BD update? or Bug?

RudeBwoii

After recent patch today i notice that Lightning Draw doesnt give electric focus, is this a bug or something or am i missing something by thinking it used to give electric focus? maybe its because i just woke up i dont know, but i think i have been playing the class long enough and i am pretty sure it used to give 3 electric focus along with 10 sec lightning surge? but now hitting Lightning Draw gives 0 lightning focus and only the electric surge, now u basically have to crit flicker to get electric focus or always use Flaming Scourge with lightning Draw to get electric focus.

Again, maybe i am drunk as *cricket* or simply still in dreamland here, but what gives? where did my electric focus go??? 3 electric focus with my current gear used to be 14-16k dmg per focus without those electric focus whats going to happen to BD dps??? having to always depend on a separate skill to get DPS which have different cooldowns isnt ideal.....

Lightning Draw by itself doesn't give lightning focus, never has. My guess is you're so used to using Flaming Scourge with it, that you never noticed the lightning focus was coming from there and not Lightning Draw.

On 02/06/2016 at 7:56 AM, Shinsetsu said:

Lightning Draw by itself doesn't give lightning focus, never has. My guess is you're so used to using Flaming Scourge with it, that you never noticed the lightning focus was coming from there and not Lightning Draw.

not the lightning draw itself but electric Electric Focus passive skill should grant electric spirit but it doesnt. i am looking at it right now:

-Grants Electric Surge for 10 sec after lightning Draw

-[Electric Surge grants 1 electric spirit] <=== This

-Stacks up to 3 times

-Removed when switched to basic stance

The 2nd point means on default u get 1 electric focus AFTER using lightning draw, i know this because there have been times when i didnt know about flaming scourge and i would get the 3 focus without using flicker crits or anything (i am guessing they changed the Electric Focus skill either this patch or a few pass patches to only give 1) i started using Flaming Scourge a few months ago so i am not too sure as to when they would change it from 3 electric focus to 1 but in any case it should give at least 1 as stated in the skill description. Again i know for sure pre-patch there used to be electric focus on Lightning Draw because its after not using Flaming Scourge that it bugged me i am not getting any EF which is a huge dps lost then i decided to look into it.

22 hours ago, RudeBwoii said:

not the lightning draw itself but electric Electric Focus passive skill should grant electric spirit but it doesnt. i am looking at it right now:

-Stacks up to 3 times

The 2nd point means on default u get 1 electric focus AFTER using lightning draw, i know this because there have been times when i didnt know about flaming scourge and i would get the 3 focus without using flicker crits or anything (i am guessing they changed the Electric Focus skill either this patch or a few pass patches to only give 1) i started using Flaming Scourge a few months ago so i am not too sure as to when they would change it from 3 electric focus to 1 but in any case it should give at least 1 as stated in the skill description. Again i know for sure pre-patch there used to be electric focus on Lightning Draw because its after not using Flaming Scourge that it bugged me i am not getting any EF which is a huge dps lost then i decided to look into it.

Are you sure you wasn't using the Stage 3, Tier 3 Lightning Draw?  Because that's the only one that gives 1 lightning focus on use.  Otherwise the other Lightning Draws never did give any free Lightning Focus, only Storm Cleave gave 3.  It's always been like this since Closed Beta.

11 hours ago, Quantum said:

Are you sure you wasn't using the Stage 3, Tier 3 Lightning Draw?  Because that's the only one that gives 1 lightning focus on use.  Otherwise the other Lightning Draws never did give any free Lightning Focus, only Storm Cleave gave 3.  It's always been like this since Closed Beta.

Yeah that's probably it. Most people use the left branch, even without the hongmoon skill.

On 02/06/2016 at 7:56 AM, Shinsetsu said:

-Stacks up to 3 times

17 hours ago, Quantum said:

I think i made it clear that its not Lightning Draw itself gives the electric focus but the passive skill "Electric Focus" gives the electric focus.... the skill specifically states that u gain 1 electric spirit upon using Lightning Draw which is what i was pointing at by posting the skill description.

2 hours ago, RudeBwoii said:

I think i made it clear that its not Lightning Draw itself gives the electric focus but the passive skill "Electric Focus" gives the electric focus.... the skill specifically states that u gain 1 electric spirit upon using Lightning Draw which is what i was pointing at by posting the skill description.

The electric focus passive skill has never done that though, could have been a translation error.  It only gives storm cleave 3 electric focus.  It may seems confusing but that description isn't very clear.  It just says that electric surge grants 1 electric focus, not the lightning draw.  It means you can get an electric focus during electric surge which can stack up 3 times.

On 06/06/2016 at 5:21 PM, Quantum said:

The electric focus passive skill has never done that though, could have been a translation error.  It only gives storm cleave 3 electric focus.  It may seems confusing but that description isn't very clear.  It just says that electric surge grants 1 electric focus, not the lightning draw.  It means you can get an electric focus during electric surge which can stack up 3 times.

ic, i guess i was too used to using the LD + FS combo and got derailed by the translation. I dunno but it felt weird though.

Archived