Content behind paywall

Ninfu

I really wish ncsoft just put all their efforts on selling cosmetics instead of dungeon resets. I mean, no one would probably agree with me on this, but I'd rather not have the content at all if it's behind resets. For some reason resets make that content feel like a chore like "you better do it because you can only do it once a day, don't waste it". Meh.

Edit: Didn't say it was behind a paywall. Just stated it felt very chore-ish. And a larger reason why I'd rather not have the content at all is because the cold storage and heaven mandates (I haven't done infinity tower, don't really want to. LOL) do not really feel like content. It's just a boss and a half and drops stuff (with not really difficult mechanics, though I still can't understand how to stop jinsoyun's clone from grabbing me while the real her is doing that I'm about to suck you up and 1 hit ko you unless you stand with the priest dude). 

On Friday, June 03, 2016 at 11:33 PM, Shelly said:

I really wish ncsoft just put all their efforts on selling cosmetics instead of dungeon resets. I mean, no one would probably agree with me on this, but I'd rather not have the content at all if it's behind resets. For some reason resets make that content feel like a chore like "you better do it because you can only do it once a day, don't waste it". Meh.

I can agree with that but once again this is in every server. And daily dungeons are in every game. I don't get his arguement at all.

On 3. 6. 2016 at 5:33 AM, Shelly said:

In tera you needed reset almost every single instance, noone moaned about it. And resets themselves had 5 hours cd. Ctrl+c works, quite fast. Altho you usually get back like 1/2 of reset price, when merchant spawns, rarely he drops 10bundle of darts or moonstones. Gamble as others, you can win, most probably not. Chance of peridot worth it for many.

Dont see point why to complain, theres no paywall, buy resets yourself, no need ncoins, we farmed 50 runs cs today, noone used ncoins.

Okay, this has actually drawn my attention for one very important reason.  Just like the whole 'p2w' being misused.  In which this game is far from.  Mainly because if you know what you are doing, know how to use your character, and know the ratio of grinding vs paying.  You will see it is logically more what you call p2a, which means pay to advance quicker.   I.E. The gold buying exchange.  Then again, know what you are doing... 11 gold is easy to get in less than a day, even within hours.  Especially, with crafting.  Now, to Paywall.  First, what you are explaining is not even considered a paywall.  It is yet another p2a technique.  You get 1 run a day free, if you wish to advance faster, you have to buy it, and from as stated.  Even those are limited.  A paywall means content is locked completely unless you pay.  For example, the artifact usage on STWOR, and many of it's "Update material"  As in you HAVE TO PAY to even get access to use.  This, you can use even as a free player.  Before you accuse something, know what the term really means.  Because quite frankly using p2w or paywall don't mean anything otherwise.  I see it on here, as well as several other games I have played.  Every time it is used wrong.  I could give you some prime examples of p2w games, as well as paywall games.  And this is in neither of those lists.  Now with that said.  Stay or leave, but this debates over.  What went from a cogent discussion, went to an opinionated illogical census of terming something into what it's not.

First off the Free to Play term means that you can play the game for free and enjoy it. Buy to Play means a one time fee like regular games. Pay to Play MMOs are usually subscription based. All MMO companies need to make money to keep the servers up and running. This being said they need to make money. NCSoft could have forced everyone to pay $15 per month for the game, a retail fee of $40 and $10 per update after this, or have it Free to Play with a cash shop. Now lets put this into metric over two years shall we.

• Pay to Play (Subscription): 50,000 players * $360 ($15 per month) = $18 Million
  • Buy to Play with purchased updates: 50,000 * $40 = $2 Million | 50,000 * $200 (20 updates over 2 years) = $10 Million for a total of $12 Million
  • Free to Play with a cash shop: 50,000 where 30,000 are Free to Play. Rest spend $100 a month.  20,000 * $2,400 = $48 Million

The models in the bulletin section are the most common MMO business models of today. Can either deal with this or quit playing MMOs in general. All have their negative quirks but be glad that Blade & Soul has yet to put overpowered items directly in the F10 Store. You can make a bunch of gold easily in Blade & Soul if you know how and aren't lazy. The hardcore spenders are the ones that keep the game free for you. Just because you have to spend real money or Hongmoon coin on instance resets doesn't mean it is the end of the world.

MMOs aren't hosted as a charity and companies need to earn money to pay their employess, hosting fees, utilities, etc. A prime example of a Pay to Win game would be Perfect World International and Blade & Soul is far from it. Some people need to re-evaluate what their view of a Pay to Win game is. Blade & Soul isn't Pay to Win. However, It won't hold your hand and feed you off a silver or gold platter either. You have to earn what you acquire in MMOs and games in general. People need to stop looking for instant gratification when it comes from games.

No one is prevented from doing anything in Blade & Soul at least one time. If you want to run certain instances that have always been marked "Daily Instances" which reset once every 24 hours more than once you have to pay for the extra trips. However, Most items can be farmed in multiple areas and the ones that can't aren't of dire need meaning you need an abundance of them to farm for upgrades. Most cases they are one time use items. One thing I learned about the NA communities are that they like to cry over the smallest issues.

On 1/6/2016 at 8:19 PM, Unicorns said:

Its free to do it once a day

Okay, done the infinite tower for three days now.

And it seems you even get 2 tries a day. I suck so bad at "PvP", that I pretty much just use one try. Can't even make it past stage 3, except for two classes where I got to stage 4 :)

1 hour ago, TheQuibbler said:

Okay, done the infinite tower for three days now.

And it seems you even get 2 tries a day. I suck so bad at "PvP", that I pretty much just use one try. Can't even make it past stage 3, except for two classes where I got to stage 4 :)

I actually like how it is. I just keep getting the daily 2 tickets and just run it when i have time and im not missing out on runs lol. 

Glad to see some people around here actually understand stuff on a realistic and factual level and see that this pay wall and pay to win complaining is pure nonsense.

Sadly the voice of reason is all to often drowned out by the cries of ignorance.  

Archived