THANK YOU!!!

FaeQueen

Hasn't the story been changed to accomodate to the fact that there no longer is an option between Light and Dark path, plus the later acts? So the older Act 4 finale videos a couple of people posted haven't counted in quite some time. Bit of a moot point to complain about in our servers alone when every other has it the same anyway.

It's one thing to think it was a change for the worse in some aspects, which is likely the case given that it ended up adding more plotholes that are yet to be addressed in later acts... if it ever happens, but don't treat it like it's exclusively a problem with NCwest with NA/EU, because that's just some of you people being ignorant.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I don't think Jinso came off as nonsensical, there are psychopats in this world, quite a lot of them actually. I found the story solid (when you read real world news... can believe anything xD)

I could've worded it better... What I meant is that her saying  "My revenge is over" simply doesn't make sense. Her end goal is to kill Mushin and destroy the world in order to avenge Biwol/Jiwan. She failed in both. Biwol's murderer is still alive; in other words JSY saying her revenge is over is wrong.

Actually this version of the story(cut scenes and such) was revamped by bloodlust. all the other servers are on this route. And yeah, her "revenge" felt a bit odd, the new line makes it seem like doing the dark lords deed is just her way of getting revenge(here the receiver of her revenge seems to be not only mushin but the entire realm) 

The old line made it seem like the dark lords deed was a means to lure out mushin(who seemed to be the main and only focus of her revenge). both are still valid in the grand scheme, the story of mushin would also have ended there. 

As a fan of mushin, im ok with this ending. 

It is odd that they split out this part. It is really just a cutscene sequence. I did not like the ending and the outfit, but some of the battle scenes had a nice epic feel. Whatever did they put on poor Junghado in the end.... (sigh)

As much as I like the original ending and wish it was in place (I can't honestly fathom why it was changed) I loved this one too. I have a soft spot for villains like Jin, and my character would have chosen to give her a chance at redemption.

Thank you NCSoft, for the warm fuzzies, the tears, and the awesome outfit to serve as a reminder at the end of it all <3

6 hours ago, Shilen said:

I could've worded it better... What I meant is that her saying  "My revenge is over" simply doesn't make sense. Her end goal is to kill Mushin and destroy the world in order to avenge Biwol/Jiwan. She failed in both. Biwol's murderer is still alive; in other words JSY saying her revenge is over is wrong.

Her revenge ended the moment the dark portal opened and she sent Yunwa as the vessel to it. She knew she was going to die against you. Hong was always going to be able to stop her even when heavily poisoned. The only reason he didn't was because of you. You technically have all of Hong's powers now. She probably hoped that you would kill her using the sword and end up breaking so it couldn't be used on the dark emperor.

What are the most of you guys even talking about how shitty and strange the ending was? 

It is exactly the same ending as in the TW version which I played around a year ago so no its not "exclusive" for EU/NA. 

19 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

Hasn't the story been changed to accomodate to the fact that there no longer is an option between Light and Dark path, plus the later acts? So the older Act 4 finale videos a couple of people posted haven't counted in quite some time. Bit of a moot point to complain about in our servers alone when every other has it the same anyway.

It's one thing to think it was a change for the worse in some aspects, which is likely the case given that it ended up adding more plotholes that are yet to be addressed in later acts... if it ever happens, but don't treat it like it's exclusively a problem with NCwest with NA/EU, because that's just some of you people being ignorant.

I get what you’re saying here. I really do. And while I do dislike the new story, that’s not really my main concern here. The new storyline might not be as good as the original (personal opinion), but it’s still a good story. It’s decent. This isn’t about how Team Bloodlust rewrote the story. No, this is about how poorly NCWest have localised Act 4. They’ve cheapened the plot again. They *cricket*ed up the characters again. They’ve messed up the lore again. They’ve removed every last bit of authenticity, removed every piece of depth this game ever had. There is no emotion left in bns. 

NCWest has turned a beautiful story about love and forgiveness into a sappy hollywood cliche. That is my problem.

10 hours ago, Natello said:

I know what you mean, but you have to agree that a fight that lasts a few secondes is not really what you call a boss fight.

it's probably because u got like true breeze or true scorpio or some end game weapon. I know some people who are still doing story quest with a true profane or even lesser. so this boss fight would be immensely difficult and/or long if the "boss fight" had like 3x the hp now. 

