Does every single attack from BM or BD or KFM knockdown or stun???

Melodia

Fighting against a BM or BD or KFM is ridiculous. EVERY SINGLE ATTACK either knocks down or stuns for *cricket*ing 10 seconds. How the hell are we supposed to win against this class? When their stun/knockdowns are on CD they just spam block. My character literally spends 95% of the entire fight being stunned, knocked down, or forced to watch the retarded uppercut + blade spam move. Wtf is this? The attacks aren't even avoidable because they have some kind of teleport/dash move.

PvP in this game is so retarded it's funny.

Sounds like FM. If so, you rely mostly on phantom grip, escape punishment or random openings they give you to start any combos. The good thing is that keeping chill stacks on the enemy gives you time to think about your next move (and theirs). KFM can't dash when chilled unless they SS first or you hit into their counter, BM can pull your or reset their chill stacks on succesful block/SS, and BD can only wait out the chill. It's pretty obvious when they want to charge because they have limited ways of doing so; it's just a game of prediction and patience.

This is all without HM skills, though.

Unlike in PvE, where mobs die quickly and bosses are difficult to CC, CC rules PvP, especially in a balanced environment like 1v1 arena.

The theory behind it is simple: CC restricts the opponents ability to damage (or CC!) you, while giving you free time to damage him without worry of dodges, blocks, counters etc.

Hence all classes will use CC heavy skill builds for arena, and whatever skill can be converted into CC versions, will be.

Here's a small list of CC skills for KFM, since I play one:

Flying slam: Defense penetrating Jump+Damage+Knockup, long cooldown. Needs a minimum distance. Can be Q/E dodged or iframed.

Grapple: pins down enemy on stun, daze, knockdown or defending enemy. Do not use "2" counter on the small fist attacks, use it for the finisher move. With the Pummel finisher, this thing buys 5.5 seconds time for the KFM to get cooldowns back. If they spec into this, they will also heal and regain CHI and reduce your CHI. They can also go into grapple from knockup with a different skill, that excludes healing and chi effects.

Ice Guard: Freeze AoE, enemy can still attack but not turn around or move. Has to SS or tab out. KFM isprotected for 3 seconds as well, going into a protective freeze if hit. KFM can leave the protection freeze any time. If specced, Ice Guard will remove any movement restrictions on the KFM.

KFMs must choose between Ice guard, grapple or Fighting spirit ("blue buff")

Second Wind: = KFM TAB, can also CC with a short range AoE stun. They cannot tab out of force grip / grapple if they spec this, though.

On counter: Counter can be specced to stun, but is rare as it increases the cooldown to 6 seconds. Two follow ups on Counter: Iron Shoulder which is short range AoE Daze, or Avenging fist which can be a knockdown gap closer with long cooldown or an iframe gap closer with knock-up follow up from Smite.

Smite is a knockup and available in multiple situations. Can be used after SS, but usually KFM use other skills after SS.

After SS: Either Smite, a knockup (rare since easily blocked, slow and short ranged), Tiger's pounce: defense piercing knockdown gap closer, or Flying slam (see above) or Comet Strike (see below)

Emit Frost: a grabbed / force choked KFM can escape by freezing himself and the enemy. This has a long cooldown

Comet Strike: Can be specced to Daze, as an up to 8 meter long AoE

Sky Kick: Any stunned or dazed enemy can be knocked up with this. Short cooldown.

Triple Kick / Firestorm Kick: Either a block piercing daze (TK) or a block piercing AoE stun with strong damage (FK). Cooldown is short (TK) or medium (FK). Triggered by block skills (TK only) or Q/E resists (TK/FK) or Flurry resists (FK only).

Rising Dragon: Short range AoE stun, also heals HP and cures bleed. Long cooldown.

Searing Palm: Can be specced to become a DOT that knocks down after 10 seconds, or will stun if you are hit 8 times (3 extra hits together with 5 from the DOT). Long cooldown. Has some complex ways to be triggered, usually it will be used within a chain CC.

Flurry: Either a 4x Dash+Daze or a 4 hit 2 second iframe. iframe version can trigger Firestrom kick if hit into it. the Daze version can follow stealthed targets, though cannot be started on a stealthed target. The daze vesion can hit multiple targets (e.g. cat + sum)

Temor: 3 second stun short range AoE. Long cooldown. Foot stamp animation. Often a good time to hit your tab.

10 hours ago, Melodia said:

Fighting against a BM or BD or KFM is ridiculous. EVERY SINGLE ATTACK either knocks down or stuns for *cricket*ing 10 seconds. How the hell are we supposed to win against this class? When their stun/knockdowns are on CD they just spam block. My character literally spends 95% of the entire fight being stunned, knocked down, or forced to watch the retarded uppercut + blade spam move. Wtf is this? The attacks aren't even avoidable because they have some kind of teleport/dash move.

PvP in this game is so retarded it's funny.

You belong to the minority of people who complain about BM and KFM CC while there are far worse classes like Summoners, Sins and Destroyers.

I assume now that you play as a FM and let me tell you that i had several encounters with this class which where absolutely annoying with their freeze protect spam and skills that cannot miss plus the infinite jumping and moving in circles which often makes me miss 50% of my attacks (i play a BM btw.).

So in the end it is just you who doesnt know how to avoid being stunned, dazed, knocked down etc. because all classes have skills to evade, you just need to use them properly.

Archived