MERGE THE SERVERS

JonJonPoPong

Merge the low population servers. The populations on servers such as Juwol has fallen drastically in just the last 2-3 weeks. The server used to be able to complete all 5 CHs for the first Grand Harvest of the day, now the population has declined so much that only CH 1 completes. The other 4 chs had 1 or 2 people running around and ch 2 the final boss was left with 70 percent HP by the end of the event.

I am level 50 HM 10 with a AP of 646 so my experience isn't terribly effected by low population. However I used to be able to kill 3-5 desperadoes during each grand harvest and increase my daily XP by over 100K just from the boss kills. Plus I would go to as many baylees as I could to gain XP from that.

I have a friend who wanted to start playing the game so I made a new char to play with him. All the new zones are a ghost town. If I hadn't made a new char to lvl with him he would interact with no one and would quit the game. With the two of us getting to level 22/23 I honestly have only seen 1 other player. I know they opened 2 new servers but I think that was a huge mistake when currently existing servers are dead.

I used to be able to go to shiverstone and just party with people I came across. The last time I ran it I ended up soloing 2 of the 3 bosses and only ran into 1 other person.

Its time to turn off the lights on some servers so that the light on others can shine brighter.

From Juwol here...  The first region was a desert within first month of launch. I witnessed it myself, there was nobody except for a few botts here and there. Then the cinderlands became a desert. Last month and a bit longer, the moonwater region has been a desert (except for BW area). It has been like that from nearly the beginning, not just a sudden dip in population.   Merging the server? I wouldn't be too optimistic. There will still be no players in the first 3 major regions.

Players need to realise, as a customers they can take matters into their own hands.

Example?

Server is dead. Let's get as many people as we can to make an Alt on a populated server to reduce the amount of people even more.

Pvp has bots? Strike. Pick a day or week where no one does PvP. Ncsoft will do something then.

As the customer you people have more power then you know

11 minutes ago, Akashi said:

Inb5 instead of merging the servers they'll only offer server transfer to milk the player's bank account /s

Pretty much this. You'll see server transfer in the HM store soon.

You think you're on a low pop server now wait until them transfer services go live. FYI when they start merging servers people in game, and out, will start quitting since it basically says your game is dead. A new person see's 20 servers when they make a new character they will be under the impression that the game is popular and stay.

I hope they make it for free, but knowing their decisions its 99% sure you will need to pay.

Bad thing of not merging is that many players that dont want to pay will get stucked in a more even dead server, they will quit, people that dont know this and join a dead server will also quit on some time. All the newest servers should be merged now, they have so few people

29 minutes ago, Mastrof said:

I hope they make it for free, but knowing their decisions its 99% sure you will need to pay.

Bad thing of not merging is that many players that dont want to pay will get stucked in a more even dead server, they will quit, people that dont know this and join a dead server will also quit on some time. All the newest servers should be merged now, they have so few people

What gets me, is how anyone in this day and age, can't figure out to get on the site and find out which servers are popular and decide which one to go to from there :p

1 hour ago, Mastrof said:

The only game I knew that offered free transfers was prior to shutting the servers down, so people could chose. Those who did not transfer at the time were moved authomatically later.

What gets me, is how anyone in this day and age, can't figure out to get on the site and find out which servers are popular and decide which one to go to from there :p

Given that there is no metrics published at all by the company on the server status (Light or Average or Heavy) it is hard to judge. On the word of mouth we all should be on Mushin. And when I was just starting people were saying Poharan. I had a friend from another game on Iksanun, so I went to Iksanun. That was in late February, and Iksanun was pretty nice at the time, with lots of people, but not overly crazy. But now, the low level areas are deserted all the way to silverfrost.

This game doesn't need 12+ regional servers, it needs at most 6.

1 hour ago, DomiSotto said:

Given that there is no metrics published at all by the company on the server status (Light or Average or Heavy) it is hard to judge. On the word of mouth we all should be on Mushin. And when I was just starting people were saying Poharan. I had a friend from another game on Iksanun, so I went to Iksanun. That was in late February, and Iksanun was pretty nice at the time, with lots of people, but not overly crazy. But now, the low level areas are deserted all the way to silverfrost.

This game doesn't need 12+ regional servers, it needs at most 6.

Oh, I'm sure it doesn't need that many servers now.  With how names work in BnS, I wouldn't even see a reason to complain about server mergers, as long as they sent everyone on one server to the same server.  You don't lose your name and your clans stay together.

NCSoft shouldn't have listen to some cries, and open up that many sub servers during the Official Launch month when it was obvious that the population at that time was driven by hype and are expected to reduce to a point after a certain of time. Now, we ended up with players complaining about dead server. To be frank, I always chose the server with highest population regardless when I started playing, but looking at the many unsolved gameplay issue in this game, even me, in Mushin server, felt that players are definitely reduced. An example would be GHS from 5 channels in Mushin used to be full even before the raid starts, and now? Only 1 channel is probably full.

Given that one server is obviously isolated in the PoV of a player, not merging server will only kills the server and game off at a increasing rate, with the effect spreading within the server population and causing serious issues. By then, even if you, from the official side, wanted to acknowledge this problem, it will be too late because players in that specified server have long gone. Not acknowledge it for the sake of not spreading negative news a.k.a game is dead, is only a short term "solution", in the long run, the game is truly dead.

So far, in the producer letter note, they only mentioned of personal transferring of servers, but the impact from this solution is small, only players with real intention of playing their old characters will pay that price and transfer, what's remain are the casual players, which is nonetheless, still legit player, rot in it. Nevertheless, they should quickly apply that personal server transferring as soon as possible anyway. They should also introduce "Newbie packages" sort of thing throughout the levels to encourage the other casual players in old server and new players to speed up the progress of old contents. And lastly, fix that faction imbalance for good, like literally, current population from both sides are extremely off the scale, unhealthy, which is such a turn off to that one sides of players due to unable to compete for upgrade materials, some may switch but some may choose to leave the game.

Western Blade and Soul is not run by PvP, its PvE that makes the game survive, get the priority right.

3 hours ago, Brand X said:

This is pretty much just bullshit tho :)

As another poster said, actually getting some true server numbers, might not be as easy as you are making it sound, since the game companies don't release that kind of info.

And even if you do, I picked the 2nd most populated EU server when I started in feb. And we are down to 2-3 SSP channels, doing peak hours.

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

Oh, I'm sure it doesn't need that many servers now.  With how names work in BnS, I wouldn't even see a reason to complain about server mergers, as long as they sent everyone on one server to the same server.  You don't lose your name and your clans stay together.

Since, a server, most likly already consist of several clusters. I don't think a server "merge" is needed, I like Blizzards idea with connected realms.

Archived