9 hours ago, Tsuchiryu said:

You have a point but are also once again generalising things. If people talk about problems with NCwest here, it's not necessarily ignorant to other regions. It's because they only play OUR version.  And if they only play(ed) our version, why should they make comparisons to versions other than the Korean (as in the very original game version)?

Same for Shiune's all-knowing attitude: People compare it to the version/region they play. Why compare/use a version in your statement you haven't played (other than watching cutscenes of youtube, which mostly is for the original Korean version).

I will add some explanations and NO, Jin Seo Yeon is not a psycopath but a nihilist:

When she was young the was saved by her master and they developed a relationship more closer to parent and child than to master and student, moreso when she was the only one who choose to save her and gave her a new chance in life after being poisoned with dark chi. Years after, her master was betrayed by Mushin and killed by the world's greatest heroes (by mistake but still killed her), and the entire world blamed her. Despairing and with no allies left, she vowed to get revenge against those who killed her beloved teacher, and her thirst for revenge slowly twisted her.

During the long years she discovered that Mushin was either corrupted by the demon lord or more likely possesed by him, so even if she killed Mushin the demon lord would just retreat to the demon plane so her vengance would be incomplete, so she made a pact with the devil itself to bring the demon lord to the Earthen Realm by using a perfect vessel for him to inhabit (Yunwa). If the demon lord had a perfect vessel she would be able to kill him for good thus ending her revenge. She didnt care about the world since a world full of hypocrisy that allowed her master to die wasnt worth saving.

When the pc appeared Yin Seo Yeong was surprised that he/she managed to survive the black rose curse, but even if she didnt cut him/her any slack she cannot help but realize that both are the same fueled by vengance and to deny the pc revenge would be to deny her own. She knows that she deserves to die and she doesnt care about herself, but not before her revenge is complete.

In the end the pc soundly defeats her even despite Yin Seo Yeong trading her humanity for more power. Realizing that her quest  was over just before he could claim vengance she madly laughs, with many emotions swirling her mind at once. When she was seemingly going to be killed she utters "Thats what both we wanted" showing that she feels that revenge is worthy and the she has no longer anything left to live for. 

When the pc spares her and go after the rift she says "Thats your answer then?" noticing that the pc had surpassed his/her own thirst of vengance, probably feeling a mix of hatred, envy, surprise and admiration for someone who went beyond her despite having both similar origins, before her body gives in

42 minutes ago, Ryuukishi said:

You have a point but are also once again generalising things. If people talk about problems with NCwest here, it's not necessarily ignorant to other regions. It's because they only play OUR version.  And if they only play(ed) our version, why should they make comparisons to versions other than the Korean (as in the very original game version)?

Same for Shiune's all-knowing attitude: People compare it to the version/region they play. Why compare/use a version in your statement you haven't played (other than watching cutscenes of youtube, which mostly is for the original Korean version).

I'll correct myself:

The story is the same on EVERY OTHER VERSION (INCLUDING KR) OUT THERE SINCE MORE THEN 2 YEARS ALREADY. 

It has nothing to do with all-knowing. 

More about people which are absolutely clueless seeing an old video on YouTube and automatically assume NCwest fcked another thing up while they changed nothing storywise. 

7 minutes ago, Bearil said:

I will add some explanations and NO, Jin Seo Yeon is not a psycopath but a nihilist:

When she was young the was saved by her master and they developed a relationship more closer to parent and child than to master and student, moreso when she was the only one who choose to save her and gave her a new chance in life after being poisoned with dark chi. Years after, her master was betrayed by Mushin and killed by the world's greatest heroes (by mistake but still killed her), and the entire world blamed her. Despairing and with no allies left, she vowed to get revenge against those who killed her beloved teacher, and her thirst for revenge slowly twisted her.

During the long years she discovered that Mushin was either corrupted by the demon lord or more likely possesed by him, so even if she killed Mushin the demon lord would just retreat to the demon plane so her vengance would be incomplete, so she made a pact with the devil itself to bring the demon lord to the Earthen Realm by using a perfect vessel for him to inhabit (Yunwa). If the demon lord had a perfect vessel she would be able to kill him for good thus ending her revenge. She didnt care about the world since a world full of hypocrisy that allowed her master to die wasnt worth saving.

