Producer's Letter – 6/09 Livestream Questions

Youmukon

Q: Do you have plans to increase the numbers of new players? 

If you don't have new players this game will die soon,however the toxic community makes it hard for new players to actually have fun. I love this game and I hope this game will last for years like the eastern counterpart.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q: can we have more details about server transfers during the streaming ? 

Explanation : there was some special transfers when English servers were over-crowded but it was from specific server to specific other server. I hope there will be no restriction. (For eg from [DE] or [FR]  to [EN])

3 hours ago, Luli said:

Q: Can you please add an option to un-track quests, to remove a quest from the main window but leave it in the quest log?

Very often I get a quest forced into my quest log by the game, and either I don't want to do the quest (don't have enough gold to buy the item), can't complete the quest (story quest that is not even in the game yet), or plan to do the quest later but want to make room for another in my quest tracker.

you already have it :). You can chose which quests to track individually if you want.

1. Bugs. the game is absolutely filled with bugs. from very small to game breaking. Not to mention bad sync in voice acting between lines, missing voice acting and crappy translation of some spells. What is the plan on fixing this.

2. will the language packs be available in the future for us to change?

3. Will NCWest will ever add the missing NPC voice acting? The game immersion went completely down the drain because of it.

4. Any plans on Active GMs each server?

5. will NC offer more transparency on actions in the future? 

6. When will the ninja nerfing stop?

7. Class balances. When will we get the next batch of it.

8. Is the main story course final? Will it ever be an evil option  in the future?

Future of Blade and Soul in regard of Faction contents.

Q: Any planned solution to address the imbalance population in both faction, Cerulean and Crimson?

While this issue isn't on NCWest fault, do you have any intention of forwarding this issue which has been voiced out by numerous threads in the past, to the KR developers?

E:  While it may not pose any serious threat to the game as the majority of the player base resides in the major faction in each sub server. However, the issue is certainly still exist among the player base in the underwhelmed faction, as a result from this unaddressed issue, those players will easily lose their access to Moonstones, which is an essential upgrade material. While the current "solution" is to switch faction but it certainly defeat the purpose of faction as far as we've seen. In addition, while some players may switched over to the major faction, some may have left the game as a result. Also. not only that one sided faction kills the faction design and gameplay experience but it fuels the ego of some players from the major faction, which further promotes community toxicity to a new level. 

*If you need suggestions, me and some fellow users that used to open threads about this issue, are more than happy to provide some as references.

Future Legendary Weapons Upgrade Materials.

Q: Do you have any intention of increasing the success rate of transmuting Premium SilverFrost Transformation Stone?

E.g. Reverse the percentage of success rate and failure rate.

E: Apparently, it is said that the current success rate is 30%, which is definitely a high risk transmuting. As a result from this, the market price of this item are extraordinary expensive. While the contents do not need any Legendary grade weapon, but the high risk is inevitably a turn off and discourages especially the materials required are in the first place, high cost expenses. Not to mention, as my previous question above stated, Moonstone is also one of the material required for that transmutation, majority of the players in the underwhelmed faction will never able or hardly ever to transmute it as they are struggling to keep up with their own weapon materials.

Q: If there are no plans to revamp the crafting system, could you perhaps adjust the amount or the requried times?

E: Let's take the pickaxe <> tree sap as an example. Even for only the Cinderland version you need 6 hours for 1 sap + 6 hours for 1 pickaxe. And that's honestly not reasonable. Either more saps so that you can use the Tree Fellar gathering more often while Potters are at work or increase the amount of pickaxes. You have Radiant's 5 keys for 12 hours, so let's make it 3 - 5 pickaxes.

Q: Can you please revert the stealth change to the amount of gem sockets for the starter hongmoon weapon?

E: It's no fun to have only one socket available, even after you upgrade to Blight and higher. Sure, you don't <need> the sockets while leveling but it was a great QoL aspect.

Q: Will there be a free lv 45 jump character for soulfighter like what ncsoft gave to other server when they introduce to them? Because for many players that already have a main, we want to try the class but to level it up again just to try actually cost a lot of time. How about giving the player who alrdy have lv 50 hm 5 above a free lv 45 soulfighter in the event instead of just a free character slot for everyone?

Q: Are there any plans in the future to change the "untradable" status on certain items?

