Banning Done Right

Randomonium

On 6/2/2016 at 2:58 PM, ander01se said:

So the Overwatch link (EDIT: not the link to kotaku. Can't quote that part) is actually pointing to their Chinese site that lists all the game IDs which got banned? I believe all Blizzard games are offered through partnership in China, and their Chinese partner has a lot of power over what to do there. I'm not sure Blizzard US would risk publicity bash doing the same thing. I didn't do a lot of search but didn't see a similar list on their US site. But still, those are battle.net IDs which are mostly not the same as in-game names, and their End User Agreement probably says those game IDs/names are Blizzard property and they can do whatever with them. They are legally covered.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

b2p game: purchase licence aka spend money. be banned and spend again money = more effort to gain . community notice the banhammer

f2p game: create as many as possible accounts, farm RL money. be banned? whio cares, spend time to grow another account. community doesnt notice the banhammer.

1 hour ago, ThePrelate said:

You obviously have never had an incident with cheaters and bots.

I play BnS, maybe you have heard of it before so know about its cheaters and bots? Look it up, will be a fun game when they get rid of them.

Another company that gets it... sad it's one of the worst. :P

http://kotaku.com/ubisoft-now-handing-out-permanent-bans-for-first-time-d-1781549706

As a direct result of this improved cheat detection, last month we announced “the biggest wave of suspensions and bans to date”. This marked the beginning of an intensive campaign during which actions were taken against a total of over 30,000 accounts, including 3,800 permanent bans. This led to a significantly improved experience, particularly in the Dark Zone.

Following this campaign of suspensions and bans, it also became clear that while huge progress has been made in terms of cheat detection, our 14 days suspension on first offense policy has not been dissuasive enough. Judging from your feedback, and based on what we witnessed when cheaters came back to the game, we have now decided to push our policy one step further: we will now start applying permanent bans on first offense when players are caught using cheat engines and we will communicate clearly when new ban waves are taking place.

Yea seeing ubi step up yday with Rainbow 6 Siege and now with The Division handing out perma bans instead of wrist slaps hopefully has a positive impact on those games and has the ripple effect that more companies realize that if they don't follow suit they will lose players.  Cheaters are cancer and any company that doesn't take their impact seriously deserves the death that cancer will eventually turn into.

Archived