Windows 10 VS Windows 8.1

Cipro

Can anyone tell me their experience with Windows 10 specially ?

My computer hard disk left me just 2days ago :(

was on windows 8.1.... 64 bits

cause of that I cant play BnS atm :( and specially with the newest patch for the story.

thinking of going to upgrade to Win 10.

but would like to know ur thought.

since i read many post with on 10, game fps is kinda low causing some slow motion/moves in crowded place. or is it manageable?

thank you

Might want to know my specs :
Win 10 64 bits
Asus P7Z68 Deluxe-Gen1
OS and Game on SSD - Samsung 840 Evo
I5 2500k 3.3ghz OC @ 4.5ghz
GTX 780 Ti
16 Gb RAM DDR3 1333 mhz

Here is the issue i have since monday :(

My computer took a hit.

when i start up the laptop, after the manufacturer logo, I get stuck at the windows Logo Blue for like forever.

I tried to force restart the computer and it showed auto repair. then showed restaure the computert, which i choosed and then bam, Logo of Microsoft appears again and nothing load. I get stuck here forever.

I feel like my Hard disk took a hit causing me this issue.

So if I could get your computer experience viewpoint and also ur opinion on that matter.

cause of that cant even play BnS after this patch :(

Computer is Asus KL575 I7

Nvidia 840m if i remember correctly.

Few ideas comes to mind :
Try a safe boot, if it works it may be more on the software side.
Boot your computer and leave it running for a long time (several hours), and see if it still stucks (maybe you already done it).
If you have a windows installation CD / USB drive, you can try to repair.
If you have another computer using the same OS, you can create a recovery drive, and try to repair with that.
I doubt you want to do it but you can remove the HDD and try it on another computer.

Reinstall the OS. If you want to keep your data, you can shrink one of your partition and install the OS on it and see if it works.

No issues at all. All my games and softwares work on Win 10.
Just the same issue with Nvidia GPUs and CPU graphics processor that happens in win 8 too, when you do an update of the GPU, it does not switch back to the GPU.
Just need to disable the CPU graphics processor in the device manager once your GPU is installed.

PS : I didn't try with very old games.

5 hours ago, Cipro said:

Can anyone tell me their experience with Windows 10 specially ?

My computer hard disk left me just 2days ago :(

was on windows 8.1.... 64 bits

cause of that I cant play BnS atm :( and specially with the newest patch for the story.

thinking of going to upgrade to Win 10.

but would like to know ur thought.

since i read many post with on 10, game fps is kinda low causing some slow motion/moves in crowded place. or is it manageable?

thank you

There isnt much difference between win10 and win8,1  so far that I noticed.

Although I prefer win10. It has a startmenu again.

I am not aware that win10 would cause this slow motion moves in a crowded place.

I never heard about that, nor had that happen once while lvling from 1-50. Although I dont know exactly at which point you call it crowded.

Maybe also ask in those posts that you read about slow motion moves in crowded place and win 10?

If you havent done that already.

In crowded places I had low fps with win 8.1, didn't change with win 10.

As far as I know, any software working on win 7, would work on 8, and any software on 8 would work on 10.
Unless you're using 16-bit apps on a 64-bit OS, everything should work.

Archived