06/01/16 Patch Chat Thread

SGYu

Just now, Lunakitty said:

You are simply stating what everyone knows already. Unfortunately not all people can learn dungeon from videos (such as myself) and it took many many runs to even manage to do Yeti 4-man even after I had spent few hours watching how to do the dungeon. So..yeah..videos...

I did the same. I watched numerous videos for Yeti and Junghado specific to my class. I even read guides. It took me a long time of just repeatedly running the dungeons to get the movements.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, KlausFlouride said:

The seething hatred you will experience trying to 'learn' the dungeon will make the game very unpleasant. Sorry to say but this game doesn't function like you want it to because of the toxic nature of our community.

You are simply stating what everyone knows already. Unfortunately not all people can learn dungeon from videos (such as myself) and it took many many runs to even manage to do Yeti 4-man even after I had spent few hours watching how to do the dungeon. So..yeah..videos...

On a side note, who here managed to get to Awakened Pirate before the update?
Ima admit here that I felt a ton of pressure nearing the deadline, but somehow i managed to pull through.

Klaus you must have a lot of time haha

Just now, SGYu said:

I did on my alt sin, barely.

I was gonna stay awakened siren on it but 4 hours before maint, my heart kinda sunk.. thinking about the extra cost if I didn't go pirate then and there.

27 minutes ago, Titania Zero said:

Man.  I'll never catch up in AP.  Ah well.  Story only for me I guess. XD

Don't fret, it's not a requirement to have that much AP to do the dungeon, if you get together a group of friends / clan mates you can do with much less. Asura 6-man can be done with around 400 AP. For the most part it's the mechanics of the bosses that matter, not how much damage you do. The enrage timers are very long, and even with 400 AP you can kill them with time to spare.

Also, they said on the stream that Sundered Nexus will be easier than Sogun's Lament, so there's that.

5 minutes ago, HungryTaro said:

I did on my alt sin, barely.

I was gonna stay awakened siren on it but 4 hours before maint, my heart kinda sunk.. thinking about the extra cost if I didn't go pirate then and there.

Prices of mats will hopefully go down by some in the following months...

44 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

Did they mention something about new Daily Dash and its outfit? Can't remember about it. Also I am so excited for the pets! I wonder what AP limits people start making for the new dungeon. Any guesses?

It's a continuous dash so no outfit.

23 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

The reason people want those ap requirements is to blaze through them dungeons as fast as possible. You would actually learn it if you had to use much less ap.

Which is sad. They discriminate against you if your HM level and/or AP is not up to their 'standards' by quitting the team or kicking you off of it, regardless of the dungeon. I guess these people have short-term memory issues in forgetting they started off from scratch. This is the one aspect of this game that sours it for me. In their eyes, AP is greater than skill and effective use of your combos. These are some really shallow individuals in my no so humble opinion.

8 minutes ago, DamnedYankee said:

Which is sad. They discriminate against you if your HM level and/or AP is not up to their 'standards' by quitting the team or kicking you off of it, regardless of the dungeon. I guess these people have short-term memory issues in forgetting they started off from scratch. This is the one aspect of this game that sours it for me. In their eyes, AP is greater than skill and effective use of your combos. These are some really shallow individuals in my no so humble opinion.

AP matters to certain extent, but it definitely isn't everything. Stuff like critical and critical damage is also important, but most of the cross dungeon peeps tend to ignore those and judge one based on AP alone. Which sucks and is still prevailing amongst the endgame community.

48 minutes ago, SGYu said:

Ima admit here that I felt a ton of pressure nearing the deadline, but somehow i managed to pull through.

Klaus you must have a lot of time haha

I managed it on 4 characters... In some ways, I'm kicking myself, because if I had spent all that time and gold just focusing on my main, I'd be IN a place where I could do this upcoming Trove event thing without people rage-quitting Necro 6-man cuz of my gear, and I'd probably be able to better farm gold, materials, skillbooks, whatever FOR my alts...

But in other ways, I don't really regret it, because playing multiple classes is what I find fun, and if I had approached the content at the same speed and grinding intensity as my friends I'd absolutely be burnt out. Well, now that the alts are all in the "safe" zone, so to speak (no more worrying about not getting them geared enough before the weapon path is removed!), I can focus on my main from now on. We'll see how it goes...soulstone farming sucks. Hoping the new Trove event, even if I can't actually get into the dungeons that spawn the guy, will still lower prices on the market for everyone else.

7 minutes ago, Lorelei said:

I managed it on 4 characters... In some ways, I'm kicking myself, because if I had spent all that time and gold just focusing on my main, I'd be IN a place where I could do this upcoming Trove event thing without people rage-quitting Necro 6-man cuz of my gear, and I'd probably be able to better farm gold, materials, skillbooks, whatever FOR my alts...

