Forums

Producer's Letter – 6/09 Livestream Questions

Youmukon

4 minutes ago, Luli said:

If you are referring to the option "Automatically Track Quests in Quest Log," I have tried that and I can't even tell if it changes anything about how the quest log works. With the option disabled, all quests are still automatically added to my quest tracker in the main window, the quest area still gets highlighted in the map, and it certainly does not give me a check box next to each quest in the Quest Log to select which ones will show up on my main window.

its a bit tricky and gets a while to get used to it... let me show you how is mine 

jLP0HYX.jpg

see I can select individual quests to track. I can also disable all the quests I have no interest in doing atm... and enable them later on.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok thanks, that was very helpful. But apparently, the option I had to disable to get the check boxes next to each quest was "Sort Quest Log By Distance," which is a bit weird. I still can't hide a story quest that isn't in-game yet, but at least I can hide everything else now. Thanks.

Question:

Can pets be made account bound? Got a griffin today out of the box and decided to see what it looked like on my main since I haven't seen anyone with it in-game and decided I wanted to send it to my alt (Same with a Black Penguin) however I am unable to do so as they are not account bound. Can this be added?

You said on your pet stream that others will be avaliable at a later date from other regions. This is a pure cosmetic question: if there's a pet you like better than the one you currently have is there a method to glamour your current pet or do you have to start again with the pet of your choice? Thank you.

Any new weapon skins? lets be for real about this you guys have had the same weapon skins since launch would be nice to hear about some epic weapon skins that favor the looks of a legendary  weapon.

it was already mentoined, but more similar questions=higher chance to clear answer

Q: Will be accessories ever account-shared?

E: Weapon upgrade itself is expensive af, so shared accs would be the simpliest way to help ppl with playing alts. I, for example would like to try warlock coz i like this class concept and i started to play this game when wl wasn't out yet. ´But i have already invested alot of gold to my main and the idea that i would need to invest same amount of gold to same items on other char just keeping me away from play an alt.

Q: Would it be possible to get an actual heads up on the changes/ninja changes your making or atleast make a document in the forum patch note maintenance/Web page.

Ex: The changes about the gem slots from 2 to 1 or "skills" traning secret achivement where hitting necro 10 times turned to nexus.

We're receiving the contents really fast and it be great to know the important changes as these so we could be better prepared for it. Plus people don't often watch the streams, heck this might not have been mentioned in the stream either.  (Wasn't great finding out all my necro runs being reset into nexus instead.)

Q: Can you explain this ping difference?

GuildWars 2 (ArenaNet/NCSoft)

Official EU server location: Frankfurt

Ping: 45-50ms (stable)

Blade & Soul (TheamBloodlust /NCSoft)

Official EU server location: Frankfurt

Ping: 150-200ms (with regular spikes to higher numbers)

Qustion: Any plans to do something about faction masks that hides names,and because of that most hackers/botters wearing those masks,which makes them immune to reports,and making a video of them is no use if you cant seee any info of them ? Atm it feels like mask is  like monopolies ' out of jail' ticket.

22 minutes ago, Pats sau bosas said:

Qustion: Any plans to do something about faction masks that hides names,and because of that most hackers/botters wearing those masks,which makes them immune to reports,and making a video of them is no use if you cant seee any info of them ? Atm it feels like mask is  like monopolies ' out of jail' ticket.

A suggestion for this could be instead of removing the feature entirely make it so players wearing a mask get given a number, each player has their own specific number so when you report them to support you can use that number and they are identified with that.

an effort to streamline the player experience and consolidate the community around the Silverfrost area

Q: Is there any hope the Korean developers of the game, will recognize that 4 months cannot be the same as 4 years in terms of "grind" and that MANY of the NA/EU players have been

feeling pressured to complete all the existing content as fast as possible

and that the future content will in NO way alleviate this pressure as the pressure stems from the content that is NOT endgame, newest content where you think the community is consolidated around, but staggered and frustrated by the excessive grind since that is NOT a western philosophy of gaming, and not favored by NA/EU gamers who wish to enjoy this game and bring in NEW players to it. Though they are finding hard to do either as they cannot justify this unnatural and arbitrary grind at the early and mid game (pre-Silverfrost) areas themselves, let alone wanting to force new people through it. 

tl;dr: You say you want to not pressure people into rushing and getting burned out, are there any REAL design tenants that will be put in place to reduce the amount of grind to actually consolidate existing and new players around the newest content outside of pay-to-progress events for the PVE side of the game? (revision, redesign of lower level content to be less endgame grindy before getting to the REAL endgame grind.)

