No Orginal names?

Croso

Am I the only one that keep finding people that have no original and good names? I seriously could not find a single player who where not named something like Nmbbn (exluded

level 40-50 folk).

I never understood why people copy other character names or have numbers at the end of it.

I try to make my character name different each time I play a game.

Mazai

Red/Black Kao

Junior was a nickname given to me because I was called Legendary Jr

1 hour ago, Kyrax said:

Would be cool if we could put 3 spaces on name. Kinda doesn't make since since most Korean names have 3 parts like Lee Kang To

That would be cool, but won't fit with the naming convention in the game, as they have adopted an odd way of squishing the names together, so it is not exactly Korean. We could follow this convention.

One thing I find odd is that I don't see the name generator, and it would have been cool, as I have looked at the tables of Korean names, showing how to create them from a few roots, but was worried that I would do something silly as I am not versed in the culture enough.

In the end, I followed the Jade Empire's naming convention, using the word names, translating them, and using the 'last' as last name before the surname for all my characters, and putting it before the surname. I was surprised to see some of my names taken (Last Seen, for example, that I wanted for my Assassin), but it is easy to come up with something else.

thinking of names is the worst part of character creation. All the good ones are taken and it's a massive waste of time in my opinion. That's why my characters have stupid names or food names of whatever is was eating at the time of their conception. Really can't be arsed and if I hate the name I can always make it invisible. :D I also recycled my names all the way back from EQ1......

Since we can put a space in the name, I have to agree with you.

Jessica (Assassin)

Jersey (Blade Dancer)

Kansas (Kung Fu Master)

Lebia (Summoner)

Rally (Warlock)

Mirae Ji (Destroyer)

Nyssa Dae (Blade Master)

My seven characters, all with decent names imo.  The ones with the last names, I went and looked at popular Korean last names. :p  Mirae was on a list of Korean first names and it made for the initials MJ, so I liked it :)  Nyssa was taken, so I went with the Korean last name Dae so she could go by her initials too, Indie :)

If people can't come up with a name that doesn't have x's on the sides of the name or it has numbers in it, they're just not trying.

All the people with original names quit do to (you all know why...we all know...) even my friends had a bunch of normal names that are gone and left to rust in the dark forever now. (or least till nc does a name wipe in the next 5!! years)

1 hour ago, Dad said:

All the people with original names quit do to (you all know why...we all know...) even my friends had a bunch of normal names that are gone and left to rust in the dark forever now. (or least till nc does a name wipe in the next 5!! years)

You mean, all those with one word names?  Still have the last name option.

9 minutes ago, Brand X said:

You mean, all those with one word names?  Still have the last name option.

I didn't even know you could have space in your name.. had I known that when I made my character, I would have used a last name, instead of an 'Á' instead of 'A'

I hate a LOT of names, I think names in a fantasy game, should atleast look / sound like a name from the fantasy genre. 

I hate to see dumb puns, or some dumb combination of words, or a normal name with lots of dumb ass chars added to both ends of the name.

Our guild is "Street Walkers"

All female toons with max slider chests

All wearing various forms of skimpy outfits

All have names like Trolop, and MistressOfTheNight, and various renditions of words for their "profession" or "jobs" they do in other languages..

Had some good laughs from a few people when they see us running around :)

I use Chinese and Japanese names that are attributed to a color, like Aka,Aoi,Midori (red,blue,green as an example) or that are related to certain colors like river, sky, marsh, etc... usually for japanese names I use it for surnames and for chinese i can go whichever.

On 6/3/2016 at 6:43 AM, Squirrelzzzzz said:

thinking of names is the worst part of character creation. All the good ones are taken and it's a massive waste of time in my opinion. That's why my characters have stupid names or food names of whatever is was eating at the time of their conception. Really can't be arsed and if I hate the name I can always make it invisible. :D I also recycled my names all the way back from EQ1......

how do you make your name invisible? :)

4 hours ago, Renesmee said:

4 hours ago, Renesmee said:

Ugh double quote but oh well... There's an option in settings you can untick. If you can't find it I'll tell you exactly where it is tomorrow. I just shut down and am going to sleep so.... Night all :)

On 6/3/2016 at 9:43 AM, Squirrelzzzzz said:

To be fair, I wasn't eating cheesecake when I named my character. >____________________________________________>

I keep recycling names from one game to another,not a fan of using new names every time.

I took them from various sources and a book I read,so they are rarely taken.

Names are pretty important to me tho,I would not be able to play with some random/immature named char:P

Archived