But in other ways, I don't really regret it, because playing multiple classes is what I find fun, and if I had approached the content at the same speed and grinding intensity as my friends I'd absolutely be burnt out. Well, now that the alts are all in the "safe" zone, so to speak (no more worrying about not getting them geared enough before the weapon path is removed!), I can focus on my main from now on. We'll see how it goes...soulstone farming sucks. Hoping the new Trove event, even if I can't actually get into the dungeons that spawn the guy, will still lower prices on the market for everyone else.

And here I only have time for one =P. Doesn't matter as long as we're happy, lol. I agree Soulstone farming is tough. Im sticking to Misty Woods dailies because SSP is impossibru for me at the moment (Blade Master here)

4 minutes ago, SGYu said:

And here I only have time for one =P. Doesn't matter as long as we're happy, lol. I agree Soulstone farming is tough. Im sticking to Misty Woods dailies because SSP is impossibru for me at the moment (Blade Master here)

I admit, I cheated a bit and bought some of the boxes that had the Spring Breeze outfit in them a few weeks ago...got like 500 Soulstones trying to get the outfit, which helped speed up the Awakened Pirate process on some of my alts.

I still have a WL, Des, KFM and LBM that will be stuck on the new weapon path though, should I ever decide to finish leveling and gear them (unlikely, but hey). Incidentally, one of the characters I DID get Awakened Pirate on was BM...and I feel your pain on the SSP front. I'd recommend trying to do Heuk Bulmu/Yachun every day though, depending on your faction, because that's an easy 20 Soulstones and tbh even on my crummy-geared BM I'm still able to get credit without much fuss.

11 minutes ago, SGYu said:

AP matters to certain extent, but it definitely isn't everything. Stuff like critical and critical damage is also important, but most of the cross dungeon peeps tend to ignore those and judge one based on AP alone. Which sucks and is still prevailing amongst the endgame community.

Yeah don't get me wrong, I know AP is important; however, if you can't use that AP effectively it means nothing. Today in 2 hard dungeons, I watched numerous teams full of high HM levels and 500AP+ get rekt'd while myself and others lower than them continue to fight until the rage timer hit. They quit blaming us for not having the AP as they do. Then, in both instances, teams back-fill with people near or at my AP and HM lvl zone in and we cleared the dungeon. I believe it took 2 attempts to kill those bosses and we were done. I thanked those for sticking it out. We were rewarded for our perseverance.

I may not know every mechanic of these fights; however, after 5 years of fighting in SWTOR (SM, HM, NiM) operations, including doing the same in GW2 and CoH/CoV...you learn them as you go. The most important part is you KNOW your character's abilities and how to effectively use them. It is the preconceived notion of these end gamers believing that if your AP is not 500+ you aren't good enough to fight with them. I mean, I had a full team quit around me in Naryu! A level 45 dungeon, all because I was 405 AP at the time. Really? LOL Oh well...

10 minutes ago, DamnedYankee said:

Yeah don't get me wrong, I know AP is important; however, if you can't use that AP effectively it means nothing. Today in 2 hard dungeons, I watched numerous teams full of high HM levels and 500AP+ get rekt'd while myself and others lower than them continue to fight until the rage timer hit. They quit blaming us for not having the AP as they do. Then, in both instances, teams back-fill with people near or at my AP and HM lvl zone in and we cleared the dungeon. I believe it took 2 attempts to kill those bosses and we were done. I thanked those for sticking it out. We were rewarded for our perseverance.

I may not know every mechanic of these fights; however, after 5 years of fighting in SWTOR (SM, HM, NiM) operations, including doing the same in GW2 and CoH/CoV...you learn them as you go. The most important part is you KNOW your character's abilities and how to effectively use them. It is the preconceived notion of these end gamers believing that if your AP is not 500+ you aren't good enough to fight with them. I mean, I had a full team quit around me in Naryu! A level 45 dungeon, all because I was 405 AP at the time. Really? LOL Oh well...

In other MMO's I have played if you didn't know your toon inside and out you would never get any decent gear. Why? Almost every slot was only upgraded through raids and the entire raid had to know their shit and the mechanics, in that order, to win. Plane of Time in EQ took my guild 3 months of nightly raiding to learn and we were the number 2 guild on the server.

Lets discuss this dungeon ! :D
They managed to clear this in TW server at HM6/7 but keep in mind, its still unclear whether NCWEST will adjust the boss stats or not.
1st boss makes me confused with his explanation about Bingo Game. Maybe someone can explain this ? But the boss fight is kinda easy from what i watched.
2nd boss, basically you have to cc him in correct manner (Green = Knockdown, Blue = Stun, Red = Daze) so what happened if we fail to cc him ? Dunno, probably 
he will unleash some kind of aoe or wipe us.
3rd and 4th bosses, pretty much like BSH Twins or Inferno/Glacier in Sogun's lament, I think ?

Be Ido 1st Phase : Meh. Keep dpsing and when he reached 20% - 30% he will summon turrets like in Talus Dungeon.