E: I just recently re-rolled into Warlock from Assassin. I have spent the last two and a half weeks grinding to the point where I fell asleep near my computer several times. Why was I pushed to insanity? Simple, I had to spend a great amount of time farming for items that I believe should be account wide. For instance, the amount of Siren, Pirate, and Warrior's Tokens/Emblems it takes to progress on pirate path was extremely obnoxious. I understand that you all have now removed Siren/Pirate path from the game completely and some of those items listed now have sub-par functionality, but for the sake of accessory progression why are Mushin tokens and the like not tradable? I do not know what the future of our content releases will contain, so this may very well be something you all hope to change, In short, my concern is not necessarily with the previously mentioned items, but rather any new ones that may come out, particularly since we will be receiving a new class soon and I'm sure many will be leveling alts.

Q: Will the PvP and PvE content progression ever be separated? It's terribly annoying to have weapon/gear/skill progression tied to PvP when one just want to enjoy the game's PvE side.

11 hours ago, Angelspitz said:

Q1: Do you plan on fixing the lag players experience on cross server dungeons?

Q:  In your future plan or whatever you are going to do to this server; Are you going to fix the Dynamic IP "Lag problem "(Restart router 10 times every day to get a decent IP that have no problem with your game security and that won't lag me giving me decent 90ms not like other IPs which gave 250ms) , FPS drop and disconnect types problem?

Q: did you planning to "re-make" the game with a new game engine (unreal engine 4 for example) ?

because the game is nice but graphics & the performance are horrible...

graphics : compared to now

performance: you know what i mean =)

Q: Will there ever be a possibility to obtain all Hongmoon skills purely through PvE?

E: A lot of players simply don't care about PvP or are unable to play it properly due to lag or performance issues. For these players "Adding new Hongmoon Skills" simply means "Adding nothing".

Q: When soul fighter comes, will we be getting the instant lvl 45 upgrade China got?

If yes, how will it be implemented, as a free feature when creating the class or as a cash shop item?

If not, what was your reasoning  behind the decision to not include it?

Q: Seeing that you have removed green dungeons from Cross Server, will you adjust their difficulty to be soloable for all classes at the corresponding level?

E: Dragon Spire is completely useless especially in lower level areas to find a party, as there is usually nobody around who wants to do the dungeon, too.

And personally I am not looking forward to having to stand around in front of a dungeon for hours with a new alt just to get an item required as upgrade from a green dungeon.

Q: Why did you gave us a hongmoon brilliant cinderlands key?

i cant even mail it to my alt character . at least if its possible to chance that as the qi master coming on 22th and many players would like to lvlup a new character as i do . 

50 minutes ago, zyuden said:

Q: Why did you gave us a hongmoon brilliant cinderlands key?

i cant even mail it to my alt character . at least if its possible to chance that as the qi master coming on 22th and many players would like to lvlup a new character as i do . 

I'll answer this- You were supposed to get the key around lvl 20, when you finished the first chapter, but for most the survey glitched if they leveled past a certain point. They have fixed it now so everyone that had the glitch received the survey retroactively.

Meaning, all classes will get the key in the survey at lvl 20 now, you just got it late, as did I and many more, because they fixed the bug. 

Of course, i have several questions. This is an awesome initiative.

Q1: For us people who have BETTER SPECS than recommended by NCSoft to play BnS, should we have any hope in playing with more than 25 FPS in Arena       PVP?

Q2: Will NCSoft support oficially macro users, hackers and bots so we honest customers can be finally left behind?

Q3: Will NCSoft stop to consider us "players" or "gamers" and start to consider us CUSTOMERS with our OWN RIGHTS?

Q4: Will NCSoft´s communication policy with its customers be half-decent someday?

E: The game is amazing, but these issues and the bad perfomance make the gaming experience so *********** ****** ****** ** *******.

11 hours ago, Kohashi said:

you already have it :). You can chose which quests to track individually if you want.

If you are referring to the option "Automatically Track Quests in Quest Log," I have tried that and I can't even tell if it changes anything about how the quest log works. With the option disabled, all quests are still automatically added to my quest tracker in the main window, the quest area still gets highlighted in the map, and it certainly does not give me a check box next to each quest in the Quest Log to select which ones will show up on my main window.

Archived