nebula stone event, it is still more likely than not that they have spent over $1,000 on the game.  If you're in a clan and know that someone is only on for a couple of hours a day and they have a legendary, it is 100% that they have spent a *lot* of money on the game, money that makes $300 seem like peanuts.  It's trivial to do the math and figure out the maximum amount of materials you can earn in a couple of hours a day, and it doesn't add up to a significant fraction of what you need to have a legendary.

16 minutes ago, Andrewgr said:

If you're in a clan and know that someone is only on for a couple of hours a day and they have a legendary, it is 100% that they have spent a *lot* of money on the game, money that makes $300 seem like peanuts.  It's trivial to do the math and figure out the maximum amount of materials you can earn in a couple of hours a day, and it doesn't add up to a significant fraction of what you need to have a legendary.

OR they could just be really adept at playing the market...

Soulstones were selling for 10s (30+ now), Warlock weapons were 5-10s (1G+ after release), Gem hammers were 1G each (6-7G now), Moonstones were 1G (3+G), Tears were 10s (40+s), Stingers were selling for 2G (2.5-3G), HQ Fabric was 2G (6-7G) lowest point, Fabric was 2-3G (5+G), Perfume were 11s (50-60 highest), machismo 5-11s (1G now)... etc...

If you had the foresight (e.g. from playing in other regions and learning the price patterns) you could have easily made several thousands of gold just playing the market every day. Your buying power (and potential profit) increases exponentially the more you earn.

For a silly real life example, if I had invested $1000 in bitcoins when they were ~1$ and started mining in the beginning, I would be a millionaire by now (the highest price point was $1000/bitcoin) just from that initial investment. And I didn't even have to work a single day to earn that much. I can bet that 99.9% of you won't be able to make that much in 10 years...

In other words, it is quite possible to have enough funds to get legendary by playing the market 1-2h a day.

30 minutes ago, Abysmal said:

In other words, it is quite possible to have enough funds to get legendary by playing the market 1-2h a day.

Theoretically possible, perhaps.  "Quite possible", no way.

You pay a hefty extra % once you go over 100g of sales in a day.  That's not 100g of profit, that's 100g of sales.  But let's assume that you're so god-like at playing the market that you never guess wrong.  If you made 100g of *profit* every single day, it would take you close to two months to earn enough just to upgrade from True Breeze to Legendary stage 1.  

I guess maybe there's someone who's done this, but I cannot believe that the number even approaches 1% of the people that have legendaries.  It's *hard* to always correctly predict the market.  You could be wildly successful and still not come close to affording a legendary weapon.

I really dont understand what people are thinking when they spend 300-500€ on an event in a game. I already felt bad when i used 20€ for those silverfrost RNG chests. I guess they are more focused on getting that item, than actually realising for what they are paying. Its just +5 AP lol.

I hate RNG ._,

Oh well I never reset, the best I got was a merchant with costumes (this new pink one, Wind God, Palace Raiment, Pale/Dark Wanderer).

As I'm still gearing up I really really want the gem and soul stones!

Why can't each person get what they need/want? :p

Well I only used € to buy 90 days premium. It's really helpful at the start :)

On 6/10/2016 at 0:02 PM, Andrewgr said:

So just to make sure you understand what's going on.  If you know someone that had a legendary weapon before the nebula stone event, it is extremely likely-- certainly well over 90% chance-- that they have spent over $1,000 on the game.  If you know someone that got a legendary weapon after the nebula stone event, it is still more likely than not that they have spent over $1,000 on the game.  If you're in a clan and know that someone is only on for a couple of hours a day and they have a legendary, it is 100% that they have spent a *lot* of money on the game, money that makes $300 seem like peanuts.  It's trivial to do the math and figure out the maximum amount of materials you can earn in a couple of hours a day, and it doesn't add up to a significant fraction of what you need to have a legendary.

Pretty much, if you see someone in legendary they spent some cash....a lot of it. I started at head start, have spent some cash myself am Premium lvl 9 and I have 5 flowers....

I'm pretty sure $1000 is lowballing as well I'm sure it's more into the $1300-$1800 range. Not P2W though.......

As for the OP ofc it's not tradable you needs to buy them resets on all the alts you need it on as well.

got the gem yday in the most messed up storage ever - 5man start, 1guy dced, 1guy broke his wep at 50% mane hp, then i died... When Merchant spawned i just said 'better there be the gem or im facking done' and before i've been ressed some1 said 'lol the gem is rly there' ... Anyway i've seen the Merchant +-60times till i got it

Archived