Producer's Letter – 6/09 Livestream Questions

Youmukon

• NCSOFT

Producer Nico Coutant, Assistant Producer Jonathan Lien and Brand Manager Julianne Harty will be answering your Blade & Soul questions during the Thursday, June 9 at 4:00pm PDT/11:00pm UTC livestream on www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul

We specifically ask for questions and feedback related to the Producer's Letter, the content roadmap, features and support, and the future of Blade & Soul to be posted in this thread.

Please follow these steps when submitting your questions:

• Post your question(s) as a reply to this thread
  • Please post only one question per reply
    • Several replies are allowed if you have more than one question
  • If another player already asked a question you had in mind, simply click the green upvote "”  button instead of re-posting the question

• Please limit posts to your question(s) only and do not use this thread for discussion

This thread will be closed on Wednesday, June 8 at 10:00am PDT/5:00pm UTC.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Q: Will there be any changes/events focused on alts or pure PvP players, which will allow us to earn HM levels or gold (as resource for hm skills) by playing actually PVP without PVE?

Explanation: My alt is forced to PvE in order to be equal in PvP. I am type of player with one main - PVE/PVP and alts for PVP.

Q: Will there be any systematic (not event type) changes to help new players, alts, re-rolls to catch up in PVE and get into latest content faster ?

Explanation: I would like to recommend the game to friends I played in past other MMO's. But at the moment I would have to tell them,

that they will have to grind for months before we can be equal. And its not like I could not carry them in dungeon, they just would not

enjoy that for months. Similar problems are with alts and re-rolls.

Q: Will we receive Shared Storage, Account-bound achievements and Account-bound Accessories or any other account-bound stuff (ss, naryu relics, etc) to help people with alts?

Explanation: I find that the classes are the best part of the BnS, but the game is very alt-unfriendly. Crafting also is in a dire need of the Shared Storage.

Q: Quest log now has all those "Invitations to..." battlefield, infinite tower, mushin's tower... Can we push it down to the bottom of the list and not count it towards the 40 quests the log can hold?

Explanation: I have no intention of playing it, and clogged daily log is... bad.

Q: Could we double the Inventory space, by stretching each row by the factor of 2? Are there any other plans to alleviate the chronic shortage of the inventory?

Explanation: Each patch comes out with new mats and bits and pieces, and the inventory is piteously small to handle it. As the path for the weapon lengthens, it also leads to a huge amount of the breakthrough and evolution stuff you need. I am at the point that I cannot accept more than one quest reward at a time because my character's inventory servers as a storage as well as the storage.

Q: Are there server mergers coming soon?

Explanation: Server transfers are complicated & unpredictable, creating unstable waves of population. We have too many servers to even have a remote idea where the action is. By the sound of it, there is enough population for at most 6 or 8 servers, not 12+.

Q: Are there any planned changes to the current guild sytem?

Explanation: The current guild system allows us, clan leaders to do so much, and we would like to welcome some really useful changes, like: Clan Vault with the option of leaders taking items out to help new players with tradeable items and/or collecting materials; Last Log-in showing option; Extended notice board; Preferably even an alliance sytem with its own chat; Guild housing; Guild Raids where we can connect multiple parties.

Q: Explain RNG in SSP as I asked here 

Q: Do have any plans to fix currency exchange? At this moment when I'm writing, rate of exchange is 1:9. And at the rate it is going down it will be 1:1 in the next month or so. Or this is your elaborate plan to screw currency exchange so you could milk more money?

Q: Why isn't the Sparkling Hexagonal Hongmoon Peridot gem 'bound to account' like all other sparkling hexagonal hongmoon gems in-game/rngbox events? Would it be possible to change this to make it consistent with the current gems in-game?

Not sure if it's intended, and if so for what reason, but currently the Sparkling Hexagonal Hongmoon Peridot Gem isn't mail-able between characters on the same account. Changing this could also be considered a quality of life improvement, seeing how some people got this peridot gem from the Merchant of Wonders NPC on their alts and would like to be able to tranfer it to their main character. I know I speak for most people when I say I do.

Question: Will we be able to have the paths and what is needed for each path for weapons and accessories / soul for future updates give to us now / soon? It would be really nice to get that information which will help with farms.

Question: Can you make more items account bound, or in fact just make all items account bound? Hongmoon soups, dragon pouches etc. I have extra of in my inventory that I no longer have use for. Etc. would be very nice.

Q: Could you revisit the competitive reward system such as in SSP?  It's really disheartening to play your best only to get no credit once the boss is down.

Explanation: The gearing gap that deprives the players from the rewards creates a huge pressure to gear up at the same speed as the most dedicated players, and it really makes casual play less enjoyable and leads to completely unnecessary burn-outs.

Q: Have you considered reducing the number of entries in the Daily Challenge from 4 to 3 like in the other regions?

Explanation: 4 entries provide approximately 1.5 hr commitment in my experience, and over 2 hours on the days the Beastbog is in the rotation. This is far too much time for something a player would do on a daily basis, as it leaves next to no time for other activities in the game. 40 minutes to an hour would be much better.

Q: For the East Fleet, Nightshade Harbor and Beastbog could you revise the areas to be less time-demanding by decreasing the boss spawn timers and decreasing the # of bosses required to spawn the main boss for the Daily quest completion?

Explanation: The 24M are a really cool concept, very fun, but the rewards being too low for time invested makes them a wasteland.

Damn.. I feel like a spammer.

Question: Will we be able to have a buddy-up system at all?

Related to this: Will we be able to gain extra experience if we help low players in dungeons? Incentives to do such things will get more players helping new players.

Q: Are there plans to help players with high ping that play classes with fast attacks? i.e. on my blademaster, holding down fire flicker results in almost the same attack speed as lightning flicker, which is a tremendous dps loss.

Maybe simply remove the increase to attack speed and increase damage per hit?

Q: Will there be a release of Guild Outfits Event (e.g. Soul Warden, Cooking, Merry Potters outfits)?

They were obtained through events and when you had all costumes, you could transmute them to another costume in Korea and I think China.

Archived