Be Ido 2nd Phase : His rotation is kinda similar like a drill in SSP. He will launch some kind of drills to furthest person from him and that person have to aligned that in straight line, destroy the drills and it will give you blue aoe field that can give you buffs (dunno what kind of buffs) and also weaken Be Ido. He will spawn another drill machine but the maker of the video said that we can not touch them and let Be Ido's AOE destroy them. He will use his AOE that can be canceled with CC, so its easy. At lower health, he will use 3 times AOE that can not be CC'ed, so you have to iframe it.

Be Ido 3rd Phase : Ha ha. Just kick his ass. Ez.

This is just my analysis about the fight maybe you guys can correct me on this. :D / 

1 minute ago, KlausFlouride said:

In other MMO's I have played if you didn't know your toon inside and out you would never get any decent gear. Why? Almost every slot was only upgraded through raids and the entire raid had to know their shit and the mechanics, in that order, to win. Plane of Time in EQ took my guild 3 months of nightly raiding to learn and we were the number 2 guild on the server.

Oh yeah, much truth your words. Upgrading gear was important as it increased your stats, but knowing your character's class inside and out is paramount. My guild in SWTOR when I was part of it, we had 3 raid teams. 1 for SM (story mode), 1 for HM (hard mode), and 1 for NiM (Nightmare mode). We advanced our members up in teams as they gained the experience and confidence in giving them the time and skill needed to do the more difficult operation modes and get the gear they needed. Sadly, when you reached the pinnacle of these operations and know them like the back of your hand...what else is there if the devs don't put out any new operations or dungeons? That's where SWTOR is right now. This game has pretty much took the place of SWTOR for me. I'm enjoying this far more now.

I am interested in seeing the ending of the Act 4, as for the rest it's business as usual for me. I have a day off tomorrow, and part of me is really tempted to jump right into the new content, but I'd like to play through the beginning of the Act 4 on my alt who just started Zaiwei instead.

I think it will actually be good for me, because I will be able to remember the events. And, if the alt actually manages okay gear-wise, I might just run the whole story we have on him first, then run my main through it.

I really want the access to the new 24M ASAP, as I am really-really hoping it would be lively, since it drops stingers! For me, personally, the playstyle that mixes and matches an active 24M area and the daily challenges maybe 2-3 times a week with a clan, while bringing an alt through a story once in a while will make a perfect gaming experience. I am really hoping for a 24M area that will retain enough people so I don't have to run 6M much.

My hugest disappointment in this update are the pets, but I knew for a while how they are implemented, and I do not want them that way. I would have been thrilled if they were cosmetic, collectible, no maintenance ones like in SWTOR.

5 minutes ago, CaelumProject said:

Lets discuss this dungeon ! :D
They managed to clear this in TW server at HM6/7 but keep in mind, its still unclear whether NCWEST will adjust the boss stats or not.
1st boss makes me confused with his explanation about Bingo Game. Maybe someone can explain this ? But the boss fight is kinda easy from what i watched.
2nd boss, basically you have to cc him in correct manner (Green = Knockdown, Blue = Stun, Red = Daze) so what happened if we fail to cc him ? Dunno, probably 
he will unleash some kind of aoe or wipe us.
3rd and 4th bosses, pretty much like BSH Twins or Inferno/Glacier in Sogun's lament, I think ?

Be Ido 1st Phase : Meh. Keep dpsing and when he reached 20% - 30% he will summon turrets like in Talus Dungeon.

Be Ido 2nd Phase : His rotation is kinda similar like a drill in SSP. He will launch some kind of drills to furthest person from him and that person have to aligned that in straight line, destroy the drills and it will give you blue aoe field that can give you buffs (dunno what kind of buffs) and also weaken Be Ido. He will spawn another drill machine but the maker of the video said that we can not touch them and let Be Ido's AOE destroy them. He will use his AOE that can be canceled with CC, so its easy. At lower health, he will use 3 times AOE that can not be CC'ed, so you have to iframe it.

Be Ido 3rd Phase : Ha ha. Just kick his ass. Ez.

This is just my analysis about the fight maybe you guys can correct me on this. :D / 

First Boss is RNG is you bomb the right add it wont heal the boss and you can wipe him fast.

Ohterwise each time you get the wrong add you have to kill the add and its heal the boss. So if you're unlucky you have a boss full life.

It's like if you win you stay 2 sec in the room if you lose you stay longer

Pets will cause lag. I say this because using warlock and summoner, the rubber banding because the cat sometimes will now affect everyone with a pet. So if you are a summoner already having problems with lag, a pet will likely just freeze your game worse than GHS.

i just watched the video on twich, and for the new soul skill enhancement you need to run the new tower more than 3 months??? Each time you finish it gives you less than 1token and you need 90 =/ wtf is this, its telling you buy us reset tickets or get the souls in 1 year. Unless you are the lucky ones that will be in higher ranks and rewarded (very very small %% of server)

Ps: was posted in other thread https://www.twitch.tv/bladeandsoul/v/68611540?t=39m45s

Archived