No Orginal names?

Croso

7 hours ago, Squirrelzzzzz said:

Ugh double quote but oh well... There's an option in settings you can untick. If you can't find it I'll tell you exactly where it is tomorrow. I just shut down and am going to sleep so.... Night all :)

thanks you're the best

my names! 

ryuue (intentional spelling)

llaurel (also intentional)

Barde >.> [fandom]

Noph (found on a babyname finder. supposedly means honeycomb from biblical dialect)

miwon (sindarin for dear one or little one) 

(cat names: Hurnith (elvish for warrior or smth) Elde (german for warrior or smth)

c: #dork

Well, we do not really have a canon names for BnS for each race, and the NPC naming just seems to be real Oriental names with some nicknames thrown in. So, I feel that funny names as nicknames are fine. I like funny :) Not so much into the embarrassing or intimidating names. 

This is why I wanted that master pack so badly for name reservation. It was worth it.

I still haven't seen another player with a Version of my name "Banzai"

I've seen Ban-something or Baz or w/e but not Banzai____ or ____Banzai. Or Even with the accents on it. 

I dont see how banzai is a unique name lol. just cause people dont have it on your server doesnt mean the name itself is unique. its unique in numbers but its not very interesting or defining :P

When I hear "unique" I think of something that is not well known or heard of. something that doesnt have much definition outside of the person /thing it names. Like Poharan is really popular in part cause of the name alone :)

44 minutes ago, Negaimu said:

I dont see how banzai is a unique name lol. just cause people dont have it on your server doesnt mean the name itself is unique. its unique in numbers but its not very interesting or defining :P

When I hear "unique" I think of something that is not well known or heard of. something that doesnt have much definition outside of the person /thing it names. Like Poharan is really popular in part cause of the name alone :)

The definition of unique is litterally "being the only one of its kind".
If there is nobody else named Banzai. Then my name is unique tyvvvvm.

I've so many Poharans on this game. Not including the server AND the npc named that  <_<

Just because I didn't throw together a bunch of letters that sounded kinda cool together doesn't mean my name isn't unique in definition.

How about you Urban dictionary Banzai or wikipedia it. The title of the thread was Original. Not "unique"

Insert 10 thousand Sasuke names.

Edit: I like my name so I don't appreciate the feeling your post gave off. Ty

One of its kind is pretty broad & subjective though lol. you definitely arent the only banzai... its an extremely comon name in gaming despite you not seeing it often, ive seen a few variants of banzai around on na and eu :P

if you want believe banzai is unique simply because not many people use it on eu thats fine. But dont pretend  like the name itself is unique, just the scenario you describe. Had you created a name that is relatively unknown or actually new that would be truly unique. As its something that only defines the character and isnt borrowed from some outside source.

Again, numbers wise you are correct. Banzai doesnt seem to be popular on eu, but the name itself is taken from some outside source. It isnt "unique" in the sense that its just something you grabbed from somewhere to paste to a char.

Also im in no way attacking your name lol. idc what you name your char :P ive always attributed "unique" to things that are almost never seen. which is very hard in this day and age with so many names and identities that have been created & copied.

You also shouldnt care what a random person on a forum says about your name or take offense by it.  putting that much emotion behind game is really dangerous. I didnt even say anything offensive lol

yeah i as an old role player have also my set on fixed characters with fixed names including first and surnames

you cant forget, this is an anime styled game so thereare people bound to use the same narutard names all over again.

i mean by the time i stopped playing there were like 5 different fairy tail guilds just on Bambusdorf alone....

21 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

unique prolly means hipster here. like not a token word or gimmic or cliche. and not hijacked from an anime or wtv

I wouldnt say hispter. When i started the game after release i saw a LOT of original names with a korean/chinese ring to it which were fitting perfectly. Just a month later the whole narutos and sasukes and one punch mans sprung out of the bushwork growing like weed and not getting cut down anytime soon. So it was better at the start but as names get taken the creativity diminishes of course^^

Unless you communicate with a player who sports a unique name full of meaning, you really will never guess.

In SWTOR I had a Sith Lord called Becchino. I doubt that it is a common knowledge that Becchino means a grave-digger in Italian, and they were the worst sorts of ruffians that buried the dead during the Black Death, and were completely lawless and fearless otherwise committing heinous crimes. I thought it was a cool name for a Sith... but I doubt it rang a bell with anyone.

The other thing you have to be versed in a lore in other setting to get it. I see tons of variations on words that sound vaguely Japanese, so I just assume they come from Anime or FF or something like that.

I am hotter on stuff that belongs to the setting, than borrowing from the lore of the other settings  (i.e. the bastardized Elvish that permeates the Tolkienesque-inspired world, like DnD). I might recognize some Elvish or Klingon words most of us a re aware of, but it is just odd.

But it is not that easy to figure out the Korean names.

I am fond of Jung Hado as much as the next gal with red blood in her veins. I was thinking of maybe creating a character that will be Jung + Nice First Name.  Yep, I know it is cheesy and completely Mary-Sue. I started looking for translation, and found out that Jung is among the 5 most common names, and has some 80+ meanings, and to the best understanding Hado stands for 'map'. At this point of my cultural exploration I figured that I really do not want to mess with Korean names, and went with translations.

The translated English versions have no drawbacks of being setting-inappropriate and hard to get by those unfamiliar with a particular lore piece, be that RL or fantasy :)

Archived