GF left me coz of playing too much BnS

B93R

Hehe the only solution is to find yourself a woman who loves gaming, like my husband did, he found me. Funny thing is yeah we fought over game items, we fought because his main quest was already ahead of me, we fought because he played female chars, etc. We played FF XIV happily untik Dark Souls 3 came out. He left me to play that game. He asked me to play Dark Soul too but mehh, everything is so ugly over there, and I can't stand horror. And finally I found myself playing BNS, which is filled with pretty things. But now I'm "semi-quitting" this game because RNG screwed me over so many times. But I really2 love the outfits in this game, I might want to collect them all, even though I'm not playing anymore. 

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey there sad man!

Gaming female here!
If you got a gf or a wife that will leave you for playing a video game, you clearly had the wrong one.
There are many girls out there (not in percent, but in individuals) who also like video games / mmos.
See I once had a boyfriend who was not into playing. It was a hell of torture this relationship. I NEED a gamer-boyfriend, otherwise it would not work out.

So well, difficult to find a gamer-girl since they are mostly sitting in front of their computers, but if you want to spend most of your time playing games, you should find someone who shares your hobby or at least has no problem with it.
See my current boyfriend (2,5 years of relationship) often just watches let's-plays which I consider a total waste of time, but it is his decision. Why would I need to break up with him because of this? As long as he plays blade and soul with me sometimes I am happy.

Of course Gaming should NEVER be more important than spending time with a girlfriend when it is needed.
If there's a porblem she needs help with you should be there for her. Depending on the problem after the instance or during it.
If she wants to go outside you should not say "I planned on spending the next 6 hours gaming", but rather "let me finish this instance and then we will go?"

well.. long story short...
I think you just need to find the right one who shares or at least accepts your hobbies. :)

I am a woman that has had this problem in my long term relationship. I have always loved gaming and my guy hasnt. We have broke up for 6 months due to games and now back together. When he gets on my nerves I just log on. But I am threading lightly on bns. I will log on only when he is at work lol.

I wish he liked to play games QQ.

BTW Grimoir there also women that would be the same way ~.^

9 minutes ago, LadyGamerluv said:

I am a woman that has had this problem in my long term relationship. I have always loved gaming and my guy hasnt. We have broke up for 6 months due to games and now back together. When he gets on my nerves I just log on. But I am threading lightly on bns. I will log on only when he is at work lol.

I wish he liked to play games QQ.

BTW Grimoir there also women that would be the same way ~.^

i know there are women also but lets face facts...thats just too weird :P

Guys,

I'll give you the secrets agents technic: M.I.C.E

M is for Money : give her money so she can go shopping.

I is for Ideology : state that it's your way of life (dont fight or argue directly, turn it like it was some kind of trauma).

C is for Compromise : she doesn't want you to farm the new dungeon? Ok, well you are not sure to have dinner with her parents.

E is for Ego : *with puppy eyes* she is so good to LET you play, you are so lucky to have such a wonderful GF (must be repeat everyday at least twice times, one in the morning, one in the afternoon).

Enjoy ! XD

5 minutes ago, Tsuki no Koibito II said:

Guys,

I'll give you the secrets agents technic: M.I.C.E

M is for Money : give her money so she can go shopping.

I is for Ideology : state that it's your way of life (dont fight or argue directly, turn it like it was some kind of trauma).

C is for Compromise : she doesn't want you to farm the new dungeon? Ok, well you are not sure to have dinner with her parents.

E is for Ego : *with puppy eyes* she is so good to LET you play, you are so lucky to have such a wonderful GF (must be repeat everyday at least twice times, one in the morning, one in the afternoon).

Enjoy ! XD

As a woman I can say this will result in a HUGE BIG ASS CATASTROPHIC argument.

The C part will not quite work out xD

But I appreciate your creativity xD

Lol Grimoir

@Tsuki I really like the M(money) part, but the true key is balance. I have blatantly said to my guy, "this is my hobby and this will never change" so it's up to him if he wants to deal with it or not. Either way I will move on. So he is dealing with it, i jus dont no-life the games anymore. Plus I think it's easier to be a gaming female vs a gaming male in relationships. We know what to do to make u guys shut up.

1 minute ago, LadyGamerluv said:

Lol Grimoir

@Tsuki I really like the M(money) part, but the true key is balance. I have blatantly said to my guy, "this is my hobby and this will never change" so it's up to him if he wants to deal with it or not. Either way I will move on. So he is dealing with it, i jus dont no-life the games anymore. Plus I think it's easier to be a gaming female vs a gaming male in relationships. We know what to do to make u guys shut up.

Oh do you? :P 

anyways i came up with the perfect option:

Make a female character that looks just like your girlfriend and tell her you invest so much time in the game because she is there and you dont want her to be alone!

28 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Buy her a new phone with candy crush! or let her re-decorate the living room....thats like a month of free time for you.

And whenever she talks just nod a few times, say "yes, mhm" there you go!

Haha this actually worked for me for a while, but instead of Candy Crush, it's Hay Day XD

7 hours ago, B93R said:

Seriously how does the married men cope with this?

I'm married with a 19month old. You have to balance out your real life with you gaming life. On my days off, I watch our kid. I'll play with him, feed him then put him down for his nap. Then I'll play till its time to pick up my wife. When I pick her up, I'll take her anywhere she wants to go so when we come home shes happy and I can play on my PC. Its all about compromise and taking care of your family needs.

Happy Wife = Happy Life

Wife Aggro = No Gaming

6 hours ago, Shautru said:

Gamers should marry/date gamers.  There's a reason the term "wife-aggro" was coined MANY years ago. ;) 

any married man has seen this, we learn from mistakes and move on.

6 hours ago, Els said:

Never heard this term before :o

your single then i'm guessing

1 hour ago, Natose said:

I'm married with a 19month old. You have to balance out your real life with you gaming life.

In a few months it won't be that easy. I stopped gaming when ours was about 2 yo and started taking incredible interest in the games. They look like cartoons. A bit later, there is a whirlwind of activities that you gotta get your kid engaged in, or you will likely spend more time extracting her from chandeliers, and intercepting the suicidal dashes towards unknown goals. I re-started playing only after the kiddo turned 6 or 7 and I've acquired a firm belief that the humanity's survival is a greatest miracle and that I will never be the same woman I used to be.

On my days off, I watch our kid. I'll play with him, feed him then put him down for his nap. Then I'll play till its time to pick her up. When I pick her up, I'll take her anywhere she wants to go 

Congrats on a baby that changes gender while napping...

sorry ment pick  up my wife from work, you know how your brain thinks faster than your fingers sometimes

also if you would of read the whole thing you would of seen I was talking about my wife and the kid.

14 minutes ago, Natose said:

sorry ment pick  up my wife from work, you know how your brain thinks faster than your fingers sometimes

also if you would of read the whole thing you would of seen I was talking about my wife and the kid.

I found the gender changing baby cooler :/

Archived