19 hours ago, Kohashi said:

its a bit tricky and gets a while to get used to it... let me show you how is mine 

jLP0HYX.jpg

see I can select individual quests to track. I can also disable all the quests I have no interest in doing atm... and enable them later on.

Thanks! I never noticed that before.

Now if anyone can show me how to turn off all these 'confirm' boxes I will be happy.

34 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

Thanks! I never noticed that before.

Now if anyone can show me how to turn off all these 'confirm' boxes I will be happy.

you're welcomed. Im glad that I could help :), altho' I am not sure which confirmation boxes you mean. show me?

All i'm asking for Future features are

1. Removing mask in SSP to make it easier reporting hacking players. Doing that will stop them for good and we all know this.

2. Custom Camera Mode when photoing our characters (some of us players love taking photos of our characters in our costumes)

3. A HOT SPRINGS (askin for too much but COME ON aLL MMOS DOIN THIS!)

Q: Will there be any changes or balance to Warlock soon, making it more PVP/PVE friendly? (Other classes dont need as much changes/balance anymore since they have plenty of iframe and PVP/PVE (survival potential).

E: Warlock is a really flashy and fun class to play, IF you can live till the end of the battle to tell about it that is. Warlock needs at least one more iframe. I am not asking you to give Warlock a new skill but for example, making Sanctum an iframe for 6 secs that would be more than enough to help Warlock sustain in battle without the help of other classes pty iframe. also can you please make it so Warlock has less skills she has to stand still in order to cast the skill? half of her skills require her standing still for a few secs in order to cast it. by then Warlock is caught in a endless loop of CCing from other classes in PVP.

Q:  When will Server transfers be allowed in the US/EU BnS?   Or is there a way we can actually get that done now without the use of having to press a button?

Explination:  I have a lvl 37 FM from when I started this game, and it's tedious to send things to my alt on another server where I have long time friends who I just recently got in contact with again.  Some account bound items and other things like keys made from Radiant rings and other things can't be mailed cross server causing a problematic result in terms of giving both characters the necessities they need to progress fully.  It would be nice to have that option here in the US/EU version so I can directly switch chars and just mail the items I need back and forth, as well as play both chars with my friends.

Q: More support to the PvP community? It's quite lacking and most notable pros are quitting/have quit because of lack of communication. Some bugs still need fixing, which have been in this game since launch. Also farming Hongmoon Skills through PvP is VERY HARD and HUUUUUGE time sink. Think about this. Not everyone likes to play PvE content (especially people who only play BnS purely for PvP). And PvP is not profitable anymore because you need your Zen Beans for skills! Which take TONS of TIME! And if you don't get Hongmoon Skills, you're in DISADVANTAGE!

Explanation: I'm 100% sure this issue will be ignored in the upcoming stream! Shame on you! But I had to get this off my chest. I'm happy that you guys are working on the arena spectator mode, but the ETA is "summer". So basically it means: "maybe we'll release it in August or September".

Q: Is NCSoft going to do anything to make this game more alt-friendly?

Explanation: As it stands right now, having alts and gearing them in any meaningful way is pretty much a pipe dream. This game is structured in such a way that I'm basically forced to commit to one character at a time because of the sheer volume of materials required to upgrade and their relative scarcity. While all MMOs I've played are like this to varying degrees, none that I've played have been quite as unfriendly to people with alternate characters like BnS has. Very simple things you could do to make this game alt friendly include (but are not limited to) things like: (a) making pirate/siren emblems account bound, (b) Making ALL elements, including the ones you get from quests/surveys account bound (I don't need all of them) and (c) making Hongmoon levels less irritating to get.

I am a very dedicated player. I have played since the first closed beta and currently have 6 level 50s, a level 48 that will be 50 within the coming day(s) and a level 45 that will also soon be 50.  Of the level 50s I've had, I've made the effort to bring them all to True Profane so that I don't have to do boring dungeons when I get around to investing more time into my characters but True Profane is really only the beginning of a long journey in weapon progression. Soon, I will effectively have 8 level 50 characters, but not much to show for it. Have you ever considered doing something like Dragon Nest does by making exp easier to get the more max level characters you have? While Hongmoon levels aren't technically necessary, there is an incredible amount of value in having them (they give a lot of extra skill points and stats) and I believe that these should be easier to get for the people like me that actually spend a tremendous amount of time (and money, by the way) on your game.

Q: will you guys add an option to disable the crazy screen shaking effect, especially on normal attacks of the force master?

- i am not able to play some classes, because i get heavy headaches ebcause of this effect. some people think that it is also a problem, because it could cause fps problems too.

video that demonstrates the problem:

Screen shake

Archived