When the pc appeared Yin Seo Yeong was surprised that he/she managed to survive the black rose curse, but even if she didnt cut him/her any slack she cannot help but realize that both are the same fueled by vengance and to deny the pc revenge would be to deny her own. She knows that she deserves to die and she doesnt care about herself, but not before her revenge is complete.

In the end the pc soundly defeats her even despite Yin Seo Yeong trading her humanity for more power. Realizing that her quest  was over just before he could claim vengance she madly laughs, with many emotions swirling her mind at once. When she was seemingly going to be killed she utters "Thats what both we wanted" showing that she feels that revenge is worthy and the she has no longer anything left to live for. 

When the pc spares her and go after the rift she says "Thats your answer then?" noticing that the pc had surpassed his/her own thirst of vengance, probably feeling a mix of hatred, envy, surprise and admiration for someone who went beyond her despite having both similar origins, before her body gives in

An outstanding synapses Bearil and I agree with you completely. That is exactly what I saw.

I loved the how they ended this story line. It was emotionally gratifying, and rewarding for me. The scene before confronting Jin revealed that she had overcome her selfish desire for revenge and stopping Jin when she used her Chi to heal and protect her friends. Master Hong's appearance and what he subsequently said and did proved he knew she would make this journey and make the right decision. The final scene at Heaven's Gate was the highlight of the story for me. Saving Jin and giving her mercy and a chance to start over...let me say that this was a truly powerful scene. Now, I'm looking forward to seeing what that scumbag Mushin has for her in trying to reveal the 'truth.'

Also the pc cant help but to feel pity on Jin Seo Yeoung since she had it far harsher than himself/herself. 

She was left alone with the entire world against her for the murder of the Heavenly Blade, yet at least the pc along the way found true friends and allies some of which sacrificed their lives for him/her (the  masters).

Probably the pc felt that they werent so different, but while he/she got extra help to snap out of the path of vengance she was always alone for almost 3 long decades. Even Jin Seo Yeong though the same and in the end wondered by they were so similar and yet so different.

Thats why the pc choose to give her a new chance in life realizing that Jin Seo Yeong wasnt an evil person, but a person forced to be so and that she never had someone near her to help her. Well, Biwol, her master was, but she was killed and on her celestial form she wasnt allowed to meet with her and she breaked quite a bit of the rules when helping and saving the pc life a few times, all for the sake of her beloved pupil.

Biwol always wanted that Jin Seo Yeong would find peace and happiness as a person, but sadly she was trapped on the chains of vengance. Thats why when the pc even manages to get rid of the dark chi that corrupted her something that even Biwol wasnt able to (she managed to repress the synthoms and keep Jin Seo Yeong human but the dark chi still was still there and contributed on poisoning her mind eventually), Biwol realizes that this time Jin Seo would be able to finally live and bows gratefully to the pc before leaving  Jin Seo Yeong on a certain place and return to the heavens.

Heh, interesting to see the Korean ending. I didn't expect the Western release would be altered on that part. I knew they would edit though the Moonwater ending due to a certain scene. Funny though before I played this game I watched the anime. Now I see where that Yura and Gubong reference came from.

I just played past the part at Jiwan's Peak, and while NCSWest didn't really grant us much (or hardly any) opportunity to see Jinsoyun from another angle, gosh Iksanun deserved his fate with his pathetic show of jumping to conclusion and accusations. I mean, sure it's kinda hard to not trust Mushin's words as a fellow comrade but his attitude was already pathetic towards Jinsoyun when Jiwan had decided to save her. Hong would have been the only "reasonable" person left but ultimately he had to make the decision he did.

What else? The short adventure to the Dark Path for Cricket was terribly bad. I didn't actually expect a story power-up, yet nothing really changed other than the more aggessive responses during the dialogues. Heck, not even Jinsonyun commented on the path when she epically wiped your sorry behind during the cutscene. I had to laugh during it.

On the other hand, unless more backstabbing happens, I really hope that Cricket's for-now friendship with the Talus Dominion good guys remains. After all the shiz he/she went though, he needs trusty allys/friends/comrades.

Archived