The downside of playing female chars

ander01se

57 minutes ago, Fang Himura said:

So you're saying because a female character has large breasts, they are automatically a male in real life? I guess no females ever can ever have a character with a large chest without being deemed a dude in real life.

Ah, to be honest, I've played males, I've played females, and people kept calling me 'bro' and 'he' and various vocabulary-enrichments for gay.

And interesting thing about BnS was that it's the first game I saw in PvP people refer to the opponents as 'her' and 'witch with a B' after a few years of the standard PvP address of the YFMY (you, f***g moron, you), so, I think at least in BnS players allow for a possibility that a player might be a female at all.

I don't get these messages and I'm actually a girl. Lyn shield. I'm kind of surprised males don't realize all the girls are all males. I mean, unless you're into male on male dirty talk. O.o

10 hours ago, Shelly said:

I don't get these messages and I'm actually a girl. Lyn shield. I'm kind of surprised males don't realize all the girls are all males. I mean, unless you're into male on male dirty talk. O.o

I play a female lyn and I'm female :) you never know who is behind the screen xD

12 hours ago, Shelly said:

I play mostly female though...

Luckily I've never had such cringey whispers. I wouldn't even think of it being funny, it's creepy af.

It's something I've seen quite often in my years of gaming.  I chose females in this game especially, because the cosmetics of the armors or outfits are far more tailored.  They seem to show much more depth to them and often times hold more detail.  However, I didn't start playing females simply because I wanted too.  There has been some MMO's where the class depended on the sex of the character and vice versa.  Leaving no customization in terms of gender.  Yeah, I am talking pre-WoW stuff here kiddos.  EQ, Ultima, Last Chaos.  The early days.  Either way, even on some of those.  People tended to assume I was female simply because I had a knack for actually finding females no matter how few played back then.  Mainly because I refused to do these kinds of whispers.  One of the females was my best friends gf actually.  But back on subject.  I will agree this is quite mild compared to a few I have gotten.  There were times I wished certain games I played had an ignore function.  Even after telling them I was a guy lol... they still thought I was actually female.  Till I pulled them into a VoIP or messenger and called them.  Then they heard this male voice with a smokers rasp on the other end.

Archived