THANK YOU!!!

FaeQueen

4 hours ago, Bearil said:

I will add some explanations and NO, Jin Seo Yeon is not a psycopath but a nihilist

Wonderful synapses Bearil, everything you wrote was amazing, but I especially want to comment on this and elaborate on it, because it's true and I love the fact that you hit the nail on the head. People so often misuse the word 'Psychopath' in reference to villains, as a coverall term for their anti-social behavior. While Jin Seo Yun exhibits certain traits through her nihilistic actions that make her seem psychopathic, it is not possible for a psychopath to care for someone as Jin Seo Yun did for her master. A psychopath would need no motive to kill and manipulate except for the sheer pleasure of doing so- Jin Seo Yun only found temporary relief in what she did because she was, ultimately, experiencing a kind of emotional pain a psychopath is incapable of. So I think it's great that you also see her as a nihilist!

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jin Seo was shown on the official comics that she was a young idealist, trying to do what she though it was right even when it clashed with her teacher philosophy of neutrality despite how much she loved her teacher. But after the betrayal with the years she became bitter and jaded, considering that a world, one which the most corrupt thrive is not worth saving. Jin Seo openly states her world view for example when Ik sanum is killed by Ilsim "Children killing their parents, nothing strange in this rotten world" or how she dissaproves of Musung thirst for power by trying to get the Mushin legacy noting that he didnt let off his greed go.

Here is one chapter telling a story from when she was a student ((its official btw not fan made) just before Mushin butted in:

http://imgur.com/a/62aor

Also the Blade Master(Gunma) from the eight masters had an special relationship with her once:

xxx.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/138648-norhern-star-gunma-translation/

(just put www instead of xxx forum tries to mess with the link)

Hardly a psycho when she used to be such a sweet child, but easy to understand how she felt when she awakened after falling the cliff:

20151201161114-yK6ztLlX7SwEbkyJnjB60-v4

20151201161117-Ixx7dMBgu6qqV6G3Znxj0-v4

8 hours ago, Ryuukishi said:

You have a point but are also once again generalising things. If people talk about problems with NCwest here, it's not necessarily ignorant to other regions. It's because they only play OUR version.  And if they only play(ed) our version, why should they make comparisons to versions other than the Korean (as in the very original game version)?

Because if you pin the blame solely on NCwest, it IS a sign of ignorance of how it is on other regions, including KR one. There have been changes all over the plot in later acts and it's not exclusive to NA/EU, is what I'm saying. NCwest can be blamed on other things regarding the plot, but the new story isn't exclusive to them, so blaming it on them in unfair.

I couldn't care less for the rest of your post because it completely missed the point of mine.

8 hours ago, Shilen said:

I get what you’re saying here. I really do. And while I do dislike the new story, that’s not really my main concern here. The new storyline might not be as good as the original (personal opinion), but it’s still a good story. It’s decent. This isn’t about how Team Bloodlust rewrote the story. No, this is about how poorly NCWest have localised Act 4. They’ve cheapened the plot again. They *cricket*ed up the characters again. They’ve messed up the lore again. They’ve removed every last bit of authenticity, removed every piece of depth this game ever had. There is no emotion left in bns. 

NCWest has turned a beautiful story about love and forgiveness into a sappy hollywood cliche. That is my problem.

OK, now THIS point actually makes more sense and I agree. NCwest's job was less simple translation/localization and more poorly done rewriting in some areas and it's happened in early acts. Not many reasons left to hope for them to get better about it in later acts. It removed some nuances and extra foreshadowing for no real reason, if not completely changing dialogue and creating plotholes that weren't originally there.

New story in the original isn't without these problems from what I heard, but NCwest isn't exactly making them any better either. This 'localization' job, contrary to the new story, can indeed be blamed solely on them.

My final conclusion. The new version kinda sucked. Compared to the original, this version felt less complete. The original felt more emotional, and had tied up more loose ends than the one we got. 

As as for the outfit, it looks cute. Much better than I thought it would look. 

Just now, Bearil said:

Theres also the warlock master one translated both chapter 1 and 2 but posting them now would be kinda spoilerish to future plot. To put on non spoiler terms, it explains why the 8 masters are 7 when you meet them.

Bah, I don't mind spoilers myself. By all means, post all the translated stuff in spoiler tags.

Theres also the warlock master one translated both chapter 1 and 2 but posting them now would be kinda spoilerish to future plot. To put on non spoiler terms, it explains why the 8 masters are 7 when you meet them.

Musung story chapter 1 and 2:

xxx.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/139434-star-of-wails-musung/

xxx.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/139434-star-of-wails-musung/page__p__859365#entry859365

Madun story (mostly text with some images):

xxx.bladeandsouldojo.com/topic/167895-madun-the-mistwalker-translations/

Birth of a warlock chapter 1 and 2 WARNING MIGHT SPOILER FUTURE CONTENT PARTS !!

http://imgur.com/a/JfoK6

http://imgur.com/a/HaDF3

There are 6 warlock chapters but only 2 are translated by now

I must say after all this forced rushing into Silverfrost weapon path and rush to level with some bonus XP event, I am a bit disappointed.

Seems we missed something, but was True Pirate 5, all siren access, 475 AP on 50 HM 5 really all that was needed to complete that chapter?

I was confused by how easy it was with how inflated everything else has been up to this point. even getting Yunma Kahn's sword back was tougher than Jinsoyun fight.

I knew what to expect from the story, ergo how I know we are missing stuff; but was expecting a bit more. Maybe if the REST of the game was like this, the servers would be flooded making people BEG for premium to get ahead in the login queue because you can actually do things, have fun, play for things you like, collect outfits, and pets, do Whirlwind Valley/Infinite Tower etc at your leisure without feeling pressured by the over inflated mob health

Maybe it was just because how little there really was to do for these chapters other than windstride for 2 hours, or maybe not playing for 3 weeks let me go in in perfect form to just wipe the floor with all the mobs?

I got my closure on the story that we began with, so the future is up in the air, but think the game still needs work before too many more people come in to find these new vista's to explore that appear on the map like Gunwa City, etc.

Still seems all the work up on the Silverfrost weapons wasn't even needed with these fights and the story should have came out March 23rd when Silverfrost did.

Admittedly I was hoping for a more difficult battle with Jinsoyun or at least a repeatable hard mode solo version with drops/rewards (I'm assming the mandate instance is the party version of a Jinsoyun fight or?)

Moments of the story had me going *GASP*  And I thought it was great.  Yes, it could have kept some of what we missed and my only guess as to why they got rid of it, is to focus on Jinsoyun as the villain?

Even at the end, it feels like everyone is all "GRRR JINSOYUN!" and no one is "We must get that Mushin for really starting this all!"

1 hour ago, Inugami said:

Admittedly I was hoping for a more difficult battle with Jinsoyun or at least a repeatable hard mode solo version with drops/rewards (I'm assming the mandate instance is the party version of a Jinsoyun fight or?)

but thats what you have, go solo Heaven mandate, thats exactly the thing you want. And its pretty challenging, like mushing and jungado on steroids. But ppl beat it after some time. I think it would be  bad to force some people wait with story advancement for better gear. You have option for it, and extra tittle.

EDIT (dont try it without 600+ap recommended, the more, the better)

3 minutes ago, babeln said:

but thats what you have, go solo Heaven mandate, thats exactly the thing you want. And its pretty challenging, like mushing and jungado on steroids. But ppl beat it after some time. I think it would be  bad to force some people wait with story advancement for better gear. You have option for it, and extra tittle.

Nah I wouldn't want people to have to be geared to fight her at the end of the story, especially with the rush to get the outfit. I just meant I expected her AI to be a bit more interesting. I felt like the fight was super one sided even in her advanced form DX But good to know thats what Heaven's Mandate is, I'll definitely make it my goal to gear up and solo that !

1 minute ago, Inugami said:

Nah I wouldn't want people to have to be geared to fight her at the end of the story, especially with the rush to get the outfit. I just meant I expected her AI to be a bit more interesting. I felt like the fight was super one sided even in her advanced form DX But good to know thats what Heaven's Mandate is, I'll definitely make it my goal to gear up and solo that !

AI is crazy good, go try full non nerf version =)

Archived